Parents let Kid Drop out of High School to focus on Guitar Hero

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kapton JAC
http://kotaku.com/5037975/parents-let-kid-drop-out-of-high-school-to-focus-on-guitar-hero

That kid is going to be highly upset when REAL LIFE hits him.

Thoughts?

Burning thought
not unless you can play that professionally but thats only if Real life does hit him

Kero_Co
Wow...as if guitar hero will last him forever. Might have better chances with a real guitar.

Burning thought
why would it last him forever?

Ime not sure all professional gamers still love the games they play professionally so much after all the times they play it.

chillmeistergen
Funny.

DX5
Ok, wut

Dark-Jaxx
I think a "LOL WUT" is entirely neccessary for this.

Nemesis X
That kid is friggin lucky. I tried telling my parents to let me drop out of school so I can play videogames but that never happened. Although I guess it's lucky for me I didn't stay home. Don't go to school at all, then you'd be a hobo and the worst part about being a hobo is that you can't play games because you'll be liven in an alley and it has no electricity. I'd have to steal a generator but then I'll be arrested and the cops will conviscate my consoles and I'll never see them again and that'll force me to kill myself. That's how I always pictured the end of my life.

DX5
I don't see why he can't just homeschool while doing that, or is in-home tutors the same thing..not so sure.

ESB -1138
Whoo...parents today have reached a new level of stupidity I'd thought was impossible.

Burning thought
parents? the whole world is stupid, for those who religious God needs to wipe his slate clean imo or for those who are not, Russia and USA need to wipe this slate clean...and in doing so will prove their stupidity to new levels as well, weeee

jaden101
hasn't he heard of guitar hero on the DS?...TAKE THE GAME TO SCHOOL...not the school to the game

jalek moye
Originally posted by Nemesis X
That kid is friggin lucky. I tried telling my parents to let me drop out of school so I can play videogames but that never happened. Although I guess it's lucky for me I didn't stay home. Don't go to school at all, then you'd be a hobo and the worst part about being a hobo is that you can't play games because you'll be liven in an alley and it has no electricity. I'd have to steal a generator but then I'll be arrested and the cops will conviscate my consoles and I'll never see them again and that'll force me to kill myself. That's how I always pictured the end of my life.
hey i dropped out of highschool and still play video games stick out tongue

DigiMark007

See, coming from most people, this is a joke. With Nem I really can't tell though.

Smasandian
Hahaha....

Yep, gotta love the parents who allowed thier child to drop out to play a plastic guitar.

chazmeister
The chances of making any money as a pro gamer are minimal. He'd be better of going to school and college and trying to get a half decent job.

S_D_J
Originally posted by Kapton JAC
http://kotaku.com/5037975/parents-let-kid-drop-out-of-high-school-to-focus-on-guitar-hero

Thoughts?

laughing

South Park too much?

jalek moye
Originally posted by chazmeister
The chances of making any money as a pro gamer are minimal. He'd be better of going to school and college and trying to get a half decent job.
he really doesnt have to go to school he could get his GED

Mairuzu
he has a in home tutor... if that makes a diff

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by Kapton JAC

Thoughts?

lol

This reminded me of a rumor my friends had about our video game addict friend, Tony, that use to make me laugh everytime i heard it. About how he dropped outta school to play video games.

He was the ultimate video game fiend. During our Tekken 2 tournament we had in the mid 90's, that i won, I asked him if the rumor was true, right after i surprisingly pulverized him, and just to add insult to injury, and he just frowned, shrugged his shoulders and passed the controller, lol.

o well. Saw him last weekend the other day at a friends house and we all played his SC4 on his ps3 he brought over.

But that mom's not doing her kids any good. You still need to know how to read, write, and know math, well, just to know of music (meaningfully), forget musicianism, if that's even a word.

Smasandian
See if it was Halo 3 (or 2), it would of made a little bit more sense considering there is an actual league for it, and I heard the pay pretty well, but its Guitar Hero. I havnt heard a league about that.

Kirikaze Fuuma

don't forget you still have a future and sometimes it depend on our school. video games are fun to play. but it won't help unless you want to become a video game developer.

Smasandian
Even playing video games wont help you with becoming a video game developer.

Kirikaze Fuuma
I mean the only way to earn some money is to be a game developer. you won't earn any money just from playing a game.

jalek moye
unless ur a paid game tester

Smasandian
You can earn money from playing games if you play on MGS (or whatever its called) or other forms of competition. From prizes to sponserships, you can make some good cash.

From Guitar Hero though, I dont think its part of any competition.

Game testing doesnt pay very well at all, its roughly minimum wage from what I heard, and game developer, playing games is obviously useful, but you need schooling, or work you way from a tester, or be the a very lucky person and make some cool mod that gets noticed.

GenomeFrozener
Another win for the ignorance of humanity!

Kirikaze Fuuma
sometimes, humans are beyond stupid. this news is hilarious.

xNIXSONx
i dont think this kid will even be a good posterboy for GH. Basically he's gonna have to memorize note charts in GH...which just takes the fun out of the game, but then again they aren't playing for fun.

GH isnt even a part of MLG, usually its all just shooters like Halo 3, Cod4, rainbow 6.

what i want to see if is the good actually good? or is he just memorizing what to play? if he can do 99-100% of a song from GH: World Tour on expert, thatll mean he's good.

If he can do a song he never played and 100% it, thatll mean as a gamer athlete, he has excellent reaction skill, and most things needed to be a pro gamer athlete, also if its a GH battle, he needs to be able to mutli task and think fast. High action per minute reflects his proficiency in handling the game mechanics through reflexive and instinctual responses. Strategic thinking will dictate the right course of action, which are all brains and chess-like counter responses to particular known bits of enemy strategy. Macro and micromanagement are joined together in an uncanny display of skill; yet playing is not an exact science.

Vampire Savior
Man this kid is lucky, I wish my parent was that phuckin stupid.

xNIXSONx
damn i totally mispelled my last post

meant to say, "what i want to see, is if the kid is actually good, or if he is just memorizing the charts"

Kirikaze Fuuma
Originally posted by Vampire Savior
Man this kid is lucky, I wish my parent was that phuckin stupid.

oh no you don't laughing

Phucked Up
He's in homeschool, therefore he didn't drop out. Article is lame.

xNIXSONx
Originally posted by Phucked Up
He's in homeschool, therefore he didn't drop out. Article is lame.

atleast it made for a decent headline eh

Vampire Savior
Originally posted by Kirikaze Fuuma
oh no you don't laughing Yeah, yur right.

CaptainStoic
The parents of this child are definately flakes. This point of their childs school life is the most critical, and it is what will make or break him in life.... Well I hope he likes flipping burgers.

xNIXSONx
personally i dont believe guitar hero is much of a competition like halo or cod4 is.

i've met a ton of people that are great at GH expert, and i've been in and to GH competitions, and watched those youtube vids, of some kid doin dragonforce 100%, this new 16 yr school drop out, he's got a lot of competition, there are a LOT of people that are excellent at this game that aren't gamer athletes.

Smasandian
I would agree with that.

I think somebody said it before, but its all memorization. You need skill, but its not like online shooters, or online RTS's.

xNIXSONx
Originally posted by Smasandian
I would agree with that.

I think somebody said it before, but its all memorization. You need skill, but its not like online shooters, or online RTS's.

yeah memorization, the brady games guide to GH has all the notes layed out on a chart, and you can just look at that lol, but like i have a friend that is insane at Halo and cod4, snaps off headshots like crazy, he goes to play GH, and he's amazing at that too - thats an example of actual gaming talent, i would assume that my friend simply has great hand eye coordination, and all that necessity that are the fundamentals in which gamer athletes need...so its like, i believe a gamer athlete could translate his skill into more than one game

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.