Naraku vs. Dante

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Pyron_Knight
This is Naraku 2.0 or to be more precise, the form he took after Mt. Hakurei.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/3b/Naraku3241ru.jpg

He is fighting Dante from DMC4. Dante gets any gun or sword he's ever had access to but he is not allowed any time-manipulation powers.

The fight is to the death.

Csdabest
Naraku gets wtf pwned

leonheartmm
naraku is like a bug to dante. even naraku with the complete shikon no tama wud be killed.

Pyron_Knight
No, leon.

I'll let the DMC fans answer some questions...if and ony if the answer is absolutely yes to all of them, can he even have a chance.

1. Can Dante produce levels of firepower far above this in a single attack?
BgzS-656nrU

Inu also has used his WS to destroy mountains casually.

That attack can not get through Naraku's barrier.
So, Dante needs something far stronger than that if he wants to actually get at Naraku.

2. Can Dante survive a corrosive miasma that can be produced in massive clouds in a second and that can both melt away mountains and forests in well under a minute/

3. Can Dante kill Naraku?
At this point, Naraku does not have his heart any longer. In terms of regenerative powers, Naraku and Dante aren't even in the same solar system. Naraku is more like Alucard or Majin Buu and can completely reform his body in a few seconds.

So, you have to prove:
-Dante is above a mountain buster.
-Dante can survive something that melted most of a mountain in a few seconds.
-Kill someone who's immortal and can regen his body in seconds

Oh and those are only Naraku's most basic powers. God forbid I start bringing in the Wind Tunnel or his psionic powers. Poor Dante be even dead-er..

leonheartmm
dante has killed a conceptual being who was the embodiement of the concept of dispair and was made out of flames and cud destroy the earth. the savior, which was a statue as large as a tall mountain was magical creature magically powered which was beaten by dante. the structure covering saviour{which was large enough to be clearly visible from the horizon} was cut in one singloe slash by dante with his dimension cutting ability. dante has been to the underworld without much problem, he killed mundus who cud have destroyed the normal world. dante battles beings who move as fast as light {shadow, and neo knowights}. dante can warp dimensions and control time as well as teleport. he easily destroyed DEMONS who were as larger than the tallest skyscrapper. his regeneration is such that even when, as a teen, he was impaled by around 6 or 7 chest width scuthes of grim reapers with magic, he casually ate his pizza and went on to kill them all without even bothering to take out the scythes. he has been continuously impaled and recovers with ease from magical attacks. the only difference between him and naraku is that no1 has actually been able to slice and SEPERATE a part of dante's anatomy from his body, because he is so strong. dante easily took an explosion that destroyed an entire town.

so there u go, dante is lightyears ahead of naraku. as i said{and i say this being a HUGE fan of inuyasha in general} even naraku with the shikon no tama doesnt have a PRAYER against dante. this is an utter mismatch.

Pyron_Knight
No one in DMC is anything approaching a planet buster.

How did he beat it?

And what was it made out of? Being tall as a mountain =/= being as durable as one.

Dimension cutting? Hm. That be helpful here indeed.

The underworld? Oooh. How impressive!
Not.

And no, Mundus could not destroy the world.

No one in DMC is lightspeed.

That is standard for Inuyasha.

Oh and Naraku can teleport.

And leon, you have lied several times and generally can't get facts straight.
I'll look for a better source and see how much of your claims are actually true.

Pyron_Knight
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=9537020& amp;highlight=Dante+lightspeed+userid%3A48450#post

The irony! I go looking for a reliable source to support your claim and I find:

Wow, Leon. Talk about shot down. SHe' a Dante fan but she's not a liar like you. So, sorry, but most of your points just got trashed.

Nemesis X
You guys are forgetting something. Naraku can only die if you destroy his heart but he got it out of him and now its whereabouts is unknown so Dante is just gonna keep fighting Naraku nonstop. DMC fans are gonna be mad at me for saying this: Naraku owns Dante.

Dark-Jaxx
I doubt Dante could ever even hurt Naraku.

And Leon said Dante could beat the Living Tribunal(shit you I do not), this is no surprise.

Charlotte DeBel
I was asked to judge that from the position of an expert in Dante. And I see some BS coming from Leon.
Sorry, I don't know WTF is that Naraku guy (my knowledge of anime sucks), but I was asked to sort out facts from BS.

First, let's see what version of Dante is used. DMC4 one aka 30years old Dante. The feats canon for him are the ones from DMC1, DMC3, official comics\manga and anime.
DMC2 and Nocturne (though Nocturne is canon only in terms of Dante's stats, that's basically a fanfiction depicting DMC2 Dante and other than Capcom-approved stats, brought from DMC2, non-canon) haven't happened yet by the time of DMC4- they depict 40 years old Dante.
So DMC2 is not avaliable here (not happened yet for the form of Dante used) and there go Despair Embodied feat and total control over Sparda form.

Dante's regeneration feats are good enough to allow him to take multiple stabs in vital organs like nothing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljVKGGWQHPs
Here's the "cutting through dimension" feat Leon adressed. That's the thing that allows Yamato to cut through anything on human plane of reality- be it a piece of bullshit or primary adamantium. It cuts through the human plane of reality itself, and the only weapons that can block it are the ones forged on demon plane of reality or divine one (thus non-human).
In DMC4 Dante depicts that in a couple of movies called "dimension slash".

Pyron_Knight
Thanks Charlotte.

On the dimension-cutting sword, has it failed to cut anything?

ALso, what of worlds that don't have a "demon plane" but are in fact infested with demons? Naraku for instance lives on normal Earth but he is a demon who can travel to other planes of existence.
It seems kinda...bizarre to say he can cut adamantium but wouldn't be able to cut something less durable just because it's from another dimension.

Charlotte DeBel
Now onto "lightspeed foes". Fighting things like Hellhounds and Blitzes is impressive feat, but Dante himself IS NOT LIGHTSPEEDSTER. He has good enough reflexes to keep up with shadowporting\turning into energy foes. You doesn't need to be a Flash to beat the shit out of Nightcrawler which is an analogue of Hellhound porting. Also there's only finite number of suitable directions for attack, and low level demons aren't exactly Brainiacs in terms of intellegence. Dante, while sometimes overdoing with humor, is combat-smart enough to predict their moves.
Thus he can beat lightspeed foes (providing that "turning into energy" foes really move on lightspeed and don't suffer from SW blaster syndrome), but NOT an lightspeed mover himself. Though he's capable on instant movement via combat teleportation (an example is depicted in video above), he can't run\fly on lightspeed.
The top speed feat calculated was through comparing of Nero Angelo Vergil and Sparda Dante forms, as Vergil was depicted going at 1% of lightspeed in DMC1, and we know that "artificially ascended" Vergil's demonic form is NOT faster than Dante's Sparda form.
But that's about Sparda form and total control over it=DMC2, not DMC4- Dante has 4 years to master it yet.

The biggest Dante's trump cards in the fight- Yamato's "dimension slashing" properties, and Dreadnought "armour" from RG style, where Dante turns the absorbed energy of enemies' attack into armour giving him the properties of Juggernaut (the duration of effect depends on amouth of absorbed energy).

But since the "heart" thing is true, the fight is totally pointless here. Dante just can't win and that's spite.

Charlotte DeBel
Originally posted by Pyron_Knight
Thanks Charlotte.

On the dimension-cutting sword, has it failed to cut anything?

ALso, what of worlds that don't have a "demon plane" but are in fact infested with demons? Naraku for instance lives on normal Earth but he is a demon who can travel to other planes of existence.
It seems kinda...bizarre to say he can cut adamantium but wouldn't be able to cut something less durable just because it's from another dimension.

It failed to cut Rebellion, the weapon forged from the demonic metal by demons and belonging to Dante (previously belonging to Sparda).
It's not bizzare, since sword in fact doesn't cut through the matter, it cuts through... the place where the matter was (supported by the way Dimension Slash move executed- multiple mini-portals open in the air as the sword goes through it). In fact it opens mini-rift in place- a portal going through the matter. If the matter is from demonic plane of reality, then Yamato interacts with it just as any durable mystical sword.
Dante's father used Yamato's dimension cutting properties to open gates from Hell to Earth (none of Sparda's sons have since that discovered that Yamato can in fact "tear" the portals to hell and use it just to cut things, sometimes from distance and in cool-looking ways) that's why the Order hunted Yamato in DMC4.
Since Naraku is demon and belongs to multiple planes of existance, it's depending on many factors. Probably Yamato would be just regular sword forged from demonic metal- but Dante even as 17years old was skilled enough to cut things from distance with his default sword- Rebellion. That's simply a creation of energy wave by pumping his demonic energy into sword:
http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/2742/pg134135ox6.th.jpg

The only two swords having "dimension cutting" properties in DMCverse are Yamato and full power Sparda sword. Both are in Dante's possession in that fight, but as I've said above- they probably will affect Naraku just as regular ultra-durable swords in hands of skilled swordsman.

Pyron_Knight
Fair enough then. I'll get some more vids of what Naraku can do and post them later.

However, can you tell me what is Dante's best durability feat? The vids I'm getting show Naraku melting a forest in his weaker form and in the form he is in now, disintegrating a mountain. He can unleash those attacks any time he wishes and in seconds.
So could Dante survive that?

Charlotte DeBel
Fair enough then. I'll get some more vids of what Naraku can do and post them later.

However, can you tell me what is Dante's best durability feat? The vids I'm getting show Naraku melting a forest in his weaker form and in the form he is in now, disintegrating a mountain. He can unleash those attacks any time he wishes and in seconds.
So could Dante survive that?

Dante has developed the immunity to demonic magic by the times of DMC2 (it's degree at DMC4 is unknown, but since at DMC4 he's already the strongest demonic entity on the planet and is totally bored because of not having worthy adversary, it's maybe 90% or something) and has resistance to elemental-based attacks, but it was relatively small stuff in terms of area effect.
He can, however, survive at the ground zero of powerful hellfire explosion (DMC1, taming the Ifrit) and takes lava like nothing. In DMC anime, directly preceeding DMC4 in terms of chronology, he takes on a demonic analogy of unsealed Alucard (who lashes out at him with all his might and was controlling a good piece of North America with his power (seeing by the pentagram spreading on the globe), yet got depowered\separated from his power by a DT flux of true Sparda form). Anime is lame, yet canon (the reason for Dante being in that thread, and it's place in chronology- before DMC4 (bored Dante fighting low level demons all the time minus last 2 episodes with Abigal where Dante finally goes all out, arranging "sparring match" with Trish to cure boredom somehow and all that stuff).

If Naraku uses demonic magic for his area attacks, then probably his performance against Dante would be poorer than expected. If it's an elemental magic with no demonic routes, then I see Dante's awesome healing factor and RG energy absorbtion\Juggernaut energy armour being his only saving grace.

Pyron_Knight
Well if anything produced by a demon qualifies as demon energy or magic, then yes I guess it wouldn't work that well.

However it's not like a spell or DBZ ki blast. It's called Shōki (miasma in English) and it's a poison/corrosive substance. Naraku can make it a liquid (as he can produce lakes of the stuff) or a gas (when he creates huge clouds of it). So I dunno what that qualifies as.

Charlotte DeBel
Well if anything produced by a demon qualifies as demon energy or magic, then yes I guess it wouldn't work that well.

However it's not like a spell or DBZ ki blast. It's called Shōki (miasma in English) and it's a poison/corrosive substance. Naraku can make it a liquid (as he can produce lakes of the stuff) or a gas (when he creates huge clouds of it). So I dunno what that qualifies as.

One of the powers "composite Abigal" displayed worked that way (gotten from "wishmaker" demon), though on low level. It affected Dante when he's caught unaware, and both in anime and DMC1 magic resistance is "turned on" consciously. Though there both opponents are aware they're in combat and Dante will probably make a combination of his performance against "composite Abigal" and Mundus (Saviour was just a big ass statue animated with demonic magic, nothing impressive) thus giving his best performance against demonic magic (almost total immunity, and given "composite Abigal" feat, he was able to burn off his enchantments (sufficient to affect a good chunk of North America by demonic magic- creating a never ending horde of demons, a huge pentagram covering part of globe etc) just by making him defend against full out Sparda form for about 20 seconds- an unexperienced user of Abigal power has to put it all on defence against Dante going all out on him). Though Naraku is not an overpowered noob, so "composite Abigal" is not 100% accurate example.
But even in terms of "sucker punches" our handsome whitehaired half-demon can only be knocked out with that, not killed. And given that Naraku is truly unkillable, it probably ends in stalemate.

gryphon28
Naraku would win because as many times as Dante hits him he would just come back to gather and Dante would must likely get tired and naraku might absorb him then

Pyron_Knight
Wow. i completely forgot about that.
I wonder if Naraku could absorb Dante.

Charlotte, Naraku is made of hundreds of demons. He finds and absorbs other strong demons to gain more power.

One time he was skewered through the chest by a demon's arm and simply absorbed him that way. So I guess all he really has to do is weaken Dante and then touch him to start to pull the poor guy into his body.

I dunno if it would work though.

gryphon28
Naraku seems to be able to absorb any body he wants he tried it on many before

Nemesis X
Naraku doesn't have his heart with him so he can't die. I don't know why we're talking about a fight since we already know who the winner is.

gryphon28
I know Naraku would dominate this battle

Pyron_Knight
QreGNrsqazc
First up, we see basically beginning of series Naraku releasing a "cloud of destruction" that vaporizes a forest and leaves behind a massive crater.
Then we see Naraku 2.0 beginning to disintegrate a mountain and finally we see the mountain collapse.

The first feat was effortless and the latter feat was just a side-effect and Naraku wasn't trying at all.

Now Naraku also has other powrs not shown. For instance, he has a barrier that covers all sides of his body and that is always up as long as he wills it. It took the Wind Scar
BgzS-656nrU

With no problems. And as of his transformation, Naraku can redirect all energy that hits his barrier and rebound it on whoever attacked him.

Charlotte DeBel
Originally posted by Nemesis X
Naraku doesn't have his heart with him so he can't die. I don't know why we're talking about a fight since we already know who the winner is.

The fight is pointless spite in Naraku favour. If one combatant can't die and can't be KOed, that's spite.
One can claim "BFR him to Hell with Yamato" but that won't work since Dante isn't aware of that aspect of his father's heritage and Naraku can BFR him as well.

As for "eat him alive"\absorb him- "composite Abigal" tried that but failed to kill Dante that way, but then "composite Abigal" was overpowered noob, who got schooled by Dante once he got serious.

And as for his "destruction clouds"- if that's some kind of mystical acid, then Dante is at disadvantage. He can survive in unhabitable atmosphere, but mystical acids put strain on his healing factor and reduce his durability, leaving him more vulnerable (proven by Leviathan's stomach acid (DMC3) and acid mist in DMC4- they strained his healing a lot). So...Dante seems to be at disadvantage here, but once again- I'm unaware whether that cloud is superpotent version of acid mist or anything else.

leonheartmm
question, why are people discounting dante's feats from devil may cry 2? its cannon after all. also dark-jaxxx, fro the last time, STOP LYING OUT OF YOUR ASS! i said IF we consider feats in NOCTURNE to be cannon THEN dante can possibly beat licing tribunal{then and only THEN, do NOT bring this up again}.

as for lightspeed, shadow was a lightsepeed opponent and dante bested him. and dante can slow down time, so yes, he can battle lightspeed opponents. to claim that no1 in DMC dan destroy the world is a LIE again, mundus cud have destroyed the normal world if he was allowerd to fully come out. and the despair embodied can DEFINATELY destroy the world, it was an abstract being, a god, who embodied the concept of despair and was immortal, and dante STILL killed him, naraku's regenration isnt going to help him stay alive. seeing infact that a naraku with a perfect shikon no tama was KILLED by a purification arrow. there is NUTHING naraku can do to hurt dante, his poison and mist attacks are useless. {oh btw, in alastor's devil trigger form, dante can move as fast as lightening"lightening speed" } if you have something CANNON to go on, please continue to debate, if not, just dont. ive read the entire inuyasha manga, its one of my favourites. and naraku is very strong, stronger than people give him credit for, but dante is on a completely different level. he doesnt even have to KILL him, he simply has to DEFEAT him{and there is a difference}. and no, naraku cant absorb a demon of dante's calibre. he cudnt even absorb sesshomaru! besides, with dimension/time and teleportation control, dante will pretty much hand him his ass.

Jugglenaut
Naraku fails as a villain, but he's still >>> Dante.

Charlotte DeBel
Originally posted by leonheartmm
question, why are people discounting dante's feats from devil may cry 2? its cannon after all. also dark-jaxxx, fro the last time, STOP LYING OUT OF YOUR ASS! i said IF we consider feats in NOCTURNE to be cannon THEN dante can possibly beat licing tribunal{then and only THEN, do NOT bring this up again}.

as for lightspeed, shadow was a lightsepeed opponent and dante bested him. and dante can slow down time, so yes, he can battle lightspeed opponents. to claim that no1 in DMC dan destroy the world is a LIE again, mundus cud have destroyed the normal world if he was allowerd to fully come out. and the despair embodied can DEFINATELY destroy the world, it was an abstract being, a god, who embodied the concept of despair and was immortal, and dante STILL killed him, naraku's regenration isnt going to help him stay alive. seeing infact that a naraku with a perfect shikon no tama was KILLED by a purification arrow. there is NUTHING naraku can do to hurt dante, his poison and mist attacks are useless. {oh btw, in alastor's devil trigger form, dante can move as fast as lightening"lightening speed" } if you have something CANNON to go on, please continue to debate, if not, just dont. ive read the entire inuyasha manga, its one of my favourites. and naraku is very strong, stronger than people give him credit for, but dante is on a completely different level. he doesnt even have to KILL him, he simply has to DEFEAT him{and there is a difference}. and no, naraku cant absorb a demon of dante's calibre. he cudnt even absorb sesshomaru! besides, with dimension/time and teleportation control, dante will pretty much hand him his ass.

I'm not discounting his feats, darling. Only the thread author stipulated that he uses DMC4 Dante and DMC2 is chronologically AFTER DMC4. Thus DMC2 Dante with Super Sparda form etc isn't in play here. Thus we're talking about Dante who fought Mundus and "composite Abigal" (anime is before DMC4 in chronology).
The most powerful version of Dante is DMC2 one- that one has Super Sparda form with "instantly kill any demon" beam and would do rather well against Nataku.

The "lightning speed" was discussed and clearly IS a hyperbole (Dante sure as hell doesn't move at 50% of lightspeed in human form), but Dante's TOP speed feat is about 1% of lightspeed. Based on on-panel showings. Suspended shards put him in around Quicksilver level of speed in human form- Max 10. I've analysed every video in Dante's RT which I made and I know what I'm talking about.
But that Naraku guy has no real superspeed showings or at least people don't concentrate on them. So Dante can still move around his area attack.

Also, there's such thing as Pandora Box in play. How would Naraku fare against omnidirectional chaos blast, for example? Or 40+ homing missles coming at him from safe distance from "flying sauser" form of Pandora?

Charlotte DeBel
Wow. i completely forgot about that.
I wonder if Naraku could absorb Dante.

Charlotte, Naraku is made of hundreds of demons. He finds and absorbs other strong demons to gain more power.

One time he was skewered through the chest by a demon's arm and simply absorbed him that way. So I guess all he really has to do is weaken Dante and then touch him to start to pull the poor guy into his body.

I dunno if it would work though.

Funny thing is that some of Dante's powers (doppelganger, that is invulnerable to physical damage, BTW, and time manipulation, for example) were received via absorbtion of souls of other demons. So that may work both wayssmile)

Pyron_Knight
Naraku can't be killed or KO'ed but he can be defeated. It's happened quit ea few times. he then flees.
This topic does not necessitate a kill for victory.

And I used DMC4 Dante because I used Naraku 2.0. Like Dante, this is not him at his strongest. He has several powerups after this incarnation in this fight

It depends on what those things have done. Not al chaos blasts and missiles are created equal.

Charlotte DeBel
Naraku can't be killed or KO'ed but he can be defeated. It's happened quit ea few times. he then flees.
This topic does not necessitate a kill for victory.

And I used DMC4 Dante because I used Naraku 2.0. Like Dante, this is not him at his strongest. He has several powerups after this incarnation in this fight

It depends on what those things have done. Not al chaos blasts and missiles are created equal.

It wrecked the army of giant toad-demons in cutscene...not that much compared to Naraku's feats of offence...but then- what are Naraku's best speed\mobility feats? Since 666 forms of Pandora Box (665 different weapons- from gatling gun to hybride of a turrel and flying sauser) can be used from quite a distance. Can Naraku dodge anti-air missle, which is homing and aimed at him from the mile away?

And it's said "fight to the death" in the starting post...But anyways, I'm not knowledgeable in Naraku and I've voiced my opinion on Dante& busted several myths here.

Pyron_Knight
On the speed note, he's shown he's faster than Inuyasha who has run faster than a train and dodged lightning. But that's about it for speed feats.
He mainly uses teleportation or dissolves himself into wind/energy in his miasma for movement.

As for dodging a homing missile...I dunno. Probably not.

lol Whaddya know it does say that. Well consider that part retracted at least.

And I do appreciate you coming in here and helping with the Dante support. Thanks.

Charlotte DeBel
Dante has better actual speed feats than Inyasha (running at Max 2-3 speeds even at his youngest version in DMC3; Alastor's upgrade puts his top combat speed at around Max 10, so outrunning the train is non-comparable to that, even considering that "Dante is a lightspeedster" claim is BS (which is).
Though Dante by the time of DMC4 prefers tactical teleportation himself (showing before the fight with Saviour), his speed doesn't decrease.

And as for homing missle- dissolving into miasma may help, but then it would be too much like Kain's tactic in VS fight (mist+teleport). Both opponents are teleporters, but Dante has better speed and range weaponry (including homing anti-air missles from "flying sauser" Pandora Box transformation).

leonheartmm
Originally posted by Charlotte DeBel
I'm not discounting his feats, darling. Only the thread author stipulated that he uses DMC4 Dante and DMC2 is chronologically AFTER DMC4. Thus DMC2 Dante with Super Sparda form etc isn't in play here. Thus we're talking about Dante who fought Mundus and "composite Abigal" (anime is before DMC4 in chronology).
The most powerful version of Dante is DMC2 one- that one has Super Sparda form with "instantly kill any demon" beam and would do rather well against Nataku.

The "lightning speed" was discussed and clearly IS a hyperbole (Dante sure as hell doesn't move at 50% of lightspeed in human form), but Dante's TOP speed feat is about 1% of lightspeed. Based on on-panel showings. Suspended shards put him in around Quicksilver level of speed in human form- Max 10. I've analysed every video in Dante's RT which I made and I know what I'm talking about.
But that Naraku guy has no real superspeed showings or at least people don't concentrate on them. So Dante can still move around his area attack.

Also, there's such thing as Pandora Box in play. How would Naraku fare against omnidirectional chaos blast, for example? Or 40+ homing missles coming at him from safe distance from "flying sauser" form of Pandora?

oh wait, ur a girl? oh, suddenly i feal a lot less hostile smile .

i dont think the lightening speed is hyperbole, really, how many times has dante easily dodged lightening attacks and beam attacks. not to mention his win over shadow which moves at lightspeed, there is also, his fight with the lightening doplegangers. and ofcourse, the speed feat in devil may cry three which has him running so fast that the air around him starts glowing with heat like a meteor. he can also perceive and counter yamato's dimensional cuts, which are said to be of a speed beyond human or demon comprehension. also, wudnt quicksilver and the bangle of time put him at just about lightspeed?

also, ifrit has an omnidirectional attack too if u havent forgotten.

as for pandora's box, i dont really think it has 666 ACTUAL forms, i mean, there is the machine gun, the bowgun, the twin rocket launcher, the 4 rockect launchers, the chargeable laser, the spin wheel{flying saucer} the flying fortress with homing mizziles and the final chaos form which targets everything{did i miss one?}

Charlotte DeBel
oh wait, ur a girl? oh, suddenly i feal a lot less hostile smile .

i dont think the lightening speed is hyperbole, really, how many times has dante easily dodged lightening attacks and beam attacks. not to mention his win over shadow which moves at lightspeed, there is also, his fight with the lightening doplegangers. and ofcourse, the speed feat in devil may cry three which has him running so fast that the air around him starts glowing with heat like a meteor. he can also perceive and counter yamato's dimensional cuts, which are said to be of a speed beyond human or demon comprehension. also, wudnt quicksilver and the bangle of time put him at just about lightspeed?

also, ifrit has an omnidirectional attack too if u havent forgotten.

as for pandora's box, i dont really think it has 666 ACTUAL forms, i mean, there is the machine gun, the bowgun, the twin rocket launcher, the 4 rockect launchers, the chargeable laser, the spin wheel{flying saucer} the flying fortress with homing mizziles and the final chaos form which targets everything{did i miss one?}

By "flying sauser" I mean the thing you call "flying fortress".

And when talking "no lightspeed movement" I specifically stated that I don't count teleportation\time manip. Time manipulation is automatically>>lightspeed but that doesn't translate in his acual combat speed.
I've analysed Blitzes\Hellhounds, the energy beam=lightspeed, but then once again- people lot slower than Max 10 (confirmed by feats top Dante's speed in human form) dodged lazers. The thing is that execution of attack is a lot slower than lightspeed. The meteor speed feat was around Max2-3 if you ask me.
Shadowporters are Nightcrawler analogue. Beleive me, if there were vague reason to say Dante's a lightspeedster, I'd have used it in RT.

There's 665+1 forms actually, gameplay has focused on a few. Have you noticed than the bigger the number, the more advanced the form? But that doesn't matter.

And I haven't forgotten the Inferno. But for some reason I think Cerberus' Million Carates (I think it's called so) omnidirectional ice attack would work on Naraku better- flash freeze his liquid form and then shatter it.

leonheartmm
but your not considering that gameplay mechanics are the only things that make those feats look SLOW. for example you can actually SEE the progression of griffon's lightening strikes, when in fact in reality, they are as fast as any other lightening strike. might wanna take that into account.

actually to make the air around you burn liek that, id say you easily have to be in the mach 25 range. mach 2 doesnt even turn the body red hot.

and how exactly do you ACCESS these so called hundreds of forms? because ive never seen them being used.

Nemesis X
Naraku's heart people! He doesn't have it with him! He will only die if you destroy his heart so the attacks Dante will use on him won't work. It's like a retard trying to beat up water with his fists.

Charlotte DeBel
but your not considering that gameplay mechanics are the only things that make those feats look SLOW. for example you can actually SEE the progression of griffon's lightening strikes, when in fact in reality, they are as fast as any other lightening strike. might wanna take that into account.

actually to make the air around you burn liek that, id say you easily have to be in the mach 25 range. mach 2 doesnt even turn the body red hot.

and how exactly do you ACCESS these so called hundreds of forms? because ive never seen them being used.

I don't doubt that attacks Blitzes perform come on lightspeed- lightning itself. But reflexes=\=movement speed.
Dante, though, has teleportation and time manipulation, so he doesn't need to actually run on those speeds.

To be Max 25 in that cutscene you'll have to assume that both Dante AND bullet from Ebony moved at Shuttle reentry speed...we can for sure assume that it was above Max 2, but reentry speed?I don't know.

But even with the speed around Max 10-15 in human form and up to 1% of lightspeed in demon form it's enough to make Naraku look like f*cking turtle.
And since Pyron_Knight has removed stupid stipulation "to the death" (Naraku can't die normally so that's pointless), I've already provided the best way of KO- flash freeze his miasma body with Cerberus and then shatter it.

gryphon28
Shattering naraku's body is not going to do anything

leonheartmm
^yes mut MAGICAL damage can do a lot.{similar to how the purification arrows **** naraku up even without his heart}. and what i was saying about the lightening was that it was SLOWED DOWN for gameplay mechanic so the player cud just see its progression. similarly dante's speed etc in slowed down in gameplay, when in reality he is much much faster.

and ive confirmed that there arent any more forms to the pandora than i described.

lionfranky
Hahahahaha. I played most DMC games except 3. Nothing suggests that he can even beat Silver Surfer. Seriously, dude. WTF?

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by lionfranky
Hahahahaha. I played most DMC games except 3. Nothing suggests that he can even beat Silver Surfer. Seriously, dude. WTF?

Even beat silver surfer? Are you implying that Naraku is above Surfer?

TBH I think Naraku has some degree of imortality or can't die or something like that for good, but that doesn't stop Dante from stomping him everytime he tries to kill him and whatnot.

SHM
The pussy Naraku sucks too much, to be able to win this.

jimBOFH
I'm not sure game characters in general will fare very well against anime/movie characters, because games require playable characters and bosses to be well-balanced; anime and movies do not. That's not to say that anime characters will always win, but in general I think they're more likely to.

TheBadguy
Dante will shit stomp him over and over but if he can't die then like it said earlier, its just a retard punching water (See Inuyasha). Though I don't care if it was Naraku vs a turd, Naraku loses. He has to be the biggest pussy fail villain in anime history. Jesus...I hated him, he was even worse than Kira.

chuck inglish
Since Dante can't kill Naraku can he just seal him with jackpot since technically Naraku is a demon

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.