darth maul and dooku vs jacob nion, ventress and durge

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Man of Christ
all out who takes it?

Blax_Hydralisk
Well... I don't really see what Dooku can do to permanently put down Durge (I heard he defeated him but I don't know under what context).

So... my scenarios are this:

A) Ventress and Durge hold out for as long as they can against Dooku while Starkiller rapes Maul with the force, then the three triple team and defeat Dooku.

B) Durge alone holds out for as long as he can (Essentially getting chopped up and regenerating over and over again), while Assaj and Ventress take out Maul. Then they either triple team or if Durge is down for the count double team him.

*shrug*

Lt. Valerian
His name is Galen Marek now, by the way.

Blax_Hydralisk
I like Starkiller better... meh.

Lightsnake
Dooku takes out Ventress and Durge in moments with a barrage of lightning, then joins Maul against Nion

darthsith19
Originally posted by Lightsnake
Dooku takes out Ventress and Durge in moments with a barrage of lightning, then joins Maul against Nion
That won't keep Durge down for long though will it? Nor Ventress, plus why wouldn't she just block it with her lightsabers?

Lt. Valerian
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
I like Starkiller better... meh.

His codename is still Starkiller.

Blax_Hydralisk

Ventress has a lightsaber and Durge tanked hundreds of rounds of blaster fire, electric shocks, missiles, getting sliced in half, etc. It took Anakin launching him into the sun to kill him. no expression

Lightsnake
Originally posted by darthsith19
That won't keep Durge down for long though will it? Nor Ventress, plus why wouldn't she just block it with her lightsabers?

Durge can be subdued, if not killed and Dooku is powerful enough for that by far. And how will Ventress 'just block it?' In the Clone Wars, Dooku was able to incapacitate her seconds, saber or no. His lightning is far more powerful and extensive than anything Ventress can block.

Blax_Hydralisk
Which is why AotC Obi-Wan, her inferior, was able to block it with a smirk and a wise crack?

And I'm pretty sure that this is Ventress at her peak, which is a lot stronger then when she was a newblet in the beginning of CW.

Galan007
His lightning is far more powerful and extensive than anything Ventress can block. did ventress even know dooku could produce force-lightning at the time? had she been trained to block it? as far as i'm aware, the answer is no to both of those questions. however, had she known these very important tid-bits beforehand, there's really no reason she would have been incapable of deflecting it, imo.

anyhow, maul/dooku ftw.

darthsith19
To add to the above 2 posts, Asajj was being extremely arrogant a cocky when Dooku used lightning on her before. If this is Asajj in her prime, she will know better than to be overconfident when facing Dooku and will know what to expect.

Darth Subjekt
But all he has to do is "left a finger."

darthsith19
while Asajj is not fighting back, and there's no Durge there as well.

Darth Subjekt
Ok, well even if Durge was there, he can't use the force, so he's more susceptible that Asajj is. And at Dooku's level, it wouldn't matter much id she was fighting back.

Rampant ox
The point is, Asajj couldn't have fought back, even if she wanted to:

"Her face went pale. Dooku lifted that one finger, and this time he tapped it in the air, as if pushing a needle into a pincushion. Ventress crumpled to her knees. Her voice came out clotted with pain. Dooku made another little patting motion, and Ventress slammed to the tile floor. " -- Dark Rendezvous

Darth Subjekt
My point exactly. I don't have that book and couldn't remember the quote exactly. Thanks Ox! Good to see you. It's been awhile... as Staind would say.

Rampant ox
I've been lurking in the shadows, reluctant to engage in debates with the new era of fanboys. However sometimes I am forced to make the occassional appearance when I feel Count Dooku's reputation is at stake!

ninja

Lightsnake
Also worth noting is that Grievous was able to own both Ventress and Durge simultaneously...decapitation does STOP Durge, even if it doesn't kill him.

Dooku is Grievous's superior by a good amount in almost every way.

darthsith19
Also worth noting is that Grievous was able to own both Ventress and Durge simultaneously...decapitation does STOP Durge, even if it doesn't kill him.

Dooku is Grievous's superior by a good amount in almost every way.
LoE says that Dooku was often "hard pressed to defeat the General."

And did Grievous own them both or just beat them? I haven't read that comic so. But that was at the beginning of the wars and Asajj has gotten much stronger since then, just think, 4 months after AOTC she was on Anakin's level, then 5 months before ROTS she was still on his level, and we all know how much stronger Anakin got.

Lightsnake

And did Grievous own them both or just beat them? I haven't read that comic so. But that was at the beginning of the wars and Asajj has gotten much stronger since then, just think, 4 months after AOTC she was on Anakin's level, then 5 months before ROTS she was still on his level, and we all know how much stronger Anakin got.

Complete ownage. And hard pressed or no, Grievous never came to Dooku's level.

And at no point has Asajj ever demonstrated sufficient skill to go against Dooku in any way, shape or form. When Anakin goes all out, she gets crushed. Dooku is capable of defeating her and Durge very quickly

Darth Subjekt
And also if you think about it, how many opponents has Dooku gone up against that could wield 4 sabers and was incredibly strong and fast? So there was no room or time for him to really "get used to" GG's style and other attributes, yet he still always beat the good general.

darthsith19
Complete ownage. And hard pressed or no, Grievous never came to Dooku's level.

And at no point has Asajj ever demonstrated sufficient skill to go against Dooku in any way, shape or form. When Anakin goes all out, she gets crushed. Dooku is capable of defeating her and Durge very quickly
If he was hard pressed to defeat Grievous, how as Grievous nowhere near his level? That's kind of a contradiction, isn't it?

When Anakin goes all out? So you're saying in The Dreadnaughts of Rendili, when she was hanging with him, he wasn't even trying, until the end when he beat her? Is this the same Durge who took on Anakin and Kenobi, 2 on 1, just a mere 5 months before ROTS and held his own? The same Durge who put up a great fight against Anakin just 5 months before ROTS? So Dooku can easily beat this guy while fending off Asajj? If that's the case, Anakin must have got way stronger in 5 months to go from on Durge's level to beating Dooku.

Honestly, some mines exploded while on Durge and it didn't stop him for more than a few seconds. Mind telling me what Dooku is going to do to incapacitate him?

Darth Subjekt
How the hell is he only on Durge's Level? The force alone of the chosen one puts him on a higher level against a non force user. Even with him being invincible, and Anakin not, Anakin still killed him. So a near immortal couldn't even kill Ani or OB1.

Lightsnake
If he was hard pressed to defeat Grievous, how as Grievous nowhere near his level? That's kind of a contradiction, isn't it?

he could have been hard pressed against Sora Bulq as well...yet he still would win each other.

Notice how she didn't stand and fight and taunted him until he lost it and then proceeded to destroy her?

From 'Durge's level?' For starters, Anakin beats Dooku when he, against goes all out with anger. Secondly, he beat Durge because he used Durge's explosions against him and badly damaged him.
Take his head off? Electrocute him into hibernation? You neglect to say those mines forced Durge's body 'into overtime' to work to heal all that damage and weakened him substantially. Grievous demonstrated decapitation is a temporary solution to Durge and lots of electrocution-say, like Dooku;s lightning- is definite incapacitation as the Mandos used to subdue him.

Are you SERIOUSLY telling me that Dooku is going to have trouble against Asajj and Durge? Asajj is nothing to Dooku and he far exceeds Durge in ability.

As I said, he unleashes a storm of force lightning on the two and that's it. Asajj cannot compare to him in Force or saber and Dooku isn't stupid enough to keep Durge around unless he could finish him off if the need arose. Durge isn't what we call 'stable' in regards to loyalties

darthyoda23
whos jacob nion and ventress? confused

DARTH POWER

she wasnt ever on Anakins level. he beat her every time they fought. and a few months before ROTS he beat her quite badly.

not to mention she culdnt even beat a disarmed obi1 in the new animated movie.

Obsidian Fury
Originally posted by Man of Christ
all out who takes it?

The trio

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.