Despero vs. Sentry

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

the Darkone
Despero

vs.

Sentry

fangirl101
Despero. Every Time.

Starscream M
The being who stalemated the mighty Galactus with the power of a thousand suns wins this.

Mindset
lol

iceman24567
Originally posted by Starscream M
The being who stalemated the mighty Galactus with the power of a thousand suns wins this. He totally takes this because he stalemated Galactus but wait didn't he lose to the Hulk? Galactus is weaker than WWH??? eek!

Blax_Hydralisk
Originally posted by iceman24567
He totally takes this because he stalemated Galactus but wait didn't he lose to the Hulk? Galactus is weaker than WWH??? eek!

I thought they stalemated...

CaptainStoic
Sentry stopped Terrax's axe with one hand with a smile on his face, and this is the same axe that cut a planet in half at the end of Annihilation. Sentry isn't as weak as some are making him out to be.

Mr. Slippyfist
Originally posted by CaptainStoic
Sentry stopped Terrax's axe with one hand with a smile on his face, and this is the same axe that cut a planet in half at the end of Annihilation. Sentry isn't as weak as some are making him out to be. You mean Terrax destroyed a planet when the planet tried to stop his hand from gaining momentum when the ax was over his head?

CaptainStoic
Clever but as the axe was stopped by The Sentry, it had all of the momentum that it did when he hit the planet, and turned it to dust.

Remember Bob stood there, while Terrax did all of the moving!

Mr. Slippyfist
Clever but as the axe was stopped by The Sentry, it had all of the momentum that it did when he hit the planet, and turned it to dust.

Remember Bob stood there, while Terrax did all of the moving! He wasn't able to reach the full momentum as it was above his head when it was stopped. Plus, Terrax hit the planet with his axe end and apparently energy, so, it's not even remotely close to a comparison, anyway you want to spin it.

Meaning...

Mindset
Originally posted by Mr. Slippyfist
He wasn't able to reach the full momentum as it was above his head when it was stopped. Plus, Terrax hit the planet with his axe end and apparently energy, so, it's not even remotely close to a comparison, anyway you want to spin it.

Meaning...SENTRY OWNZ DESPERO!!1

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Scoobless
SENTRY OWNZ DESPERO!!1

You're probably right.

Priest
Sentry smile

carver9
Sentry 8/10. I could actually see sentry standing there withstanding all of despero's assault.

Estacado
Despero 10/10

Endrict Nuul
Originally posted by Starscream M
The being who stalemated the mighty Galactus with the power of a thousand suns wins this.

laughing laughing

Endrict Nuul
Originally posted by Estacado
Despero 10/10

iceman24567
Despero 10/10 Easily everytime.

Scoobless
Easily everytime.

Nah.

iceman24567
Originally posted by Scoobless
Nah. Yeah i know super easily everytime my mistake. wink

carver9
Yeah i know super easily everytime my mistake. wink

do you still have me on ignore?

Scoobless
Yeah i know super easily everytime my mistake. wink

Nuh uh.

no

Estacado
Nuh uh.

no
Sentry doesn't have heat vision so he is ****ed....uhuh

iceman24567
Originally posted by carver9
do you still have me on ignore? I was way too lazy to even put you on ignore to be 100% honest bro but seriously even with Bobs amazing mental abilities he can't be on The Martian Manhunter and Aquaman's level combined can he? Despero is on another level when it comes to telepathy.

Scoobless
I was way too lazy to even put you on ignore to be 100% honest bro but seriously even with Bobs amazing mental abilities he can't be on The Martian Manhunter and Aquaman's level combined can he? Despero is on another level when it comes to telepathy.

When he erases the memories of everyone on the planet, let me know.

stick out tongue

Sentry doesn't have heat vision so he is ****ed....uhuh

Doesn't need it (but he probably has some decent energy blasts)

Estacado

stick out tongue

Doesn't need it (but he probably has some decent energy blasts)
Like?haermm

carver9
I was way too lazy to even put you on ignore to be 100% honest bro but seriously even with Bobs amazing mental abilities he can't be on The Martian Manhunter and Aquaman's level combined can he? Despero is on another level when it comes to telepathy.

I agree with that but Im picturing this being a physical fight in which sentry would dominate like he dominated everyone else (except the hulk but honestly I think that the WWH is >>> despero).

Estacado
I agree with that but Im picturing this being a physical fight in which sentry would dominate like he dominated everyone else (except the hulk but honestly I think that the WWH is >>> despero).
So in your opinion Sentry or WWH could beat Superman ,Captain Marvel,Wonder Woman and Power Girl at the same time without breaking a sweat?

iceman24567
I agree with that but Im picturing this being a physical fight in which sentry would dominate like he dominated everyone else (except the hulk but honestly I think that the WWH is >>> despero). It really depends on which Despero. The lame Despero probably would get tossed but Despero in his prime is above both Sentry and WWH.

Mr. Slippyfist
So in your opinion Sentry or WWH could beat Superman ,Captain Marvel,Wonder Woman and Power Girl at the same time without breaking a sweat? Don't.

Because I don't want to hear Carver's answer. no expression

iceman24567

stick out tongue

Doesn't need it (but he probably has some decent energy blasts) So you seriously think Bob > Despero in a tp battle? Wow I'm amazed. eek!

carver9
So in your opinion WWH could beat Superman ,Captain Marvel,Wonder Woman and Power Girl at the same time without breaking a sweat?

Estacado, why did you have to take it this far, it seem like you do this everytime you post against me. Your using abc logic. Wolverine has taken on the entire xmen by himself but colossus fell from a blast from cyclops but I know for a fact that colossus can beat wolverine. Spiderman took on the entire xmen and did good but when he fought wolverine alone he almost got killed. Do you see how abc logic fail, just because hulk cant repeat the process that despero has done dont mean that he cant BEAT despero.

Estacado
Estacado, why did you have to take it this far, it seem like you do this everytime you post against me. Your using abc logic. Wolverine has taken on the entire xmen by himself but colossus fell from a blast from cyclops but I know for a fact that colossus can beat wolverine. Spiderman took on the entire xmen and did good but when he fought wolverine alone he almost got killed. Do you see how abc logic fail, just because hulk cant repeat the process that despero has done dont mean that he cant BEAT despero.
Despero is a team buster. no expression
He takes on multiple teams and never loses against in a phisical fight he only get's beaten after they find a plot device against him.

carver9
So in your opinion Sentry or WWH could beat Superman ,Captain Marvel,Wonder Woman and Power Girl at the same time without breaking a sweat?

By the way what showings did wwh have to make you think that the team that you created could even drop him without bfring. He might could repeat what despero did to the jla. Remember, hulk did walk through black bolt scream which is>>>any attack that the entire jla can even muster.

fangirl101
Despero recently talked trash about the JLA. He says they are weak. He's beaten them before. Do you guys not know that Despero's physical level changes with each host. iF he's in his original body, They won't be able to take him at all. His TP and Physical Powers put him on a level near thanos when in his prime. Sentry cannot possibly beat Despero any times out of ten.

Estacado
Don't.

By the way what showings did wwh have to make you think that the team that you created could even drop him without bfring. He might could repeat what despero did to the jla. Remember, hulk did walk through black bolt scream which is>>>any attack that the entire jla can even muster.
haermm

carver9
Despero is a team buster. no expression
He takes on multiple teams and never loses against in a phisical fight he only get's beaten after they find a plot device against him.

I agree, despero is a team buster but so is hulk, hell wolverine is even a team buster. Hell, deathstroke destroys the titans on a regular basis. Being a team buster dont mean that you can physcally beat anyone who approach you. I have yet to see surfer take down a team but Im pretty sure that he will beat the hell out of despero.

fangirl101
**** no. The JLA have GL's, zatanna, firestorm, superman, wonder woman, etc. BB's scream is being OVERRATED.

Mr. Slippyfist
Originally posted by fangirl101
Despero recently talked trash about the JLA. I got to start reading Trinity.

fangirl101
I agree, despero is a team buster but so is hulk, hell wolverine is even a team buster. Hell, deathstroke destroys the titans on a regular basis. Being a team buster dont mean that you can physcally beat anyone who approach you. I have yet to see surfer take down a team but Im pretty sure that he will beat the hell out of despero.
What the **** are you talking about? Sentry can't beat Superman or wonder woman. How would he be able to beat someone who can beat Those two plus power girl, hour man, and captain marvel and hawkman? are you serious? Please tell me you are just doing this for kicks.

fangirl101
I got to start reading Trinity.
It's a good read. Enigma, Morgan, and Despero are seeming to be far more powerful than thier counter parts.

Mr. Slippyfist
It's a good read. Enigma, Morgan, and Despero are seeming to be far more powerful than thier counter parts. It sounds good, but Countdown's the only reason I haven't really read any.

Estacado
It's a good read. Enigma, Morgan, and Despero are seeming to be far more powerful than thier counter parts.
In which issues did Despero appear?

fangirl101
It sounds good, but Countdown's the only reason I haven't really read any.
Countdown is being used in my rest room as toilet paper. Trinity is a much better read. has more mystery. And it's actually a cosmic story. It's got krona and despero and some wierd shit happening to one of the gl's. Konvict was uber and isn't out of the picture yet. And the art is sometimes good. At least the first half of the book. 2nd half looks like a 5 year old at wendy's on a happy meal drawing thingy.

fangirl101
In which issues did Despero appear?
Off top of my head he's been in it since around the 3rd or 4th. Morgan and enigma needed a powerful alien for thier "trinity". He talked shit about the Superman and Wondy saying they weren't powerful at all. he's beaten them. He was actually talking about the trinity and batman. But batman isn't powerful anyway.

Endrict Nuul
Don't.

Than just stick him ignore like I do.

The Pict
Despero was rushed by Superman, Wonder Woman, Captain Marvel, Power Girl and Hourman at the same time and he put them all down.

WWH hasn't shown to have superior strength any of them (besides Hourman) and Sentry could only stalemate him.

Despero takes the majority.

Sin I AM
even though its completely off topic, imo WWH has/had greater strength than any member of that^^ JLA roster, this is not to say however that he would be able to beat Despero especially in his prime for he is a beast

back on topic, Sentry sucks, he has yet to impress me in anyway whatsoever...he is too fickle to take on Despero

Despero 10/10 everytime

Grinning Goku
Despero wins.

CaptainStoic
In all fairness wouldn't it be a bad idea to mind rape Sentry? Wouldn't he become even more dangerous, if he lost control of his powers?

His manefestation of the Void was unaffected by some pretty powerful guys. Dr. Strange, Black Bolt and the Inhumans, Namor, Ironman and the Avengers, the Fantastic Four... all were unable to stop the manefestation that of the Void that Bob erected as a mental defense.

The Void was unaffected by their combined assault.

iceman24567
In all fairness wouldn't it be a bad idea to mind rape Sentry? Wouldn't he become even more dangerous, if he lost control of his powers?

His manefestation of the Void was unaffected by some pretty powerful guys. Dr. Strange, Black Bolt and the Inhumans, Namor, Ironman and the Avengers, the Fantastic Four... all were unable to stop the manefestation that of the Void that Bob erected as a mental defense.

The Void was unaffected by their combined assault. Despero in his prime would take out the Void too.

The Pict

The Void was unaffected by their combined assault.

More like if Sentry's mind gets messed with he'll leave the fight like he's done before IMO.

I only read/seen the Void when Sentry first appeared and wasn't really that impressed. A bit of an anti-climax, weren't Spiderman, Cap taking the fight to parts of him?

Maybe the Void has done a lot worse that I haven't seen but i doubt someone above Superman in strength (I think) and who has crazy durability even by DC's standards will be too troubled.

CaptainStoic
Originally posted by The Pict
More like if Sentry's mind gets messed with he'll leave the fight like he's done before IMO.

I only read/seen the Void when Sentry first appeared and wasn't really that impressed. A bit of an anti-climax, weren't Spiderman, Cap taking the fight to parts of him?

Maybe the Void has done a lot worse that I haven't seen but i doubt someone above Superman in strength (I think) and who has crazy durability even by DC's standards will be too troubled.

You are referring to the CLOC incident that Ironman hacked into causing Sentry to lose control of his objective correct?

For some reason I just don't see Despero defeating the Void, but that is just my opinion as you have yours.

Despero in his prime would take out the Void too.

That is a bold statement, and one which is entirely up for debate. Despero does have more feats than the Void, but how would Despero hurt a being that he can not touch or affect? A being that broke every bone in the Hulk's body? Like I said no one can say for certain who would win, but stating things like Despero would win 10/10 against someone with Sentry's unique powerset looks like pure bias to me.

Genis Vell a true power house was unable to stop him, the Collective had to resort to cheapness to get Bob off of his case, Dr. Doom's ancient magics could not stop Sentry from breaching his defenses in 2 seconds, and was told by Stark prior to this that should Bob lose control he would kill him without even knowing he had done so, Containning a cosmic cube on durability and strength alone.

The Void as I pointed out resisted all that was thrown against him, and even though Captain America and Spiderman appeared to be "taking the fight to parts of him" as Pict mentioned, would have done nothing to stop a creature who could not even feel Colossus, Namor, and the Things blows... not to mention being completely resistant to Dr. Strange's magics, and Black Bolts screams.

didn't Black Bolt as a Skrull rip a section of the moon off the size on an island when he blasted King Hulk?

I am not saying who would win, but just giving the Sentry his props.

iceman24567
Despero took on the combined assault of the Jla and the Jsa that is enough to give him the win against Bob. Sure he the Sentry has some good feats but lets face it he can be hurt by brute force and if Despero can take it to the most powerful beings on Dc earth Bob has 0 chances of winning this. I am talking about Despero in his prime by the way.

CaptainStoic
When you say members of the JSA can you tell me which ones? Surely you are not saying KC Superman was part of this team? I can't launch a decent argument for the Sentry yet because all I see is him holding back. The Void is when he does not hold back, but there just isn't enough exposure on him to say anything, so all I can do is agree with you half way. I can't throw out the higher feats that the Senrty/Void has shown, and in an encounter with someone with Despero's powers he would bring the Void out of Sentry by mistake, by attempting to take him over, as he is so prone to do.

This battle has me stumped, but I will not blindly say that Despero would take the Sentry, because he has put down Superman.... The Sentry and Superman have very different powers. The only thing they have in common is that they can fly at light speed are durable as hell, and have super strength... but aside from that Sentry is a two in one character, and his darker side seems to be more willing to cut lose than the lighter side.

I can appreciate what you are saying because both of these teams alone (JLA/JSA) are nothing to take lightly, but the Void was also feared to be able to destory the entire marvel 616 Earth with or without all of it's Hero's trying to stop him.

What we have here is a connundrum, because unlike many people on KMC I believe that Marvel Heros are as powerful as their DC counterparts. no expression

Mr. Slippyfist
What we have here is a connundrum, because unlike many people on KMC I believe that Marvel Heros are as powerful as their DC counterparts. no expression Wouldn't that contradict your entire stance on this battle?

fangirl101
When you say members of the JSA can you tell me which ones? Surely you are not saying KC Superman was part of this team? I can't launch a decent argument for the Sentry yet because all I see is him holding back. The Void is when he does not hold back, but there just isn't enough exposure on him to say anything, so all I can do is agree with you half way. I can't throw out the higher feats that the Senrty/Void has shown, and in an encounter with someone with Despero's powers he would bring the Void out of Sentry by mistake, by attempting to take him over, as he is so prone to do.

This battle has me stumped, but I will not blindly say that Despero would take the Sentry, because he has put down Superman.... The Sentry and Superman have very different powers. The only thing they have in common is that they can fly at light speed are durable as hell, and have super strength... but aside from that Sentry is a two in one character, and his darker side seems to be more willing to cut lose than the lighter side.

I can appreciate what you are saying because both of these teams alone (JLA/JSA) are nothing to take lightly, but the Void was also feared to be able to destory the entire marvel 616 Earth with or without all of it's Hero's trying to stop him.

What we have here is a connundrum, because unlike many people on KMC I believe that Marvel Heros are as powerful as their DC counterparts. no expression
Even if you believe marvel heroes are as powerful as thier dc counter parts, then you'd still have to give despero the win. He beats Teams of "Counter" Parts. And Despero has not only uber strength, Uber TP, and Teleportation powers as well. He'd just smash sentry. Unless you think Sentry can take the combined assault of captain marvel, power girl, superman, hawkman, wonder woman, and hour man. Even the rock of eternity was not enough to put Despero down.

bbrem123
Even if you believe marvel heroes are as powerful as thier dc counter parts, then you'd still have to give despero the win. He beats Teams of "Counter" Parts. And Despero has not only uber strength, Uber TP, and Teleportation powers as well. He'd just smash sentry. Unless you think Sentry can take the combined assault of captain marvel, power girl, superman, hawkman, wonder woman, and hour man. Even the rock of eternity was not enough to put Despero down.

i agree that despero would take this...but arnt sentry and the void equally as powerful as eachother?...cuz void took out a large amount of heroes without any effort...and if this is true then it might be a little closer of a fight then u think

CaptainStoic
Wouldn't that contradict your entire stance on this battle?

Not really because I am unsure as to what Despero wold unleash if he attempted to take over Bob's mind.... I'm basically left with a big fat...?

fangirl101
Originally posted by bbrem123
i agree that despero would take this...but arnt sentry and the void equally as powerful as eachother?...cuz void took out a large amount of heroes without any effort...and if this is true then it might be a little closer of a fight then u think No it's not a closer fight than I think. Because Superman has Taken on the JLA. And he's gotten pwned By Despero in like 2 punches.

CaptainStoic
How resilient is Wonder Woman to telepathic coercion?

Mr. Slippyfist
Not really because I am unsure as to what Despero wold unleash if he attempted to take over Bob's mind.... I'm basically left with a big fat...? Well, you think that Marvel>DC in terms of top tiers. Yes?

Despero was beating like 4 top tiers at a time. Sentry would apparently be a top tier. Yes?

You think Sentry could give Despero a good fight, and are unsure of the outcome. Yes?

It all seems a little contradicting to me.

bbrem123
No it's not a closer fight than I think. Because Superman has Taken on the JLA. And he's gotten pwned By Despero in like 2 punches.

void took out much more then one team of heroes...ur statement means nothing

fangirl101
void took out much more then one team of heroes...ur statement means nothing
And who exactly were on these teams? Bunches of high level heroes.

bbrem123
And who exactly were on these teams? Bunches of high level heroes.

please read other peoples post before posting somethin like this...CaptainStoic has already said who he fought...y would i state it again???

fangirl101
please read other peoples post before posting somethin like this...CaptainStoic has already said who he fought...y would i state it again???
again. How many were high level heroes?

bbrem123
again. How many were high level heroes?

u want me to count for u now?? im sure u kno who is affiliated with these teams

i dont see what ur getting at?...supes beats the JLA without even being fazed? i dont think so...

OneDumbG0
I think what both sides are forgetting, is that while Virtue and Vice Despero was quite teh awesome... current Despero really isn't. I mean... getting bitten by sharks and defeated by a single shot of heat-vision is pretty hard to banish from the mind. Can't really blame anyone for focusing on the current and sorry state that Despero is in. I still think his tp would win the day though against Bob...

... of course, that'd leave him crap out of luck when the Void appears. But this isn't Despero vs Void anyway.

fangirl101
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
I think what both sides are forgetting, is that while Virtue and Vice Despero was quite teh awesome... current Despero really isn't. I mean... getting bitten by sharks and defeated by a single shot of heat-vision is pretty hard to banish from the mind. Can't really blame anyone for focusing on the current and sorry state that Despero is in. I still think his tp would win the day though against Bob...

... of course, that'd leave him crap out of luck when the Void appears. But this isn't Despero vs Void anyway.
Um. Sorry to disapoint, but current despero is more powerful than the guy who lost to heat vision. even that despero was pretty much handing superman his ass in hand to hand. Did you not know that Despero changes with each host body? I'm sure you didn't.

OneDumbG0
^ And what feats from Trinity Despero leads you to believe he is more powerful than the "bit-by-sharks-one-shotted-by-heat-vision" Despero we were treated to in his last two appearances?

fangirl101
^ And what feats from Trinity Despero leads you to believe he is more powerful than the "bit-by-sharks-one-shotted-by-heat-vision" Despero we were treated to in his last two appearances?
actually i thought Vand V and superman batman were his last two appearances. And what makes me think despero is more powerful is the fact that he talks shit about the trinity. And that the first two of the trinity seemed to be more powerful than thier counter parts. And if it suits you to think it's logical that despero would be kicking superman's ass in hand to hand and then get one shotted by heat vision, then by all means, feel free to argue on that. good luck with that.

TricksterPriest
How resilient is Wonder Woman to telepathic coercion?

Immune. TK works, but she's immune to TP via divine gifts.

CaptainStoic
Well, you think that Marvel>DC in terms of top tiers. Yes?

Despero was beating like 4 top tiers at a time. Sentry would apparently be a top tier. Yes?

You think Sentry could give Despero a good fight, and are unsure of the outcome. Yes?

It all seems a little contradicting to me.

No you don't get my point, Despero is almost always seen mucking with someones mind, it just came naturally for me to think that he would mess up and unbottle the Void.... I am just unsure if what he unleashes would not kill him, or if he could handle the Void within his median levels.

Oh! and no I don't believe that all Marvel top tiers are more powerful than DC top tiers, in my honest opinion Superman is more powerful than Thor without the Odin force, while being a little bit more powerful than Gladiator or equal to him.

I never once said who I think would win this fight, because Despero fighting the Sentry isn't a good mix... too many variables to consider. Hope that cleared it up a little.

CaptainStoic
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Immune. TK works, but she's immune to TP via divine gifts.

You know something I asked that question in the wrong thread, I was asking because I was wondering if Thanos would have a mental angle that he might be able to foothold.

Aztec123
Sentry uses his heat vision. no expression

Mr. Slippyfist
Originally posted by Aztec123
Sentry uses his heat vision. no expression Don't rape me make you.

OneDumbG0
actually i thought Vand V and superman batman were his last two appearances. And what makes me think despero is more powerful is the fact that he talks shit about the trinity. And that the first two of the trinity seemed to be more powerful than thier counter parts. And if it suits you to think it's logical that despero would be kicking superman's ass in hand to hand and then get one shotted by heat vision, then by all means, feel free to argue on that. good luck with that. His last two appearances were in Crisis of Conscience and the aforementioned Enemies Among Us storylines. And as you confirm, Despero hasn't done anything in Trinity but talk garbage so far. Villains talk garbage all the time. Mere self-aggrandizing without action is no legitimate measure of power.

comicfan11
I'm going with Despero.

tkitna
Despero is a team wrecker with high top-tiers on those teams. By using this ABC logic, I have to side with him.

I'm just anxious to see what Sentry/Void is going to do to the Skrulls. Maybe he'll beat up Red Hulk too if we're lucky.

OneDumbG0
^ Since your talking about Sentry/Void, do you personally count the Void as a legitimate factor in any of Sentry's fights?

RageOfTheGods
Sentry from the Mini-Series is Sentry's best showings and how he was intended to be.......based on that he destroys Despero even in Despero's better showings.......that version would should destroy Hulk as well.........

Sentry in his other appearances is severely inconsistent as is Despero.......their power levels really vary.......their inconsistency makes it really hard to gauge their power level but I give Sentry the majority facing Despero and some of his weaker showings.....but I think if Despero uses his telepathy though and goes all out right from the beginning he could pull of a win.......but using telepathy on Sentry could unleash the Void which would not be pretty.......

geshien
Don't rape me make you.

Okay.

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by RageOfTheGods
Sentry from the Mini-Series easily destroys Despero.......that version would should destroy Hulk as well.........

Sentry in his other appearances is severely inconsistent as is Despero.......their power levels really vary........

I would give Sentry the slight majority based on his better showings......if Despero uses his telepathy though and goes all out right from the beginning he takes this.......but using telepathy on Sentry could unleash the Void which would not be pretty....... In your opinion, how exactly do Sentry's power levels vary inconsistently?

RageOfTheGods
In your opinion, how exactly do Sentry's power levels vary inconsistently?

Really need to ask that? Well he can go blow for blow with World War Hulk but cannot lift up a hellicarrier.........that is a decent example.......it is as if each writer in Marvel has his own personal pen, pencil and Sentry....

The Mini-Series Sentry was portrayed to be really powerful......he apparently "Stalemated Galactus" (Galans' power varies because of his hunger though)...........

Sentry has potential to be a great character but he needs to have a set power level...........

I dislike how he can struggle with something that ways what 100,000 tons but can go blow for blow with someone who has held a planet together........

Anyways just my opinion.........

OneDumbG0
Really need to ask that? Well he can go blow for blow with World War Hulk but cannot lift up a hellicarrier.........that is a decent example.......it is as if each writer in Marvel has his own personal pen, pencil and Sentry....

The Mini-Series Sentry was portrayed to be really powerful......he apparently "Stalemated Galactus" (Galans' power varies because of his hunger though)...........

Sentry has potential to be a great character but he needs to have a set power level...........

I dislike how he can struggle with something that ways what 100,000 tons but can go blow for blow with someone who has held a planet together........

Anyways just my opinion......... When characters don't have tactile kinesis, pushing with all your might will only leave a body-shaped hole in a hull that is falling at terminal velocity.

Nobody ever takes stock in Sentry stalemating Galactus.

It is just your opinion. And if it's based on the helicarrier scene alone, well then I guess Thor and Gladiator are weaklings since they couldn't stop this plane from crashing in an instant due to a semblance of real world physics that Marvel regularly employs. The fact that they mightily struggle to prevent the plane from being ripped to shreds must mean they are far weaker than class 100, right? Or maybe the scans speak for themselves and hopefully give you an idea of why the Sentry helicarrier feat is probably the most misunderstood scene here on KMC forums:

http://img355.imageshack.us/img355/9087/vsglads2e1ec0vy.jpg
http://img355.imageshack.us/img355/2328/vsglads2f1mk7wd.jpg

Say it with me. "Marvel comics does not employ tactile kinesis to allow characters to lift up objects that would collapse under their own weight or stop objects from falling whose surface could never conceivably support the weight of the object." Marvel comics does not employ tactile kinesis. DC comics does. It's part of several characters' powerset where people like Superman they can hold up half a building and have that entire weight be supported by a single glass window pane:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=10825586

tkitna
^ Since your talking about Sentry/Void, do you personally count the Void as a legitimate factor in any of Sentry's fights?

Eh, good question. I do to the point that when Bob is being the Sentry, he is constantly on guard to keep the Void and his powers under control and this causes him to come across as less than what he could be. When he flips out, some semblance of the Void usually surfaces and thats when Bob starts raping people.

If the Void is a mere mental projection from Bob, then his mind is stupid powerful. Look out if he ever learns to use it. Something else is going on though. He brought Lindy back to life and thats crazy unless of course that she's a mental projection also. Anyways, it makes you wonder what his true potential can be if the Void was casually swatting around Strange, the X-Men, and the other Avengers like that. Hard to say.

Guess my final answer would be yes,,,the Void would be a factor. He seems to be using the Void right now (if only they would update that storyline). We'll see soon enough I suppose.

Estacado
Sentry in his other appearances is severely inconsistent as is Despero.......their power levels really vary.......their inconsistency makes it really hard to gauge their power level but I give Sentry the majority facing Despero and some of his weaker showings.....but I think if Despero uses his telepathy though and goes all out right from the beginning he could pull of a win.......but using telepathy on Sentry could unleash the Void which would not be pretty.......
crylaugh

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by tkitna
Eh, good question. I do to the point that when Bob is being the Sentry, he is constantly on guard to keep the Void and his powers under control and this causes him to come across as less than what he could be. When he flips out, some semblance of the Void usually surfaces and thats when Bob starts raping people.

If the Void is a mere mental projection from Bob, then his mind is stupid powerful. Look out if he ever learns to use it. Something else is going on though. He brought Lindy back to life and thats crazy unless of course that she's a mental projection also. Anyways, it makes you wonder what his true potential can be if the Void was casually swatting around Strange, the X-Men, and the other Avengers like that. Hard to say.

Guess my final answer would be yes,,,the Void would be a factor. He seems to be using the Void right now (if only they would update that storyline). We'll see soon enough I suppose. Well, that's all reasonable. For me personally, I think that if Sentry reverts to the Void, he loses through self-BFR. It's like Danny Ketch Ghost Rider fully reverting to Zarathos or Sasquatch turning into Tanaraq. None of these characters want to revert to that form.

But I mean, if that's your opinion than the Void's feats rival even Virtue and Vice Despero's. We all saw how he was wrecking all of Marvel's heroes simultaneously in his New Avengers arc. But even before that, the Void managed to reduce the Savage Hulk to a whimpering broken child. Dr. Strange and SHIELD couldn't even repress that dark persona with his spells and their tech. He wasn't even killed when Sentry threw his form into the sun. I dunno about you, but I'm not sure V&V Despero would be able to take that.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.