Horror Remake List

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

deathbycorn
I think I have nearly come up with a list of every remake ever made. Please feel free to add more to the list and post thoughts on which ones you think are decent remakes and which ones are shit. I have only included remakes from 2008 that are official and have trailers.

The Thing (1982)
The Fly (1986)
The Blob (1988)
The Pit and the Pendulum (1990)
Night of the Living Dead (1990)
Bram Stoker's Dracula (1992)
Body Snatchers (1993)
Piranha (1995)
Village of the Damned (1995)
The Shining (1997)
Trucks (1997)
Carnival Of Souls (1998)
Psycho (1998)
The Mummy (1999)
The Haunting (1999)
House on Haunted Hill (1999)
They Nest (2000)
Thirteen Ghosts (2001)
Carrie (2002)
Ring (2002)
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (2003)
The Toolbox Murders (2003)
Dawn of the Dead (2004)
The Grudge (2004)
2001 Maniacs (2005)
The Fog (2005)
House of Wax (2005)
The Amityville Horror (2005)
Ring 2 (2005)
When A Stranger Calls (2006)
The Hills Have Eyes (2006)
The Wicker Man (2006)
The Omen (2006)
The Hitcher (2006)
The Grudge 2 (2006)
Pulse (2006)
Wizard of Gore (2007)
Black Christmas (2007)
Halloween (2007)
I Am Legend (2007)
Prom Night (2008)
April Fools Day (2008)
The Eye (2008)
Shutter (2008)
Funny Games (2008)
Quarantine (2008)
It's Alive (2008)
Mirrors (2008)
Long Weekend (2008)
Friday the 13th (2008)

The ones I think are decent are The Thing, The Blob, Dracula, The Mummy, House on Haunted Hill, 2001 Maniacs, and The Hills Have Eyes. The ones I think are just crap are Halloween, When A Stranger Calls, Prom Night, and April Fool's Day.

MildPossession
Things like House on Haunted Hill, and 13 Ghosts are fine, they are remakes of very old silly films and turned into darker and gorier films.

Out of your list, the ones I like:

The Thing (1982)
The Fly (1986)
Body Snatchers (1993)
The Mummy (1999)
Thirteen Ghosts (2001)
Ring (2002)
Dawn of the Dead (2004)

Add A Tale of Two Sisters, they have remade this Korean horror and will be out soon...

steverules
Friday the 13th is coming out in 2009

MildPossession
Around february time I believe.

steverules
Friday 13th february 2009 is the release date smile

Bat Dude
That's just disgusting...

50 remakes...

With more on the way...

Impediment
Hollywood is filled with hacks and plagiarists nowadays, so what do you expect, honestly?

I admit that I liked the re-makes of Dawn of the Dead, The Fly, The Thing, and The Hills have Eyes, but, in my opinion, Hollywood needs to come up with an original idea.

Evil Dead
Originally posted by Bat Dude
That's just disgusting...

50 remakes...

With more on the way...

yet you have a sig of the dark night Batman? Where's adam west sporting the blue and grey? no Burt Ward? blasphemy! why must they remake classics like Batman? The 60s movie was good enough........no need for Burton's remake or the new ones.

deathbycorn
Little Shop of Horrors (1986)

Kazenji
Originally posted by Evil Dead
yet you have a sig of the dark night Batman? Where's adam west sporting the blue and grey? no Burt Ward? blasphemy! why must they remake classics like Batman? The 60s movie was good enough........no need for Burton's remake or the new ones.

laughing laughing

steverules

I miss the shark repellent sad

Bat Dude

The 60s Batman wasn't really Batman... But this isn't the Batman Forum, so I won't go into that...

Anyway, when they're remaking good movies like Halloween and turning them into garbage, we know that Hollywood's gone down the crapper...

MildPossession
The 60s Batman? pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. Thank god Burton came along, and then Nolan!

Anyway, back to Horror. stick out tongue

Evil Dead
Halloween remake was better than the original. It has a, gasp, plot.

bullshit 60s batman isn't the real batman. Go back and look at your comics again (hell, google Batman #1 issue and check the cover), then watch Superfriends, then the 60s tv show and movie.

admit it, you think somebody remade a movie......a character, and did it better. You probably think both Nolan and Burton's remakes were better.........yet you post in this very thread about the blasphemy of remakes, calling them disgusting, without even the slightest forsight of irony.

Bat Dude
Halloween remake was better than the original. It has a, gasp, plot.

bullshit 60s batman isn't the real batman. Go back and look at your comics again (hell, google Batman #1 issue and check the cover), then watch Superfriends, then the 60s tv show and movie.

admit it, you think somebody remade a movie......a character, and did it better. You probably think both Nolan and Burton's remakes were better.........yet you post in this very thread about the blasphemy of remakes, calling them disgusting, without even the slightest forsight of irony.

When nearly ALL the mainstream horror films coming out are remakes, you know there is a problem... THAT'S what I hate... It's almost all the horror/slasher movies are, now... Saw and remakes...

Kazenji

Yea his outfit was blue, Yellow and Grey, But yet you look at his first apperance it was Black and grey yellow.....oh no shock eek! that looks almost like what he does with these newer movies and tim burtons one and theres no robin.

deathbycorn
Humanoids from the Deep (1996)

deathbycorn
The Vanishing (1993)

deathbycorn
Cape Fear (1991)
The Island of Dr. Moreau (1996)
Godzilla (1998)
Insomnia (2002)
Red Dragon (2002)
Dark Water (2005)
One Missed Call (2008)

MildPossession
I couldn't tell if you were being sarcastic, but Halloween remake better than the original? Oh what a load of rubbish about the plot too. It had the SAME plot as the original but added a load of crap about how Myers became the killer he was, that was part of what was good about the original, we hardly knew anything about it. Remake spoilt that.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

MildPossession
Anyway,

POLTERGEIST

According to THR, the writing duo of Stiles White and Juliet Snowden, both credited with creating the screenplay for the upcoming THE BIRDS remake, have been tapped pen the redo of Tobe Hooper's classic.

MildPossession
Night of the Demons

Here's the synopsis; Angela Feld is throwing the Halloween party to end all Halloween parties at the infamous Broussard Mansion in New Orleans, where dark events transpired almost a century ago. But when the packed party gets busted by the police, Angela and her friends Maddie, Lily, Suzanne, Colin, Dex and Jason are the only ones left behind. Soon Colin and Angela make a grisly discovery in the basement and inexplicable events start to take place. With the mansion gates mysteriously locked, the seven find themselves trapped for the night...and soon they're fighting ancient demons for their very souls .

deathbycorn
Oh don't get me started on remakes that are due.

The Wolfman might be decent though.

MildPossession
That does look decent from the trailer actually. I wasn't big on the original anyway.

Röland
A trailer is out for the Wolf Man remake?

MildPossession
I saw a bootleg trailer from a comic convention that was up online a few weeks ago. Might be able to find it still.

Röland
Originally posted by MildPossession
I saw a bootleg trailer from a comic convention that was up online a few weeks ago. Might be able to find it still.
Yeah, I searched on Youtube and it seems all of the ones I found were taken down because of copyright issues. sad

cropsy_is_god
The amount of classics that get remade or are getting remade is pathetic. I'm sorry but i don't believe remakes should happen there's no need and imo it's ruining the horror genre.

deathbycorn
Some remakes are ok. Just think if we never had remakes, The Thing wouldn't of been made. Same with the better version of The Hills Have Eyes.

MildPossession
Or Hitchcock's classic The Man Who Knew Too Much!

Wow, did one of my posts just get deleted because I can't find it in the only two topics I replied to in here...

MildPossession
Halloween II

A few months ago it was announced that Dimension Films' Bob Weinstein was getting Julien Maury and Alexandre Bustillo to helm a follow-up to Rob Zombie's remake. Rue Morgue Magazine spoke to the pair who confirm "it's a proposition we couldn't refuse." Maury explains they're reverent of Zombie's re-imagining of Michael Myers and they're out to put their stamp on the character not copy what came before them. "Therefore, our vision will be done with upmost respect, with a continuity of Zombie's work but also a real evolution of the world he set in place."

At least they got good film makers this time around, the remake of Halloween was terrible. Inside creators making Halloween II, nice!!

deathbycorn
As if they would bother.

MildPossession
Pardon?

deathbycorn
As if they would bother making a shitty sequel to a shitty remake.

They made the nastiest new-age horror film to date and now they are making Halloween 2? Thats just wrong.

MildPossession
They could make it their own and make it fantastic. Doesn't mean they are doing something below themselves. Halloween 2, the original was not exactly a masterpiece in horror, so a new Halloween II could be good even if it's a sequel to the horrible remake version of Halloween.

Oh, Wolfman remake news, Danny Elfman will be doing the score music for the remake film. Can't wait, adore his music.

deathbycorn
I wouldn't give a hoot if they remade a film in the states or even did a sequel to a film like The Strangers, but come on, to have their name have something to do with Rob Zombie's remake is a disgrace to both the Inside directors and the whole Horror genre. Zombie's remake is pure dreck and should be laughed at by all. I will be so dissapointed if they follow up his remake.

I know they could make a great film. But they should make a better film.

MildPossession
Well looks like they are, so let's just hope they can bring something new to it and make it a classic compared to Zombie's piece of rubbish. Or it falls through and they don't.

deathbycorn
Nah they'll make a good film but man this just sucks, they could make a really good different film. Give them the Hellraiser remake I say.

MildPossession
That would be good! Funny you say that, they were actually going to write and direct it but are no longer doing Hellraiser. Unless that is what you meant. So the company gave them Halloween 2 to do apparently.

deathbycorn
Yeah thats what I meant, how cool would that have been?

Like the Ils directors, they should maybe do a remake in the US. The Eye remake was decent.

If they don't direct this new Halloween, I won't bother seeing it. The first was pathetic.

MildPossession
Would have been fab.

Ils doesn't need a remake, and The Strangers more or less went there...

POLTERGEIST remake:

It's official, Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures has signed Vadim Perelman (HOUSE OF SAND AND FOG) to direct POLTERGEIST. Juliet Snowden and Stiles White are writing the script for the studio.

MildPossession

Wolfie
Halloween II

A few months ago it was announced that Dimension Films' Bob Weinstein was getting Julien Maury and Alexandre Bustillo to helm a follow-up to Rob Zombie's remake. Rue Morgue Magazine spoke to the pair who confirm "it's a proposition we couldn't refuse." Maury explains they're reverent of Zombie's re-imagining of Michael Myers and they're out to put their stamp on the character not copy what came before them. "Therefore, our vision will be done with upmost respect, with a continuity of Zombie's work but also a real evolution of the world he set in place."

At least they got good film makers this time around, the remake of Halloween was terrible. Inside creators making Halloween II, nice!!
It will probably be a sequel to the remake, not a remake of the sequel.

With the different ending in Halloween, the filmmakers will probably have to go down a new path.

MildPossession
The first official Friday the 13th remake trailer will be on the Saw V showings in American cinemas.

The official version of the trailer for Platinum Dunes, Paramount Pictures and Warner Bros.' remake will be out on October 24th with prints of Lionsgate's SAW V

MildPossession
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Cal4l1acBM&feature=related

Can see one trailer for it at this link, it's not very clear since it's bootlegged. Don't know if this is the actual trailer they are going to put on before Saw V.

Looks action packed with a running Jason! That bit right at the end with him running towards that woman on the ground!! ARGHHHHHHHHHH. Unless he doesn't run and it's just some shitty friend playing a trick on the girl.

MildPossession

MildPossession
Night of the Demons

Edward Furlong has joined the cast of NIGHT OF THE DEMONS, the remake of the classic '80s film where a group of teens end up at the Halloween party from hell. He joins Diora Baird (TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE THE BEGINNING), Shannon Elizabeth (AMERICAN PIE), Monica Keena (FREDDY VS. JASON), Tiffany Shepis and more. The remake is being directed by Adam Gierasch from a script by both Gierasch and Jace Anderson.

deathbycorn
Attack of the Giant Leeches is getting an indie remake.

MildPossession
The Crazies:

Overture Films will produce and distribute a remake of the 1973 George A. Romero film says Variety. THE CRAZIES revolves around people in a small Kansas town who are beset by a virus that causes insanity and death after a mysterious toxin contaminates the local water supply. Breck Eisner (SAHARA) will helm from a script by Ray Wright and Scott Kosar. Michael Aguilar and Dean Georgaris will produce, and Romero will serve as executive producer. Production is set to begin early next year.

MildPossession
Hellraiser director:

MildPossession
Friday the 13th:

Vim
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Cal4l1acBM&feature=related

Can see one trailer for it at this link, it's not very clear since it's bootlegged. Don't know if this is the actual trailer they are going to put on before Saw V.

Looks action packed with a running Jason! That bit right at the end with him running towards that woman on the ground!! ARGHHHHHHHHHH. Unless he doesn't run and it's just some shitty friend playing a trick on the girl.

I'll be looking forward to a running Jason. The other one, slow, lumbering, doofwad... is ... eh... BORING.

deathbycorn
There is an official HD teaser trailer out for the Friday the 13th remake.

http://www.myspace.com/trailerpark

You know, it doesn't look that bad...

MildPossession
The Birds:

According to IMDB and various other sources such as the Metro UK, George Clooney is set to topline the remake of Alfred Hitchcock's classic 1963 adaptation of the a short story by Daphne Du Maurier. Martin Campbell is attached to direct the film that is about increasingly vicious birds that terrorize a small town.

MildPossession

MildPossession
Hellraiser

French helmer Pascal Laugier (MARTYRS) is in final negotiations to write and direct Dimension's re-imagining of the HELLRAISER franchise says The Hollywood Reporter. The original 1987 feature, which director Clive Barker based on his own book "The Hellbound Heart", told the story of an unfaithful wife who attempts to assist her dead lover in his escape from hell.

More famously it introduced the demonic Cenobites and their leader Pinhead who became an enduring horror character. The creatures, made up of gory flesh-stretched make-up and rubber, appear in the story when summoned using an antique puzzle box. Laugier, who claims that he'll be very faithful to Barker's material, seems suited as MARTYRS is currently under much controversy due to its unrelenting violent nature.

Looks like he will be doing it now.

deathbycorn
Just like the Inside directors, this will fall through, I bet.

ariwin

MildPossession
Halloween II, sequel to Halloween remake:

Its official: Rob Zombie's 2007 remake of HALLOWEEN is getting a sequel. Producer Malek Akkad was on hand in Pasadena over the weekend for the "Halloween: 30 Years of Terror" convention and he confirmed that a theatrical release is planned for a follow-up. Tyler Mane is encoring as Michael Myers with pre-production expected to begin this January. Shooting is scheduled to commence sometime in March. Akkad is still in negotiations with a potential director, and would not confirm that Alexandre Bustillo and Julien Maury (INSIDE) were a lock for the job as some online outlets have reported.

deathbycorn
Please don't let the Inside directors direct this.

Let the Martyrs director direct it for all I care, I haven't seen it and don't think it will be as good as Inside.

deathbycorn
They are officially off the project now which is great news. I don't wanna hear of it again.

MildPossession
Yep, let's now hope the Martyrs guy isn't put on either. No official replacements yet.

MildPossession
I see Rob Zombie is actually going to direct Halloween II afterall?

Dr. Leg Kick
I see Rob Zombie is actually going to direct Halloween II afterall? Was just about this say this.

He will be making another Halloween.

I still haven't seen the first one, and I plan on not too. From what I hear, Myers is too human, and the childhood story doesn't correspond with the original.

edit:

I can't believe they are remaking 'Let the Right One In'.

It just came out!

By the way, great Swedish film. Loved it.

MildPossession
Well I have no hope for the sequel, I thought the original was horrendous, carry on staying away from it.

I believe the Cloverfield guy is making Let The Right One In remake.

Dr. Leg Kick
The Cloverfield guy is remaking it?

Doomed.

MildPossession
Yep, well last time I read about the remake he was.

They Live remake:

Universal Pictures and Strike Entertainment are in negotiations to acquire the film rights to John Carpenter's 1988 cult feature THEY LIVE. The original sci-fi satire followed a construction worker (Roddy Piper) who discovers sunglasses that let him see aliens walking among us and controlling humanity.

Though there's some notable scenes, particular the film's hilarious final moment where the alien threat is revealed to humanity, it's mostly remembered for its brutal one-on-one fight scene between Piper and Keith David that goes on for five-and-a-half minutes. The film was a commercial flop but has since gained a strong cult following and critical appreciation. No writer is yet set for the remake.

Marc Abraham and Eric Newman will produce while Shep Gordon and Carpenter will serve as executive producers. The deal also includes rights to two other Carpenter cult films - PRINCE OF DARKNESS and VILLAGE OF THE DAMNED - while Strike is also in development of a remake of his signature science-fiction work - 1982's THE THING.

deathbycorn
They Live is one of my favourite horror/sci-fi films and it doesn't really need a remake but a new version with updated effects would be cool.

Its like the 58 and 88 version of The Blob. The 58 is great, but the 88 is better.

MildPossession

Kazenji
That Crow movie is being done by the guy who did the first blade movie and The League of Extrodinary Gentleman movie adaptation.

MildPossession
That LOEG movie was horrendous.

Kris Blaze
Well I have no hope for the sequel, I thought the original was horrendous, carry on staying away from it.

I believe the Cloverfield guy is making Let The Right One In remake.

I don't even understand why they're making a remake of it, it was great! mad

Kazenji
That LOEG movie was horrendous.

They had problems from day one with that movie from a thing that i read on it.

MildPossession
Trailer for the Last House on the Left remake.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/universal/thelasthouseontheleft/

Severen
Suspiria (2010)

Kazenji
Got another remake for the list, Re-Animator

lil bitchiness
Last House on the Left - would the 1970s American version be a remake of Virgin Spring and would the the new one be a remake of a remake?

Possibly.

MildPossession
Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes and Yes, eh.. smile You are correctamundo.

Don't ask...

Kazenji
That Re-Animator remake might turn out good especally if Brian Yuzna is invovled.

MildPossession
Hellraiser:

French director Pascal Laugier (MARTYRS) says his upcoming HELLRAISER will not be a remake but a 'reboot' according to an interview with FilmsActu. Mixing elements from both the first film and Clive Barker's original "The Hellbound Heart" novella, both the characters of Frank and Julia will be present. The first draft of the script, written in French, is finished and is being translated in English. Laugier, who admits he turned down an offer to direct THE STRANGERS sequel.

Also:

MARTYRS remake, According to the director of the original Pascal Laugier, Fox are the one who bought the rights for the remake.

deathbycorn
Sorority Row trailer is out now. Remake of The House on Sorority Row.

http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=9966

Looks good. Just like the Black Christmas remake.

deathbycorn
Some more confirmed remakes.

My Bloody Valentine 3D (2009)
Last House on the Left (2009)
Children of the Corn (2009)
Night of the Demons (2009)
The Uninvited (2009)
Sorority Row (2009)
The Crazies (2009)

7 remakes already named for this year and its only March!

deathbycorn
Also the Terror Train remake was made in 2008 but hasn't come out yet.

Train (2008)

MildPossession
Wow, you have just listed a load that have already been mentioned... and some have been out for a while already. The makers of Train have said it's not a remake of Terror Train, and that an actual remake of Terror Train will be made in the future.

The Black Christmas remake was absolute rubbish.

As for HOSR, I didn't think much of the original and can't even remember who the killer turned out to be. The remake looks decent and I love the bit with Carrie Fisher at the end, ha ha.

deathbycorn
Wow, you have just listed a load that have already been mentioned... and some have been out for a while already. The makers of Train have said it's not a remake of Terror Train, and that an actual remake of Terror Train will be made in the future.

The Black Christmas remake was absolute rubbish.

As for HOSR, I didn't think much of the original and can't even remember who the killer turned out to be. The remake looks decent and I love the bit with Carrie Fisher at the end, ha ha.

Oh please, enough with your attitude. It makes me laugh.

I refer back to this list for posts on other forums and only refer back to my posts with genuine remakes that have trailers, not just ones that are 'in talks'. If you read my posts in this thread you will find that every remake that has come out or has a trailer or has some sort of proof that it is coming out has been listed by me.

Train was originally titled Terror Train. I wouldn't say its not a remake untill you see it for yourself. For all you know it could be a word for word remake.

Black Christmas remake was fun. MBV 3D was fun. Sorority Row will be fun.

steverules_2
Halloween 2007
Hills have eyes 2006
TCM 2005

Yeah bet these haven't been listed dur

MildPossession
Duh, those have already been listed and have been out like for ageesssssssssssssssss, I will spank your bottom for being so silly stick out tongue

You confirmed a few remakes that have been out for some time now, so it was pretty pointless when there are threads on some of them, and have already been named in this thread. Doesn't matter if confirmed or not(a lot of them mentioned were already greenlit).

Just find it a pointless thing to just list names of remakes that have already been talked about in here, or in their own topics in this section.

No attitude about it. Just pointing out the meaningless of it.

I didn't say anything about your House on Sorority Row. Nothing wrong with talking about a remake again when providing something extra too it like a trailer.

I'm going by what the film makers of Train said themselves in an interview.

deathbycorn
This is what I mean MP. I want a list of every remake that comes out by year. And I thank you for writing down some remakes. Get me now?

The Thing (1982)
The Fly (1986)
The Blob (1988)
Cape Fear (1991)
The Vanishing (1993)
Body Snatchers (1993)
Piranha (1995)
The Shining (1997)
Trucks (1997)
Godzilla (1998)
Carnival Of Souls (1998)
Psycho (1998)
The Mummy (1999)
The Haunting (1999)
They Nest (2000)
Thirteen Ghosts (2001)
The Shaft (2001)
Red Dragon (2002)
Insomnia (2002)
Carrie (2002)
Ring (2002)
Dawn of the Dead (2004)
The Grudge (2004)
Dark Water (2005)
2001 Maniacs (2005)
The Fog (2005)
House of Wax (2005)
Ring 2 (2005)
The Wicker Man (2006)
The Omen (2006)
The Hitcher (2006)
The Grudge 2 (2006)
Pulse (2006)
Wizard of Gore (2007)
Black Christmas (2007)
Halloween (2007)
I Am Legend (2007)
Prom Night (2008)
April Fools Day (2008)
One Missed Call (2008)
The Eye (2008)
Shutter (2008)
Funny Games (2008)
Quarantine (2008)
It's Alive (2008)
Mirrors (2008)
Train (2008)
Attack of the Giant Leeches (2008)
Long Weekend (2008)
Friday the 13th (2009)
The Uninvited (2009)
Sorority Row (2009)
The Crazies (2009)

steverules_2
Duh, those have already been listed and have been out like for ageesssssssssssssssss, I will spank your bottom for being so silly stick out tongue

I spank your bottom...well just for the fun of it stick out tongue

MildPossession
stick out tongue Got to get near me first.

DC - You have that list at the start of a 5 page topic with a few new additions on, so you're going to make the same list everytime remakes come out every year in the same topic...

Toku King
Originally posted by deathbycorn
This is what I mean MP. I want a list of every remake that comes out by year. And I thank you for writing down some remakes. Get me now?

The Thing (1982)
The Fly (1986)
The Blob (1988)
Cape Fear (1991)
The Vanishing (1993)
Body Snatchers (1993)
Piranha (1995)
The Shining (1997)
Trucks (1997)
Godzilla (1998)
Carnival Of Souls (1998)
Psycho (1998)
The Mummy (1999)
The Haunting (1999)
They Nest (2000)
Thirteen Ghosts (2001)
The Shaft (2001)
Red Dragon (2002)
Insomnia (2002)
Carrie (2002)
Ring (2002)
Dawn of the Dead (2004)
The Grudge (2004)
Dark Water (2005)
2001 Maniacs (2005)
The Fog (2005)
House of Wax (2005)
Ring 2 (2005)
The Wicker Man (2006)
The Omen (2006)
The Hitcher (2006)
The Grudge 2 (2006)
Pulse (2006)
Wizard of Gore (2007)
Black Christmas (2007)
Halloween (2007)
I Am Legend (2007)
Prom Night (2008)
April Fools Day (2008)
One Missed Call (2008)
The Eye (2008)
Shutter (2008)
Funny Games (2008)
Quarantine (2008)
It's Alive (2008)
Mirrors (2008)
Train (2008)
Attack of the Giant Leeches (2008)
Long Weekend (2008)
Friday the 13th (2009)
The Uninvited (2009)
Sorority Row (2009)
The Crazies (2009)

That's actually kind of disturbing.

MildPossession
and that's just Horror. Remakes have been going on for decades and decades.

deathbycorn
I'm a completist, this is what completists do!

Yeah like Lord of the Flies in the early 90's.

steverules_2
stick out tongue Got to get near me first.

DC - You have that list at the start of a 5 page topic with a few new additions on, so you're going to make the same list everytime remakes come out every year in the same topic...

Well I'm sure you'll just tell me where you live so I can come track you down and spank you stick out tongue

deathbycorn
You have that list at the start of a 5 page topic with a few new additions on, so you're going to make the same list everytime remakes come out every year in the same topic...

If I could edit posts after 15 minutes I'd just edit the first list but because you didn't understand what I was trying to do I posted the revised list up. Next batch of remakes that come out I'll get the moderator to edit my post and add them to the list.

lil bitchiness
You know, now that we're discussing re-makes, there are many movies I had no idea were re-makes of foregin movies. Although not a horror, 12 Monkeys is a re-make of a French short movie.

I am sure some older ones must be re-makes as well, such as original Last House on the Left.

MildPossession
It would be nice if someone would edit it all into the first post list everytime instead of making the topic messy, and delete all the new lists added above. It is possible by moderators. smile

Yeah 12 Monkeys is a remake of La Jetee/Jette, can never remember spelling. It's worth the look, it's made up of lots of photos made to look like a film. I'd rather watch 12 Monkeys again if I had to repeat a viewing.

Remakes having been going for ages, Hitchcock even remade one of his own films.

lil bitchiness

LordPrydon
I just cannot believe they are actually making a remake of A Nightmare on Elm Street-without Robert Englund. He made the series what it is today even if later sequels played up the wisecracking comedy routines lacking in the original film.

cropsy_is_god
This is pathetic the amount of remakes that are not needed at all but will be made. Their the reason I've stopped caring about the Horror genre so much. Also I believe Last House on the left is getting a remake which i have to laugh at because the original was only released fully uncut in the U.K late last year so i don't expect to the the remake get a release or be as Violent as the original which wasn't that graphic anyway.

MildPossession
Last House on the Left remake has been out for some time in America now.

The original you speak of by Wes Craven is a remake too... yes a far gorier one, but it's a remake.

cropsy_is_god
Is I Spit on your grave getting a remake ? I heard a while back that Last house was and thought i read ISOYG was as well. I hope i read wrong.

MildPossession
There is nothing official about a I Spit on Your Grave remake that is greenlit yet, and Craven's Last House is a remake yes.

MildPossession
Faces of Death

The Dread Central web site interviewed director JT Petty about the release of his latest film THE BURROWERS on DVD April 21st, and he gave them the skinny on what direction his proposed remake of FACES OF DEATH will be taking.

"It looks like FACES OF DEATH will be the next project of mine to get the green light," Petty told them. "I'm not really big into 'camp'. I think horror definitely wants to be funny, but I think camp is explicitly not horror. Making bloodletting safe is basically what camp is about. It's a fine thing to do, but I'm just not interested. So basically what I'd love to do with FACES OF DEATH is make something that's as scary for me to watch now as a thirty-two- year-old as the original was for me to watch when I was twelve. I remember not watching that movie because I was so scared of the fact that you're watching people really die. It's impossible to have that feeling once you're a grown, jaded horror fanatic, but the closest we can get is kind of what we're all chasing."

"What is still effective about FACES OF DEATH is that all of that actual autopsy footage which is so obviously real leaves you so unbalanced that anything that they're showing you around that has this weird kind of effect," JT continues. "Being that it's sharing footage with that honest footage lends it a unique kind of effectiveness. A lot of what we want to do with the remake is playing with what's real and what's not in terms of what you're seeing. There is an interesting line to draw between real violence and fake violence. Like how much more perverse is it to sneak real violence into a big Hollywood movie and disguise it as a special effect than making any underground horror film that you can make? Or making people curious about if what they're seeing is real or not."

"The whole trick of FACES OF DEATH is that there's no reason to make the original FACES OF DEATH now," Petty adds. "Like if a twelve-year-old kid wants to watch people die, they can just go online. They can watch Saddam Hussein die, so you don't care about some redneck alligator warden in Florida. The fact that that's so easy for kids or anyone to see now -- in fact it takes an effort not to watch people die now -- seems so much more frightening than this original collection of so-called stuff."

Big deal, we had a real life autopsy on a main television channel here in England a few years ago... so that will be nothing new.

stick out tongue

MildPossession
Piranha 3D

The Moviehole.net web site confirmed that Elisabeth Sue will in fact be starring in Alexandre Aja's film, Dimension Films' remake of Joe Dante's classic from 1978. "Shue is playing the role of Sherrif Julie Forester, a take-charge authority figure in the community of Lake Victoria - where the action/ankle-biting takes place," the site reports. "She's the mother of Jake (one of the central characters in the film - the shy teenager who gets to prove his worth when human-eating fish threaten his family and friends), Laura and Zane." Shue started her career as the sexy "girl next door" in classic 80's films such as THE KARATE KID, BACK TO THE FUTURE 2 and ADVENTURE IN BABYSITTING.

As long as it's better than his Mirrors remake, I'll be happy.

MildPossession
More Piranha 3D

Adam Scott is taking a break from comedy and moving over to horror. The star of STEP BROTHERS and KNOCKED UP is going to have to watch his step when he toplines Alexandre Aja's PIRANHA 3D, the remake of Joe Dante's classic film from 1978, reports Moviehole.net. The film, starring Elisabeth Shue, is set in Lake Havasu, Arizona, where a tremor causes the lake's floor to open, setting free scores of prehistoric piranhas. It's up to Shue's character, the local Sheriff, and her teenage son, to essentially save the day. Scott will play Novak, a diver for the US Geological Service who helps discover the piranha outbreak. The remake hits theaters May 19, 2010.

MildPossession

deathbycorn
Instead of cutting and pasting why don't you put all that into your words.

MildPossession
I'm posting up news for people who are interested and some might not have come across such information... that's why it is in italics to show it is not my work. Words that are not in italics are mine.

MildPossession
Okay, some more remake news. I haven't seen the original.

Twisted Pictures, The Genre Company Rat Entertainment and LightTower Entertainment teaming to produce the potential horror franchise starter MOTHER'S DAY. Darren Lynn Bousman (REPO! THE GENETIC OPERA) helms this loose remake of Charles Kaufman's 1980 Troma Films cult horror classic which follows a family of villains. Led by a smart, manipulative and sadistic mother, they return to the house where they grew up and terrorize the new owners and their guests. Scott Milam penned the script and a Mother's Day 2010 release is planned.

BruceSkywalker
Okay, some more remake news. I haven't seen the original.

Twisted Pictures, The Genre Company Rat Entertainment and LightTower Entertainment teaming to produce the potential horror franchise starter MOTHER'S DAY. Darren Lynn Bousman (REPO! THE GENETIC OPERA) helms this loose remake of Charles Kaufman's 1980 Troma Films cult horror classic which follows a family of villains. Led by a smart, manipulative and sadistic mother, they return to the house where they grew up and terrorize the new owners and their guests. Scott Milam penned the script and a Mother's Day 2010 release is planned.

Mother's Day was campy fun

deathbycorn
There is also an I Saw What You Did remake coming out.

MildPossession
Yeah, the My Bloody Valentine remake guys are making it, I Saw What You Did and I Know Who You Are. What a title...

Christopher Lloyd has joined the Piranha 3D remake.

deathbycorn
Title is too similar to I Know What You Did Last Summer.

SDB
Originally posted by cropsy_is_god
The amount of classics that get remade or are getting remade is pathetic. I'm sorry but i don't believe remakes should happen there's no need and imo it's ruining the horror genre. i disagree with you, remakes are OK if your remaking a bad or outdated movie, like the thing or the fly which were better then the originals, but the problem lies when they remake a good movie. which will always end with a love/hate it argument, so as long as they leave the great classics alone, and only remake the shitty and outdated movies. I'm fine with it, though i think Hollywood writers should start earning there pay and come up with newer stuff as well.

MildPossession
Funhouse

He has a point, I need to drag out my DVD of Funhouse and watch it again, but I don't remember finding it that fantastic. I like the sound of the 'freak museum'. Could be a good remake. Any excuse to have a freakshow/carnival themed film for me. smile

2LDK

I've yet to see the original but have been wanting to see it for years.

MildPossession
Friday the 13th II & The Birds

MildPossession
Bride of Frankenstein:

I can't really remember the original, must see it again. Oo the director seems a nice choice because the atmosphere of The Illusionist was rather good.

deathbycorn
Willard (2003) is also a remake I need to add to my remake list.

deathbycorn
Cat People (1982) is also not on my list.

MildPossession
Looks like An American Werewolf in London will get a remake sometime in the future since Landis has gone and sold the rights to Dimension films...

BruceSkywalker
Looks like An American Werewolf in London will get a remake sometime in the future since Landis has gone and sold the rights to Dimension films...

I love the original..

so I hope this one has lots of good violence

MildPossession
Fright Night

Another to miss for me until the 2D version on DVD.

An American Werewolf in London

MildPossession
The Gate

MildPossession
The Orphanage

Don't touch this? and Del Toro is a producer on the remake?!?!

snuff hunter
you missed out land of death which is a very crap cannibal holocaust remake,, do NOT buy or watch this film,, you have been warned,

but the only good films from your list is

the thing and the blob,,

the rest of them are crap, n

snuff hunter
Faces of Death

The Dread Central web site interviewed director JT Petty about the release of his latest film THE BURROWERS on DVD April 21st, and he gave them the skinny on what direction his proposed remake of FACES OF DEATH will be taking.

"It looks like FACES OF DEATH will be the next project of mine to get the green light," Petty told them. "I'm not really big into 'camp'. I think horror definitely wants to be funny, but I think camp is explicitly not horror. Making bloodletting safe is basically what camp is about. It's a fine thing to do, but I'm just not interested. So basically what I'd love to do with FACES OF DEATH is make something that's as scary for me to watch now as a thirty-two- year-old as the original was for me to watch when I was twelve. I remember not watching that movie because I was so scared of the fact that you're watching people really die. It's impossible to have that feeling once you're a grown, jaded horror fanatic, but the closest we can get is kind of what we're all chasing."

"What is still effective about FACES OF DEATH is that all of that actual autopsy footage which is so obviously real leaves you so unbalanced that anything that they're showing you around that has this weird kind of effect," JT continues. "Being that it's sharing footage with that honest footage lends it a unique kind of effectiveness. A lot of what we want to do with the remake is playing with what's real and what's not in terms of what you're seeing. There is an interesting line to draw between real violence and fake violence. Like how much more perverse is it to sneak real violence into a big Hollywood movie and disguise it as a special effect than making any underground horror film that you can make? Or making people curious about if what they're seeing is real or not."

"The whole trick of FACES OF DEATH is that there's no reason to make the original FACES OF DEATH now," Petty adds. "Like if a twelve-year-old kid wants to watch people die, they can just go online. They can watch Saddam Hussein die, so you don't care about some redneck alligator warden in Florida. The fact that that's so easy for kids or anyone to see now -- in fact it takes an effort not to watch people die now -- seems so much more frightening than this original collection of so-called stuff."

Big deal, we had a real life autopsy on a main television channel here in England a few years ago... so that will be nothing new.

it wasnt england,, it was british tv,, i watched it in scotland
stick out tongue

MildPossession
I'm in England, therefore I watched it in England...

Kazenji
I found out Poltergeist is up for a remake now.

MildPossession
Original is a classic.

TMPC
The Orphanage

Don't touch this? and Del Toro is a producer on the remake?!?!
Are subtitles reallly that annoying? Just watch the original!

~ TMPC

MildPossession
I don't have a problem with subtitles, and the original is one of my all time favourites...

Kazenji
Add Blob to the list, Rob Zombie is remaking it.

MildPossession
Another Blob film, hasn't it been remade already...

Kazenji
Yeah theres two of them

The Blob (1958)
The Blob (1988)

I wonder if Rob Zombies one will be the better one.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Kazenji
Yeah theres two of them

The Blob (1958)
The Blob (1988)

I wonder if Rob Zombies one will be the better one.

the blob may be good this time around

MildPossession
Could be, didn't particulary remember enjoying the other ones, the new one would also have better special effects hopefully.

MildPossession
I could have sworn there was a Children of the Corn topic here, oh well, anyway they are making yet another Children of the Corn film:

Kazenji
I bet deathbycorn will be pumped for it.

MildPossession
Well Nathan/Deathbycorn isn't here to talk about it for another week or so...

Unfortunately, some Suspiria remake news:

Darth Martin
Add The Stepfather to the list.

deathbycorn
MP don't ever call someone you don't know by their first name.

Only people who know each other call each other by first name.

You don't me and have no right by calling me my first name and its a bit weird and makes me paranoid that people are looking for info about me on the internet.

But yeah Dimension's remake of COTC is something I'm looking forward to. It should at least better Anchor Bay/SyFy's.

MildPossession
Nathan don't mention your name on the internet if you don't want it used. I remember someone else mentioning it on this website actually ages ago.

Be happy.

Yeah saw the trailer for that, is it going straight to dvd?

deathbycorn
I use my name on the site I gave you a link for ages ago. So you have got it off there - I have never used my name here. Oh and when you said I've been banned before off another forum - well they let me back on - I was banned because I didn't send a MOD cash for a DVD he sent me. But thats all sorted and thats why I hardly post here because its a pathetic horror forum and I thought you of all people would of realised that by now and came to a really active and informative forum like the one at the link I gave you. Please don't post the link on this forum - its for you only because i think you have a decent opinion of horror films.

MildPossession
I don't have this link now, can't even remember you giving the link to me, so you don't have to worry about me posting it. I might be on the link you gave me already, I just don't know the name of the board.

If you think the Horror section on here in pathetic, why don't you just leave and not bother posting? You keep coming back...

deathbycorn
Well obviously you know what site I'm talking about because you know I was banned from it.

deathbycorn
And its an Australian forum which is the sister-country of England so I thought you'd rather post on an Australian forum than a stupid American forum with a bunch of wanker Americans.

BackFire
You have fun at that new forum, then. You won't be back here.

Also, this isn't even an American forum. Jesus Christ.

FireBack
edit - troll

MildPossession
Oh, I thought you meant that Upcoming Horror films/UHM message board, all I can find in my history is a DVD Resurrections board, though I didn't join it, not on any Australian message boards.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>