OW darth Maul vs ANH Darth Vader

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DantevsKratos
Darth maul from the novel Old Wounds against anh vader the battle takes place on Polis Massa here is maul a pic of maul just in case http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg197/kingnic17/102901-darth-maul_400.jpg

Tangible God
Is this that same Maul that Vader, prior to ANH killed by stabbing himself through the chest? Cuz if so, I don't see why he can't do it again.

DantevsKratos
Originally posted by Tangible God
Is this that same Maul that Vader, prior to ANH killed by stabbing himself through the chest? Cuz if so, I don't see why he can't do it again. that was the same maul obi killed in TPM this version is a maul grievous crossover

darthsith19
Obi-Wan defeats robot Maul 3 years after ROTS. But Maul puts up a fight. Vader took out the Clone Maul though, and that Maul has to be as strong as this one at least, probably a little stronger. So I'd say Vader wins/

Blax_Hydralisk
Darthsith is alive. o_0

darthsith19
haha

Darth Subjekt
And he voted for Vader... Against MAUL!!! Welcome back!!!

darthsith19
I'm not a Vader hater despite what Manslayer always said.

fatgogeta
Obi Wan dominated this Maul and stalemated Vader. I say Vader wins a solid majority, especially since this Maul's force powers/lightsaber technique should be limited in the same manner Vader was by his injuries.

Darth Subjekt
When did OB1 "dominate" Maul? Especially when various sources state that Maul was too much for him and QGJ?

Schwarzenegger
Originally posted by darthsith19
I'm not a Vader hater despite what Manslayer always said. Hey i stopped that childish crap long ago k? Besides i don't even argue these days, you have my late apologies anyways if it makes you feel better smile

darthsith19
it's all cool.

Galan007
Obi-Wan defeats robot Maul 3 years after ROTS. But Maul puts up a fight. maul only landed 2 physical strikes on obi. other than that, he was absolutely dominated.

Blax_Hydralisk
Originally posted by Darth Subjekt
When did OB1 "dominate" Maul? Especially when various sources state that Maul was too much for him and QGJ?

When Maul was on the floor. no expression

darthsith19
Originally posted by Galan007
maul only landed 2 physical strikes on obi. other than that, he was absolutely dominated.
How was he dominated? 2 physical strikes is good, usually the losing duelist doesn't get even one strike on their superior.

Elite Hunter
I thought the OW comic was not declared to be canon?

Galan007
How was he dominated? by being disarmed/dehorned, having his saber chopped in half, being overwhelmed with speed, and finally brought to his knees with a saber pointed at his face?

2 physical strikes is good, usually the losing duelist doesn't get even one strike on their superior. agreed. except in this case the physical strikes maul did land, gained him absolutely nothing.

darthsith19
by being disarmed/dehorned, having his saber chopped in half, being overwhelmed with speed, and finally brought to his knees with a saber pointed at his face?

agreed. except in this case the physical strikes maul did land, gained him absolutely nothing.
Which all points to the fact that Maul was beaten. but nothing there suggests that he was DOMINATED. Point 1 proves he was beaten, and, as stated before, if landing blows on your superior before going down isn't putting up a fight, what is? I would like to know.

Galan007
Which all points to the fact that Maul was beaten. but nothing there suggests that he was DOMINATED. Point 1 proves he was beaten, and, as stated before, if landing blows on your superior before going down isn't putting up a fight, what is? I would like to know. m'kay... would you prefer if i said, "maul was beaten easily?"

darthsith19
being beaten easily is the same as being dominated. If Maul was beaten easily, then what do you consider a good fight? The fact that Maul actually land blows on Kenobi, imo, makes it a good fight. In a fight where someone is beaten easily, they do not land blows on their opponent, for example, AOTC Kenobi vs. Dooku, Bane vs. Sirak #2 in the dueling ring, Exar Kun vs. Vodo, these are examples of people getting dominated.

Galan007
^

so if mike tyson punches me a few times, and in midst of this i swing and punch him once, then he proceeds to KO me after a few more hits - you'd say i did good against him, despite the physical strike i did land, gaining me no advantage whatsoever? okay..

anyhow, the best maul did against obi was kick him into a speeder. before maul could move in to engage him again, obi had already moved from the speeder, back to maul's location, and had his saber pointed at maul's face . maul was beaten easily, imho.

Master Crimzon
@DS: Well, Dooku was getting dominated duringt he battle between him and the dynamic duo, but he still managed to disable Obi-Wan with the force and kick Anakin into a wall. As you can see, getting physically hit during the course of the fight does not prove that you are not being dominated.

Darth Subjekt
Blax, OB1 was on the floor (and worse) a lot more than Maul, so did they both dominate each other?

darthsith19
^

so if mike tyson punches me a few times, and in midst of this i swing and punch him once, then he proceeds to KO me after a few more hits - you'd say i did good against him, despite the physical strike i did land, gaining me no advantage whatsoever? okay..

anyhow, the best maul did against obi was kick him into a speeder. before maul could move in to engage him again, obi had already moved from the speeder, back to maul's location, and had his saber pointed at maul's face . maul was beaten easily, imho.
Boxing and lightsbaer dueling cannot be related. In pretty much every boxing match, the loser will get a few hits on the winner. By your logic, Maul vs. Kenobi in TPM wasn't close, since Kenobi landed 1 physical blow on Maul (during the actual duel, not including the surprise attack at the end) and it got him nowhere. Yoda vs. Sidious wasn't close, either, since Yoda only gets 1 hit on Sidious and it gets him nowhere, right? Then what is your example of a good match?

Galan007
^

that post made no sense whatsoever, and had nothing to do with what i was saying.

anyhow, it's very clear that the battle between this version of maul, and obi was not close. not in the slightest. obi undoubtedly had the clear advantage throughout their 5 page battle. maul was owned, your love of the character doesn't change this fact.

but this is becoming circular. thusly, my debating of this particular subject has come to an end. smile

Darth Subjekt
Yea, you can tell him that water's wet and he'll still argue with you. You're really saving yourself a headache. smile

Faunus
Water isn't wet.

ninja

Darth Subjekt
Damnit!!! I knew I had it wrong again!

skywalker833
Vader wins.

YousufKhan1212
Bump.

Galan007
Aww, look at me over a decade ago. Jesus, time flies...

YousufKhan1212
Galan do you still agree with your old posts? These were the pre-TCW days, I honestly think if TCW didn't exist, Maul debates would be far more interesting.

carthage
Vader ragdolls him

Galan007
Originally posted by YousufKhan1212
Galan do you still agree with your old posts? These were the pre-TCW days, I honestly think if TCW didn't exist, Maul debates would be far more interesting. Hard to say.

I haven't read Visionaries in years, but I still seem to remember Kenobi dominating Maul pretty easily in that book.

CriticalShaft
Vader unless Maul suicides again

YousufKhan1212
Hard to say.

I haven't read Visionaries in years, but I still seem to remember Kenobi dominating Maul pretty easily in that book.

Your old posts are kind of correct. Kenobi absolutely wrecked Maul, the fight itself is 5 pages at most. Maul intially gains the advantage though. He puts Kenobi in a choke hold by using his grievous like legs to grab Kenobi and pin him down, whilst locking blades with Kenobi, then he taunts Kenobi, which seemingly provokes Kenobi into getting angry, and Kenobi breaks out of the choke hold. Maul and Kenobi then lock blades and stare at each other for a while, then Kenobi suddenly smacks Maul in the face with a punch so brutal that a few of Maul's horns are smashed off. Maul is temporarily stunned, Kenobi takes advantage of Maul's vulnerability, leaps at him, grabs him by the horn and prepares to deliver a killing strike. Maul regains some of his footing and attempts a counter attack, but it's too late; Kenobi cuts off Maul's left arm and cuts his saberstaff in half (again!), Maul screams in pain, but then kicks Kenobi in a speeder, gaining a temporary advantage. Desperate to continue the fight, Maul retrieves the remaining halve of his saberstaff, ignites it and is ready to continue the fight, but then stops dead in his tracks because Kenobi recovered from that kick sooner than expected.

Yeah, it was an extremely one sided fight. Maul didn't get one shotted or three shotted, but Kenobi straight up overpowers him quite quickly. Granted, Maul did gain 2 advantage during the fight, he initially choked Kenobi, and later on kicked him, but both of these hits completely paled in comparison to what Kenobi did to him i.e. punching him in the face hard enough to smash Maul's horns off, cutting off his arm whilst cutting off his saberstaff, and having Maul at his mercy. Honestly, I don't think this Maul was as good as his TPM self to begin with to be honest.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.