Green Arrow: Escape from Super Max

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Quincy
A Green Arrow movie is being worked out, but will be set up differently than most hero movies.

Oliver Queen will be wrongly accused of a crime, and arrested and confined to the "Super Max" maximum security prison for metahumans.

Teaming with villains in order to make his escape, GA will run into Lex Luthor, The Riddler, and even the Joker?

Check it all out.

http://www.mtv.com/movies/news/articles/1592718/story.jhtml

what does this mean for a possible Riddler appearance in the 3rd Nolan Batman movie?

the script is also being helmed by David Goyer, writer behind "Batman Begins"

roughrider
Goyer gets more press about projects he's setting up than actually making. Apparently, he's already supposed to have made Magneto, The Flash, Deadpool, and a remake of Scanners by now.
Who knows how good it will be. Christopher Nolan has proved he was the guiding force behind Batman's renaissance; he didn't need Goyer around for the second film. Goyer's direction of Blade 3 was certainly...lacking.

batmanfan136
Originally posted by roughrider
Goyer's direction of Blade 3 was certainly...lacking.

Yeah if there going to make a green arrow movie they should probably get some one who can actual direct

BruceSkywalker
This seems interesting. Have to see who is casted

Kazenji
Goyer's direction of Blade 3 was certainly...lacking.

Thats why he should stay away from the camera and stick with writing scripts.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Kazenji
Thats why he should stay away from the camera and stick with writing scripts.

I've always thought that about David Goyer. He is one helluva writer but one sorry director.

Quincy
I'm a fan of green arrow, and I like the idea of the other villains being in the movie, but would they use Kevin Spacey's Lex Luthor from Superman Returns? Or cast a new one? and if they re-cast him, that'd be yet another re-cast for yet another DC movie, ala "Justice League"

batmanfan136
are they actual in production or not because this movie( like many movies David goyer is supposed to be making) has been floating around for a bit

roughrider
Originally posted by batmanfan136
are they actual in production or not because this movie( like many movies David goyer is supposed to be making) has been floating around for a bit

DC is blowing a lot of smoke about properties coming to the big screen. But except for Watchmen and the next Batman film (as much a certainty as death & taxes), it's still just a lot of talk. They can't even figure out how to make the other members of their Holy Trinity - Superman & Wonder Woman - appeal to modern audiences.

WrathfulDwarf
Just call it Green Arrow movie.

willRules
How's he supposed to use his archery skills in prison? sad

Is this live action or animation?

Dr Hackenbush
The premise saddens me, being a big Ollie fan sad

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by willRules
How's he supposed to use his archery skills in prison? sad

Is this live action or animation?

I believe live action although I may be wrong..

Who are some of you guys choices as to who may play Oliver Queen/Green Arrow?

willRules
Originally posted by Dr Hackenbush

thumb up

It's not related to him in any way. I could bear it more if the priority was his political agenda over super heroics, but this just a random tangent that doesn't relate to the character.

It's like having the movie premise;

You saw him in Batman Begins, you saw him in Dark Knight, now..... bringing his greatest challenge yet. Batman must become........

a world class knitting champion!!!!!!

.......coming soon......

I don't want to judge the GA movie too early but like you said, if the premise is completely unrelated to the character, it's not a good start.....

roughrider
Originally posted by Dr Hackenbush

I like Ollie too. But it would be nice to see him in live action, in an outfit that takes away some of the Robin Hood cheesiness. The GA we saw in Smallville is a start towards a more real look.

ScarletSpeed
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
I believe live action although I may be wrong..

Who are some of you guys choices as to who may play Oliver Queen/Green Arrow?

depends what age they are gonna make him,

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by ScarletSpeed
depends what age they are gonna make him,

Animation for the kids, live action R rated for the adults big grin

Tom Joad
I like Ollie too. But it would be nice to see him in live action, in an outfit that takes away some of the Robin Hood cheesiness. The GA we saw in Smallville is a start towards a more real look.

ermm but then we gotta get away from the actual cheesiness of smallville.

Also, here's more news on the movie found on DC database...

"Screenwriter Justin Marks has finished up writing a Green Arrow movie, entitled Green Arrow: Escape from Supermax. In the film, Green Arrow is framed by a business rival for the murders of several military officers and sent to a prison, for metahumans and superheroes, headed by Amanda Waller and Checkmate. Queen works with Gemini, Shock Trauma and other DC allies to escape from the prison in order Shock Trauma and other DC allies to escape from the prison in order to clear his name as the business rival sends Merlyn to kill Queen with the aid of other vile DC supervillains. The film will address Green Arrow's origins through flashbacks of scenes that borrows from the original comic book and Green Arrow: Year One. David Goyer, one of the film's producers, will soon revise the script further will soon revise the script further for a theatrical release in 2009 or 2010. The film's title has now been changed simply to Green Arrow. "

Sounds like we're getting on track. The year one story was pretty good.

srankmissingnin
This doesn't seem like the first movie in a series... this is like - I don't know - the seventh movie in a series that only comes out on DVD.

Accel
Wow.

That sounds horrid.

Darth Macabre
It doesn't sound that bad, as a movie, it just sounds like it will leave no room for a franchise. I hope Justin Hartley gets cast as Ollie, I've really gotten used to him as Green Arrow.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.