New Batman Game

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bat Dude
http://www.gamekyo.com/news28583_batman-arkham-asylum-first-screenshots.html

Looks pretty kool...

http://www.gamekyo.com/Webmasters/Images/7323620080815_212307_13_big.jpg

Bat Dude
1 Player Action Game, Playstation 3, Xbox 360, PC

Publisher: Eidos

Developer: Rocksteady Sudios

Release: 2009

- Clever choice of location moves the game away from an open world Spider-Man clone and more into the dark and gritty realm of The Chronicles of Riddick.

- Packed with Batman's most dangerous archenemies Arkham Asylum boasts a brand new story reminiscent of the depth and twists of Bioshock

- Story is written by Paul Dini (Batman: The Animated Series, Detective Comics)

- Wildstorm is crafting the authentic yet distinct new look for all the key characters

- Gameplay places just as much focus on Batman's role as a detective as his combat prowess.

- Game isn't being rushed to tie in with any TV/Film marketing cycles.

- Game runs on Unreal Engine 3

- Most of the game is played through an over-the-shoulder perspective

- You're going to see and get to fight against all the big super villains. Seen so far. Joker, Harley Quinn, Killer Croc, Zsasz, Penguin, Riddler, Scarecrow, Poison Ivy, Mr. Freeze and others the magazine doesn't want to spoil.

- Allies revealed so far are Commissioner Gordon who plays a big role and Barbara Gordon (aka Oracle) who is your radio contact in the game.

- Game opens with the Joker surrendering himself and subsequently taking over Arkham because of some secret the facility holds

- Magazine teases that this game will be the ultimate Batman experience so the voice cast will reflect that (Think Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamill).

- Arkham was chosen as a location because of its limitations including the fact that it's an island prison. It's a persistent location so you can visit any location at anytime including Batman's secret on site Bat Cave etc. Don't think that just because this is an island prison there will only be small hallways. The developers have taken into account all the construction/destruction of the facility over the years so locals will vary.

- Eidos' Batman license includes all 70 years of comic book fiction so they're pulling from all of that.

COMBAT

- Boss Battles won't necessarily be a series of straight pugilistic fights. Each enemy represents a different side of Batman and not all of them can match his wide skill set. Some battles are focused on combat others will focus on gadgets some are similar to giant Zelda style bosses.

Da Joker
I read about this a few days ago, looks like it'll be damn good. I guess with TDK's success people were actually inspired to make a great game.

Scythe
This'll hopefully be like Spider-Man's Web Of Shadows.

Blax_Hydralisk
Funny how the look they're going for looks more like Nicholson's Joker then Ledgers, I wonder what's up with that.

Da Joker
Actually they're supposed to be going for more of a comic Joker look. I guess we need more screens to tell if he'll truly look like Nicholson.

Neo Darkhalen
Ah yes i read up on this not so long ago...from what is sounds like it's going to be good.

Da Joker
Croc looks badass, anybody got a pic of him from the game? I've only seen one of him.

FistOfThe North
Yea, i read that the makers are pulling out all stops and are really making this game really good. It's running on the Havoc engine too.

If so, then finally. Alas. A good Batman game. For the first time ever.

Neo Darkhalen
Clever choice of location moves the game away from an open world Spider-Man clone and more into the dark and gritty realm of The Chronicles of Riddick.

Ya know i don't think you should make linear gameplay sound like a positive feature...

Da Joker
I hope we get a lot of combo moves and some good costumes to choose to use.

Blax_Hydralisk
Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
Clever choice of location moves the game away from an open world Spider-Man clone and more into the dark and gritty realm of The Chronicles of Riddick.

Ya know i don't think you should make linear gameplay sound like a positive feature...

I agree. The open sandbox world was kind of what made Spiderman 2 recognized as like, one of he greatest super hero games ever...

SnakeEyes
Could be good. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

BruceSkywalker
Interesting game. I'll buy it.

WrathfulDwarf
I'm afraid they're going to rush this game. So I'm sticking to Batman Lego.

Scythe
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
I'm afraid they're going to rush this game. So I'm sticking to Batman Lego.

I don't think it will, but it's a possibility. Lego Batman seems too childish, I want a serious Batman game.

Bat Dude
Originally posted by Scythe
I don't think it will, but it's a possibility. Lego Batman seems too childish, I want a serious Batman game.

Yeah, it's childish, but it'll be pretty damn fun...

Along with Batman, Robin, etc., playing as the Joker, Two-Face, and pretty much all of Batman's other villains (the important ones, that is) is just awesome x2...

Scythe
Originally posted by Bat Dude
Yeah, it's childish, but it'll be pretty damn fun...

Along with Batman, Robin, etc., playing as the Joker, Two-Face, and pretty much all of Batman's other villains (the important ones, that is) is just awesome x2...

The fun factor on most legos game thus far has been fun, I agree, but it's it isn't something I personally would spend money on. I'd give it as a gift to young ones, I just crave for a serious Batman game that's comic oriented and doesn't suck. Nothing to do with TAS or spin-offs or movies. Batman being...just Batman...

RevoWution™©®
This game looks awesome. Hope my comp can run it though.

I don't particularly like Batman's costume in the game. If only they used the blue on grey costume from Hush. There's something about black on grey that doesn't appeal to me.

Blue on grey is by far the best combo imo (besides all black like in BB and TDK).

Bat Dude
Originally posted by Scythe
The fun factor on most legos game thus far has been fun, I agree, but it's it isn't something I personally would spend money on. I'd give it as a gift to young ones, I just crave for a serious Batman game that's comic oriented and doesn't suck. Nothing to do with TAS or spin-offs or movies. Batman being...just Batman...

I've always had an idea where they make a game where the missions and boss fights are the same, but you can almost build your own Gotham (free roam would be nice, too)...

Different Batsuits to choose from (1930s Batman, Modern Batman, West Batman, Keaton Batman, Bale Batman, etc.)

Different costumes for villains (40s Joker, Modern Joker, Romero Joker, Jack Joker, Ledger Joker, etc.) (40s Two-Face, Modern Two-Face, Jones Two-Face, Long Halloween Two-Face, Eckhart Two-Face, etc.)

Different Batmobiles to choose from (30s "Red Car" Batmobile, an assortment of Modern Batmobiles, West Batmobile, Keaton Batmobile, Tumbler, etc.)

Different settings (gritty, campy, noir, gothic, etc.)

I could see all of this happen in 2D, kinda like this (from Fire Pro Returns):
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a24/Exodecai101/Caws/Exodecais%20Caws/Fire%20Pro%20Wrestling%20Returns/Bane.jpg

Of course, that's just my idea... It'd probably never get made, so...

RevoWution™©®
I've always had an idea where they make a game where the missions and boss fights are the same, but you can almost build your own Gotham (free roam would be nice, too)...

Different Batsuits to choose from (1930s Batman, Modern Batman, West Batman, Keaton Batman, Bale Batman, etc.)

Different costumes for villains (40s Joker, Modern Joker, Romero Joker, Jack Joker, Ledger Joker, etc.) (40s Two-Face, Modern Two-Face, Jones Two-Face, Long Halloween Two-Face, Eckhart Two-Face, etc.)

Different Batmobiles to choose from (30s "Red Car" Batmobile, an assortment of Modern Batmobiles, West Batmobile, Keaton Batmobile, Tumbler, etc.)

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a24/Exodecai101/Caws/Exodecais%20Caws/Fire%20Pro%20Wrestling%20Returns/Bane.jpg

That would make the ultimate game. Not just the best Batman game, but the ultimate game of all time if they incorporated all that into one cuz there would be endless possibilities.

Unfortunately gaming companies want us to keep buying games from them, and if that was the ultimate Batman game, there'd be no more profit for them to make from future Batman titles.

I love the idea though.

Bat Dude

Scythe

That would be great.

Toku King
Who's the villain in the last two pictures?

Neo Darkhalen
But the game engine itself can ALWAYS be updated and improved... As well as adding new stuff like Batwings, Batboats, new combat mechanics, new missions, new stories, new villains, etc. Have all of that in downloadable content that costs about 40 bucks (hell, if they ever made this kind of game, I'd buy it even if it were 100 bucks)

I think they would have enough to continue to improve and continue to make money, but the game companies are also VERY lazy...

Nice idea, there's not many (if any) superhero games that let you customize the world they live in.

steverules
So this game will be like...spider-man 2/GTA as in you can go around the whole city?

Neo Darkhalen
No.

Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen

steverules
Wish it were...I'd love a game like that...but still this game does look like it'll be good

Kazenji
Originally posted by Toku King

Looks like some muscle thug guy sent to fight batman.

steverules
It's Bane

Bat Dude
Originally posted by steverules
It's Bane

No it's not...

The pic I posted is Bane, but the one he's talking about it just a random thug...

steverules
oooooh embarrasment

Menetnashté
Riddick.... no expression

Toku King

Menetnashté
Ha. no expression
Just wait, you'll see. no expression

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.