Ratings For The Dark Knight.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

shiv
The Dark Knight merits:

The Dark Knight is a study of social interaction in The City of Gotham.

We see more of Bruce Wayne because Wayne is a social animal. Bales performance of Wayne was Excellent Batman's portrayal was strong except for The Voice. The director acknowledged this considering it wasn't convincing even for the criminal element within the movie.

Morgan Freeman and Michael Caine with NO help from Gyllenhaal injected the aspects of Family and Friendship into the film. When The Dark Knight was in need Their presence was felt by the audience. The idea that Bruce Wayne doesn't have a family or a friend or a steady girlfriend never surfaced. Such was the strength of performance by Freeman and Caine.

Heath Ledger brought The Joker on screen. The genius The voice The mannerisms The laugh The crazy. It was a virtuoso performance. The Joker does not interact out of necessity He directs events and interacts at leisure. He inspires fear and awe from the audience and from the Gotham community. The subplot concerning his ever-changing origin story is hilarious.

Gary Oldman brought Gordon on Screen. Gordon was about a moral code, order and Liaison.The booking of Joker was done by the book except for a moment of weakness Betrayed at every turn Gordon adhered to his principles, something no other character did until The End when he Relented to preserve Order. Though Not Commissioner in The Film He acts like one without overstepping his authority.

Harvey Dent. Two Face to A T.
This was the 2nd Best performance of The Film.
Harvey brought to the table the aspect of Work. Because in Any Community People Work. And His Character did most of The Working on screen. Aaron Eckhard also brought The concept of Integrity into Play.

Drama was injected with superb casting and Performances by actors in walk in roles.
Tommy Campbell Passenger No1 and Tommy Lister The Big Silent Prisoner remember them. The tension was Epic.

All the Supporting Characters were excellent in the roles they were cast. Det Montoya's body language was a subtle hint for the audience. Lau the broker was a means to introduce the films tech and to introduce everyone to everyone. The Joker to the Mob, The Asst DA in her day job to the audience The Mob to The Courtroom Bruce Wayne to The Board The Judge to The Joker And Harvey Dent to The courtroom.

The Dark Knight Cons:

The Leading Lady Performance is not worth mentioning. It GRATED.

The role itself was crucial to the flow of the film. The character as performed seemed to have a draining effect on The other characters
The Draining Effect was visibly intensified after the characters screen exit.

Rating 8/10

SnakeEyes
I gave it a 9.

BruceSkywalker
The Dark Knight is a 10/10

Da Joker
10/10

Only 10/10 movie along with TIH.

demoneyeslaharl
10/10...

One of the few movies that I happily enjoyed all the way. I welcome it to my top 10s.

sithsaber408
Also 10/10, but I think the thread starter nailed it pretty well in his description. thumb up

Almighty Bauer
Originally posted by shiv
The Dark Knight merits:

We see more of Bruce Wayne because Wayne is a social animal. Bales performance of Wayne was Excellent Batman's portrayal was strong except for The Voice. The director acknowledged this considering it wasn't convincing even for the criminal element within the movie.

Morgan Freeman and Michael Caine with NO help from Gyllenhaal injected the aspects of Family and Friendship into the film. When The Dark Knight was in need Their presence was felt by the audience. The idea that Bruce Wayne doesn't have a family or a friend or a steady girlfriend never surfaced. Such was the strength of performance by Freeman and Caine.

Heath Ledger brought The Joker on screen. The genius The voice The mannerisms The laugh The crazy. It was a virtuoso performance. The Joker does not interact out of necessity He directs events and interacts at leisure. He inspires fear and awe from the audience and from the Gotham community. The subplot concerning his ever-changing origin story is hilarious.

Gary Oldman brought Gordon on Screen. Gordon was about a moral code, order and Liaison.The booking of Joker was done by the book except for a moment of weakness Betrayed at every turn Gordon adhered to his principles, something no other character did until The End when he Relented to preserve Order. Though Not Commissioner in The Film He acts like one without overstepping his authority.

Harvey brought to the table the aspect of Work. Because in Any Community People Work. And His Character did most of The Working on screen. Aaron Eckhard also brought The concept of Integrity into Play.

Drama was injected with superb casting and Performances by actors in walk in roles.
Tommy Campbell Passenger No1 and Tommy Lister The Big Silent Prisoner remember them. The tension was Epic.

All the Supporting Characters were excellent in the roles they were cast. Det Montoya's body language was a subtle hint for the audience. Lau the broker was a means to introduce the films tech and to introduce everyone to everyone. The Joker to the Mob, The Asst DA in her day job to the audience The Mob to The Courtroom Bruce Wayne to The Board The Judge to The Joker And Harvey Dent to The courtroom.

The Dark Knight Cons:

The role itself was crucial to the flow of the film. The character as performed seemed to have a draining effect on The other characters

Rating 8/10
I agree about the pros. I disagree, however, with your opinion of Maggie Gylenhaal's performance. My only problem was that occassionally the music was a little too loud and made speech hard to hear clearly.

Da Joker
Maggie was awesome, I hate how people are complaining when she actually did a great job. You guys wanted someone better than Katie Holmes and that's what you got.

Scythe
It was alright. Maggie's performance was just 'meh' and I although it was slow at times, it had some very dramatic scenes.

Da Joker
I thought the whole movie was amazing and had no bad scenes. Maggie was hawt and was pretty good.

Scythe
Originally posted by Da Joker
I thought the whole movie was amazing and had no bad scenes. Maggie was hawt and was pretty good.

Brilliant.

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by shiv
The Dark Knight merits:

The Dark Knight Cons:

Rating 8/10 Great analysis, and yes, I would agree that Eckhard had the second best performance, second to Ledger.

Maggie did not bother me too much, although she was definately not the strongest actor in the movie.

I would rank it a 10 honestly.

Da Joker
1. Ledger
2. Eckhart & Oldman tied
3. Bale

Neo Darkhalen
I only have 2 main problems with the film

1) The music got to loud at times
2) Half the time i had no idea what the hell Batman was saying
3) The Joker relied on to much going right for his plan to work

RevoWution™©®
Originally posted by Da Joker

I agree. Maggie was TONNES better than Katie Holmes.

I gladly give TDK a 10/10. Terrific movie.

Neo Darkhalen
well my last fault was more of a nag...stick out tongue

I liked Maggie like RW said she was much better then Katie Holmes, a lot more humanistic as well.

Toku King
Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
I only have 2 main problems with the film

1) The music got to loud at times
2) Half the time i had no idea what the hell Batman was saying
3) The Joker relied on to much going right for his plan to work

laughing

Endrict Nuul

-.2 points for Batman's voice

Strangelove
I gave it a 9. Fantastic film, but the story had pacing problems. In my opinion, they should have ended the film without killing Dent, so he could go on to be his own villain in a new film. Two-Face is too good a character and too good a villain to be thrown away after 45 minutes.

But a fine film.

Bardock42
I liked Batman's voice. The Music did get loud at times though, might have been intentional. And I don't actually think that Joker relied on too much for his plan to work, there much worse examples.

Almighty Bauer
Originally posted by Strangelove
I gave it a 9. Fantastic film, but the story had pacing problems. In my opinion, they should have ended the film without killing Dent, so he could go on to be his own villain in a new film. Two-Face is too good a character and too good a villain to be thrown away after 45 minutes.

But a fine film.

However, the Joker's victory would not have been so complete without Dent having been pushed beyond the point of redemption, and Batman having to kill him, effectively, then take the rap for what he had done.

Strangelove
Originally posted by Almighty Bauer
However, the Joker's victory would not have been so complete without Dent having been pushed beyond the point of redemption, and Batman having to kill him, effectively, then take the rap for what he had done. Joker's victory was complete after he turned Dent into Two-Face, I don't think it required Dent's death to be effective. In fact, it would be more damaging if Two-Face went on to be a major villain in a new film; the White Knight completely corrupted for all of Gotham to see.

It doesn't exactly jibe with what Nolan was going for in the last few minutes, but I think it would have made for a good story nonetheless.

Bardock42
Joker's victory was complete after he turned Dent into Two-Face, I don't think it required Dent's death to be effective. In fact, it would be more damaging if Two-Face went on to be a major villain in a new film; the White Knight completely corrupted for all of Gotham to see.

It doesn't exactly jibe with what Nolan was going for in the last few minutes, but I think it would have made for a good story nonetheless.

I think the movie required Dent's death to show Batman's determination. Joker had won, when Dent turned, Gordon and Batman saved what they could by hiding Dent's fall. I think it was very well done, and one of the few times I thought a death of a villain was justified.

Strangelove
Yeah.

The way I described would require the film's direction to be very different, and it would have been a completely different script. But I still think it would have been satisfying.

Bardock42
Yeah.

The way I described would require the film's direction to be very different, and it would have been a completely different script. But I still think it would have been satisfying. It could have worked. I just don't take that they didn't do it as negative.

Strangelove
And the final product was brilliant, no question.

Master Crimzon
9.5. To be honest, I liked it better than most of the films I'd rank a '10', but I can't truly give it a 10/10 because it was... 10, 20 minutes too long. I was spoiled about Two-Face's fate, though, so that might have ruined some of the fun for me... oh well. The point is, amazing movie, but cut it by 15 minutes and you have a truly perfect movie.

Neo Darkhalen
For me the timing was great, i never got bored and i never felt like i needed to know the time left, which is more then i can say for Spider-Man 3.

ragesRemorse
as far as comic movie's go it's a definite 10. As a movie it's a 9.

don't ask me why, 10 just seems reserved for a movie i have not yet seen.

WAIT, ALIENS...,Aliens is a 10.

RevoWution™©®
Originally posted by Bardock42
I think the movie required Dent's death to show Batman's determination. Joker had won, when Dent turned, Gordon and Batman saved what they could by hiding Dent's fall. I think it was very well done, and one of the few times I thought a death of a villain was justified.

Well said smile

I hope Dent comes back in the next one. Even if it means resurrecting him with a Lazarus Pit and destroying the realism of Nolan's Bat-universe stick out tongue

THAT'S how much I want Two-Face to come back big grin

SnakeEyes
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
don't ask me why, 10 just seems reserved for a movie i have not yet seen.

Yeah, I hesitate when it comes to giving movies a perfect 10/10. Because that means the movie was perfect, no flaws, and I just have a tough time thinking of many films that deserve the God-like 10/10 status.

But then again, it's also preference. I can think of some movies that don't deserve a 10/10 for quality, but I just love the movie anyway.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.