CIS vs. Vong

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jbill311
CIS at the height of their power, with a cease fire in place with the Republic, vs the Yuuzhan Vong.

kotorfan
Well i don't think the YV technology will affect the droids that much.. maybe the bugs but poison won't work. And also they have their magnaguards which don't die even if u take their head off. They will just keep on fighting. (In ROTS obi1 or anakin forgot who slices off a head and it came bak fighting until it was destroyed)

Gideon
The truth is that the Yuuzhan Vong really aren't an overtly powerful military regime. Are they weak? Certainly not, but I feel that many people get bound up in the idea that "they almost defeated the New Republic" and neglect to take the context of the situation into consideration. The facts are thus: the New Republic, as a whole, was hideously undermilitarized; they could never compare to the might of the Galactic Empire at its peak. Furthermore, the Vong attacked without warning, quarter, or provocation -- a sneak attack, of sorts -- after they spent decades collecting intelligence on the Republic and its doings (Nom Anor, a Yuuzhan Vong spy and saboteur, manipulated the Imperial Interim Ruling Council into a civil war, thus breaking the back of the Galactic Empire once and for all). In addition, the New Republic was practically drowning in red tape and still held quarter when they fought back against the Vong. New Republic Intelligence developed Alpha Red, a biological agent capable of wiping out the entire Vong civilization, but was opposed by Luke Skywalker for being too "Palpatine-esque" (the agent was later destroyed by renegade Jedi Vergere).

Certainly, the Vongs are incredibly powerful warriors, physical specimens, and as ruthless as any droid. But they are hideously outnumbered by the droid armies and are facing an enemy commander -- General Grievous -- who is as physically powerful, brilliant, and amoral as they are.

Vorpal Ruin
So you think General Grievous would beat the likes of Tsavong Lah, Nom Anor, Onimi and Shimrra?

Gideon
Originally posted by Vorpal Ruin
So you think General Grievous would beat the likes of Tsavong Lah, Nom Anor, Onimi and Shimrra?

In what? A fight? A space battle?

Vorpal Ruin
Sure, in a fight. Either of them should be a good fight for GG imo. There are others that would be able to put up a good fight too: the Vong Slayers and Nas Choka to name a couple more.

Elite Hunter
Would you consider Sidious part of the CIS since he was giving strategic advice to Dooku and Grievous such as the secret hyperspace route to Coruscant.

Lt. Valerian
To be honest, I haven't read anything concerning the Yuuzhan Vong.

Tangible God
Originally posted by Lt. Valerian
To be honest, I haven't read anything concerning the Yuuzhan Vong. You lucky bastard.

Lt. Valerian
Is it really that bad?

Tangible God
I only read half the last half of the NJO series myself, so I know you were spared at least half the misery. It's not a good series, plainly-put. Wookiepedia's all you need for info. of that timeline, nothing more.

Lt. Valerian
Good. I'm too lazy to read all of that, anyway.

Enyalus
I don't read anything post ROTJ. So by virtue of my Vong ignorance, CIS wins. big grin

Vorpal Ruin
I read the entire NJO series and i liked it, although it was my first series into the Star Wars EU so i had nothing to compare it to. Jedi like Ganner Rhysode, Anakin Solo, Kyp Durron and Corran Horn just had me interested i guess, and (not jedi)Wedge and Tycho too. The Myrkr Mission was also very interesting and so was Anakin rescuing Tahiri. imo of course.

Elite Hunter
Good. I'm too lazy to read all of that, anyway.

You should take a look at "Traitor" it is one of the better NJO books out there and it one of the easier NJO books to pick up and read.

Lt. Valerian
I guess one wouldn't hurt.

Elite Hunter
I guess one wouldn't hurt.
What makes this book easy to pick and understand because all you need to know is the basic plot before it which wookieepedia easily explains and it only focuses on one character really.

Lt. Valerian
On who?

Elite Hunter
On who?

It's mostly about Jacen's imprisonment with the Vong and how they try to turn him against the republic and torture him in the embrace of pain. Vergere plays a huge teaching him different views of the force(she teaches him the whole pain thing) and then how they try escape/sabotage the vong. I think Jaina is also featured in the book but it is fairly psychological and definitely one of the more gruesome sw books out there.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.