Annihilation Wave Vs The Federation

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Scoobless
The Federation (and allies) that took on the Dominion towards the end of DS9 ... so that includes the Klingons, Romulans and Ferengi. They will be at full strength (meaning they aren't suffering the effects of a long term war just being fought)

Can they stop Annihilus' fleet?

There are Star Trek comics and, as far as I know, no cross genre Vs forums, so don't get all close-happy about this.

CaptainStoic
No Anni's wave would eat them all.

MightyEInherjar
Now, I'm not a Star Trek buff, but don't the some Federation ships have the capability to blow up planets?

fangirl101
Originally posted by MightyEInherjar Now, I'm not a Star Trek buff, but don't the some Federation ships have the capability to blow up planets? Those battle cruisers are no joke. Star fleet also has the ability to use those massive space stations that can open up workholes and such.

Scoobless
Originally posted by MightyEInherjar
Now, I'm not a Star Trek buff, but don't the some Federation ships have the capability to blow up planets?

I've never seen one of them blow up a planet, but it has been said that Galaxy class ships had the firepower to destroy one (though at the time I assumed they meant blowing up everything on the surface rather than making the planet explode)

h1a8
On Star Trek the next generation The Federation can make Stars Supernova.

TricksterPriest
I'm giving this to the Feds for one reason. The Federation has proved this in every war they've ever fought. Screw the Borg, the Federation is the king of adapting to and countering exotic threats. They always come up with some crazy scientific or tactical solution given enough time. And the bugs weren't that tough. The big guns are problemactic, but given enough time, the Federation scientists will find a way to win.

tsscls
If it's fleet vs. fleet battle, the fed has few worries.

CaptainStoic
Billions of Ships vs the Federation? The Wave threatened to destroy all of the universe.... I'll give you two reasons why they would devour the Feds, and their little allies.

Aegis & Tenebrous. Oh! and yes they were part of the Annihilation wave.

Scoobless
Originally posted by CaptainStoic
Aegis & Tenebrous. Oh! and yes they were part of the Annihilation wave.

No, they were recruited after the Invasion. Either way, this is only really about the ships/standard ground troops.

Boy Blue
If it wasn't for the word "Klingon" in the first post, I'd have no idea what The Federation was from.

Oh, and the mention of Star Trek comics... shut up.

CaptainStoic
Originally posted by Scoobless
No, they were recruited after the Invasion. Either way, this is only really about the ships/standard ground troops.

Even so, the bugs were in the billions, this wasn't some simple armada that was trying to conquer the universe. The Nova corps were about as powerful as the Federation alone. Even with the help of some very powerful Heralds (each could destroy a planet by themselves) they were unable to do much more than slow the Wave.

Annihilus had Queens that continuously bolstered his ranks, so for every ship the Federation and Allies destroyed 3 more would reappear. However the Feds and allies, would not have such a luxury, and would in time be destroyed. This is not to count out the fact that Annihilus had super powered shock troops of his own, from planets in the negative zone that were conquered.

Scoobless
Bump

the ninjak
The first Annihilation Bug Wave swarms and crushes the Feds.

The second Phallanx Wave does it with ease. The Phallanx are the Borg on steroids.

MF DELPH
I'd actually give it to the Federation. While the A Wave is very destructive, the Federation and their allies have far superior technological ingenuity. They also have Borg tech via the experiences of the Voyager Crew/7 of 9 and Icheb, as well as the bio weaponry nano tech used against Species 8472.

MF DELPH
Oh, and just in case someone calls shenanigans, the story of Voyager runs concurrently with the events of DS9 though the show aired afterwards. The Dominion War was occurring as Voyager made it back to the Alpha Quadrant, and the massacre of the Maquis by the Dominion and Cardassians during the war was a plot point in the later seasons.

WhiteWitchKing
The Annihilation Wave has a reality waper, The Seekers, a bunch of other metas, Ravenous, parasite control bugs, and Annihilus. The Wave takes them.

Scoobless
Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing
The Annihilation Wave has a reality waper, The Seekers, a bunch of other metas, Ravenous, parasite control bugs, and Annihilus. The Wave takes them.

Federation Engineers >>> reality warpers

cool

Mr.Mxyzptlk
Federation Engineers >>> reality warpers

cool

So why is everyone basically at the whims of Q most the time he shows up? stick out tongue

Scoobless
Originally posted by Mr.Mxyzptlk
So why is everyone basically at the whims of Q most the time he shows up? stick out tongue

Q is basically God in that Universe, The Q have never shown any vulnerability except to other Q.

Mr.Mxyzptlk
Q is basically God in that Universe, The Q have never shown any vulnerability except to other Q.

And Q weaponry, which detonates stars.

The point is, that even Trelane was almost too much for a Federation crew to handle and he was only an infant.

Reality Warpers in Star Trek tend to walk all over the Federation.

Power Cosmic II

Q was quite frightened of whoopi goldberg.

-Pr-
Like you wouldn't be.

Scoobless
That's because his omnipotence allows him knowledge of what Whoopi looks like naked.

scared

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.