Understanding is a pain

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Perker Marwan
These are thoughts that have kept me awake during many nights, and in the end, I will reveal information that you might know or might not know, but really SHOULD know.

Why do we fight to achieve what we desire?

That's a question one could simply answer like this:

"Because I want it"

But that's ignorant, and another sign of our simple human nature.

Do you remember anything from before you was born? No, you don't. 'Cause back then, your brain did not exist, hence you had no consciousness. Meaning nowhere to hide memory or understanding of your existence.

People wonder how it will be to die, but it will be like I said above: like before you was born. Your brain will stop working, hence your consciousness will stop existing. Hence, you will no longer be able to understand.

Basically, the memory of whatever succes or happiness you might have found in life will no longer existing. Your achievements will no longer exist. In whatever way you have helped the world, you will not know what the world will think of you after you're dead.

Basically, achieving and fighting to achieve is a sign of human weakness. We see us as superior to animals, who got short lives and merely lives through them without any achievements. But in reality, it's us living life wrong. We are not supposed to achieve personal gains, we are supposed to be born on this planet, keep it alive, and die on this planet. Instead, we ruin the planet and will have wasted our lifes achieving what will mean nothing in a matter of years.

If you understood and agree with this, read the text below. If you don't, then do not read the text below, as it would make no sense to you and ruin the point of this text.

We search knowledge, but knowledge leads to philosophy. And philosophy leads to understanding. And understanding is painful to those who truely posses it.

chithappens
laughing out loud

inimalist
awwwwwwwww

poor guy

read some Sartre

lord xyz
Nah, I find understanding releaving. It feels like an acomplishment.

Bardock42
Some knowledge can be painful. In my experience most of it is good though.

jaden101
if philosophy leads to understanding....why is it all about unanswerable or rhetorical questions?

Deja~vu
Because we are filled with Ego and that needs to be tamed.

inimalist
lol, except that philosophy is all about stroking ones ego quite vigorously

chithappens
In short, that is correct

Heat_Vision
Originally posted by Bardock42
Some knowledge can be painful. In my experience most of it is good though.

Yeah, knowledge can and will change you. yes

Deja~vu
Originally posted by inimalist
lol, except that philosophy is all about stroking ones ego quite vigorously LOl.....yeah in some words. Damn Ego, will destroy ourselves.. mad

Symmetric Chaos
I don't bother with understanding. I know I'm right and just pity those who disagree, makes life easier.

chithappens
No means no!

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by chithappens
No means no!

Except when it means "Yes, harder. I want it harder."

chithappens
Touche.

Spang53
Human nature. People need a goal or purpose in life that is tangible. Something they can grasp with their hands. People don't care about the planet because of it's pure age. "If its been around for millions of years its not going to die now." When they don't succed they recieve pressure from others that want them to succed. Me personally. I don't want to do anything other than play music and slack off. I don't care if I'm successful or leave a mark on the people at large but if everyone was like that. Our race wouldn't survive. We need the strivers. The goal setters and the hard workers and we even have some need of the things that destroy the planet. We could eliminate that but most of the populace would be unhappy. You can't fight a majority.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.