Nightmare on Elm Street 2010

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

garblejar
Dave Davis - from JoBlo
"So we know that Michael Bay's Platinum Dunes production company has plans to remake Wes Craven's horror classic A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET. The entire movie would get the facelift that an appropriate budget would provide, including a new dream-dwelling mass murderer. But who could possibly replace Robert Englund as the iconic rake-handed Freddy Krueger?

How about Oscar-winning actor Billy Bob Thornton? It's just a rumor at this point -- but it was initiated by the original Freddy himself. Robert Englund was on the late night radio show Loveline last week to promote JACK BROOKS, MONSTER SLAYER (and discuss sex, I guess), and was inevitably asked about the NIGHTMARE reboot. And Englund stated that the last gossip he heard was that Thornton could be slipping on the sweater and burn makeup for the role.

Englund also claims he's not opposed to being replaced (as he says, he already made the movie), or the remake itself, since he feels it's the sort of movie that deserves a bigger budget for the dreamscape special effects (they ran out of money while making the first movie).

Thornton seems like the kind of dude who's receptive to any sort of material, and he does have an existing Bay connection from ARMAGEDDON. Food for thought (or nightmares)!

Thanks to 'Blake' for the tip!"

So this could be interesting. I hate Michael Bay for his lack of talent, but I think a BIG budget Freddy remake might be kinda neat, even if it is terrible. In another discussion on the "Billy Bob Kruger" thing someone mentioned Crispin Glover as a personal choice for a Robert Englund replacement. I have to say, I think Glover would be incredibly creepy as Freddy!

anyways. discuss.

=Tired Hiker=
Not sure about this . ..

MildPossession
I doubt it, it does say that Englund is prone to make up things that he would like to happen...

Rogue Jedi
zcAIKPl_1Lc

BruceSkywalker
Great rumor. However I doubt it is even true. Robert Englund should return as Freddy for reboot.

Mairuzu
dear god no

cropsy_is_god
**** remakes and **** everyone who's involved with them.

MildPossession
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, but yes anything Bay is involved with when it comes to remakes should be banned.

Bat Dude
More remakes? No thank you...

ragesRemorse
It's not like nightmare on elm street is a sacred or perfect piece of cinema. Out of all of the Elmstreet movie's the original is the one which has weathered the storm of time best. Although, it still holds up today i think the story could definitely benefit from a remake or reboot. It would be nice to see an Elmstreet movie with decent acting. Bay wouldn't be on my list of possible directors, but i certainly wouldn't mind seeing him on the project as a producer.

Kazenji
Apparantly Robert England thinks billy bob could pull it off

and as for the people who are all opposed to remakes not every single one of them have been bad there has been some good ones.

MildPossession
Definitely, The Hills Have Eyes was fantastic, better than the original. stick out tongue

Bay produced remakes are never good, that's why I don't have high hopes for an Elm Street remake...

garblejar
Im not against redoing Elm Street, as long as

A) its way creepy and sadistically brutal and gorey. chill on the humour, as much as i love it, and focuss on scaring me. (I was a huge fan of Wes Craven's New Nightmare).

B) Michael Bay has NOTHING to do with it. god what a douche.

Bat Dude
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
It's not like nightmare on elm street is a sacred or perfect piece of cinema. Out of all of the Elmstreet movie's the original is the one which has weathered the storm of time best. Although, it still holds up today i think the story could definitely benefit from a remake or reboot. It would be nice to see an Elmstreet movie with decent acting. Bay wouldn't be on my list of possible directors, but i certainly wouldn't mind seeing him on the project as a producer.

But must we remake EVERY slasher/horror film? I mean, here's just a small list of all the horror films that have been/will be remade already:

Halloween
Carrie
Hills Have Eyes
Texas Chainsaw Massacre
Friday the 13th (it's coming)
Children of the Corn (it's coming)
Nightmare on Elms Street (it's coming)
Child's Play (it's coming)

Is that the new trend? Remake old slasher and horror films just to cater to the modern teenage audience? What happened to creativity?

MildPossession
Still get original horror films out, just remakes are in a realm of their own at the moment. Remakes have been going since more or less film started, but it's at an insane peak now.

Evil Dead
A Nightmare on Elm St. is my favorite horror film of all time............and I'm all for the remake. It's not like the original is going to disappear from my dvd collection. The movie does have piss poor acting and could use a re-imagining.

I'm all for Billy Bob as Fred. he's one of the few actors I think could pull it off. Most of the Krueger acting in the film is done with his body.......and Billy Bob has the same build to emulate Englund. He also knows how to use his frame to build a character, Slingblade is a perfect example.

garblejar
Originally posted by Bat Dude
But must we remake EVERY slasher/horror film? I mean, here's just a small list of all the horror films that have been/will be remade already:

Halloween
Carrie
Hills Have Eyes
Texas Chainsaw Massacre
Friday the 13th (it's coming)
Children of the Corn (it's coming)
Nightmare on Elms Street (it's coming)
Child's Play (it's coming)

Is that the new trend? Remake old slasher and horror films just to cater to the modern teenage audience? What happened to creativity?

are they REMAKING childs play? or just doing another in the series. it hasnt been very long since the last one.

vintageSW77
its just about the ****ing money taken from the **** who go to see these remakes
my workmates didnt even know there was an original Dawn Of The Dead(in my opinion the only decent remake of the lot) OR Wickerman even after seeing the remakes
these shitty remakes come and go without any lasting impression whilst the originals remain as iconic as ever
the re jigs of Wickerman,the Omen,Halloween,prom Night etc thus far have been totally ****ing pointless,forgettable wastes of 90 mins the lot of em
i think its bad enough doing remakes of classic horror pics but when your messing about with a character with an actor who is pretty much synominous(?) with the part youre onto a bad start
sure weve had dif Jasons and Leatherfaces but nobody but Englund is Freddy

Neo Darkhalen
Originally posted by vintageSW77
its just about the ****ing money taken from the **** who go to see these remakes.

QFT.

on the subject of remakes while there not as good as the original, i do believe that Dawn of the Dead was a good remake.

Kazenji
Originally posted by vintageSW77
but when your messing about with a character with an actor who is pretty much synominous(?) with the part youre onto a bad start
sure weve had dif Jasons and Leatherfaces but nobody but Englund is Freddy

As much as your totally against it Englund has giving his seal of approval

not like this is the first time it has happen, Bela lugosi as dracula anyone ???

and look who came along and did his own thing with dracula... christopher Lee.

vintageSW77
yip i get you
personally as a kid i always saw Dracula as an individual character away from any actors portrayal
but Kruger is fairly unique apart from a couple of other characters out there who i couldnt imagine seeing another actor play
its like someone else playing Indy or Luke Skywalker
i wasnt around when Lugosi played Dracula or when Lee took over as the new Drac but i was around when Krugermania hit and the guy made Kruger the icon he is today

maybe heres the difference...most of the people going to see this movie wont give a toss who plays FK as long as its full of the old guttywutts
the modern movie goer doesnt give a shit as long as they get the bangs and the obligitory hip hop track accompanying the way to the exit sign en route for the post movie meal
good luck to whoever gets the part but ill bet the movie is another stinker soon to be gathering dust at Blockbuster next to The Hitcher and Omen remakes
i met Englund this year and he told me when i asked about someone taking over the role ...
he said this - "there is only one Freddy Kruger..............and ITS ME!!!"

MildPossession
What was the remakes take money from the **** about?!

kodak
i don't mind if money grubbing assholes with no ideas to speak of want to remake classic movies that rocked really hard.

as long as it doesnt go to some idiot like micheal bay.

TKM
In my opinion I think many directors and so forth are leaning into remaking old horror films because they're not getting the same response to many of the horror films out today and believe bringing back all time favorites will give them what they've been waiting for want.

I just thought of something. Nightmare on Elm Street, being from the 80s, did have some good effects and that's probably where they began to build even better special effects from.

But I don't know, I guess I'm a little curious to see what they can pull off.

Kazenji

vintageSW77
Originally posted by MildPossession
What was the remakes take money from the **** about?!

through experiance it seems there are a whole lot of people out there who go to see a flick for a night out..something to do
they will go to see anything regardless of bad word of mouth,spot on negative reviews etc and put it at the top spot
hence the fact weve had some ropey films at number 1 this year
these are the people on the whole who would find the originals of the remakes a hard slog and dont give a hoot about originality or storytelling
its all about the explosions and the gore for them
you see them in the cinema chatting or getting restless when the action subsides and the "talky" bit starts
i work with these people and these are on the whole the types who go to see The Hitcher,Wickerman and put money in the pockets of the tossers who make the remakes
they are the "t1ts" im refering to
sure some of the younger horror fans amongst us enjoy them
well shame on you ya little t1ts!

Evil Dead
I don't care how many teenagers go see a remake not knowing that it's a remake. The more the better. I can make them look like the assholes they are if one of these shits ever decided to engage me in conversation.

Hollywood remakes old horror movies because horror is hot. It's an automatic payday. I'd rather see a halfway entertaining re-make than a shitfest like Pulse or White Noise. Like I said before, so it's not as good as the original........okay, I had fun watching it once but I've still got the OG in my dvd collection to watch at my leisure.

Since the original film is still there, I see no harm.......only good can come of it. Perhaps they might make a good movie, one to rival or better the original. I'll state flat out that I enjoy the NoTLD remake more than the original. I know it's classic but hey........if I'm going to watch NoTLD, I pop in Savini's remake.

MildPossession
Ahh okay Vintage, just thought you were lumping everyone who sees remakes as shits. Because that would include me, and people like you who actually bought The Omen on dvd or whatever rubbish remakes you bought lol... stick out tongue

Sadako of Girth
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, but yes anything Bay is involved with when it comes to remakes should be banned.

MildPossession for Prime Minister...!!!!

MildPossession
Indeed, second woman prime minister, so more special!! Oh and I love your sig pic, but the dog one is scary...

Endrict Nuul
Bay is all about action and not character driven plots.

MildPossession
Really? stick out tongue

vintageSW77

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by Endrict Nuul
Bay is all about action and not character driven plots.

Or any kind of plots.

Dr. Leg Kick
i'm not a fan of remakes, but i would love to see a Leprechuan remake. Someone that actually knows how to direct a movie, and with some good acting. And a better plot of course lol

the Leprechaun monster could have been a big success

MildPossession
Looks like Michael Bay doesn't have his hands on the remake, thankfully.

Having a good laugh about all of the rumors surrounding Warner Bros.' relaunch of A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET, Wes Craven told a crowd at Rue Morgue's Festival of Fear last weekend another pivotal figure in Freddy Krueger's long legacy. "I know very little about it," Craven said. "My agent and I had lunch with Bob Shaye about five days ago. But as might you know New Line Cinema has been shut down by Warner Bros. who owns it and all of their properties have been subsumed by Warner Bros. Bob didn't know any more about it than I did. I certainly have no control over that property." He also made it sound like Platinum Dunes is drifting further away from the project. "For a while there it seemed Michael Bay's company was going to do it, but I believe that's no longer the case.

celestialdemon
Thank you. I don't think this remake will be any good in the first place, but if Michael Bay was attached to it, then I KNOW it would suck balls. At least now it has a slim chance of being good.

tylerTOXICITY
omg.

TazzMission2023
not this shit again. halloween remake sucked and now this.

celestialdemon
Yep. Rob Zombie screwed that movie up good.

TazzMission2023
Originally posted by celestialdemon
Yep. Rob Zombie screwed that movie up good.

i say we get a potition going to have hollywood stop remaking movies and ruining them

MildPossession
The Halloween remake was just terrible, one of the worst horror movies to come out. Only decent thing was McDowell in the role of Loomis.

FistOfThe North
Forget that, recast Robert E. No one can ever successfully replace Freddy Kruger, in my eyes. Robert has this exclusive/unique way of moving and crouching and crawling and convulsing as Freddy that cannot be copied naturally. I do not see Billy Bob pulling it off or anyone else for that matter, and if C. Glover were to be cast he should play a young Freddy before he got burned, but that's it cause Rob's probably too old now to look young. (Unless they use really good touch-up make-up or cgi on his face.)

But yea Freddy's disposition was what always got me. They way he would stand crookedly, whether it was behind a steaming pipe or morphing out of a wall, or how he would run after you while crouched, or how he would smille/giggle/cackle, while approaching you by walking towards you with his claws pointed towards you with his whole body twitching due to his giggle reaction, preparing to chase you.

Can you picture Billy Bob chasing you like that? I'd roundhouse kick him, haha.

Wolfie
I'm through dreading remakes to be honest. They just create dumb teenagers who think they know horror.

The first ANOES is fine as is and still holds its ground. It wasn't perfect but I doubt a remake will do it justice.

That said, I doubt Thornton will do this. He's a big name actor. No one will cast him to wear a mask the entire movie.

When FvJ came out, I thought Zack Ward (the dead brother in the bathtub) would be a fine choice for a remake.

And to Mr. Englund, all I care about now is where the 2001 Maniacs sequel is.

MildPossession
His name(bath tub guy) was going around some time ago for a new Kruger, same for Ben Foster, think that is his name.

MildPossession
More on the remake

Platinum Dunes is going to continue its working relationship with Warner Bros. and New Line for A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET. Since Comic-Con in July, it was unknown whether producers Michael Bay, Brad Fuller and Andrew Form were going to be involved in the reboot of the Freddy Krueger franchise. But today, Fuller and Form confirmed that their deal is done. "It's our next movie," confirmed Form, "hopefully shooting this spring."

Over the summer, Wesley Strick (CAPE FEAR) was attached to pen the script which is intended to re-imagine the dream-hopping teen killer. "It's like what we're doing to FRIDAY THE 13TH," says Fuller. "It's not Freddy cracking jokes. We want to make a horrifying movie. The concept is so scary, don't fall asleep or you'll die. This guy gets you when you're most vulnerable, in your sleep. We love that. That's the basis of the movie. It'll be most similar to the first one but in terms of kills and dreams we'll borrow from the entire series."

Fuller adds that Warner Bros.' positive response to FRIDAY THE 13TH was very helpful in getting Nightmare off the ground. Test screenings for Jason Voorhees' latest outing have been great. Addressing the great, incessant question: Will Robert Englund be back? Fuller and Form say they're seeking someone new to don the hat and red 'n green sweater, but they're hopeful Englund will be back for a part in the film.

Blinky
I smell shit.

DeVuL
Well, along with our friend Jason of Friday the 13th... Nightmare on Elm Street is being remade... I was reading some information on it earlier and apparently they're green-lighting Billy Bob Thorton to play the infamous "burnt face freak" with super sharp knives....

http://www.moviesonline.ca/movienews_15384.html

http://www.hollywood.com/news/ Billy_Bob_Thornton_to_Star_in_Nightmare_On_Elm_Str
eet_Remake/5292930

Just do a search, you'll find a whole bunch of other sites regarding the remake....

I'm stoked, then again, I always am... I love remakes (when they're GOOD.... ahem.. The Fog blew big time) and I love horror movies, I'll watch them regardless...

big grin

steverules_2
BBT as freddy doesn't seem like the best choice, I was hoping that Englund would return sad

MildPossession
I thought BBT just turned out to be a rumour when that news came out months ago? They should go for an unknown or hardly known actor.

DeVuL
I thought BBT just turned out to be a rumour when that news came out months ago? They should go for an unknown or hardly known actor.

I disagree.. cuz they do that with every remake they do now.. I think BBT would be a relatively good choice... looking at his profile, he fits it.. physically speaking...

Originally posted by steverules_2
BBT as freddy doesn't seem like the best choice, I was hoping that Englund would return sad

and it wouldn't make sense for Robert Englund to return as freddy cuz then people would just think it was another sequel rather than a remake of the original... *shrugs* Who's really to say? If Robert Englund says BBT is a good choice... coming from the man himself, I'll take his word for it... big grin

steverules_2
Has he said BBT is a good choice?

DeVuL
Originally posted by steverules_2
Has he said BBT is a good choice?

Yah on one of the links I put up, is an interview w/ Englund sayin he likes BBT as Freddy.... (paraphrasing)

steverules_2
Hmmm interesting, I guess that kinda gives me hope that BBT is a good choice...but I still have my doubts, well hopefully a trailer will be on it's way and then I can decide whether to watch it or give it a miss

MildPossession
I'd still rather have a relatively unknown in the role.

jinXed by JaNx
Yeah, i'd rather see an unknown as well but i would pleased with big Billy. Not only would the studio's get their big name draw. The fans get an actor who isn't scared of taking chances with his acting.

Kazenji
Nightmare On Elm Street has its director now

MildPossession
For the majority of the time, music video directors turn out shit films. He has worked on an awful lot of videos for darker bands so he could incorporate that into a horror film.

Kazenji
I'm gonna wait until theres some sort of footage or pictures from the set.

Kazenji
Seems like Billy Bob Thornton is out for the role if Freddy Kreueger, Jackie Earle Haley is being considered

http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=9597

MildPossession
Glad to hear he is out. That new 'rumour' has a good face for Kruger and not very mainstream, that is good.

BackFire
Haley would be interesting as Krueger. He can be creepy when he wants.

SnakeEyes
I expect copious explosions, maybe robots too. But definitely explosions.

Kazenji
I think you may have gotten that mixed up with Transformers.

Selphie
Like, I wouldn't even mind if ANOES was remade, but I know it will fail with all the following remakes made, and who will be directing it. It's all aimed for idiot teenagers, who think jump-scares make a movie worthwhile, and don't know shit about horror.

There's going to probably be more sex than violence, and tons of drug jokes.......

God, why can't we have a breath of fresh air?!

I hope all this shit is just a phase, and we can finally move on, and see some decent shit.

Nemesis X
I can't believe Michael Bay is remaking this horror trash. Friday the 13th is a way better horror franchise than Nightmare on Elm street. Jason's a major badass and Freddy is a christmas sweater wearing *** who slaughters little kids like he's some Michael Jackson gone rogue.

But seriously, remaking Nightmare on Elm Street is an utter waste of time and money. Take Freddy's glove and stick it far up your backside Michael Bay.

Kazenji
Bullshit, Nightmare on elm street is heaps better then Friday the 13th and Freddy Krueger actually has a personalty and a Evil one at that unlike Jason.

Darth Macabre
I'm excited for it...it could be great.

BruceSkywalker
i'm waiting until cast announcements are made..

this could be made on the cheap

Mutough
Michael Bay + Nightmare on Elm Street - Robert Englund = Please no.

Selphie
Originally posted by Nemesis X
I can't believe Michael Bay is remaking this horror trash. Friday the 13th is a way better horror franchise than Nightmare on Elm street. Jason's a major badass and Freddy is a christmas sweater wearing *** who slaughters little kids like he's some Michael Jackson gone rogue.

But seriously, remaking Nightmare on Elm Street is an utter waste of time and money. Take Freddy's glove and stick it far up your backside Michael Bay.

Have you even seen the original Nightmare On Elmstreet?

With your silly little comment about Jason, I'm sure you've only seen that piece of crap called Freddy vs. Jason.

Ridiculous.

MildPossession
Aww I liked Freddy Vs Jason, ignoring the pinball scene...

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Selphie

With your silly little comment about Jason, I'm sure you've only seen that piece of crap called Freddy vs. Jason.

Ridiculous.

the original Nightmare on Elm Street is the best...

Freddy v. Jason wasn't a bad film, it could 've been better

Nemesis X
Aww I liked Freddy Vs Jason, ignoring the pinball scene...

I actually found that scene to be quite hilarious.

Tommy Jarvis
I'd still rather have a relatively unknown in the role.

Agreed, and I think BBT is awesome but I can't picture him as Freddy. If he did get the role I'd give him a chance but as of now I just can't picture it.

MildPossession
Oh I like BBT too, just not for Kruger. It's not official anyway because they have put out casting calls for all the leads, including Kruger.

Tommy Jarvis
It was hilarious but un-needed. And anyone who thinks Freddy is a sweater wearing *** as stated by a character from FVJ needs to be kicked in the nuts. Freddy is one of the best villains of all time, and despite the camp factor, his movies are awesome. Jason is great too, but don't try to put one down to make the other look better.

Kazenji
What Camp Factor he never had any until Nighmares 4,5,6.

Tommy Jarvis
That wasn't the point I was trying to make.

Kazenji
But you mentioned it.

Tommy Jarvis
Whatever, dude.

Who do you guys have in mind for Freddy?

Kazenji
Originally posted by Tommy Jarvis
Whatever, dude.

Its not Whatever, You did say it

Kris Blaze

Talk about humiliating yourself.....

Tommy Jarvis
Agreed wholeheartedly.

MildPossession
Look through this topic, think we have mentioned people.

Csdabest
I wouldnt mind a remake. The Jason Remake was suprisingly good. Slightly different but good none the less. I wish they will just be orginal. I wish i could get some of my stories published

Impediment
Originally posted by Selphie

Ridiculous.

Ah, come on. F v J was pure fun. I loved it, personally.

MildPossession
New Line Cinema announced today that they will release their reboot of A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET in theaters on April 16, 2010. Shooting for the remake begins next month in Chicago with Samuel Bayer behind the camera.

Tommy Jarvis
Awesome. Btw, a lot of people over at SHH! seem to want Ben Foster in the role, but I've only seen him in X3 which, as we all know, was a limited role, so I don't know how well he'd do.

steverules_2
New Line Cinema announced today that they will release their reboot of A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET in theaters on April 16, 2010. Shooting for the remake begins next month in Chicago with Samuel Bayer behind the camera.

Damn I'll be 20 no expression

MildPossession
He is a good actor and has the right face, I wouldn't mind him.

rebaccawood911
They are very good movies nice i lke to watch that kind of horror movies,,,, rolling on floor laughing

Tommy Jarvis
He is a good actor and has the right face, I wouldn't mind him.

I wouldn't either, especially if he could pull of a deep scary voice. I'm hoping for a voice similar to Freddy's from the first film once he got in the real world when it was pretty deep, that's more scary.

LordPrydon
The days of Freddy as a comical timing killer are probably over so they will make him more menacing like in the original film IMHO.

Kazenji
So Jackie Earle Haley is the New Freddy Krueger should be good................ if him playing Rorscharch was anything to go by.

MildPossession
Yep, relatively unknown before Watchmen?, he wasn't unmasked for long and I assume more will remember the mask instead of his face. Interesting choice.

LordPrydon
So this is official news then, confirmed? This guy is playing the new Freddy??

Kazenji
Yes it has been confirmed....

Csdabest
I would have preferred Samuel L Jackson as Freddy.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Csdabest
I would have preferred Samuel L Jackson as Freddy.

He probably wouldn't do a good job as Freddy.

Kazenji
And i want Eddie Murphey as the next Jason.....

MildPossession
Was that Jackson comment serious...

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Kazenji

You cannot be serious.

Kazenji
Obvisouly i was trying to be funny the other guy.....

Spartan005
Jackie should be awesome as freddy as long as he's on stilts while filming. Like seriously he's 5'5"... not very threatening

but I doubt even he will be able to save this film...

MildPossession
Wow, I'm 5'5''. He would still beat me though sad Or I might be 5'4'', forgotten.

Mr. Rhythmic

At least he won't talk.

Nemesis X
This movie might fail like all the other horror remakes (except for Friday the 13th, that remake was good).

MildPossession
The Hollywood Reporter confirmed that both Rooney Mara and Thomas Dekker will be starring in New Line's re-imagined A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET, being directed by Samuel Bayer and produced by Platinum Dunes. They also break the news that TWILIGHT star Kellan Lutz will join the quickly growing cast as "Dean", the popular school jock. The film is slated to begin shooting May 5 in Chicago for a release in theaters April 16, 2010.

HueyFreeman
This movie might fail like all the other horror remakes (except for Friday the 13th, that remake was good). Thats because the source material was nothing really special to begin with.

CATMANEXE
im a purist so im not into this. then again i thought New Nightmare rocked but they had the right man writing it.

MildPossession
By purist, do you mean you don't like remakes and the original should be left alone?

CATMANEXE
By purist, do you mean you don't like remakes and the original should be left alone?

not with most stuff. like that Bewitched movie sucked but i couldnt give a damn anyways. same with Halloween. i love those movies but i wasnt offended there was a remake and actually liked it. theres a few horror movies that are special to me and theres elements that make them as such. for one ill speak of was the remake of Psycho. i loathed it. first off, the stuff that was "revealing" in it actually wasnt because the same history was revealed in part 4. no Anthony Perkins and the guy wasnt anything like him. finally the movie didnt retain any of the Hitchcock elements or camera styles.

Jasons i havent seen. those movies also mean alot to me. so im not excited, but i think it will probally be good because the elements of the original are all things that can be reoccured.

which brings me to Freddy. another im a purist about. now the first two for me were excelllant. Wes Craven and Robert Englund made those movies what they are. the rest...not really fantastic but still alot of fun. the reason is because Wes was gone, but Robert was still keeping it afloat, and in fact moreso than before because he was really fleshing the character out, and just pimping it. New Nightmare i loved but again, Wes Craven. Freddy Vs Jason, well, back to the not so well done but fun stuff.

without Wes or Robert i cant see where id enjoy this. maybe it will be good in its own right, and i hope other people like it, but ill just be reminded of the elements that made it great for me in the first place and that theyre not present and get turned off. kind of like sugar free chocolate.

likewise i dont want my feelings to affect anyone elses ability to view it their own way.

MildPossession
More remake news:

I recommend The Last Winter, creepy film.

Kazenji
This is before he gets burnt

http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=10670

MildPossession
Is that it? stick out tongue See they have a nice Carriesque all original American fence there on the set. smile Looking forwards to seeing a front view of him, especially as Kruger.

MildPossession
The girl who plays Nancy has apparently signed on for another Elm street film after the remake.

MildPossession
Some more news

That ACDC Chick
whens this supposed to happen? hmm

MildPossession
What do you mean? when the other sequels will happen?

MildPossession
They have officially finished the remake:

The Nuul
Dunno if this teaser is real.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxPmOP1_HIY

MildPossession
It's not an official teaser trailer. I think the Chris Johnson as Freddy Kruger would give that away. stick out tongue

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by The Nuul
Dunno if this teaser is real.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxPmOP1_HIY

the real trailer should be released in a month or so

lord xyz
Texas Chainsaw Massacre: 2003/1975 - 29 years
Halloween: 2007/1978 - 29 years
Friday the 13th: 2009/1980 - 29 years
A Nightmare on Elm Street: 2010/1984 - 26 years

way to break a trend.

BruceSkywalker
a few pics...

http://www.moviesonline.ca/movienews_17086.html

MildPossession
The photo is probably a dark shot release on purpose, I'm hoping they don't show too much of the new Freddy Kruger before the film release.

I'm liking that photo release.

Kazenji
He looks good and hoping the story is also decent considering Bay is one of the producers.

jinXed by JaNx
Kruegers story is one of the finest things that, Craven ever imagined. i would like to see a deeper focus on the boogeyman aspect. I'm actually excited to see this movie. I've been wanting a new nightmare flick for a long time and with the technology today...,this movie is gonna be nice.

MildPossession
It's going to concentrate mainly on the 'paedophile' side of things apparently in the first film.

BruceSkywalker
He looks good and hoping the story is also decent considering Bay is one of the producers.

I think the story will be all right

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
a few pics...

http://www.moviesonline.ca/movienews_17086.html Wow, it looks to me like he's really got Freddy's hunched movements down. Awesome.

MildPossession
http://www.forcesofgeek.com/2009/07/face-of-new-freddy-krueger.html

Apparently this turned out to be a fake.

Darth Macabre
http://www.forcesofgeek.com/2009/07/face-of-new-freddy-krueger.html

Apparently this turned out to be a fake. That's fake? Good, quite honestly, I didn't like that look very much.

Davis Bloome
This movie should be pretty great, I've yet to hear anything that made me think it's going to end up bad. JEH as Freddy can't possibly turn out bad.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Davis Bloome
This movie should be pretty great, I've yet to hear anything that made me think it's going to end up bad. JEH as Freddy can't possibly turn out bad.

Haley is a good actor.. I hope this has a good story and decent gore

Darth Macabre
I'm getting real excited for this! w00t

MildPossession
French directors comment including this remake:

Darth Macabre
Meh, their idea or definition of "not any good" could be multiple things; it could be that they felt it was too similar to the original, it could be that they wanted complete control over it and they didn't get that so they're nitpicking, or it could just be that they're wrong. I'm not putting much stock in that interview just yet.

MildPossession
Going by Michael Bay's involvement, I'll probably end up agreeing with the French men...

Discos
Release Date: 30 April 2010
Freddy Krueger: Jackie Earle Haley
Nancy Thompson: Rooney Mara

First things first, I have been a major horror film near all my life. And funnily enough the first Horror movie I saw was NOES 3: Dream Warriors.

I was a bit iffy about the idea of a remake of NOES, especially with no Craven and no Englund. But After doing my research I think its a great idea. We need more Freddy, and a revamp is what the new generation of horror films need, perhaps to appreciate the original franchise better

I'll definatly agree that remakes have been.... well, never pleasing enough. But dudes, we will NEVER have 80's horrors back again. Modern Filming has changed this genre.

Wes Craven's New Nightmare was a great slap in the face for me, i loved Freddy as the joker and as the humerous bastard he was. But in New Nightmare he was sheer creepy, that movie made me have my hall light on next to my bedroom for like 2years :L

I am all for this remake, but I will definatly be postin back once I see the film next year... can't wait

MildPossession
I adore Wes Craven's New Nightmare too, don't know why a lot seem to hate it.

Discos
possibly cause it aint classed as an "original".
but hey I loved it,

FistOfThe North
Rorschak as Freddy, hu?

not a bad choice. he seem to short but he'll do acting and voice wise.

a conservative/right-wing Freddy, ha.

jinXed by JaNx
i always envisioned Freddy as a conservative anyway. laughing out loud

gobstakid777
they are trapped in there with him

Discos
Rorschak does sort of remind me of freddy.

as I said, we will have to wait and see. To be fair, Freddy kruger appears very few in Nightmare on Elm Streets. its mostly the teenagers the story focuses on, every so often freddy will appear and... well ya know.

Love you Mr Kruger, The Bastard son of 100 maniacs

Davis Bloome
I can't wait to see what Haley does with the character. He's such a great actor and him being cast as Freddy has me pumped for this movie.

Discos
me and my friend cant stop talkin about this. He is adamant they are going to go down the "Jason X" route, but i doubt it will.

hope we get some retro 80's hair metal band to do a theme song.

MildPossession
What does your friend mean by going down the Jason X route?

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>