ESB Obi Wan vs ROTS Mace

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kotor3
All out no rules.

Enyalus
...Obi Wan is dead in Empire Strikes Back...?

If there's another SW acronym for a book or something, that's just crappy. stick out tongue

Kotor3
Originally posted by Enyalus
...Obi Wan is dead in Empire Strikes Back...?

If there's another SW acronym for a book or something, that's just crappy. stick out tongue

I guess I have been making to many threads I meant Star Wars A New Hope. Winner takes on Vader.

Galan007
this a joke?

Kotor3
Originally posted by Galan007
this a joke?

Perhaps but I always thought that Obi Wan was more powerful by the time of A New Hope.

Enyalus
Obi Wan owns. Literally. Think about it: old white man against a black man with an attitude problem? Seen Roots?

I'm kidding, of course. Any version of Mace would beat ANH Obi Wan. smile

Kotor3
Obi Wan owns. Literally. Think about it: old white man against a black man with an attitude problem? Seen Roots?

I'm kidding, of course. Any version of Mace would beat ANH Obi Wan. smile

I thought Obi Wan was much more powerful by the time of A New Hope. I cannot say for sure who would win but I believe this version of Obi Wan would be more of a Match for Mace than the one in ROTS.

Enyalus
What gave you the impression the Obi Wan is stronger in ANH than in ROTS? "These are not the droids you're looking for," is cool and all, but his battle with Vader was very not. He looked like he was suffering from a bad case of arthritis.

Kotor3
What gave you the impression the Obi Wan is stronger in ANH than in ROTS? "These are not the droids you're looking for," is cool and all, but his battle with Vader was very not. He looked like he was suffering from a bad case of arthritis.

I enjoyed the fight. In the first three movies they fought light knights. When the sabers hit you felt like force was involved in every swing. In the last three movies they fought like they were ninjas and samamaris.

I did not feel like force was used in every swing but that the user was relying more on their own developed skilled instead of force. At that is how it was depicted in the movies.

I know this is off subject but when two knights strike at each other if one of them cannot stand the power of the hit it does not matter how much skill he may have, he will fall.

Obi Wan could become one with the force in a new hope his strikes seems powerful not weak. At least it did to me. He could not do this until the end of ROTS. Also didn't he receive more training at the end of ROTS that would make his stronger and more skilled.

Darth Subjekt
Mace still tools him. Even with the CGI helping Alec Guinness move around.

Lt. Valerian
Yup.

Elite Hunter
ANH Kenobi can't take Mace out or ROTS Kenobi. ANH kenobi is physically weaker then his rots self,the only true fight he that I'm aware while in exile was the fight he had with Hett who would one day become Darth Krayt but judging by the comic, Obiwan doesn't look anywhere near as old as he does in ANH so it leaves me to believe that it was fairly early in his exile. The only technique that he learned was how to become a force spirit. So Mace at his peak should not have too much of a problem with Kenobi.

Kotor3
Originally posted by Elite Hunter
ANH Kenobi can't take Mace out or ROTS Kenobi. ANH kenobi is physically weaker then his rots self,the only true fight he that I'm aware while in exile was the fight he had with Hett who would one day become Darth Krayt but judging by the comic, Obiwan doesn't look anywhere near as old as he does in ANH so it leaves me to believe that it was fairly early in his exile. The only technique that he learned was how to become a force spirit. So Mace at his peak should not have too much of a problem with Kenobi.

Obi Wan might have been weaker physically but that really does not matter when it comes to the force correct? He was stronger in the force.

Galan007
Originally posted by Kotor3
Obi Wan could become one with the force in a new hope his strikes seems powerful not weak. At least it did to me. c'mon:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjCyZ2P9bCA

ANH-obi would be mace's b*tch.

Kotor3
Originally posted by Galan007
c'mon:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjCyZ2P9bCA

ANH-obi would be mace's b*tch.

Ok if Obi Wan has no chance then that means Mace faces Vader.

Blax_Hydralisk
Mace has a pretty solid chance of whooping Vader's ass too.

There really is no one in the OT methinks that could contend with RotS Mace.

Enyalus
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
There really is no one in the OT methinks that could contend with RotS Mace.

Except El Sid...erm, I mean, Sidious. big grin

But yeah, Mace's Vaapad would take Vader down pretty quick I'd think.

Elite Hunter
Obi Wan might have been weaker physically but that really does not matter when it comes to the force correct? He was stronger in the force.

Not necessarily, remember just because he was in hiding doesn't mean he could actually practice. We know that the only force technique he taught was on he couldn't actually do until he about to die. Obiwan knew that should he try to practice and become stronger in the force that he ran the risk of being sensed by one of the inquisitors,Vader, or the Emperor.

Of course it matter that he was physically weaker because Obiwan was never all that powerful in the force to begin with. Now he would have to spend his " force energy" in body so he can physically withstand saber blows from a younger and physically stronger opponent like Mace or Vader.

Rogue Jedi
Mace had Sidious beat, safe to say he'd pimp slap Obi.

Man of Christ
Except El Sid...erm, I mean, Sidious. big grin

But yeah, Mace's Vaapad would take Vader down pretty quick I'd think.

palp had become decrepit too

Master Crimzon
Originally posted by Man of Christ
palp had become decrepit too

No, he became more powerful as a result of studying the force to a greater extent. For example, he could mindwipe billions of people to prevent them from attaining knowledge of the Lusankya, he killed dozens of stormtroopers with his force lightning, and disintergrated people with one-handed lightning.

Oh, and Mace beat Sidious thanks to Vaapad. He won't have that advantage against Obi-Wan, who is a lightsider. (But he still curbstomps him, being faster, more physically conditioned, and an overall superior swordsman)

Kotor3
ANH Obi Wan did not get destroyed by Vader. Actually he let himself die. I do not see how Mace would just wipe the floor with ANH Obi Wan. Did not Obi Wan receive training from Yoda after ROTS? I never look at ROTS Obi Wan being stronger in the force than ANH Obi Wan.

Vader may not have been Anakin but he was definitely more defined or a master of the dark side by the time of ANH. Vader grew in power just could never reach his potential.

I believe the fight would be more tough than many are making it out to be.

Elite Hunter
Did not Obi Wan receive training from Yoda after ROTS?

Yoda told Obiwan that Qui-gon would teach him how to become one with the force once he died. Other than that I don't think Kenobi had received training especially from Yoda.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.