Watchmen 3 hour petition.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

What the f...?
Zach has been under studio pressure, by Warner bros, to make the Watchmen film short. Right now the film sits at around 3 hours. Zach has already said that daunting task seems almost impossible for him and also cuts the depth, characters, and story wathcmen too short, or off completely. So lets show Zach some support here. Please sign the petition, and urge WB to make the runtime 3 hours.

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/Watchmen3hrMoviePetition/index.html

Kazenji
Oh rly ?

and no i'm signing a internet petition they never ****en work.

What the f...?
It doesnt hurt to voice you're oppinion. An online petition isn't much but its an effort, and it shows WB that people care. If you care about the runtime you'll sign it, if you just dont want to sign it, than thats cool.

Almighty Bauer
I 'signed'. I fully believe that Zack Snyder is a real fan of the graphic novel and, if given relative freedom in making the film, could produce something damn good. I appreciate it won't be the graphic novel (no Watchmen adaption can match the source material) but it could be very good nonetheless; it has the potential to challenge at the Academy Awards IF it works out...
This (the petition) will probably come to nothing, but it only took about a minute and at least I'm getting across my opinion, even if it is somewhat optimistic to expect WB to take it seriously...

ragesRemorse
why i would sign an internet petition in the first place is beyond me. PAYING to sign an internet petition is just INSANE!

Almighty Bauer
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
why i would sign an internet petition in the first place is beyond me. PAYING to sign an internet petition is just INSANE!
I did not pay to sign it. I'm not insane. Honest.

roughrider
Warner Bros. has probably made more money the past decade than anyone else, thanks to film series like The Matrix, Harry Potter, Batman & other films like 300. Watchmen shouldn't be about just makng money; it's a prestige project like V For Vendetta. You make it because it's a great story that makes you think. If they think they make a little bit more by cutting the length down from 3 hours, that's foolish.

Kazenji
Well if its happening lets hope they bring out the extended edition on DVD.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Almighty Bauer
I did not pay to sign it. I'm not insane. Honest.

why did it try to charge me?

Internet hates me sad

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by roughrider
Warner Bros. has probably made more money the past decade than anyone else, thanks to film series like The Matrix, Harry Potter, Batman & other films like 300. Watchmen shouldn't be about just makng money; it's a prestige project like V For Vendetta. You make it because it's a great story that makes you think. If they think they make a little bit more by cutting the length down from 3 hours, that's foolish.

Yeah, and that's why the Wachowskis turned V for Vendetta from a deep, paranoid tale of fascism, anarchy and oppression in England into an anti-Bush propaganda show; because they wanted to make you think...about the original story.

-AC

Almighty Bauer
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
why did it try to charge me?

Internet hates me sad
You signed, right? Then it asks for a donation. I just closed it. They still emailed me to thank me for signing or whatever. The service itself is free...

roughrider
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Yeah, and that's why the Wachowskis turned V for Vendetta from a deep, paranoid tale of fascism, anarchy and oppression in England into an anti-Bush propaganda show; because they wanted to make you think...about the original story.

-AC

Alpha Centauri
You got an argument or not?

-AC

Dr Hackenbush
You got an argument or not?

-AC

Alan Moore is that you?

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Dr Hackenbush
Alan Moore is that you?

Ok, let's get this over with.

You've recently come out of the woodwork and already you're replying to everything I have to say in any popular thread rather than contribute your own opinion.

So let's solve this now; what do you want?

-AC

Endrict Nuul

You've recently come out of the woodwork and already you're replying to everything I have to say in any popular thread rather than contribute your own opinion.

-AC

Just put the guy on ignore like I do.

Dr Hackenbush

-AC

No, No, No. You misunderstand. Why would I contribute my opinion in a thread where Alpha Centauri posts? Your Reputation surpasses you. If I go on 3 paragraph tangent about this film, you'll go on a 6 paragraph tangent about it. So I meerly made a jab toward your pessimistic outlook on this movie, which mirrors that of Alan Moore. So firstly, contributing my opinion is a waste of breath, and secondly, why bother if the movie's not even going to be made. I believe we've solved this, and I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't to your liking.

Badabing
laughing out loud

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Dr Hackenbush
No, No, No. You misunderstand. Why would I contribute my opinion in a thread where Alpha Centauri posts? Your Reputation surpasses you. If I go on 3 paragraph tangent about this film, you'll go on a 6 paragraph tangent about it. So I meerly made a jab toward your pessimistic outlook on this movie, which mirrors that of Alan Moore. So firstly, contributing my opinion is a waste of breath, and secondly, why bother if the movie's not even going to be made. I believe we've solved this, and I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't to your liking.

And all of that would be why you're not here, not wasting time posting in the same thread as someone who is not worth said time, wouldn't it?

Also, why does my opinion mirroring Alan Moore mean anything here? I happen to share the opinion of the man who wrote one of the best pieces of literature ever, regarding Hollywoodisation of his novels which have all failed miserably so far. Woe betide.

-AC

Dr Hackenbush
And all of that would be why you're not here, not wasting time posting in the same thread as someone who is not worth said time, wouldn't it?

Also, why does my opinion mirroring Alan Moore mean anything here? I happen to share the opinion of the man who wrote one of the best pieces of literature ever, regarding Hollywoodisation of his novels which have all failed miserably so far. Woe betide.

-AC

How can I waste your time on a forum, honestly AC, I expected....better? from you... barker

Alpha Centauri
Well I've disappointed you, and that's just another reason for you to no longer waste our time by replying to me isn't it?

You won't, so save face and just admit that you wish to find something in my posts to debate with, we can then debate, and you can do the "I'm tired of you." and move on. At least let's get it over with.

-AC

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.