Candyman REMAKE

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

deathbycorn
Sony are thinking about doing a remake of Candyman. I have to say that this is one remake I'll NEVER see. Same with The Monster Squad remake. There is just no need for them. Candyman was only made in 1992 so its only like 15 years old. What the hell happened to Candyman 4? They should make a sequel instead of a remake.

steverules
They ran outta idea's so they go to plan B....remake

MildPossession
How long ago a film was made doesn't matter at all to these people, see Quarantine(remake of REC) for the ultimate in the ridiculous time frame...

Candyman is one film that does not need a remake, it's a perfect Horror film, truely creepy.

deathbycorn
I can kind of expect it with Foreign films - The Host gave us Cloverfield, ILS gave us The Strangers, now Rec has given us Quarantine. But yeah remakes should be at least 30 years old. 80s movies don't need to be remade and 90s movies sure as hell don't need remakes.

I love the atmosphere in the original Candyman.

kodak
Tony Todd w00t

Dr. Leg Kick
Originally posted by steverules
They ran outta idea's so they go to plan B....remake i think Plan A was remake. Plan B is thinking of new ideas.

steverules
Originally posted by Dr. Leg Kick
i think Plan A was remake. Plan B is thinking of new ideas.

Hmmm so they take the easy way out

Evil Dead
I look forward to a remake. Good modern story.........good villain, movie does kind of drag though. I'd like to see it remade with better pacing, more backstory for Candyman. Todd does have to reprise the role though.........

MildPossession
Wow The Host was vastly different to Cloverfield... only similar thing was a monster attacking a city(and in The Host we more or less knew how the monster came about). And films have done that way before The Host did. Influenced by The Host I can believe though.

I adore The Host, and didn't think much of Cloverfield, but it's not close to a remake at all. There is a Host remake coming, unless they have decided to put a can on it because Cloverfield came out. Let's hope.

The Host sequel is on the way though from Korea.

I give you The Strangers, someone on here told me it was really similar, I have yet to see it though. Ils I have, great French film, almost looks like Eden Lake will be influenced by it.

BruceSkywalker
The original Candyman was good and I've always liked Tony Todd's work. But yet another remake with a plot not unlike the original. If this is actuallt gonna be done I hope Tony Todd has a cameo appearance.

deathbycorn
Originally posted by MildPossession

I give you The Strangers, someone on here told me it was really similar, I have yet to see it though. Ils I have, great French film, almost looks like Eden Lake will be influenced by it.

When The Strangers IMDB page first came online, it WAS a ILS remake. But I think something happened in the deal process and the producers of ILS wouldn't let Bertino remake it. (I haven't seen The Strangers and haven't been reading up on it cause I want to see it) But I think Bertino has just remade it anyway. An unofficial remake. I guess I'll find out at the end of The Strangers!!

Eden Lake and While She Was Out look VERY similar.

And yeah I meant The Host influenced Cloverfield.

Röland
Speaking of Ils, it's sitting on my DVD stand. I have yet to watch it. laughing

Bat Dude
Like I said before... Must they remake EVERYTHING?

cropsy_is_god
People should just stop watching these pathetic remakes so no more get made. I seriously am starting to hate the horror genre because of what hollywood is doing to it.

MildPossession
I think it got deleted for some insane reason... so if it's about and I missed just ignore if already read.

How many more times are we going to get your anti-remake rant?

deathbycorn
He should just stop watching American horror films.

steverules
Originally posted by Bat Dude
Like I said before... Must they remake EVERYTHING?

Only the good stuff

cropsy_is_god
Mildpossession If you were talking to me about anti horror remakes. Your gonna hear more coz we all have to putup with anything you say

Anyone dumb enough to watch one of these f**king remakes deserves to be ripped off. America sucks for mainstream horror films but there are people out there who will lap up everything these 'filmmakers shite out'

MildPossession
You don't have to come into the repeat topics if you hate certain films so much, it's quite simple you know.

Someone who likes to watch remakes doesn't mean they are dumb, I watch remakes(most of the time for free) and I'm far from dumb thank you, and I would think the same for most on here.

What I find dumb is judging a film completely without watching it.

We know you don't like remakes, so you don't have to go on and on about it. It's not going to stop people watching remakes.

Wolfie
Candyman is too recent for a remake. And it didn't capture mainstream audiences in the '90s, what makes Sony think it'll capture them now?

Tony Todd was ace in Candyman. Anyone that tries to imitate this role (or any other of Todd's roles) would just be kidding himself.

MildPossession
Doesn't matter how recent the film is to the companies, they are remaking films that are only just one year old now.

mrblue
this is off topic but there already rebooting Spiderman, so i honestly wouldnt doubt if this gets remade in a year or 2.. shit i wouldnt even doubt if they remake Saw a couple years after that franchise ends.

MildPossession
Yep, a British actor called Andrew Garfield is taking over from Maguire as Spiderman. Brilliant actor.

mrblue
Originally posted by MildPossession
Yep, a British actor called Andrew Garfield is taking over from Maguire as Spiderman. Brilliant actor.
i atill think its a pointless reboot regardless.

MildPossession
I'm not fussed about the Raimi Spiderman movies, didn't think much of them. So welcome a reboot. smile

K.Diddy
whistle Pretty sure there like a whole forum to talk about spider man

MildPossession
I'm not going into there just to mention something about the remake. stick out tongue

Spiderman end.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.