Jake Gyllenhaal as Riddler

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

rox
i figured since they used heath ledger as an unsuspecting choice as joker and a much younger actor why not him. no one thought heath could pull it off so what about this guy as riddler.

Bat Dude
While I loved Maggie in TDK, I say no to her brother...

I don't want to see Riddler as it is, and I SURE AS HELL don't want to see Jake Gyllenhaal as Riddler...

If Riddler is that important, I say Ed Norton, but again, I'd rather see either Two-Face come back (with a plausible reason to come back) or someone like Reaper or Bane, who has never been in a movie before (I don't count B&R Bane)...

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by rox
i figured since they used heath ledger as an unsuspecting choice as joker and a much younger actor why not him. no one thought heath could pull it off so what about this guy as riddler.

Perhaps,but no thank you. Jake is a good actor, but right now I can't see him in a Batman movie

rox
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
Perhaps,but no thank you. Jake is a good actor, but right now I can't see him in a Batman movie

exactly. you probably could not see Heath Ledger either but it worked.

rox
Originally posted by Bat Dude

I don't want to see Riddler as it is, and I SURE AS HELL don't want to see Jake Gyllenhaal as Riddler...

If Riddler is that important, I say Ed Norton, but again, I'd rather see either Two-Face come back (with a plausible reason to come back) or someone like Reaper or Bane, who has never been in a movie before (I don't count B&R Bane)...

why do u hate riddler so

Darth Demise
i was actually thinking riddler would be a nice choice for the next bat man, cause the only one he was in was the one with jim carry right?

rox
yes

Da Joker
He's not a good choice, and I hate how people use the Heath Ledger argument to justify someone being cast for a character they look nothing like and wouldn't do a good job as.

Dwayne Johnson would be a perfect Riddler. But don't deny it because we never thought Heath would be as good as he was. roll eyes (sarcastic)

SelinaAndBruce
No more Gyllenhaals, thanks, lol

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by rox
exactly. you probably could not see Heath Ledger either but it worked.

Wrong. I saw Heath Ledger perfectly. When I found out he was going to cast as The Joker, I knew the character was going to be a whole lot better. I was right.

batmanfan136
when Health was casted i thought he be good just because he was a good actor before the dark knight and i just dont think that Jake Gyllenhaal is that good of an actor

Neo Darkhalen

Yeah because WB are really going to take a risk using new villains, instead of classic ones with more popularity.

Endrict Nuul
Brokeback Riddler

Almighty Bauer
The sooner this thread dies, the better...

rox
^whatever.

Mairuzu
Originally posted by rox
i figured since they used heath ledger as an unsuspecting choice as joker and a much younger actor why not him. no one thought heath could pull it off so what about this guy as riddler. Admit it... you want to see joker and riddler get it on

Bat Dude
Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
Yeah because WB are really going to take a risk using new villains, instead of classic ones with more popularity.

If the movie is great, would people really care if it's Bane or Reaper and not Riddler, or Talia and not Catwoman?

I mean, look at Batman Begins: It had Ras Al Ghul and Scarecrow, two villains the general public didn't really know too well, and they STILL loved that movie...

Begins proved you don't need the rotation to make a great Batman movie...

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by batmanfan136
when Health was casted i thought he be good just because he was a good actor before the dark knight and i just dont think that Jake Gyllenhaal is that good of an actor

rox
Originally posted by Mairuzu
Admit it... you want to see joker and riddler get it on

go away trying to start trouble. it was just a suggesting and people wanna get all ******* about it.

Endrict Nuul
If the movie is great, would people really care if it's Bane or Reaper and not Riddler, or Talia and not Catwoman?

I mean, look at Batman Begins: It had Ras Al Ghul and Scarecrow, two villains the general public didn't really know too well, and they STILL loved that movie...

Begins proved you don't need the rotation to make a great Batman movie...

They wouldn't want the Reaper, only YOU do. They would rather have Bane, Riddler, or Cat Woman.

Bat Dude
Originally posted by Endrict Nuul
They wouldn't want the Reaper, only YOU do. They would rather have Bane, Riddler, or Cat Woman.

My question wasn't if they'd want a certain villain (good directors don't always listen to the fans), it's if they'd care who the villain was if the movie was great...

I'm perfectly alright with Bane... If Nolan wants to use Bane, that'll be awesome...

I seriously don't get how you guys can watch the SAME villains on and on... We keep getting Joker, Riddler, Catwoman, Penguin, and Two-Face (though I don't mind Two-Face returning, IF he had a plausible reason for returning) There have only been 2 times where none of those 5 were in the film (B&R and Begins)

Let's say Nolan wants to use other villains for the next film, I'm scared that the studio execs are gonna see all this clamoring over Catwoman and Riddler that they're gonna pull an Avi and say "You need to use Catwoman and Riddler because the fans love them", even though Nolan might not want to go that route... I really hope that Nolan surprises us with the villain (meaning it'll be someone we didn't expect, someone outside the rotation)

Endrict Nuul
Your right there when they have been done already. But the problem is they were horrible and a great director that has proven to be top notch, wants to redo a story properly. I don't want to see Penguin or Riddler either way because I don't like the characters.

Da Joker
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
Wrong. I saw Heath Ledger perfectly. When I found out he was going to cast as The Joker, I knew the character was going to be a whole lot better. I was right.

Even I doubted Ledger when I first heard of the casting decision. I know everyone's lying when they say they had 100% confidence in him upon first hearing about him being cast.

Bat Dude
Originally posted by Da Joker
Even I doubted Ledger when I first heard of the casting decision. I know everyone's lying when they say they had 100% confidence in him upon first hearing about him being cast.

I agree... Everyone here (including me) was like "WTF? Heath F'in Ledger is Joker?"

No fans had any confidence in Ledger until later on, when we heard his voice and saw him in action...

Anyone who says different, as you said, is lying...

Endrict Nuul
When he was first casted I was like I heard the name but just meh and could picture a movie i saw him in. Then I heard he was from the Knights Tale and was like that dude???blink I still can believe it's the same dude from Knights Tale.

Almighty Bauer
Originally posted by Endrict Nuul
They wouldn't want the Reaper, only YOU do. They would rather have Bane, Riddler, or Cat Woman. Hey, I like the Reaper too. So no, it's not just him...

Toku King
Jake's a good actor, but I couldn't see him as the Riddler.

Scythe
I would like to see Kiefer Sutherland as Riddler...

Neo Darkhalen
I think David Tennant might work.

rox

He has expressed interest in portraying him

Endrict Nuul
Yeah, David Tennant might work.

Menetnashté
Admit it... you want to see joker and riddler get it on
laughing out loud beat me to it

Toku King

I'd disagree on that. He just doesn't strike me as the guy who, by voice and look, could be the Riddler. He has the charisma, but that's it.
He should just stick to Doctor Who, because he's one of my favorite Doctors ever.

roughrider

I'm afraid you have to count Bane from B&R - the character can be re-imagined though, and come back in a better way.

Two Face can't return in the next film, for obvious reasons.

And we don't need a different thread dedicated to every actor someone thinks should be the Riddler. There's already a Johnny Depp as Riddler thread...
Since Christopher Nolan likes casting Non-Americans for most of the roles, I would expect someone outside our expectations to be cast.

Neo Darkhalen
Originally posted by Toku King
I'd disagree on that. He just doesn't strike me as the guy who, by voice and look, could be the Riddler. He has the charisma, but that's it.
He should just stick to Doctor Who, because he's one of my favorite Doctors ever.

He has played rather sinister roles in the past, and he's not the strongest man physically, but he certainly has a lot of energy which in my view covers the criteria of the Riddler rather well.

RevoWution™©®
I don't doubt Jake's acting ability, but I just don't see him as the Riddler just yet. Maybe I'll change my mind once Nolan does hire him and we see teasers stick out tongue

Not to mention it would be eerily similar to this:

http://c.imagehost.org/0798/bbgotham.jpg

BruceSkywalker
Why doesn't someone photoshop Jake as The Riddler, then we can all see what he may look like if he is hired to team with Two Face

Neo Darkhalen
have you seen him for the new PoP film?

Scythe

PoP film?

celestialdemon

I just saw a picture of him. He beefed up for the role big time.

celestialdemon
Originally posted by Scythe
PoP film?

Prince of Persia.

Scythe
Originally posted by celestialdemon
Prince of Persia.

Ohhh, thanks.

BruceSkywalker

Yeah I posted the link in the Prince of Persia thread. He looks in great shape.

Mairuzu
Originally posted by rox
go away trying to start trouble. it was just a suggesting and people wanna get all ******* about it. Calm down, it was a joke.

roughrider
Expect the unexpected in casting. Who here saw Cillian Murphy playing Scarecrow?

rox
Calm down, it was a joke.

oh

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.