which one of the x-men cant beat cyclops?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

magnetman130xl
i figured the little jubilee but is there anyone else

Silke
Depends a little .. the way I see it (ya ya, I'm sure there'll be quite a variety of opinions here wink ), Cyclops is a distance striker with his eyeblast, and his blast gets recharged by the sun. So .. say .. Logan? As long as Cyke keeps battering and blasting him 'into orbit' (yes, I know .. not quite, but you get the picture), what's Logan gonna do? Toss dirt in his eyes?

All around though? I think every single one of them could defeat (or at the very least 'subdue for a while') every other one of the team *shrugs* Just my thoughts.

rox
cypher lol

hunter_blake05
maybe prodigy..

Raoul
Originally posted by magnetman130xl
i figured the little jubilee but is there anyone else

can't? or wouldn't, more often than cyclops would beat them?

he has human durability, so anyone that can hurt people can hurt him.

people that would beat him, on the other hand, is a different story.

this is the guy that trained the x-men, and has studied them in every detail...

also, vs forum...

Brak Dayton
Twice, as I recall, Cyclops has taken on the entire X-Men and won. The question should be 'Which one of the X-Men CAN beat Cyclops?' The answer would be Prof X, Phoenix and possibly Iceman.

Wei Phoenix
yeah this should be who CAN beat Cyclops.

redhotrash
Cyclops shouldnt be able to take the entire team. Collosus could possibly stand up to his blast. Nightcrawler would take him, classic Rogue would take him, Gambit has a fair chance. It really depends. Cyclops has one of the better offensive abilities on the X-Men, but his durability and everything else is just human.

jalek moye
hasnt he taken shots from things that would kill a normal human? i figured he had peak human durabilty like black panther or steve rogers

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by jalek moye
hasnt he taken shots from things that would kill a normal human? i figured he had peak human durabilty like black panther or steve rogers

We all know the infamous get off my lawn scenario.

nikbackm
Originally posted by jalek moye

His costume (and the other X-Men's as well) may function as a body armor. Unstable molecules?

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by nikbackm
His costume (and the other X-Men's as well) may function as a body armor. Unstable molecules?

Yeah but a Sentinel slapped him in the face.

Raoul
Originally posted by redhotrash
Cyclops shouldnt be able to take the entire team. Collosus could possibly stand up to his blast. Nightcrawler would take him, classic Rogue would take him, Gambit has a fair chance. It really depends. Cyclops has one of the better offensive abilities on the X-Men, but his durability and everything else is just human.

and yet he's still beaten teams trying to take him down...

nikbackm
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix

I am sure Cyke rolled with the punch. wink

Wei Phoenix

Yeah he did. I was using that to counter the guy's claim that their suits were made of unstable molecules that gives them enhanced durability.

redhotrash
Well yeah he cant take SOME teams, like the Dark Riders, but he shouldnt be able to take any serious roster of the X-men.

Wei Phoenix
Well yeah he cant take SOME teams, like the Dark Riders, but he shouldnt be able to take any serious roster of the X-men.

Would you count, shadowcat, Colossus, Wolverine, Nightcrawler and Storm as a serious roster of the X-Men?

peejayd
* plus Rogue too, in that particular scenario... smile

Raoul
Originally posted by peejayd
* plus Rogue too, in that particular scenario... smile

lol, i had the same though, but i couldnt remember whether she was there or not...

rianna_d
They all beat each other at some point...

peejayd
Originally posted by Raoul
lol, i had the same though, but i couldnt remember whether she was there or not...

* i think an avalanche fell on her, orchestrated by Cyke (via Danger Room), then he carried her outside... the avalanche produced smokes and dusts that's why he has gas mask... smile

Raoul
* i think an avalanche fell on her, orchestrated by Cyke (via Danger Room), then he carried her outside... the avalanche produced smokes and dusts that's why he has gas mask... smile

yeah, i think that was it lol...

peejayd

* i think the Sentinel slapped his whole body, stick out tongue

* he was literally blown away...

* already did, defeated them... smile

emmaandroguefan
Emma in diamond form can easily take Scott, theirs also Jean when she's not busy being dead and Colossus. I would also say do to their sneaky powers Cipher and Kitty "meow", Peace.

KingD19
In actuality, he can't defeat Colossus, or Shadowcat. If Rogue get's in close, she's already won. Emma doesn't need her diamond form to win, she can just pound his head. Not just including the X-Men, there's a slew of students who could beat Scott. Mercury, Rockslide, Hellion, Pixie. Just to name a few

peejayd
Originally posted by KingD19
In actuality, he can't defeat Colossus, or Shadowcat.

* in comics, Cyke already defeated several X-men, including Colossus and Shadowcat...

If Rogue get's in close, she's already won.

* yeah, including Rogue too...

Emma doesn't need her diamond form to win, she can just pound his head.

* maybe you don't know Cyke holds blackbelts in Judo and Aikido...

Not just including the X-Men, there's a slew of students who could beat Scott. Mercury, Rockslide, Hellion, Pixie. Just to name a few

* Cyke already freaked them out... wink

KingD19
When I say Emma pounding his head, I mean with her Telepathy. In his current incarnation, do you honestly think Cyclops could beat Colossus? And I do know he's beaten them before, I'm just going on logic, although logic and comic logic are 2 different things. And despite them being freaked out or not, Rockslide can easily win now that he's just a being of energy who uses golem forms from whatever earth he's around. Nezhno toppled a Sentinel, and took hits that would floor others, so he won. We could do this all day. Basically what I'm saying is, Cyke is an awesome fighter, but there's a slew of people, including those I mentioned who can beat him.

peejayd
When I say Emma pounding his head, I mean with her Telepathy.

* oh? my bad... embarrasment

In his current incarnation, do you honestly think Cyclops could beat Colossus?

* yes... while Cyke's little blasts seem to bounce and ricochet on Colossus' steel body, he has managed to blow him away by blasting him in the eyes... and i also think Colossus would be blown back when Cyke removes the visor...

And I do know he's beaten them before, I'm just going on logic, although logic and comic logic are 2 different things.

* yes...

And despite them being freaked out or not, Rockslide can easily win now that he's just a being of energy who uses golem forms from whatever earth he's around. Nezhno toppled a Sentinel, and took hits that would floor others, so he won.

* by ability, yeah... by character, i don't think they have the guts to fight Cyke...

We could do this all day. Basically what I'm saying is, Cyke is an awesome fighter, but there's a slew of people, including those I mentioned who can beat him.

* noted... my only point is that eventhough they can beat Cyke, Cyke can also beat them... stick out tongue

mr.smiley
Originally posted by Brak Dayton
Twice, as I recall, Cyclops has taken on the entire X-Men and won. The question should be 'Which one of the X-Men CAN beat Cyclops?' The answer would be Prof X, Phoenix and possibly Iceman.

Thank you for saying that for me. smile

peejayd
Originally posted by Brak Dayton

* my question is... why Cyclops? confused

emmaandroguefan
Can someone answer me how can Scott defeat Kitty "meow" in battle. Unless Kitty had a stupid moment for a sec and Scott took advantage of it and which X-Men book was it when he defeated my Anna? Peace

mr.smiley
* my question is... why Cyclops? confused

Cause Cyke is the S($T!
Their's a reason why Cyclops is considered the leader and it's just not to give him a title.

peejayd
Originally posted by mr.smiley
Cause Cyke is the S($T!
Their's a reason why Cyclops is considered the leader and it's just not to give him a title.

* yeah, he's the man... i know...

* what i mean is, why him? why make a thread to ask who can't beat him? it's spite...

mr.smiley
LOL.
Well in that case.......... laughing

katie_girl09
Well if you ask me, Scott is one of the characters (like Wolverine) that the writers always make win, even when it makes absolutely no sense for them to win.
I agree that there are SO many X-men that SHOULD be able to take Scott without even trying too hard.
Maybe I'm just paranoid, but I think there are some serious Scott fanboys up in Marvel...

Silke
LOL Scott fanboys in Marvel .. erhm .. when he is the character who tends to get sidelined for Wolverine, gets crapped upon by most everyone who writes him and tends to get a slipshod treatment where his character is concerned with most writers just not getting him? I .. highly doubt the fanboy thingy!

katie_girl09
Well that's my personal opinion. You're perfectly free to disagree, of course.
And doesn't EVERYONE get sidelined for Wolverine? lol

Raoul
Originally posted by katie_girl09
Well if you ask me, Scott is one of the characters (like Wolverine) that the writers always make win, even when it makes absolutely no sense for them to win.
I agree that there are SO many X-men that SHOULD be able to take Scott without even trying too hard.
Maybe I'm just paranoid, but I think there are some serious Scott fanboys up in Marvel...

there aren't.

he isn't team leader for nothing.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by katie_girl09

I don't think there are Scott fanboys in Marvel. We are given many reasons why Scott is so great. He started out as a kid who couldn't control his beams (due to an injury) and Xavier took him in and saw his potential, he then trained him to be a leader which I like even more instead of the boring natrual born leaders. He practiced hours on end with his powers. He took a pretty basic power imo and added so much variety and ingenuity to it. Now he shoot at different power levels or frequencies, whichever is the right word. We've seen him learn hapkido and aikido (Thats the MA's he learned Raoul?) We've seen him practice shooting a perfect hole in a potato chip without damaging the rest of the chip. We've seen him study his team and learn what he can and can't do. Throughout the years we have seen Scott grow instead of the usual "I'm the shiznit just because I am!" routine. I have no problem with him being as great as he is since we've actually been able to see the hard work and dedication he put in to become who he is.

katie_girl09
there aren't.

he isn't team leader for nothing.
Yes. I know that he's the leader. And he is a very good leader most of the time. But c'mon now...

emmaandroguefan
no one still answer my question, how did Scott beat Anna and Kitty? Peace.

Silke
You might want to check out the Cyclops respect thread in the respect forum. You should be able to find examples there for him beating the two.

peejayd
I don't think there are Scott fanboys in Marvel. We are given many reasons why Scott is so great. He started out as a kid who couldn't control his beams (due to an injury) and Xavier took him in and saw his potential, he then trained him to be a leader which I like even more instead of the boring natrual born leaders. He practiced hours on end with his powers. He took a pretty basic power imo and added so much variety and ingenuity to it. Now he shoot at different power levels or frequencies, whichever is the right word. We've seen him learn hapkido and aikido (Thats the MA's he learned Raoul?) We've seen him practice shooting a perfect hole in a potato chip without damaging the rest of the chip. We've seen him study his team and learn what he can and can't do. Throughout the years we have seen Scott grow instead of the usual "I'm the shiznit just because I am!" routine. I have no problem with him being as great as he is since we've actually been able to see the hard work and dedication he put in to become who he is.

* damn right... Cyke rules! hehehe... smile

emmaandroguefan
To Silke: I checked some of the older post, but couldn't find it. If possible, can U post the direct link so I can see how he cheated out my Rogue, Peace.

peejayd
* the team actually thought that Cyke is Phoenix... they are actually going all out wanting to subdue or pacify "Phoenix" but Cyke used his head and defeated them all, including your Rogue and Shadowcat... peace! smile

Raoul
Here:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v655/pr1983/Cyclops/th_1v6part1.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v655/pr1983/Cyclops/th_1v6part2.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v655/pr1983/Cyclops/th_1v6part3.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v655/pr1983/Cyclops/th_1v6part4.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v655/pr1983/Cyclops/th_1v6part5.jpg

I have most of the Cyclops feats saved to a folder on my pc. if anyone needs any, let me know, and ill get em up as soon as i can.

emmaandroguefan
To Peejayd: WHAT, I can't believe the X-Men though Cyclops was Phoenix

To Raoul: Thanks for the pics and first I will like to say that I accept Rogue's defeat, but however unlike Storm, Wolverine "yes Cyclops kick your ass BIATCH", and Collosus your pics doesn't show how he exactly defeated Anna and Kitty unless throwing Collosus onto Anna was enough to defeat her which I hope it wasn't. Regardless I get the picture, Cyclops defeated his co team mates, but I bet he won't be able to single handed defeat the modern day X-Men ha ha, Peace everyone and thank U

kakuzu
Cyclops is mostly meant for long distance fighting but has taken the time to learn how to fight so he can take on others close up. Technically any one of them can beat Cyclops if not most unless they are dumb enough to

A.Give him distance
B.Give him distance and time to formulate a plan.

Do those two things and he will take it quite easily.

C.Fight him in a room full of mirrors.

peejayd
Originally posted by emmaandroguefan
To Peejayd: WHAT, I can't believe the X-Men though Cyclops was Phoenix

* yes, they thought Cyke was the Phoenix... that was because of the illusion made by Mastermind...

To Raoul: Thanks for the pics and first I will like to say that I accept Rogue's defeat, but however unlike Storm, Wolverine "yes Cyclops kick your ass BIATCH", and Collosus your pics doesn't show how he exactly defeated Anna and Kitty unless throwing Collosus onto Anna was enough to defeat her which I hope it wasn't. Regardless I get the picture, Cyclops defeated his co team mates,

* Shadowcat tackled Cyke... Kitty instinctively phased as they fall and went through the floor... as Kitty materializes, Cyke took her out with a nerve strike...

* Rogue catches the KO'ed Storm (because Cyke hit her with an OB) in the air... Cyke already had his gas mask ready... he orchestrated a setting (via Danger Room remote control) to rain "Oz Poppies" on Rogue... i don't know what the hell it is but it made Rogue faint or unconscious with just a whiff, based on Xavier's records which Cyke read prior to that incident...

but I bet he won't be able to single handed defeat the modern day X-Men ha ha, Peace everyone and thank U

* if Cyke knows their weakness, if he has enough amount of prep, if he also has the luxury to create a setting like the scenario above, i think Cyke can pretty defeat almost everyone...

* actually... in my mind, i was thinking how Cyke can defeat or just buy enough time to pacify the Hulk in the Danger Room... hehehe... stick out tongue

emmaandroguefan
Thank U Peejayd once again. Peace and take care.

Hypester
Cyclops is easily the most dangerous X-Man. In a no holds barred contest, the only X-Man that can beat him is Phoenix, and possibly Nightcrawler if he teleports behind Scott before he can hit him.

When Cyclops is in leader mode, and there aren't any people around to get hurt by his uber power, he's pretty much unstoppable. The fun part about cyclops is that he's utterly insecure and self-loathing, and so, on a bad day, you don't need powers to beat Cyclops. You can just say 'Jean doesn't love you.' and he'll melt like a flower.

Anyone can beat Cyclops, but there's no X-Man who can stand up to his power and tactical genius put together. Fortunately, he doesn't always use either to its full potential because of the kind of person he is.

niduin
ok cyclops is not that tough, he is really good at strategies and all that, however wolverine is a WAY better fighter, cant really be killed, is way faster than him, and also id say that deadpool is about just as good at strategies and wolverine beets deadpool. but again it depends on the situation obviously, if cyclops has higher ground and enough space between them there is little wolverine or anyone (besides nightcrauler and xavior) could do. Bottom line is that the only one that really cant be beten is xavior, he is just way to powerful

Nighty101
Hey now don't put down Jubilee. ok I admit she sux but you have to give her one for hanging in there with the x-men all that time as a 15 year old nearly being possesed. That suked... hmmm ...
Storm would fry him
Logan would slice and dice him
Nightcrawler would teleport his head off
Kitty would get him annoyed and tired by phasing then karate chop (she was a ninja for a short period of time ya know)
Professor Xavier would mind fry him
He would never fight Jean Grey
Well... the PHEONIX. But you can't really consider it an X-Man...
hmm...
wow Cyclops is a weak az

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Nighty101
Hey now don't put down Jubilee. ok I admit she sux but you have to give her one for hanging in there with the x-men all that time as a 15 year old nearly being possesed. That suked... hmmm ...
Storm would fry him
Kitty would get him annoyed and tired by phasing then karate chop (she was a ninja for a short period of time ya know)
hmm...
wow Cyclops is a weak az

No to you.

NC won't teleport his head off, he has beaten Wolverine, Madelyne made him lose to Storm IIRC, Kitty would get blasted the second she becomes tangible. Xavier would get slapped and he would fight Jean.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Hypester
Cyclops is easily the most dangerous X-Man. In a no holds barred contest, the only X-Man that can beat him is Phoenix, and possibly Nightcrawler if he teleports behind Scott before he can hit him.

When Cyclops is in leader mode, and there aren't any people around to get hurt by his uber power, he's pretty much unstoppable. The fun part about cyclops is that he's utterly insecure and self-loathing, and so, on a bad day, you don't need powers to beat Cyclops. You can just say 'Jean doesn't love you.' and he'll melt like a flower.

Anyone can beat Cyclops, but there's no X-Man who can stand up to his power and tactical genius put together. Fortunately, he doesn't always use either to its full potential because of the kind of person he is.

NC loses and Scott is not the most dangerous X-Man. You're going a little too far there. He also isn't affected by Jean taunts.

Raoul
Storm would fry him
hmm...
wow Cyclops is a weak az

cyclops has beaten most of those people before.

Mindset
Wolverine

Nighty101
wei pheonix you are getting about as dum as they come. You know that if Cyke defeated Logan before, Logan will make sure it won't happen again. And Nighty would just annoy him to death. And if Kitty didn't become tangible until she was this close to him she could sucker-punch him and then automatically become intangible again before he could laser her though. Face it. Cyke is the X-Man's weakest Link. Unfortunately a team is only as strong as they're weakest link. Explaining why they never kill anyone. They just beat the crap outa them and leave 'em.

Mindset
wei pheonix you are getting about as dum as they come. You know that if Cyke defeated Logan before, Logan will make sure it won't happen again. And Nighty would just annoy him to death. And if Kitty didn't become tangible until she was this close to him she could sucker-punch him and then automatically become intangible again before he could laser her though. Face it. Cyke is the X-Man's weakest Link. Unfortunately a team is only as strong as they're weakest link. Explaining why they never kill anyone. They just beat the crap outa them and leave 'em. Nope, Cyclops oneshots Logan.

Nighty101
Not to mention I have PROOF that Nighty can teleport heads off. He did it to Deadpool once.

Wei Phoenix
wei pheonix you are getting about as dum as they come. You know that if Cyke defeated Logan before, Logan will make sure it won't happen again.

I wish Logan remembered that the second time he lost to Cyclops.

He has timed Kurt's teleportation and blasted him away. Took care of Kitty before too.

Yes lets make the weakest X-Man the leader. Jubilee should be second in command.

Also what proof do you have of NC teleporting heads off? Under what circumstances would someone who is heavily devoted to the Christian faith kill his friend and leader?

Raoul
wei pheonix you are getting about as dum as they come. You know that if Cyke defeated Logan before, Logan will make sure it won't happen again. And Nighty would just annoy him to death. And if Kitty didn't become tangible until she was this close to him she could sucker-punch him and then automatically become intangible again before he could laser her though. Face it. Cyke is the X-Man's weakest Link. Unfortunately a team is only as strong as they're weakest link. Explaining why they never kill anyone. They just beat the crap outa them and leave 'em.

this was at the top of the page.

Here:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v655/pr1983/Cyclops/th_1v6part1.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v655/pr1983/Cyclops/th_1v6part2.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v655/pr1983/Cyclops/th_1v6part3.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v655/pr1983/Cyclops/th_1v6part4.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v655/pr1983/Cyclops/th_1v6part5.jpg

I have most of the Cyclops feats saved to a folder on my pc. if anyone needs any, let me know, and ill get em up as soon as i can.

peejayd
wei pheonix you are getting about as dum as they come. You know that if Cyke defeated Logan before, Logan will make sure it won't happen again.

* how come Cyke defeated him more than once? roll eyes (sarcastic)

And Nighty would just annoy him to death.

* Cyke already tagged Kurt before...

And if Kitty didn't become tangible until she was this close to him she could sucker-punch him and then automatically become intangible again before he could laser her though.

* sucker-punch? what an honorable way to defeat someone... oh well, Cyke managed to hit a nerve strike to Kitty the moment she unphases...

Face it. Cyke is the X-Man's weakest Link.

* Cyke would never be the weakest link... and Cyke led the X-men to countless victories from past till now...

Unfortunately a team is only as strong as they're weakest link. Explaining why they never kill anyone. They just beat the crap outa them and leave 'em.

* read Messiah CompleX... Cyke is far from being a weak link...

Shadow_King
Not to mention I have PROOF that Nighty can teleport heads off. He did it to Deadpool once.

Wasn't that in the Age of Apocalypse?

Also, Raoul what issue is that from?

Raoul
uncanny x-men 175, iirc.

Wei Phoenix
uncanny x-men 175, iirc.

Let me know when you're ready for PWI quests.

Raoul
Let me know when you're ready for PWI quests.

if you see me on msn, im ready lol...

jdea
I'm only going to sugest the well known characters, as I think (logically) anyone who CAN'T touch (physically or mentally) Cyke CAN'T beat him... as he just has to maintain a good enough distance to keep pummeling them optically, in most cases he'd need one good shot, plus given how good he is at angling his shots if he maintains distance he should not be easy to beat...

Can'ts
Beast, Rogue, Wolverine, Jubilee and even Gambit (his cards only go so far) IF he shot them down before they got to him

Maybes
Collossus-may be tricky as I'm not sure if his beams reflect off of his armor
Nightcrawler-he'll get to him, but then it's about whose the better strategist, and I think Cyke may be

Cans
Storm, Marvel Girl, Psylocke and Prof. X because they can get to him from wherever so it's fair game, plus the latter 3 are telepaths

injuredpelican
Most other X-men and superheroes can beat Cyclops, but he can beat most of them as well. He is more evenly matched with other heroes than people give him credit for. Between his powers, skills, and tactics, Cyclops is always a dangerous opponent. If Wolverine did somehow sneak up behind Cyke, he would indeed be dead. But Cyke has survived this long by being one step ahead of everyone. He can't beat entire teams in a straight fight. He uses whatever resources available to him. There are several heroes he can't do much against. Psychics are the big thing, and teleporters could be difficult to deal with. But one advantage Cyclops always has over everyone is that he's leader of one of the greatest teams ever, and its rare he doesn't have at least one or two of them with him. Its pretty difficult to defeat a general when he's surrounded by his army.

ExodusCloak
Lulz at Scotts jetpack

http://marvel.com/globals/view_generic.htm?filename=/i/content/st/1511new_storyimage4849007_full.jpg

Raoul
Originally posted by ExodusCloak
Lulz at Scotts jetpack

http://marvel.com/globals/view_generic.htm?filename=/i/content/st/1511new_storyimage4849007_full.jpg

ekie0
Bishop > Cyc

peejayd
Originally posted by ekie0
Bishop > Cyc

* what brings? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.