A world with no rated M games

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nemesis X
If the world ever destroyed all M rated videogames and your parents crushed the M rated games you now own, what would you do?

Peach
My mom can't touch my games stick out tongue

I wouldn't be too bothered. Most of mine aren't M-rated.

Stupid, though. People need to stop making a big deal over games.

Impediment
M rated games are just a scapegoat for liberal Christian beaurocrats to b*tch and moan about.

Tipper Gore did the same thing with music by making the "parental Advisory: Explicit Lyrics" logo for metal and rap music. Guess what? Metal and rap music are still going strong, strong, strong.

SaTsuJiN
most of the fun in video games is being able to do things you cant IRL... like ripping someones he--... I mean.. like jumping from planet to planet collecting starbits! big grin

Outbound
Put a PG sticker over the M ratings? srug

Yoshi Paradise
I wouldn't be affected at all since none of my games are rated "M".

Burning thought
I can imagine lol....

But i tihnk the world would be more boring without some gore and bloodshed and as Satsujin said, doing kind and loving things you cannot do in your own life.

BackFire
I'd murder people and say that the now that violent games don't exist anymore I can't take out my aggression on fake pixels and so must take it out on real people.

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by BackFire
I'd murder people and say that the now that violent games don't exist anymore I can't take out my aggression on fake pixels and so must take it out on real people. Damn it you beat me to it!

The j0keR
Originally posted by BackFire
I'd murder people and say that the now that violent games don't exist anymore I can't take out my aggression on fake pixels and so must take it out on real people.

Perfect. yes

Morridini
BackFire's right, it would make the world a much worse place.

Nemesis X
Agreed

TricksterPriest
No M-rated games? That means no DMC, no GoW, no RE, and no MGS.

.........Actually, for denying Metal Gear 4 alone, I'd go on a killing spree worthy of the Joker. evillaugh

The entire Metal Gear Solid series is rated M. Let the bloodbath begin. ha-son

Dark-Jaxx
Joker? Pffft.

I would go on a killing spree worthy of the muthafvckin Anti-Monitor. no expression

Smasandian
Originally posted by Impediment
M rated games are just a scapegoat for liberal Christian beaurocrats to b*tch and moan about.

Tipper Gore did the same thing with music by making the "parental Advisory: Explicit Lyrics" logo for metal and rap music. Guess what? Metal and rap music are still going strong, strong, strong.

Wouldn't it be conservative who ***** and moan about it and not liberal?

I have no problem with the ratings system at all. I do have a problem people blaming videogames for bad shit that happens in life.

ESB -1138
I have a few M rated games; namely Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles. Most of my games are E and T so I wouldn't care.

Originally posted by Smasandian
Wouldn't it be conservative who ***** and moan about it and not liberal?

I have no problem with the ratings system at all. I do have a problem people blaming videogames for bad shit that happens in life.

Yeah it's not like it's the parent's job to monitor what they're kids are doing; no it's everyone else's job.

Burning thought
Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
Joker? Pffft.

I would go on a killing spree worthy of the muthafvckin Anti-Monitor. no expression

Anti-monitor looks like a power rangers reject, joker>>>Anti-monitor

Smasandian
Originally posted by ESB -1138
I have a few M rated games; namely Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles. Most of my games are E and T so I wouldn't care.

Yeah it's not like it's the parent's job to monitor what they're kids are doing; no it's everyone else's job.

Yep, and that's why we have the ratings system to help parents with games.

The ratings system might be useless in 10-15 years when everybody who plays games now has kids.

Peach

The ratings system might be useless in 10-15 years when everybody who plays games now has kids.

I wouldn't think so. There'll still be people (who did not play games) with kids who DO want to play games. Gamers still don't make up a majority of people!

I like the ratings system; I dislike the people who don't listen when I explain to them what's in a game, buy it for their kid anyway, and then come back bitching that it was a horrible horrible game and the world is going to hell in a handbasket and why did I sell them that game?

Idiots.

(the best was some lady saying a Naruto PS2 game was too violent for her kid...who was about 15...)

Blax_Hydralisk

The problem is more along the fact that most people don't care...

My Mom, for example, took to Gamestop to buy Ninja Gaiden II a couple of months ago and when we got to the resgister the dude their was like "You know this game's rated M for mature due to intense violence, nudity, etc. right?" And she's (being a devout Chritstian and everything) just like "yeah whatever just rig it up I'm in a rush. " Even though we just went home after that. haermm

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by Burning thought
Anti-monitor looks like a power rangers reject, joker>>>Anti-monitor Doesn't matter. no expression

My point was Anti-Monitor killed much more people than Joker.

Burning thought
probably not as stylishly horrific as Joker however

Schecter

what made you come to the conclusion that they are liberals?

Bardock42
Originally posted by Schecter
what made you come to the conclusion that they are liberals?

Probably that it is often the liberals that demand and want that (Gore and his ***** of a wife, for example)

Schecter
Originally posted by Bardock42
Probably that it is often the liberals that demand and want that

funny since it seems to me that the conservative side is more known for advocating extreme censorship in entertainment, considering the tightening/stricting up of the republican-run fcc over the past 8 years.

at the same time though i acknowledge:

Originally posted by Bardock42
(Gore and his ***** of a wife, for example)

...so i certainly wouldnt consider obnoxious censorship to be a clear partisan issue.

Nemesis X
People are still rebelling against violent games. They should give up. They know they'll never win.

Zack Fair
No M rated games means Nintengo ass rapes the competition...Ok its already doing it...so Nintengo gangbangs for the rest of eternity.

k1Lla441
Then like 99 percent of all shooters wouldnt exist.... and along with it half of gaming.

occultdestroyer
Yeah,
we'd like play Nintendogs or LittleBigPlanet or sumshit and call it hardcore

ArtificialGlory
My parents bought me Silent Hill when I was 10.

jinXed by JaNx
I'm not a PC gamer but if this ever happened. I would most certainly become a PC gamer because i know that i would be able to find M rated games on the internet. I would be bootlegging illegally produced M rated video games.

There is no such thing as M rated games. There is no such thing as R rated movies, just pansies that need something to blame for societies ills.

King-Fingolfin
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
My parents bought me Silent Hill when I was 10.

I played Diablo when I was 6 no expression

ThunderGodEneru
I played with my dick when I was 3.

Nemesis X
I played Resident Evil when I was 5.

People are just trying to push even harder aginst M games because people killed other people because they saw it in games. It has been revealed that these gamers that are causing homicides are either mentally disabled or on crack. That one guy who stabbed a cab driver was a bit mental because he's been witnessing his dad beating his mom ever since he was little and he went a little bonkers because of it. The other guy shot two police officers because he played GTA and he was addicted to drugs.

M games are being accused for the stuff when it's the pot smokers and mental people causing it.

King-Fingolfin
Originally posted by ThunderGodEneru
I played with my dick when I was 3.

I played with your mom last night 13

ThunderGodEneru
Originally posted by King-Fingolfin
I played with your mom last night 13 I know, I was there, MAN that b!tch gives some good head, amirite?

General Kaliero
Jaxx, tone it down.

ThunderGodEneru
Okay.

Neo Darkhalen
A world without M rated games, I guess that also means plots and story's would have to be toned down......yeah countless Mario, Zelda and Megaman clones with the same monotonous story............wait a minute...

Phanteros
it will be like hell, I will go on a mass chain saw rocket launcher spree killing all the tax payers and eventually dethrone the government and take control and commit mass nukings in on the planet and rename US
Killmercia where emos are force to make rate UM games in sweat shops.

Friday is taco day

Ridley_Prime
A world without M games would mean no Nemesis complaining about MKvsDC's rating or the toned down violence/fatalities, so it couldn't be all that bad, right?

Yoshi Paradise
A world without "M" rated video games would be a much better place.

*Daydreams*

Final Blaxican
God. No, Yoshi,

General Kaliero
Yeah, no. We wouldn't have games like Eternal Darkness or the first God of War, for example.

Ridley_Prime
No M games, no Halo/Mortal Kombat/Doom/Resident Evil/etc. fapping. Noooooooooooooo! mad

Oh. I mean, yeah. Let's not go there.

occultdestroyer
No DoA??

OH NOEZ!!!!111oneone11

ThunderGodEneru
No M ratings means no Fallout 3.

So quiet yourself Yoshi.

k1Lla441
Originally posted by General Kaliero
Yeah, no. We wouldn't have games like Eternal Darkness or the first God of War, for example.
a world without god of war?!?! *gasp!*

Kazenji
Just because your not a fan of them.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
A world without M games would mean no Nemesis complaining about MKvsDC's rating or the toned down violence/fatalities, so it couldn't be all that bad, right?

I figured that you or someone else would mention about my complaining so in the future I prefer you don't do it again.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Yoshi Paradise
A world without "M" rated video games would be a much better place.

*Daydreams*

No, it wouldn't. The world without M rated games would make the gaming industry 100% boring. I may enjoy games like Mario and Zelda but there's mostly times where I would want to blow someones brains out with a shotgun to relieve the stress. If M games were banned, no more Halo, no more Gears, no more GTA, no more MGS the horror!!!

bane214
Originally posted by Nemesis X
No, it wouldn't. The world without M rated games would make the gaming industry 100% boring. I may enjoy games like Mario and Zelda but there's mostly times where I would want to blow someones brains out with a shotgun to relieve the stress. If M games were banned, no more Halo, no more Gears, no more GTA, no more MGS the horror!!!

no halo games you say?....hmmm wink

occultdestroyer
The Crime rate will skyrocket.

MadMel
riot/angry mob rate maybe erm

Joker1237
So God bless Mortal Kombat for changing the times I suppose.

Nemesis X
An M rated game actually saved a family believe it or not.

I heard that this guy was addicted to the GTA games. Him and his family were driving around when suddenly their car flipped. The guy crawled out and pulled his mom and dad out. Minutes later, the car blew up.

The guy said that he knew the car was gonna blow up. He explained that while playing GTA, his car flipped and blew up.

Scythe
That would suck, brah. I'd hate that, sometimes I tire of happy games.

Also, f*ck Tipper Gore.

Nactous

I'm sure you mean Conservative.

Nactous
Originally posted by Nemesis X
I figured that you or someone else would mention about my complaining so in the future I prefer you don't do it again.

Well, it wouldn't be that bad now would it. stick out tongue

Impediment
Originally posted by General Kaliero

Eternal Darkness is one of the most underrated games ever.

Menetnashté
Originally posted by Nactous
I'm sure you mean Conservative.
I'm sure he means both sides...
However liberal christian is a bit of an oxymoron

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Nactous
Well, it wouldn't be that bad now would it. stick out tongue

I have every right to complain for what Midway did and the more you keep mentioning it, the more it's gonna get ugly so shut it. Don't you have someone else to annoy?

Nactous
Midway was well in theyre place, no reason/way in hell that game should/could have been rated M.

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by Final Blaxican
The problem is more along the fact that most people don't care...

My Mom, for example, took to Gamestop to buy Ninja Gaiden II a couple of months ago and when we got to the resgister the dude their was like "You know this game's rated M for mature due to intense violence, nudity, etc. right?" And she's (being a devout Chritstian and everything) just like "yeah whatever just rig it up I'm in a rush. " Even though we just went home after that. haermm

Lucky bastard, if that happened to me, I'd be figuratively dead for thinking of buying that game >_>.

PS, it's Pain, not Pein...I think.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.