What would you like to see in a Dragon Ball game?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darkstorm Zero
I don't know if this has been done before, but I personally have a few quiffs about how, especially in the later games, things are missing, or not done properly.

DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi 3 was the best of the entire line by far, but it missed several important elements.

#1: Properly done cutscenes damnit! This really bugs me Even the original Budokai had better ones... Take the cutscenes from Burst Limit, make them manually activatable, and you have it.

#2: MORE TECHNIQUES!!! Can't stress this enough, While Tenkaichi's gameplay is awsome, There simply isn't enough specials in the game, A character can conceivably using this format have an additional 4 specials per form at the very least.

#3: Dragon Finishers. One of the things I liked about Super Dragon Ball Z was these Fatalaty like moves.

#4: Every Character has a story mode. Really... there are some of the characters some of us would like to know more about.

#5: All the characters from the 3 series who can fight: Needs to be said... but with todays tech, we now have the power to make the character list entirely complete, there where a lot of fighters that never made it to the games for one reason or another...

#6: A bit of an addendum to #2, butgive us the ABILITY to chose the techniques we use...

#7: Better effects... Seriously, in a lot of ways, I preferred Bukokai's 2 and 3 effects to Tenkaichi 3... simply because it looked flashier and better.

#8: A movie/cutscene viewer!...

#9: Custom Characters would be a nice touch.

#10: An EXP system similar to the Budokai 3 one. The Potara based system is tedious, and using the skill potara takes away from item usage... which sux balls. Have that option to enhance the skills, but not so fundamental to character development.

#11: Enhanced graphics, Seriously, the aura's from Budokai 3 where awsome, SSJ2 electricity was part of the aura and not the character model, that was awsome, and SSJ4s had electricity, so did Omega, and SSJ4 goggeta had the stardust aura, which was unique to him... I could go on and on about this quiff..

I could add more, but those 11 are my main ones... if anyone has more to add that would be cool.

I'm thinking about emuing Tenkaichi 3 and modding the hell out of it...

SaTsuJiN
a game engine that doesnt suck and rely on 20 minute cutscenes everytime you do an attack?

they just need to make large scale battles possible with more than 1v1 if possible

tenkaichi series has the right idea in my opinion.. but they obviously have to rethink alot of things

Darkstorm Zero
The cutscenes should really only be in Storymode IMO, that would make vs, online, and challenges easier to deal with.

Ah thats one thing I forgot to add!, Fix the damn story mode! Make this #12: I really liked the Map/find your way around map of the Budokai 3, it was interactive, contained many secrets and all that really good stuff. plus the map evolved with the sagas... it was really good, the one in Tenkaichi 2 sucked in comparison, they should have kept the Budokai 3 one and expanded it to include DB, the movies and GT sagas.

DX5
Most of Burst Limit cutscenes were repetitive and very like each other, the rush & punch to the gut, the gaping face, then the roundhouse kick is an example.

Tenkaichi's style is much better than Budokai's since B's is the style where lots of moves and deep strategy will make it interesting, but characters don't have a wide variety of moves like in other 3d fighters. In reality DBZ fights are much more like Tenkaichi since a typical battle takes up...well...an entire landscape or chunk of a city whereas in Budokai battles take place in relatively small stages, and blitzing in BL sucks shit. I swear you could rush faster in SC or Tekken than in BL.

Nemesis X
All the Dragon Ball games should be crunched up like paper and thrown in the trash bin so the guys who made the DBZ games can make improvements on everything they've done.

DX5
Negative. They should pick out the pros and the cons in each title they made, and scrap the things that were disliked and keep the things that were liked and add new additional (good) features to future games.

Or if that's what you meant, then right on.

Darkstorm Zero
Originally posted by DX5
Most of Burst Limit cutscenes were repetitive and very like each other, the rush & punch to the gut, the gaping face, then the roundhouse kick is an example.

Tenkaichi's style is much better than Budokai's since B's is the style where lots of moves and deep strategy will make it interesting, but characters don't have a wide variety of moves like in other 3d fighters. In reality DBZ fights are much more like Tenkaichi since a typical battle takes up...well...an entire landscape or chunk of a city whereas in Budokai battles take place in relatively small stages, and blitzing in BL sucks shit. I swear you could rush faster in SC or Tekken than in BL.

I do beleive that the cutscenes should be taylored to the actual fights within story mode, Burst Limit did have certain character specific ones, but thats not enough... Plus I hated the randomness it generated in the fights... if anything it should either be activatable manually, or timed to the match... and it shouldn't reset the characters...

As for the battlefields, while Tenkaichi 3 were very awsome, I think it should incorporate batlefield edges that trigger huge background destruction scens like those of Budokai 3

Magee
There should be an adventure mode, think sort of like tekken 5 with Jins devil within mode. There is only so many times you can play through the dbz / gt story lines with out wanting to kill your self. Adventure mode would be the best thing to ever happen to the barrage of dbz games that keep getting thrown out, flying around killing hundreads of henchmen. They should make an entirely new story for it involving the sayains, maybe completley new characters or just vegeta or some thing. In fact, they should just make an entirely new dbz adventure game ( sagas does not count, what a failure of a game) with a handful of players and a rich story line for each of them with huge imersive free roaming environments, that would be the ultimate dbz game of all time.

Ban Mido
I agree with everything you said 100% in the opening post, I would also like to see though some more moves that are uhh..how shall I put this..Cut scene driven? You know so it looks nice while going together and all flows together then when the impact comes you really know you hit them pretty hard ^_^.

Or how they could like before the final part of the move grab the guy by the collar and insult him with a few sentences and then the guy your using prepares to fire his blast or strike or w/e and then it shows the victim all wounded and scraped up all ">_<!!!" just before your guy blasts him half way across the battlefield =D

Dark-Jaxx
I should be able to blow a motherfvckin planet up damn it!

Neo Darkhalen
I agree with most of the things on that list, not all but most, especially a custom character creator.

honestly story mode wise, i would like something similar to Advanced Adventure.

MadMel
100% destructable environments erm

Magee
Come on, the 1 on 1 beat em up has been done to death. All they can do and have been doing since budokai 1 is just improving and its got to the point where there is not much else to make it any more better than the last. They need to put some time and effort in to creating a brilliant dbz adventure game with huge destructive environments and maybe an rpg system along with it. However they will more than likely just go with another 2 burst limit games relying on the omgz look at teh grafix.

Nemesis X
There shouldn't be any more Dragonball games if they're gonna suck (which they do).

Kazenji
Originally posted by Nemesis X
There shouldn't be any more Dragonball games if they're gonna suck (which they do).

wow very negative responses from you erm

another thing with the budokai tenkaichi's ones please have so it automatically locks onto the target got bloody annoying how you had to lock on before you started attacking.

also could someone put a Z in front of DragonBall it makes a lot of difference.

Neo Darkhalen
I honestly fail to see the point in Burst Limit, whats the point in making the game up until the Cell Saga, if you can fit 161 fighters in a PS2 and Wii game then i expect the same thing in a 360 and PS3 game, perhaps a little more as well.

But anyway a adventure mode would be a nice change, something in the style of subspace from SSBB and Dragonball Advanced Adventure.

Magee
Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
I honestly fail to see the point in Burst Limit, whats the point in making the game up until the Cell Saga So they can have some thing 'new' for the next two bust limit games. erm

Neo Darkhalen
Originally posted by Magee
So they can have some thing 'new' for the next two bust limit games. erm

Yeah your right burst limit will need a "new" Buu saga...just like Budokai 2/3 did.

Vampire Savior
I would love it if the controll scheme was that of a traditional 2d fighter.

Blax_Hydralisk
A black dude besides Mr.Popo and Piccalo.

Kento
Piccolo black? I always thought he was green. I've been fooled all this time?

Anyway I think they need to make a game a rpg like Legend of the Super Saiyan from the SNES. Of if they have to make a new fighting game for the 360 or PS3 give us more fighters. If you're going to go into GT actually make a GT Trunks instead of using Future Trunks in the storyline. Create new storylines also. Everybody knows the storyline of DB - GT. Does anybody care about replaying the same story over and over on twenty different fighting games?

And I still say they need to make a End of Z Trunks, and Goten.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Kento

Anyway I think they need to make a game a rpg like Legend of the Super Saiyan from the SNES..

That would be great and hopefully they don't choose that card system again...

Vampire Savior
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
A black dude besides Mr.Popo and Piccalo. laughing out loud What about that Uub kid, he looks black...sorta

Mairuzu
Bulma

Menetnashté
Legend of Goku made 3D would make me happy.

Blax_Hydralisk
Originally posted by Kento
Piccolo black? I always thought he was green. I've been fooled all this time?

He's an honorary black guy. Dude's always angry.

apoc001
There needs to be a Dragon Balls FPS

Blax_Hydralisk
wat?

Yoshi Paradise
He's saying that Dragon Ball Z should have a first-person shooter game.

I don't think that would be a good idea, though.

Menetnashté
Originally posted by apoc001
I'm not sure I see how that would go over...I think I'd hate it if it was like that though, I hate unreal tournament, DBZ FPS seems like it'd just be a more intense version of that.

Blax_Hydralisk
Originally posted by Yoshi Paradise
He's saying that Dragon Ball Z should have a first-person shooter game.

No, no. I knew what he was saying. I was saying "wat", because that is an incredibly nonsensical idea.

Kazenji

Menetnashté
Originally posted by Kazenji
eek!

Do you even like any FPS ?
Yeah, just not unreal tournament, it's too ridiculous for me, I prefer more realistic FPS games, I don't even like Halo anymore.

Kazenji

CaptainStoic
I think that they should do what they have said that they were going to do, and make a MMORPG of the series, which is supposed to be set in the far future (No Goku.)

Neo Darkhalen
Indeed it's set 216 years after Goku went with Uub to start his training.

MadMel
Originally posted by apoc001
*cough*halflife mod*cough*

Blax_Hydralisk
Originally posted by Kazenji
Ridiculous ???

Its ment to be tournament game all Sci-fi not some realistic WW2 clone roll eyes (sarcastic)

Hence why he said he preferred realistic games.

Jesus. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
Hence why he said he preferred realistic games.

Jesus. roll eyes (sarcastic) But that opinion sux.

Lol.

I would like to be able to customize my character as well.

Darkstorm Zero
I think that a friend of mine had a good idea, use the Tencaichi system, but make the actual fighting more indepth and vairaite the attack system...

Overall, I think my custom character idea seems to go over well with most of you. I just hope that if they do that, they don't give as a shoddy crappy custom character options like some of the very early smackdown games...

Darkstorm Zero
I suppose another thing to re-mention is expanding the cast list, I mean even the Z series alone is missing a whole heap of secondary characters, (Episodes and movies) I'd love to see some of the goons enter the fray... like more of the saiyans, more Frieza/King cold Soldiers, Coolers armoured squad... even turles goons, garlic jrs, dr. wheelo's, slug's... so many potential fighters not being used...

Darkstorm Zero
I think another way to improve on the EXP idea would be to use the same "Power Level" system as the Anime does, that way you can still have a true to story run whilist equalising it for vs matches. A good way to reflect this would be to have certain techniques unlocked when you reach a certain power level.

And on that same toke, link the characters variety of forms, an example would be all the different era versions of Goku... Have them linked so the power levels and techniques carry over to the next version so you can continue to improve.

Yoshi Paradise
I wouldn't mind playing a DBZ RPG. I already know that one exists on the SNES, but I wouldn't mind another one coming out on the PS2.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by NonSensi-Klown
A black dude besides Mr.Popo and Piccalo.

Ah someone else who knows of Piccolo's true ethnic origins.

Wei Phoenix
Really I want to be able to freely fly again. BL sucked and I can't just jump in the air and fly. I hate being able to only fight your front. In T3 I could just hit your back up and then dash to your front and beat you down. God T3 was awesome.

geshien
Custom characters.

http://petitionspot.com/petitions/CreatedCharactersDBZ

Black Yoshi
That would be pretty cool, but I'm still hoping for a DBZ RPG.

Magee
Some thing that isn't exactly the same as the last 500 DBZ games, adding 10 extra characters should not be the main selling point.

SaTsuJiN
one thing I'd like is if the matches lasted longer.. seems like even with 10 healthbars, you smack the dude around a few times and he's hittin the coffin

XanatosForever
I think Tien should in no way ever be able to beat SSJ3 Goku...Why put him in the game then? For the lulz. stick out tongue

SaTsuJiN
they also need to get rid of Ki charge spam requirement to perform moves..

I mean obviously put a ki requirement to limit spamming or something.. but to have to charge every time you throw a beam is ridiculous.. game needs a faster regen rate or something

as of now the usual flow of the games battles are ... beam.. *charge for 3 seconds*, beam, ki pellet spam, *charge again for like 6 seconds*

but the flow of the anime is more like "I gotta be careful what I throw out, because it could leave me exhausted and vulnerable for an attack"

instead, they can have charge be a requirement to go super saiyan for the lower class warriors like early / mid goku

even have charge during a beam battle.. cuz you cant do interesting things atm like in mid-beam battle use kaioken to put the fight in your favor

ArtificialGlory
I think the world would be a better place without Dragon Ball.

Hewhoknowsall
I'd like a complex RPG developed by Bioware on the same level of mass effect. It would explore an alternate what if that takes place a few months after the cell games involving an uprising from HFIL. It would have a combat system like Tenchachi (sp?) only with the ability to fly WAY up in the sky and with a level up system.

smile

Bardock42
That's easy, they just need to do a graphically updated, maybe slightly extended "Dragonball Z - Super Saiya Densetsu" that spans from the beginning of Dragonball tot he end of Dragonball Z....

ThunderGodEneru
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
I think the world would be a better place without Dragon Ball. I think you need to shut up and get out. pissed

SaTsuJiN
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
I think the world would be a better place without the Dragon Ball movie.

fix't

SSJ2Vegeta
1. Create a character
2. More what ifs, id love to see super saiyan 3 vegeta

Sado22
Kenshiro as guest appearance.
Kenshro finally gets to fight Goku and smack him around for ripping off his ideas of ki projections big grin

~Sado
P.S. relax DBZ fans, i know kenshiro can't beat goku. just saying.

Bro SMASH
Funny, I was just thinking about guest appearances too.

Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Ah someone else who knows of Piccolo's true ethnic origins.

I'm surprise other people think like that too.

SaTsuJiN
have you guys seen Dragon Ball Z : Raging Blast?..

its essentially Tenkaichi 4.. unfortunately it seems to have minor upgrades at this time...

from what ive seen its

-wall sticks (sticking the enemy to the wall in a stunned status)
-normal projectiles that caused stun have had their stun length increased
-some projectiles seem to travel faster
-there is now an ability to dash straight up into the sky, almost instantly

ICkW2B24ThM

Black Yoshi
I had a feeling there was going to be a fourth game in the series, and it looks pretty cool.

Ridley_Prime
mmm I'm a bit skeptical for some reason, but eh.. looks cool so far I guess.

geshien
Again, character creator.

This video covers a lot points and details.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rd_qt2TWTI0

This series is still cool, but it's getting tired. Seriously, I've no desire to pick up a new DBZ game because, frankly, I already own it.

Gimmie the option to make my own character and I'll probably buy it, granted if they don't muck it up.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.