Child's Play Remake

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Neo Darkhalen

deathbycorn
Doesn't need a remake its a good film.

Neo Darkhalen
agreed, but apparently that's what we are getting....gah i wish they would stop remaking such good horror films, or to be precise remaking good horror films while making them worse then the original.

MildPossession
That's taken from an old source, 'upcoming Martian Child', that film has been out for a while now...

Rob Zombie? his remake of Halloween was terrible and one of the worst remakes I have seen... so no, that wouldn't be good. Mediocre film maker.

Also producer/writer of the films doesn't mean anything, I mean Bride and Seed of Chucky...

deathbycorn
House of 1000 Corpses is an awesome backwoods horror flick!

Neo Darkhalen
Originally posted by MildPossession
That's taken from an old source, 'upcoming Martian Child', that film has been out for a while now...

Rob Zombie? his remake of Halloween was terrible and one of the worst remakes I have seen... so no, that wouldn't be good. Mediocre film maker.

Also producer/writer of the films doesn't mean anything, I mean Bride and Seed of Chucky...

We shall see where it leads....if there is indeed a remake coming...well

cropsy_is_god
All these films from the 70's & 80's are awesome we don't need a ****in remakeof every horror film from that era. Just a bunch of lazy ***** who cant come up with any decent original storylines for themselves so they get famous from someone else's work.

Im against remakes 100% always have been always will be **** Hollywood main stream horror films.

papabeard
What effect will these remakes have on the evolution of ideas of the next generation?

Neo Darkhalen
a big effect, people use remakes as the easy way out, instead of coming up with fresh new ideas they either use the cash cow formula of sequels, or cash in on classic films from an era by remaking them just for extra money....all fresh ideas seem to be scrapped in favor of tried and tested.

Blinky
Bleh, yet another classic film is going to be ruined.

tylerTOXICITY
I don't mind really.
Yet i DO agree with Neo Darkhalen

Remakes ARE the easy way out.

I'd still go see this, though,
Nothing beats the Original.

Bat Dude
More remakes? No thank you...

MildPossession

Wolfie
Wow. I leave this forum for a while and come back to find everyone's found a remake to everything.

Child's Play is fine as is. There's nothing a remake can improve upon. I would like to see a Child's Play 6 myself. Even if that's the last film, at least let Chucky finish the series with a bang without the fluff of Tiffany and Glen(da).

MildPossession
Don't knock Glen(daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa)!!

MildPossession

Vim
I've always been a fan of the Child's Play series. I even enjoyed Bride and Seed, mostly because of the comedy. I think they realized how hard it was to make a living doll truly scary in this day and age. The whole idea always felt kind of campy. But anyway, as long as the original creators are wanting to do a remake, I say let them.

Who knows?

Maybe we will get a newer, scarier Chucky...

BruceSkywalker
NOOOOO

Dark-Jaxx
Original sucked, I doubt a remake would be better.

And House of 1,000 Corpses and Devil's Rejects were awesome movies.

Vim
Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
Original sucked, I doubt a remake would be better.

And House of 1,000 Corpses and Devil's Rejects were awesome movies.

Couldn't agree with you more. The Child's Play movies DO suck, but they still hold a special place in my heart and always will. Rob Zombie's movies have a certain quality to them that does put them in the realm of awesomeness, but it is only an opinion, no matter how much me or you say it... It won't ever be a fact.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.