1957 vs 2007

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

sithsaber408

Bardock42
2007 10/10

lord xyz
It's the democrats' fault.

Strangelove
Yeah, a lot of those are wildly exaggerated.

EDIT: all of them are wildly exaggerated.

BackFire
Cute. But almost all of them are obviously bogus and would never ever happen.

Bardock42
On a different note, some fundie (maybe even you) already posted that sometime, maybe not as a thread though.

Also, that list don't seems to include
"Johnny, a black guy from Alabama, looks at a white girl
1957: His eyes are ripped out, he then gets dragged accross a few fields tied to a car and finally he is hung by his intestines on a tree.
2007: He goes on and lives his life happily. The girl feels flattered."

Devil King
1957! -Ah, the good ole days when coloureds knew their place, women were affraid to disagree with their husbands, children spoke only when spoken to, the whole country liked Ike, people went to church out of fear instead of arrogance, there were no terrorists(only commie bast*rds bent on world domination) you could tie a queer to a fencepost and beat him to death with out some tree-hugging, bleeding-heart waving a rainbow flag in your face, a gun over every hearth and nickle-a-gallon gasoline. Not a pedophile, rapist, murderer or gang member in sight. (non-white gang members, that is)

sithsaber408
Originally posted by Bardock42
On a different note, some fundie (maybe even you) already posted that sometime, maybe not as a thread though.

1957: His eyes are ripped out, he then gets dragged accross a few fields tied to a car and finally he is hung by his intestines on a tree.
2007: He goes on and lives his life happily. The girl feels flattered." Originally posted by Devil King
1957! -Ah, the good ole days when coloureds knew their place, women were affraid to disagree with their husbands, children spoke only when spoken to, the whole country liked Ike, people went to church out of fear instead of arrogance, there were no terrorists(only commie bast*rds bent on world domination) you could tie a queer to a fencepost and beat him to death with out some tree-hugging, bleeding-heart waving a rainbow flag in your face, a gun over every hearth and nickle-a-gallon gasoline. Not a pedophile, rapist, murderer or gang member in sight. (non-white gang members, that is)

laughing out loud

True enough. Not everything was better, and many things were in fact worse.

lord xyz
Originally posted by Devil King
1957! -Ah, the good ole days when coloureds knew their place, women were affraid to disagree with their husbands, children spoke only when spoken to, the whole country liked Ike, people went to church out of fear instead of arrogance, there were no terrorists(only commie bast*rds bent on world domination) you could tie a queer to a fencepost and beat him to death with out some tree-hugging, bleeding-heart waving a rainbow flag in your face, a gun over every hearth and nickle-a-gallon gasoline. Not a pedophile, rapist, murderer or gang member in sight. (non-white gang members, that is) I must've missed that episode of happy days.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by BackFire
Cute. But almost all of them are obviously bogus and would never ever happen.

hat you talkin bout?

My dad was imprisoned on child abuse charges due to a testimony given from my Shrink...,who is now my new dad.

Devil King
Originally posted by lord xyz
I must've missed that episode of happy days.

It's on the DVD. It's season 14, I think. It's a bonus two-part episode called Joanie get's her period and Richie realizes he might be different.

sithsaber408
I always thought that Patsi would be the ghey one.

Grand_Moff_Gav

smile

Devil King
Originally posted by Grand_Moff_Gav
smile

AND! No catholics thinking they "fit in".

lord xyz

Grand_Moff_Gav
AND! No catholics thinking they "fit in".

laughing out loud laughing out loud

Bardock42
Child brutality is the worst kind of brutality.

What's the fourth worst kind? Just for reference, please.

Symmetric Chaos

lord xyz
What's the fourth worst kind? Just for reference, please. I don't know, criminal brutality?

Devil King

Is there evil in the world and if so, what should be done about it?

Originally said by Super American
DEFEAT IT!

My god, I wonder how silly that kind of display is to the rest of the civilized world?

Robtard

Children
Women
Animals
Men
Blacks

That's the pecking order.

lord xyz
Edit: It's satire of course.

Bardock42

Maybe you should quite comedy.

lord xyz
Maybe you should quite comedy. Hey, if Dane Cook can be a successful comic, I'm damn sure I can.

Bardock42
Hey, if Dane Cook can be a successful comic, I'm damn sure I can.

Hahah, that was actually funny.

Rapscallion
Originally posted by Robtard
Children
Women
Animals
Men
Blacks

That's the pecking order.

so blacks are literally below other human beings in your pecking order??? confused

lord xyz
Originally posted by Rapscallion
so blacks are literally below other human beings in your pecking order??? confused Originally posted by lord xyz

Bardock42
Originally posted by Rapscallion
so blacks are literally below other human beings in your pecking order??? confused

Yeah, I actually seriously asked for a list of the worst kinds of violence and Robtard actually seriously provided it.

I am also actually serious when I say that.

lord xyz
Maybe you should quite comedy.

Bardock42

It's "quit". You should really have changed that. Or used . Now you look like the idiot.

lord xyz
I didn't think that would've mattered.

Bardock42
I didn't think that would've mattered. Exactly, you didn't think...

lord xyz
Meh, what would've been bad is if I did think and still ****ed up.

Bardock42
Meh, what would've been bad is if I did think and still ****ed up.

The implication was more that you can't think...but go on.

lord xyz
That's it.

inimalist
Most of Sithsabre's points seem to speak to the educational establishment or the "nanny" state in general.

If the needeless and divisive extremeness (and political loadedness) of the questions are removed, I think there migh be a point to what he is saying.

From the 50s to today, education has by and large become a laboratory for whatever leftist academic needs to test their ware on children. Along with this, came the spurious idea that children are soft and fragile, where any discouragement or injury will cause irreparable cognitive damage to the child. Yes, there is no more corporal punishment, and I am a huge supporter of this, but at the same time, the standard for education has been steadily declining since mid century.

To the other point, the modern state is in a constant panic. All institutions need to act with legal liability in mind, and because of how stupid civil law has become, cannot allow things that are blatantly safe, for fear of lawyers. My favorite example is from my own life, and is entirely anecdotal. However, in my 3rd year of university, I was kicked out of a class for having a fairly loud and passionate discussion with my prof, after class, about the content of an essay and the philosophy she was forcing on the class. When security came the next class, I was labeled as a potential Coloumbine. What was funny was when I had to explain freedom of speech to the dean of my department.

Civil rights, sure, way better now. But we have very soft and bloated states. We don't want our children to fail or have any adversity, and if they do, we want to sue the absolute shit out of anyone else, because we are too amazing to be responsible.

botankus
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
My dad was imprisoned on child abuse charges due to a testimony given from my Shrink...who is now my new dad.
JER-RY! JER-RY! JER-RY!

sithsaber408
Originally posted by inimalist
Most of Sithsabre's points seem to speak to the educational establishment or the "nanny" state in general.

If the needeless and divisive extremeness (and political loadedness) of the questions are removed, I think there migh be a point to what he is saying.

From the 50s to today, education has by and large become a laboratory for whatever leftist academic needs to test their ware on children. Along with this, came the spurious idea that children are soft and fragile, where any discouragement or injury will cause irreparable cognitive damage to the child. Yes, there is no more corporal punishment, and I am a huge supporter of this, but at the same time, the standard for education has been steadily declining since mid century.

To the other point, the modern state is in a constant panic. All institutions need to act with legal liability in mind, and because of how stupid civil law has become, cannot allow things that are blatantly safe, for fear of lawyers. My favorite example is from my own life, and is entirely anecdotal. However, in my 3rd year of university, I was kicked out of a class for having a fairly loud and passionate discussion with my prof, after class, about the content of an essay and the philosophy she was forcing on the class. When security came the next class, I was labeled as a potential Coloumbine. What was funny was when I had to explain freedom of speech to the dean of my department.

Civil rights, sure, way better now. But we have very soft and bloated states. We don't want our children to fail or have any adversity, and if they do, we want to sue the absolute shit out of anyone else, because we are too amazing to be responsible.

While I appreciate the rational response, I was just having fun with this thread. I copy pasted that list from another website because it gave me a chuckle.

The only reason I even posted it in the GDF was because the topics of education and excess litigation were in there, but I honestly didn't expect anybody to really pick up on it and comment.

Kudos. thumb up

chillmeistergen
2007 to the max.

H. S. 6
I see the point it's trying to make, but it's obviously so skewed that it can't be taken/debated seriously.

Plus, it makes me giggle.

inimalist
Originally posted by sithsaber408
While I appreciate the rational response, I was just having fun with this thread. I copy pasted that list from another website because it gave me a chuckle.

The only reason I even posted it in the GDF was because the topics of education and excess litigation were in there, but I honestly didn't expect anybody to really pick up on it and comment.

Kudos. thumb up

lol, there are days when those things drag on me more than others, so it was more an opportunistic rant than anything.

Blue_Hefner

Right, a black guy named Johnny. SMH. I find your post very offensive.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Blue_Hefner
Right, a black guy named Johnny. SMH. I find your post very offensive.

Really? Did you find it so offensive that you cried?

Blinky

1957: His eyes are ripped out, he then gets dragged across a few fields tied to a car and finally he is hung by his intestines on a tree.

Here is a yet another fairy tale.

Johnny, a black guy from Alabama, looks at a white girl
1957: His eyes are ripped out, he then gets dragged across a few fields tied to a car and finally he is hung by his intestines on a tree.
2007: Black guy decides to rape white girl (she happens to be 13). He gets 5 years and is set free on parole after 2. Black guy sees another white girl... "she looking good" devil .

lord xyz
^

Example of being unfunny.

Symmetric Chaos
He's just too real for you.

lord xyz
^

Another example of being unfunny.

Bardock42
^

I guess we'll just have to believe xyz, he is, after all, one of the foremost experts on unfunniness.

Symmetric Chaos
^

Talk to the hand, 'cause the face ain't listening.

lord xyz
I guess we'll just have to believe xyz, he is, after all, one of the foremost experts on unfunniness. Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Talk to the hand, 'cause the face ain't listening. Maybe you two would be happier talking to eachother.

Bardock42
Maybe you two would be happier talking to eachother.

We are, in a more entertaining way.

lord xyz
We are, in a more entertaining way. No, you are not talking to eachother. I know.

Bardock42
No, you are not talking to eachother. I know. Of course, you do. You are an expert on everything. We mere mortals can only hope to receive your nuggets of wisdom from time to time.

lord xyz
Of course, you do. You are an expert on everything. We mere mortals can only hope to receive your nuggets of wisdom from time to time. Finally, you get it.

Blue_Hefner
Really? Did you find it so offensive that you cried?

Yes.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Blue_Hefner
Yes. Well...bygones.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.