Eden Lake

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

deathbycorn
This new horror from the UK sounds good. Its got the kid from This is England in it. A trailer has been put online today.

http://img361.imageshack.us/img361/2701/edenlakeukposterfullkm7.jpg

Trailer - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IACL6TbEZ2M

MildPossession
The lead actress, on that poster, is very good. So I'm interested in watching this. Been waiting for donkeys. It's showing at the FrightFest this month in England.

Love Turloose(sp?) out of This is England too, he is in a new film out soon called Somers Town for those interested. Not a horror though. From the director of This is England.

deathbycorn
Yeah Shane Meadows is a great director, Dead Mans Shoes is great too.

Somers Town will be good.

deathbycorn
I got a copy of this to watch tonight, can't wait.

deathbycorn
Very well made film but a completely unbelievable plot. And the very last scene is just dumb. I don't know what the meaning of it is supposed to be. Plenty of gore though. Best thing was the boobs like in P2.

discod
Saw it and wouldn't really class it as horror more of a thriller.Unbelieveable aswell but is ok to watch if you have nothing better to do smile

ragesRemorse
I liked this movie. It was a pleasant surprise. It reminded me a lot of, Them. Even though Them worked a lot better i think Eden Lake is a quality little movie.

Kazenji
'Them' as in the movie with the giant ants ?

ragesRemorse
no, it's one of those home invasion type movie's. It's a French movie and i believe it's based on a true story. I know they deny it but im sure "the Strengers" was a direct rip off from, Them. If you don't mind subtitles, check it out.

deathbycorn
Them aka Ils is based on a couple who were murdered by teens in the Czech Republic, and The Strangers is based on the Manson murders.

Eden Lake is just a bunch of bullshit!

ragesRemorse
yeah, i just don't believe that. it could very be the case but the similarities those two movies share are to much for me to believe otherwise.

steverules_2
It's a horror movie about chavs

deathbycorn
Them is based on the story of an Austrian couple who were killed by teens in their vacation home in the Czech Republic.

And Bertino himself said one of his main influences for The Strangers was Helter Skelter. And in an interview with Liv Tyler, she said this - "You saw a lot more of the strangers. It was much more of a Manson-esque experience."

I don't come on here throwing around false info rages, I do my homework!

They are similar but anyone can rock up to someones house and kill them

steverules_2
But they really are chavs no expression I live in England, I see chavs quite a few times since they go to my college and get on my bus

deathbycorn
Chavs, Lads, Hooligans - they are all the same!

MildPossession
Chavs and Hooligans(unless you didn't mean Football Hooligans) are different here in the UK.

Anyway, Them is not based on a couple in Czech getting killed, the director said on the dvd he heard about children living on the streets especially in underground areas and built a film around that and stories he heard.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by deathbycorn
Them is based on the story of an Austrian couple who were killed by teens in their vacation home in the Czech Republic.

And Bertino himself said one of his main influences for The Strangers was Helter Skelter. And in an interview with Liv Tyler, she said this - "You saw a lot more of the strangers. It was much more of a Manson-esque experience."

I don't come on here throwing around false info rages, I do my homework!

They are similar but anyone can rock up to someones house and kill them

aww, dude, i wasn't accusing you of giving false information. I was just sticking by my ignorant theory. Considering the production dates of both movie's there is probably no connection what so ever. There is a good chance that the production teams have never even heard of eithers work. It just seems very coincidental that both movie's share such similar content and are only separated by one year.

I'm not at all familiar with foreign film industries and how they work but i know, in Hollywood, it is common for one studio to get wind of a particular movie and rush to make the same type of movie for the same general release date. The girl next door and An American Crime is the most recent example which comes to mind.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.