question about a scene from the extended version

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Fire
at the council scene, gandalf starts speaking the languages of mordor
when he has finished elrond responds: "never before has any voice uttered the words of that tongue here, and now comes the part I dont understand cause I think it's elven and im ladres"

or something like that can anyone tell me what im ladres means?

mah
not on the top of my head, but I'll check it out

Mujaffa
the words/tounge of Mordor had never ever been uttered in thoose parts of middle earth

Julie
I have no clue...I haven't even seen the SE.....but I thought Gandalf didn't want to be speaking the language of the land of Mordor?

webby
my first post, and i believe the word is actually

Imladris

i believe it is another name for rivendell (and/or surrounding area), in one of the elvish tounges. dont quote me on that by the way big grin

mah
true dat, it's Imladris.
and welcome

webby
cheers for teh welcome Mah. just checked up in som online atlas and Imladris is another name for rivendell.

hi to all by the way

webby

Dexx
hi

decent
Downloaded a Sindarin dictionary today so it was just a sweet thing to check up. smile At least the word "Imlad" is translated as "narrow valley with steep sides".

mah
could you give a link to that, I'm wondering if it's the same as I have

bellsat5foot
Hi all,

This is my first time in a chat room. Does anyone know what director Peter Jackson is eating during his cameo roll in Bree? Apparantly the hobbits enter the city and he is there as they walk through the gate. He is eating something but I'm not sure what it is? If anyone knows it would be cool to find out.

Thx

mah
hi
that would be a carrot

Mithrandir
IMladrais is the name of Rivindell

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.