The Droid General runs the Guantlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Null ARC Avis
Clone Wars General Grevious, the one who WTF pwned 5 jedi without using all 4 lightsabers, flanked by 2 Magna Guards, are on the invisible hand, in the General Quarters (where Palpatine was kept).

First, they fight Qui-Gon
Then Qui-gon and padawan Kenobi
Then AOTC Kenobi and Anakin
Then Shadow Hunter Darth Maul(slightly better than TPM Darth Maul because his knee, or ankle (cankle?) is fine.)
Then ROTS Kenobi
Then ROTS Vader
Then ROTS Mace
Then Count Dooku
Finally, ROTS Kenobi and ROTS Anakin

If any of the Magna Guards are destroyed, he gets 2 new ones.

Finally, the ship is about to be destroyed, and he had half an hour to get to an escape pod, but his magna guards and all droids on the ship turn against him (some virus or something, play along) and he has to fight through 7 corridors of them, each filled with 2 magna guards and 10 SBDs. In the last corridor before the escape pods, there are 2 droidikas and one magna guard. CAN HE MAKE IT?!?!?!?! (The turbolifts take a minute, lets say)

Master Crimzon
He stops at RotS Kenobi. Seriously, the damage done to him by Mace could never be that severe, and it was explained multiple times why Obi-Wan's simplistic style and nigh-impenetrable defense was the perfect counter to General Grievous' unorthodox, wild, and unpredictable style. I see no reason why the result should be any different than in the movie.

Edit: Oh, I didn't see the Magnaguards. That might change things a little, unless Obi-Wan force-rapes them.

skywalker833
I am going to have to say Rots Kenobi, because he took on Rots Grievous and 4 magnagaurds and won, but if he does get past kenobi, he'll die at windu.

Elite Hunter
Does he get any rest or time to heal damage to his body/circuits? And Maul actually injured his thigh.

skywalker833
Really, I never heard that before. It helps.

Null ARC Avis
He gets full repairs and an hour of rest between each battle, and kenobi can't really force rape he guards, no giant boxs here.

skywalker833
he will still win most likely.

Master Crimzon
I'm not certain. The magnaguards vary considerably in power- they are said to be more than a match for most Jedi. Obi-Wan isn't 'most Jedi', obviously, but he isn't god.

The only thing that will save him from death by Grievous and his bodyguards is if they can't work in tandem together, due to the number of weapons and blades, and this seems rather... possible. This can go either way.

If he makes it past Obi-Wan, however, he dies at Mace. Mace is a better duelist than Obi-Wan and, unlike Obi-Wan, he can force rape both the guards and Grievous.

Elite Hunter
Originally posted by Master Crimzon
If he makes it past Obi-Wan, however, he dies at Mace. Mace is a better duelist than Obi-Wan and, unlike Obi-Wan, he can force rape both the guards and Grievous.

Agreed and if by some chance Grievous beats Mace then he falls to Dooku.

skywalker833
Yeah, if he makes it past obi 1 he can make it past vader, then he will die at Master Windu.

Gideon
I'm actually not too certain if General Grievous could defeat Darth Maul in combat. Though, I suppose he could, since he owned Ventress and Durge simultaneously.

Blax_Hydralisk
Originally posted by Gideon
I'm actually not too certain if General Grievous could defeat Darth Maul in combat. Though, I suppose he could, since he owned Ventress and Durge simultaneously.

no

Pyron_Knight
Maul be destroyed by GG.

Gideon
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
no

What is it?

Galan007
gets to mace imo.

Darth Subjekt
If he somehow gets by Maul and then Kenobi (doubtful) then Vader just wtfpwns him with the force. Vader wouldn't have the Jedi restraint of Mace to just let him go.

Lt. Valerian
Originally posted by Galan007
gets to mace imo.

He was defeated by ROTS Kenobi in the movie... And without that much difficulty, as well. He won't make it past Kenobi.

Blax_Hydralisk
Originally posted by Gideon
What is it?

Do people seriously think that GG would be hard pressed to defeat Maul?

I mean, seriously?

Rogue Jedi
ROTS Kenobi. Kenobi pwned Greivous in saber battle.

Tangible God
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
ROTS Kenobi. Kenobi pwned Greivous in saber battle. Maybe, take away Grievous' injury though...

Still though, I can't see him getting passed Vader.

Null ARC Avis
Dont forget, he has two magnaguards with him, and the are veteran jedi killers. If you read the ROTS novel, in the fight on the bridge, one almost killed Kenobi.

Blax_Hydralisk
Asouka killed two or three of them by herself.

Magna Guards suck. no expression

Null ARC Avis
not really. They are very skilled warriors, and have killed numerous Jedi.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Null ARC Avis
Dont forget, he has two magnaguards with him, and the are veteran jedi killers. If you read the ROTS novel, in the fight on the bridge, one almost killed Kenobi. Almost doesnt count unless you are playing horseshoes.

Blax_Hydralisk
Originally posted by Null ARC Avis
not really. They are very skilled warriors, and have killed numerous Jedi.

Three of them were killed. By a youngling.

Rogue Jedi
Three of them were killed. By a youngling. yes

skywalker833
Three of them were killed. By a youngling. by a padawan

Lt. Valerian
Still, that proves MagnaGuards are no match for the General's enemies.

skywalker833
Yeah, I know. big grin

Blax_Hydralisk
Originally posted by skywalker833
by a padawan

At that point she'd only been a padawan for a couple of days. So even though her rank was Padawan, she hadn't had enough time to hone her skills to the point where she was on Padawan level. She had the skills of like, an advanced youngling.

And she still managed to defeat all three, while carrying an annoying, blithering baby hutt on her back.

Rogue Jedi
Magnaguards were rubbish, on par with stormtroopers.

skywalker833
Still, I think you guys may be underestimating magnaguards. They are trained especially to kill jedi. And on the invisible hand, they each put up a good fight against kenobi and skywalker, of whom are both experienced jedi.

Blax_Hydralisk
Then why did three of them get destroyed by one barely Padawan?

Rogue Jedi
Then why did three of them get destroyed by one barely Padawan?

Jbill311
Because a poorly animated movie needed to establish the power level of a new character?

Galan007
Then why did three of them get destroyed by one barely Padawan? does the instance in that movie somehow negate any other established feat(s) the magnaguards have? hell, can we even confirm this movie's canonicity?

Originally posted by Jbill311
Because a poorly animated movie needed to establish the power level of a new character? thumb up

Blax_Hydralisk
Originally posted by Jbill311
Because a poorly animated movie needed to establish the power level of a new character?

Poorly made or not, it is canon as far as EU is concerned, and therefore Asouka the barely Padawan level Jedi >> Magnaguards, no matter how wrong you feel it is. Canon is canon.

Not really, no. All of the feats that involve Magnaguards are done in EU canon, which means that they don't overrule each other. Do you really think GL would make an entire movie then deem it non-canon? That's retarded. It is apart of Star Wars continuity, and GL even does an interview on it explaining why he wanted this to happen and that to happen. It is apart of his "vision" so it is canon, like the movies.

EDIT- And just to WTFpwn any potential counter-arguments about the canon.

http://tv.ign.com/articles/858/858416p1.html

haermm

So it's not even EU Canon. It's movie canon, which means that any feats performed in the Clone Wars movie overrule anything done in the EU.

haermm

Either Asouka is really really good with a lightsaber, or the magnaguards really are just that lame...

Official movie canon has spoken. haermm

skywalker833
That is unreal though. 2 magna guards put up good fights against kenobi and anakin, while asoka defeated three single handedly. Anyway, I think that the two magna guards flanking Grievous should have the same power as in Rots, not CW.

Galan007
So it's not even EU Canon. It's movie canon, which means that any feats performed in the Clone Wars movie overrule anything done in the EU. if what you're saying is 100% truth, then this is yet another plot point telling us how weak ROTS grievous was, in comparison to his CW self. what i mean is, grievous during CW made relatively short work of ventress, even when she was teamed up with durge. yet during this fiasco of a movie, she was portrayed as a good match for obi, whom made ROTS grievous look pathetic.

Darth Subjekt
People react differently to different opponents.

Take the Redskins for example. They beat the Giants pretty well, who, as we all know, beat the Pats in the Super Bowl, but the Pats killed the Redskins in devastating fashion. Just depends on who you're facing.

Galan007
^

true. but do you not agree there is quite a vast difference between CW and ROTS grievous, all things considered?

skywalker833
Of course there is a difference! His lungs were crushed!

Blax_Hydralisk
Originally posted by Galan007
if what you're saying is 100% truth, then this is yet another plot point telling us how weak ROTS grievous was, in comparison to his CW self. what i mean is, grievous during CW made relatively short work of ventress, even when she was teamed up with durge. yet during this fiasco of a movie, she was portrayed as a good match for obi, whom made ROTS grievous look pathetic.

How was she a good match to Kenobi? He was talking shit the entire time, was smiling, and she couldn't even hit him while he was unarmed.

And Kenobi at the point that this movie was made was just a few months after Geonosis, so he's still got 3+ years of training before he becomes the Soresu master we've all come to know and love.

edit- No it didn't.

Eh, doesn't matter much. It's still T-Canon.

skywalker833
That battle was pretty cool.

Faunus
I will never see this movie.

Lucas has effectively ruined the franchise. I hope he tears his balls off and shoves them down Blax's throat. Bastard.

So... yeah. Michael Phelps and Usain Bolt, anyone?

skywalker833
confused

Elite Hunter
Originally posted by Faunus
So... yeah. Michael Phelps and Usain Bolt, anyone?

The dude is getting another parade in Baltimore and probably getting the key to the city.

Blax_Hydralisk
Originally posted by Faunus

Lucas has effectively ruined the franchise. I hope he tears his balls off and shoves them down Blax's throat. Bastard.

sad Why must it always be my throat? I am sure Galan's throat is just as worthy.

Jbill311
Usain Bolt makes me wish that I ran track instead of (playing) Soccer.

Galan007
And Kenobi at the point that this movie was made was just a few months after Geonosis, so he's still got 3+ years of training before he becomes the Soresu master we've all come to know and love.

edit- No it didn't.

Eh, doesn't matter much. It's still T-Canon. yeah, anakin had already been established as a knight in this movie, so it must've taken place quite a while after AOTC.

sad Why must it always be my throat? I am sure Galan's throat is just as worthy. the testicles of lucas are always welcome here *notgay*

anyhow, i really expected this movie to be much worse than it was. meh.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.