Hellboy Vs. Davy Jones

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DestinyGuy678
Fight on the flying dutchman, Davy jones is from Pirates of the Carribean

Dark-Jaxx
Nothing Hellboy can really do to kill Jones.

I would say Hellboy is stronger and maybe more durable though.

Jones does have supernatual powa though.

He also IMO is the best swordsman in the series.

Kazenji
And yea a sword is really gonna stop hellboy roll eyes (sarcastic)

when he can just block it with his right hand of doom.

Placidity
Um, what the hell does Davy Jones do? He just gets his Kracken sea monster to do everything for him.

Hellboy teaches him pain.

Kazenji
If you want Hellboy having a sword fight go watch Hellboy 2.

ragesRemorse
If Will turner and Jack Sparrow can beat Jones, hellboy definitely can.

Dark-Jaxx
Only Will Turner and Captain Jack Sparrow never beat Jones, they were pwned by him. no expression

It helps to actually watch the movies you debate.

How will Hellboy kills Jones? Stabbing him? Punching him? All ineffective.

And nothing in the first Hellboy shows me him being immune to a sword, was Hellboy 2 different?

ragesRemorse
I saw the movie's and i wouldn't say Jones pwned anybody. He just happened to be invincible. In fact, sparrow held Jones to a stalemate during their duel at the end of Pirates 3. Hellboy fights enemies like Jones for a living, that is his purpose. His investigative skills in the paranormal would lead him to find out about Jones weakness. if a hapless and drunken pirate can outsmart and find Jones heart i'm sure Hellboy can.

Dark-Jaxx
Captain Jack Sparrow is a fvckin tactical genius, that was a main point in all the movies, despite his drunken state and his buffoonish movements, he is very smart.

And Jones pwned Sparrow, Will, Will's father, and Elizabeth. All in a row. In turns of swordsmanship, he is the best in the series.

Jone's weakness? I wasn't aware the Heart of Davy Jones was present in this fight.

ragesRemorse
yeah, i just assumed the fight was going to be at least somewhat fair. If there is no heart to be found why have him fight anyone?

I was under the impression that Sparrows plans worked much like the Joker's from the Dark Knight. He had a basic idea of what he wanted to accomplish and just hoped for the best. The more i think about it though. He may have more scope than i give him credit for but i still don't see how Jones pwned anyone...,he is invincible. It's like saying Superman pwned that bank robber, YEAH of course he did, he's invincible. I think Will and Jack out dueled Jones. This isn't about sparrow and Turner though. If the heart isnt on the dutchman and they are in the middle of the sea i don't think Hellboy has anything on Jones. If the Heart IS onboard this would be an easy victory for the monkey.

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
yeah, i just assumed the fight was going to be at least somewhat fair. If there is no heart to be found why have him fight anyone?

I was under the impression that Sparrows plans worked much like the Joker's from the Dark Knight. He had a basic idea of what he wanted to accomplish and just hoped for the best. The more i think about it though. He may have more scope than i give him credit for but i still don't see how Jones pwned anyone...,he is invincible. It's like saying Superman pwned that bank robber, YEAH of course he did, he's invincible. I think Will and Jack out dueled Jones. This isn't about sparrow and Turner though. If the heart isnt on the dutchman and they are in the middle of the sea i don't think Hellboy has anything on Jones. If the Heart IS onboard this would be an easy victory for the monkey. Don't know, why do people make threads where people have to fight any of these "invincible" characters.

Joker from Dark Knight was a genius. no expression

Jack Sparrow almost always stays ahead of his foes through sheer cunning and wit, his plans form together perfectly, either that, or he is a genius at improv. Thing is...Only Jack got a single hit on Jones from what I remember, and it was only a slight cut to a tentacle.

If the Heart is on the Dutchman, Jones gets to it first, being able to teleport and all.

ragesRemorse
I was taking into consideration that Sparrow faced off against Jones using only one duel hand. Their entire bout at the end of Pirates 3 had Sparrow holding onto the chest while fighting Jones with one hand. While doing so he held Jones at bay. I consider that more impressive than Jones' display of swordsmanship.

I still think Hellboy could get to the heart before Jones or at least intercept it from Jones before he takes it to the bottom of the sea.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx

And nothing in the first Hellboy shows me him being immune to a sword, was Hellboy 2 different?

Well he has a sword fight with Prince Nuada at the end of Hellboy 2

AngryManatee
Spite. Hellboy ftw.

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
I was taking into consideration that Sparrow faced off against Jones using only one duel hand. Their entire bout at the end of Pirates 3 had Sparrow holding onto the chest while fighting Jones with one hand. While doing so he held Jones at bay. I consider that more impressive than Jones' display of swordsmanship.

I still think Hellboy could get to the heart before Jones or at least intercept it from Jones before he takes it to the bottom of the sea. ...The swordsmen in the Pirates series always use one hand. no expression

That's their fighting style.

How? Jone's is a teleporter. He could just drop it to the bottom of the sea before Hellboy could touch it.

And what is Hellboy's resistance to swords?

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
...The swordsmen in the Pirates series always use one hand. no expression

That's their fighting style.

How? Jone's is a teleporter. He could just drop it to the bottom of the sea before Hellboy could touch it.

And what is Hellboy's resistance to swords?

Hellboy could smash through that ships Hull within seconds, so, i'm sure he would have a chance to make it to the chest. Jones would still have the advantage though. Hellboy isn't impervious to swords but his right hand is indestructible. Jones' swordsmanship really has no bearing in this match though, since he is invincible. Hellboy fought and beat a master swordsman in, Golden Army, a master Swordsman that appeared to be much more skilled and agile than Jones. I guess this bout is merely a race, though. In that case i can't see Hellboy winning without luck.

Dark-Jaxx
Meh. Nothin there to really argue.

Blinky
Beacause Davy Jones is a shitty Disney movie villian there is no way he is winning... otherwise the kids will cry.

Hellboy 10/10

Dark-Jaxx
Shut up Blinky.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Blinky
Beacause Davy Jones is a shitty Disney movie villian there is no way he is winning... otherwise the kids will cry.

Hellboy 10/10

I like how you think, Sir

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.