Bragging rights at the house of DC

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

fangirl101
So These characters are all held by Monarch in one of his cells and says, I" want to see which of you are the strongest and most powerful." So he gives them each 5 minutes to think about how to last the longest in an all out fight. But they can't talk to each other. He then sets them up to fight. List them in order from the last man or woman standing to the first to fall. They all get to prepare a full 10 seconds before the bell rings.

Superman
Black Adam
Orion(all gear)
Martian Manhunter
Hal Jordan
Firestorm
Flash
Wonder Woman
Light Ray
Sinestro
Dr. Polaris
Zoom

Juk3n
Flash

he shouldn't be allowed in threads really, it's always pointless to include him.

Still Flash - he vibrates between every attack thrown around thus outlasts them all.

fangirl101
Originally posted by Juk3n
Flash

he shouldn't be allowed in threads really, it's always pointless to include him.

Still Flash - he vibrates between every attack thrown around thus outlasts them all.

Or gets pwned by Zoom, or MM tp attacks him. Or Someone smashes the ground. etc.

occultdestroyer
Just how strong is the current Monarch (Captain Atom)?

Anyway, IMO first to fall is Dr. Polaris or current Superman, last man standing will be Black Adam or Light Ray (depends if his insane or not)

Philosophía
Zoom
Flash
Everybody else

Bouboumaster
Between Sups, Orion, Black Adam and Martian Manhunter. I can't decide myself.

Enyalus
1. Zoom
2. Orion
3. Flash
4. Sinestro
5. MM
6. WW
7. Firestorm
8. Black Adam
9. Hal Jordan
10. Supes
11. Light Ray
12. Dr. Polaris

Meh, don't really ask me to justify the why in this order. Zoom is just faster than everyone else, plus his vibrational defenses & attacks.

Orion with all of his tech is a beast and probably the most powerful on the list - except for his hotheadedness, which costs him clarity and the match.

Flash is third 'cause of the reasons for Zoom, except that Flash is less ruthless.

Sinestro and Hal are about the same skillwise, but Sinestro is also more ruthless and intelligent. Even though it's only 10 seconds of preptime, Sinestro would put it to use.

Martian Manhunter 'cause of his psychic onslaught, near-Supes like physical abilities, and intangibility.

Wonder Woman, I assume, has her lasso, bracers, and tiara, right? And we already saw how ferocious she was in Countdown Arena when fighting for Monarch's pleasure. Plus, she's hot.

I don't really know why I put Firestorm at seven. I don't see his matter manipulation doing enough to get him too far. Although it probably puts down Black Adam after his battle with Supes.

Black Adam is above Supes because of Supes magical weaknesses, and the fact that they're about equal in physical ability.

Hal Jordan is below BA because he lacks a badassness factor. I don't really have a better reason.

Supes is lame. He wouldn't fight for Monarch's entertainment. He gets beat senseless.

Light Ray isn't anything special unless he's insane. Since I assume he isn't, well, there ya go.

And Dr. Polaris is last because I don't like him...and occultdestroyer said he'd finish last, so I take their advice. stick out tongue

KK the Great
How is Flash's vibrating getting such wild support when there's a character in the list with genuine intangibility and a method of attack that vibrating is helpless to stop?

Juk3n
Originally posted by fangirl101
Or gets pwned by Zoom, or MM tp attacks him. Or Someone smashes the ground. etc.

umm, and they catch him how? they are all statues to him, whether they are ready at the bell or not. They will never even see him with all else that is going on.

Juk3n
Originally posted by KK the Great
How is Flash's vibrating getting such wild support when there's a character in the list with genuine intangibility and a method of attack that vibrating is helpless to stop?

method of attack that involves movement..movement thats faster than Flash...not physical? Energy attacks? energy has waves and pulses, they can be vibrated through by Flash.

mm hmm , i see your point.

rougeredmage
you said no talk but you didnt exclude TP

martian manhunter telepathically co-ordinates the justice leage members and maybe some of the more reasonable supervillains in the group to attack their captor and then they can finish off any hangers on.

Galan007

Priest
Hal Jordan FTW.

KK the Great
method of attack that involves movement..movement thats faster than Flash...not physical? Energy attacks? energy has waves and pulses, they can be vibrated through by Flash.

mm hmm , i see your point.
Since when does telepathy involve movement?

He just broadcasts a telepathic assault and anyone within range and without defense is fried.

Something like this:

http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/6149/mindblast2yl5.th.jpg

Or this:

http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/2593/mindblast1iu7.th.jpg

Or this:

http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/2517/mindblast3nj4.th.jpg

The guy took out Triumph, Maxima, Captain Atom, The Ray, Glenn Gammeron, Booster Gold, Blue Beetle, Gypsy, and Bronze Tiger while sipping tea.

Flash can vibrate all he wants, for all the good it'll do him.

Juk3n
Since when does telepathy involve movement?

He just broadcasts a telepathic assault and anyone within range and without defense is fried.

and that works faster than KMC Flash and Zoom can move and imp/punch him?

you're right, you've convinced me. thumb up

KK the Great
and that works faster than KMC Flash and Zoom can move and imp/punch him?

you're right, you've convinced me. thumb up

Damn! It's too bad J'onn can't fly and turn intangible and turn invisible and there's nobody else around to present more visible targets.

If only.

tsscls
Superman
Flash
Black Adam
Orion(all gear)
Martian Manhunter
Hal Jordan
Light Ray
Wonder Woman
Sinestro
Firestorm
Zoom
Dr. Polaris

Juk3n
Damn! It's too bad J'onn can't fly and turn intangible and turn invisible and there's nobody else around to present more visible targets.

If only.

i know dang it!!

If only Flash was the fastest being in the stratosphere able to K mm TFO before his neurons could even fire up..

then Flash might stand a chance...

Lol @ people who think Flash could actually HIT SOMEONE IN THE SAME ROOM before the person being hit could fire a thought.

LoL i say!!

KK the Great
The Flash is in a battle against Superman, Black Adam, Orion, Martian Manhunter, Hal Jordan, Firestorm, Flash, Wonder Woman, Lightray, Sinestro, Dr. Polaris, and Zoom, and they all have 10 seconds of prep.

With ten seconds of prep, J'onn is going to begin this fight invisible and intangible.

Flash will see pressing threats like Orion, Black Adam, and Sinestro in the fray. Not to mention Superman, Hal, and the rest. And hell, hello? He's going to see his deadliest arch-nemesis. Think maybe Zoom and Flash would be each other's first concerns? In a battle like this, the invisible and intangible J'onn may as well not even be there for all the attention he's going to receive.

Anyway, what happened to your original strategy wherein Flash would simply vibrate in place and outlast everyone? I present an obvious flaw in your reasoning and all of the sudden it switches to, "oh, well, he will IMP J'onn immediately."

The remaining flaw being, of course, that J'onn is invisible and intangible and Flash will have much more pressing concerns than the guy who is barely there. All it takes is Flash first turning his attention on any of the eleven other opponents and J'onn will have all the time he needs to mindblast.

Val-E-Doosh
Flash being overrated here...again.

TricksterPriest
That's a very good point. The 10 seconds of prep is enough to raise shields and defenses and ward off any kind of sneak attack at the bell.

The mindblast is a good solution. Just that it's not going to stop everyone. Just wittle the field down abit.

Superman= I don't even have to tell you why he's going to still be standing.
Black Adam= Not sure. I consider the rage thing during WW3 BS.
Orion(all gear)= Non-issue. New Gods are immune to TP from other beings.
Martian Manhunter= N/A
Hal Jordan=Has several feats of beating TPs with sheer will.
Firestorm=Has successfully counterattacked telepaths like Hector Hammond.
Flash=Iffy
Wonder Woman=Immune.
Light Ray= New God.
Sinestro=Might get him, not sure of his record vs. TP.
Dr. Polaris=He's screwed
Zoom=Not sufe if he's immune or not.

KK the Great
How many instances of J'onn using his telepathy against New Gods would I need to supply before you might consider that their immunity isn't quite so absolute as you'd like to believe?

I just want to know before I start posting them.

tsscls
Yeah, I might move J'onn up on my list. Flash still stays. The speedforce is a BFR.

Avlon
Supes for the win. When he goes apesh*t, he's the guy they all fear.

TricksterPriest
They're immune to Martian TP at least. This was established in J'onn's own solo series featuring his brother Malefic.

Blair Wind
Hal Jordan ftw.

KK the Great
Originally posted by Avlon
Supes for the win. When he goes apesh*t, he's the guy they all fear.

When the hell have any of them "feared" Superman?

KK the Great
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
They're immune to Martian TP at least. This was established in J'onn's own solo series featuring his brother Malefic.

A myth that won't die.

The Martians said that Parademons felt like emptiness, owing more to their mindless drone nature than to any New Gods traits. Like a page later they pooled their telepathic efforts and drove the whole Apokoliptian army away.

J'onn pretty recently read Grayven's mind and then telepathically patched it together.

And he once read Highfather's thoughts, prompting Highfather to comment that J'onn's telepathy must be very powerful.

WrathfulDwarf
So These characters are all held by Monarch in one of his cells and says, I" want to see which of you are the strongest and most powerful." So he gives them each 5 minutes to think about how to last the longest in an all out fight. But they can't talk to each other. He then sets them up to fight. List them in order from the last man or woman standing to the first to fall. They all get to prepare a full 10 seconds before the bell rings.

Superman
Black Adam
Orion(all gear)
Martian Manhunter
Hal Jordan
Firestorm
Flash
Wonder Woman
Light Ray
Sinestro
Dr. Polaris
Zoom

Way too difficult to call it.

Might as well call it DC: Royal Rumble.

Well, the most obvious thing to do here is to take out the heavy fighters.

Superman and Orion are the powerhouses. If the others don't team up to take out these two....they messed up.

Dark-Jaxx
When the hell have any of them "feared" Superman? They haven't yet. But they WILL.

psycho gundam

Superman
Black Adam
Orion(all gear)
Martian Manhunter
Hal Jordan
Firestorm
Flash
Wonder Woman
Light Ray
Sinestro
Dr. Polaris
Zoom this is actually a pretty good thread.

the five minute thing is probably the clincher since zoom can utilize that time to hammer the others before they can come up with a stratagem, that would also spark the others to fight back against a super-fast speedster and the stray ray blasts would make even the most pacifistic heroes get steaming mad.

if orion and tath get pissed, there is going to be some collateral damage to say the least. friend or foe.

panthergod
It's between Superman, Orion and Zoom.

fangirl101
Originally posted by panthergod
It's between Superman, Orion and Zoom.
Superman gets pwned by firestorm.
Orion gets pwned by Lightray who can move at least 8 times the speed of light with little to no momentum build up time, and zoom gets a mind wammy by martian manhunter.

Galan007
Superman gets pwned by firestorm.thumb up

Orion gets pwned by Lightray who can move at least 8 times the speed of light with little to no momentum build up time, firestorm has already shown that he is well capable of handling even a pissed off orion. lightray wouldn't be needed there. stick out tongue

and zoom gets a mind wammy by martian manhunter. j'onn can utilize his TP faster than zoom can move? scans?

fangirl101
Originally posted by Galan007
thumb up

firestorm has already shown that he is well capable of handling even a pissed off orion. lightray wouldn't be needed there. stick out tongue

j'onn can utilize his TP faster than zoom can move? scans?
John While Invisible and intangible sends out an omnidirection mind whammy. Only the strong will survive. I'm betting zoom will be knocked on his ass.

Galan007
John While Invisible and intangible sends out an omnidirection mind whammy. Only the strong will survive. I'm betting zoom will be knocked on his ass. and j'onn can do that before zoom hit him?

Symmetric Chaos
and j'onn can do that before zoom hit him?

10 seconds of prep would give J'onn a massive advantage. He could easily be flying invisible, intangible and scanning thoughts when the match begins. Speedsters have been taken out by TP in the past, one on one Flash or Zoom could take a telepath out before anything happens but there are so many other people that there's very very little chance of that.

fangirl101
Of course with 10 seconds prep. Now Jon really has to worry about Firestorm( Fire), Hal Jordan( who's ring would be able to counter all of jon's defensive powers if john doesn't fight smart), and Flash who, unlike zoom, has the speed force going for him. Now if Jon were smart, he'd shape change into one of the other combatants so no one would know to use his weakness against him until it's too late.

KK the Great

Didn't I just go over this?

Ten seconds prep allows J'onn to start this battle invisible and intangible.

There are eleven other opponents for Zoom to occupy himself with, all of whom will be more visible and pressing than J'onn. One of them, notably, happens to be a hero Zoom is obsessed with. With the Flash present, plus ten other opponents, what is the chance Zoom will go after (and locate, then successfully dispatch) the invisible and intangible J'onn before J'onn can pull the mental whammy?

fangirl101
I'd place Lightray, Black Adam, Martian Manhunter and Firestorm as the ones to worry about.

Black Adam is superman class but ruthless and doesn't mind maiming and killing.

Lightray is faster than every flyer and has quantifiable battle speeds clocked at 8 times light. With his energy powers, solid light constructs, and high grade of strength and durability, He'd be on to watch.

MM has TP. And can literally be anyone on the field or no where on the field. Who's gonna top that but firestorm?

Firestorm. with Prep, he can pretty much pull anyone's hoe card here.

Galan007
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
10 seconds of prep would give J'onn a massive advantage. He could easily be flying invisible, intangible and scanning thoughts when the match begins. Speedsters have been taken out by TP in the past, one on one Flash or Zoom could take a telepath out before anything happens but there are so many other people that there's very very little chance of that. ahh, didn't even notice the 10 seconds of prep they each have. meh, firestorm ftw, then.

Val-E-Doosh
Hal Jordan being underrated...again.

Philosophía
Didn't notice the 10 sec prep either.

I'd give it to Hal to be honest.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.