Favorite non-Joker movie villain? (Poll)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Myth
Who is your favorite Batman villain from a film besides Jack's or Heath's Joker?

Bardock42
Ra's

Bat Dude
Eckhart's Two-Face

Pfeiffer's Catwoman

Murphy's Scarecrow

BruceSkywalker
Cillian Murphy as Scarecrow and Aaron Eckhart as Two Face

Myth
Originally posted by Bardock42
Ra's

Don't forget there is a poll to vote in guys and gals.

I had to think about it a bit, but I chose Catwoman. I thought about Ra's because of the grand scheme and good acting, but I like more extravagant villains. Two-Face was awesome, but his role as a bad guy was too brief for me to give him the vote. Same goes with Scarecrow. Scarecrow's fear chemicals got me thinking about him, but he wasn't even running the show, he was Ra's puppet. Catwoman had a role where she was a strong individual threat while being extravagant, which wins it for me.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Myth
Don't forget there is a poll to vote in guys and gals.

I had to think about it a bit, but I chose Catwoman. I thought about Ra's because of the grand scheme and good acting, but I like more extravagant villains. Two-Face was awesome, but his role as a bad guy was too brief for me to give him the vote. Same goes with Scarecrow. Scarecrow's fear chemicals got me thinking about him, but he wasn't even running the show, he was Ra's puppet. Catwoman had a role where she was a strong individual threat while being extravagant, which wins it for me. I don't vote.

Don't believe in it.

Myth
Ok. To each his own. Though, you peaked my curiosity as to why. Would you mind explaining just to satisfy that curiosity of mine?

Endrict Nuul
Who is your favorite Batman villain from a film besides Jack's or Heath's Joker?

Catwoman – Pfeifer

Bardock42
Ok. To each his own. Though, you peaked my curiosity as to why. Would you mind explaining just to satisfy that curiosity of mine?

No particular reason. Sorry, to disappoint.

Neo Darkhalen
Two Face (TDK)
Scarecrow
thats about it.

WrathfulDwarf
Catwoman and Ra.

Myth
Originally posted by Bardock42
No particular reason. Sorry, to disappoint.

Ok.

Somebody voted Riddler? Thats surprising.

Philosophía
Mr Freeze.

He was great.

Neo Darkhalen

SnakeEyes
Ra's for sure.

Myth
Who posted other? What villain is represented by that pick?

Neo Darkhalen
Who posted other? What villain is represented by that pick?

Two-face TDK?

sithsaber408
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
Ra's for sure.

Though Two-Face (TDK) should be on the poll as well.

Myth
Oh, shit, I thought I put that in there.

Myth
Moderators, could you please replace Bane with Eckhart's Two-Face?

BruceSkywalker

Da Joker
Why the hell would he make a poll only using the movie villains. Boy I tell ya....

Myth
Because I was curious? Plus, I've seen a favorite non-Joker villain poll before, but not one that only looks at the villains' portrayals on films.

Da Joker
This one should've been aimed at the comic's. The fact that you'd dare even add movie villains like Tommy Lee Jones, Jim Carrey, Arnie, Uma, and Jeep shows the idiocy of this thread.

Myth
Originally posted by Da Joker
This one should've been aimed at the comic's. The fact that you'd dare even add movie villains like Tommy Lee Jones, Jim Carrey, Arnie, Uma, and Jeep shows the idiocy of this thread.

No reason to be a d*ck man. What is so wrong with asking the question regarding the movies? Comics aren't everything and the movies have relevance too. And as I said, a thread exactly like this has been done towards the comics, so I wasn't going to repeat that thread.

Bat Dude

Wow, dude, you got pissed when people called your Harley Quinn thread dumb, but then you go and call this one dumb...

No offense, but that's pretty hypocritical...

Da Joker
It's not dumb, per se, but he should've just included the best villains out of the entire series. The thread isn't dumb, I just dislike the poll choices. Meant no offense, but we should have a Mod change the poll choices since most of them up there are truly borderline horrible.

In any case, out of those, Ra's is the best. Not taking into account just the people upt here but every movie villain besides the Joker, I'd easily give this one to Eckhart's Two-Face.

Myth
It's not dumb, per se, but he should've just included the best villains out of the entire series. The thread isn't dumb, I just dislike the poll choices. Meant no offense, but we should have a Mod change the poll choices since most of them up there are truly borderline horrible.

Why does it hurt to have variety? If we take out the dumb ones, then we are limiting people's freedom to choose. Somebody voted for the Riddler. I consider him a dumb one, but obviously others have different opinions and my poll allows people to vote based on those opinions. And heck, maybe somebody actually got enough comedic value out of Mr. Freeze to pick him #1. Sure, not me or you, but at least the option is there in case others wanted to vote for him.

Da Joker
What I mainly mean is that more of the good to great villains should've been added in like Two-Face and Scarecrow to replace the very worst villains like Freeze and Bane. Substitue the absolute worst for some of the absolute best. See what I mean?

Bat Dude
The poll probably should have been like this:

Catwoman (Returns)
Penguin (Returns)
Riddler (Forever)
Scarecrow (Begins)
Ras Al Ghul (Begins)
Two-Face (TDK)

But it's all good, cuz I didn't make the poll, so...

RevoWution™©®
Eckhart's Two Face hands down after Ledger's Joker.

Then comes Pfeiffer's Catwoman. Rawr!

Myth
What I mainly mean is that more of the good to great villains should've been added in like Two-Face and Scarecrow to replace the very worst villains like Freeze and Bane. Substitue the absolute worst for some of the absolute best. See what I mean?

Scarecrow was already on the list. I meant to add Eckhart's Two-Face but I messed up. I think since I put Jones' Two-Face, I falsely remembered putting Eckhart's Two-Face on there. Bane was just to fill in the 10th spot allowed, and as soon as my mistake was pointed out, I PMed the mod to fix that part.

SelinaAndBruce
Pfeiffer's Catwoman based on the poll. I liked Eckhart's Two Face as well.

Mr Parker
I put my vote in for Eckharts Two face.I would have put it in for
Pfeiffer'sCatwoman but I did not think she was pretty as catwoman at all with all that makeup on.Made her look like a ghost or something.

Myth
So does that mean you thought Eckhart was pretty?

Almighty Bauer
It was between Eckhart and Neeson. Eckhart just won, more for his Dent than his Two Face.

iraiam
I liked Two Face (Tommy Lee Jones) only because the dual personality was more apparent (speaking as both Dent and Two face in turn)

Neo Darkhalen
Originally posted by Almighty Bauer
It was between Eckhart and Neeson. Eckhart just won, more for his Dent than his Two Face.

Agreed his Dent was fantastic.

Endrict Nuul
Meh! Catwoman, Two-Face DK and Scarcrow

Myth
Originally posted by Almighty Bauer
Eckhart just won, more for his Dent than his Two Face.

He did an excellent Dent. The only reason I didn't vote for him is because his Two-Face was only on screen for about 5 minutes.

Toku King
Moderators, could you please replace Bane with Eckhart's Two-Face?

Or just replace other, since there are none.

Myth
Originally posted by Toku King
Or just replace other, since there are none.

No, there are the 1966 bad guys.

Toku King

They count? Damn. Then my choice is a tie between DK Two Face and 1966 Riddler.

bakerboy
Michelle's catwoman, tied with Eckhart's two face.

Them, Neeson's ra's and Murphy's scarecrow.

SelinaAndBruce
Originally posted by Mr Parker
I put my vote in for Eckharts Two face.I would have put it in for
Pfeiffer'sCatwoman but I did not think she was pretty as catwoman at all with all that makeup on.Made her look like a ghost or something.
She was pale but I thought her make up was stunning. It accented her eyes and lips which were really the main focus the way her costume was designed
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f3/CassieCAT192000/Michelle%20Pfieffer/f36bc277.jpg
http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n264/ipatrick2/catwmn.jpg
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p14/beatnikloserkid/Movies/catwoman.jpg

Bat Dude

They count?

Ok then...

Michelle's Catwoman
Eckhart's Two-Face
Murphy's Scarecrow
Neeson's Ras Al Ghul
Gorshin's Riddler
Meredith's Penguin (on land you may command, at sea it is me!)

Add in Jack and Heath's Jokers and those are the best of the best for villains in Batman movies...

Wolverine2006
1. Eckhart Two Face
2. Scarecrow
3. Ras Al Ghul

Bouboumaster
Two-Face is my favorite Batman villain, even over the Joker. But sadly, Eckart interpretation was to brief for me to vote for him.

I go with Pfeiffer's Catwoman, Gorshin's Riddler and De Vito's Penguin.

De Vito's Penguin was more darker that the real one, I think. But I loved him. Scary, but trying to make his way in america. No, really, he was great.

Menetnashté
Went with Scarecrow. Not the most flashy character but the actor did a pristine job of embodying the character imo

Mr Parker
So does that mean you thought Eckhart was pretty?

err no but two face is SUPPOSE to be ugly,they were being true to the comic so that fine for him to be ugly,not so with catwoman cause SHE'S suppose to be hot.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by SelinaAndBruce
She was pale but I thought her make up was stunning. It accented her eyes and lips which were really the main focus the way her costume was designed
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f3/CassieCAT192000/Michelle%20Pfieffer/f36bc277.jpg
http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n264/ipatrick2/catwmn.jpg
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p14/beatnikloserkid/Movies/catwoman.jpg

I didnt find her stunning at all.These photos do nothing for me,face wise anyways,just reminds how it covered up her beauty she has in her face. mad the costume I like though,that makes her sexy.

rox
Ok.

Somebody voted Riddler? Thats surprising.

why is that surprising

Mr Shindiggery
1. Two Face from The Dark Knight
2. Penguin from Batman Returns
3. Catwoman fom Batman Returns
4. Scarecrow from Batman Begins

Mr Parker
all great choices except penguin from Batman Returns. sick

Bat Dude

Nevermind, you were talking about the post above you, not the list in general...

My bad...

Bouboumaster

Why?

Mr Parker
cause Danny Devito in that movie was not only stupid looking as the penguin, looking nothing like him-hell at least Ledger from The Dark Knight resembled the look of the joker somewhat-and Batdude will tell you how much for the past few months I have gone off on the look of Ledger as the joker.LOL.I mean I hated the new look of the joker in the dark knight big time but he at least came close to having the same look as the joker in the comics so I can tolerate it somewhat.

The Penguins look in that movie was stupid.that look should be in a horror movie NOT in a batman movie. mad also danny devito NORMALLY a great actor in all his movies,was just plain stupid in that horrible movie.His acting was just horrible and not at all believable.He was doing the same thing Tommy Lee Jones did in Batman Forever,trying to be so funny that just like Jones,WASNT funny at all and was just plain stupid.Give me Burgess Meridith anyday of the year.Michelle was the lone bright spot of that disgraceful and horrible movie.Devito was the biggest cancer of that movie other than keaton as batman of course.LOL.

oh and yes,your correct batdude,I was just talking about that post above me.Not the list in general. big grin

Bat Dude
cause Danny Devito in that movie was not only stupid looking as the penguin, looking nothing like him-hell at least Ledger from The Dark Knight resembled the look of the joker somewhat-and Batdude will tell you how much for the past few months I have gone off on the look of Ledger as the joker.LOL.I mean I hated the new look of the joker in the dark knight big time but he at least came close to having the same look as the joker in the comics so I can tolerate it somewhat.

The Penguins look in that movie was stupid.that look should be in a horror movie NOT in a batman movie. mad also danny devito NORMALLY a great actor in all his movies,was just plain stupid in that horrible movie.His acting was just horrible and not at all believable.He was doing the same thing Tommy Lee Jones did in Batman Forever,trying to be so funny that just like Jones,WASNT funny at all and was just plain stupid.Give me Burgess Meridith anyday of the year.Michelle was the lone bright spot of that disgraceful and horrible movie.Devito was the biggest cancer of that movie other than keaton as batman of course.LOL.

oh and yes,your correct batdude,I was just talking about that post above me.Not the list in general. big grin

Umm... confused

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/e/e3/DetectiveComics824b.jpg/250px-DetectiveComics824b.jpg

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q124/cdnuniguy/Blog%20Stuff/devito.jpg

He looks like the Penguin to me...

You're just biased, bro...

SelinaAndBruce
Ledger resembled the look of the Joker in the comics? Not really? He had the basic elements but he really looked very different from him. Danny Devito looked like the Penguin from the comics, just grosser. He had dark circles under his eyes and flippers but that was the only main difference.

Scythe
Catwoman, her tongue and her sexy skin tight outfit ftw.

Myth
Originally posted by rox
why is that surprising

Because I have never heard of anybody really liking Jim Carrey as Riddler. I'm not saying it was wrong of people to vote for him, I was just surprised. Kind of like how I am now surprised to see 2 votes for him wink

bakerboy
Originally posted by SelinaAndBruce
Ledger resembled the look of the Joker in the comics? Not really? He had the basic elements but he really looked very different from him. Danny Devito looked like the Penguin from the comics, just grosser. He had dark circles under his eyes and flippers but that was the only main difference.

That isnt true. Ledger looks more like joker than devito as penguin. I would say that ledger wasnt exactly as the joker, but enough close. I mean: tall, skynny, young, etc. He was very close.

In the other hand, devito didnt look as penguin. Too fat, three fingers i the hands, the blood from his nose thing, long hair, white makeup like a ghost, the costume was different , etc. He only looks as the penguin because long nose, the umbrella and the monocule.

Bat Dude
Originally posted by bakerboy
That isnt true. Ledger looks more like joker than devito as penguin. I would say that ledger wasnt exactly as the joker, but enough close. I mean: tall, skynny, young, etc. He was very close.

In the other hand, devito didnt look as penguin. Too fat, three fingers i the hands, the blood from his nose thing, long hair, white makeup like a ghost, the costume was different , etc. He only looks as the penguin because long nose, the umbrella and the monocule.

Um... Ledger's Joker was a pretty big deviation from the comics Joker...

Neither looks particularly like their comics counterparts, but at least you can recognize them as Joker and Penguin, right?

Deviation in film is fine... I hate how some people make it out to be the end of the world when Joker has black circles under his eyes and Penguin has flippers...

Kovacs86

The truth is that no villains in the Batman films look identical to their comic book counterparts. I'd say Catwoman was probably closest, but even that wasn't an exact replica of the comic character. Honestly, why should they look exactly the same? If the Joker looked like he did in the Long Halloween, it would be ridiculous. It doesn't mean Ledger wasn't great.
For God's sake, Parker, please end this vendetta. roll eyes (sarcastic)
I'm no fan of the Burton/ Schumacher films, but still...

bakerboy
First, im not mr parker. If you are talking with me, im not Mr parker, call me for my name.

Second, agree, no villains in batman films looked identical as the comic counterparts, but that wasnt what i was saying. I said that ledger's joker looked more as the comics joker than devito's penguin. Neither is exact and indentical, but Ledger was closer mehanwhile devito looked nothing as penguin except a few details.

But yes, from alll of them, maybe michelle's catwoman when she is in costume(because the blond hair) and maybe Neeson's ra's .

Kovacs86
First, im not mr parker. If you are talking with me, im not Mr parker, call me for my name.

Second, agree, no villains in batman films looked identical as the comic counterparts, but that wasnt what i was saying. I said that ledger's joker looked more as the comics joker than devito's penguin. Neither is exact and indentical, but Ledger was closer mehanwhile devito looked nothing as penguin except a few details.

But yes, from alll of them, maybe michelle's catwoman when she is in costume(because the blond hair) and maybe Neeson's ra's .

Neeson didn't look much like Ra's. He was great, but he was hardly the spitting image of the comic character. He didn't exactly wear a green cloak or whatever.

Oops. My bad. no expression

Toku King
Originally posted by Kovacs86
Neeson didn't look much like Ra's. He was great, but he was hardly the spitting image of the comic character. He didn't exactly wear a green cloak or whatever.

The facial features were almost uncanny in likeness.

Dude, stop being an ass.

Dark-Jaxx
Mr. Freeze for one simple reason.

*In Shwarzeneggar manner* "Chill out!"

no expression

Seriously, that single line brought me more lulz than anything ever, and no Batman villain can top that.

Toku King
I'm watching a 1966 episode of Batman right now(which is still fan-flippin'-tastic), and Frank Gorshin is as good as the Riddler as I remember! I mean, holy crud can he act like a riddle-crazy, power hungry, mood-swinging psychopath!

Kovacs86
Originally posted by Toku King
I'm watching a 1966 episode of Batman right now(which is still fan-flippin'-tastic), and Frank Gorshin is as good as the Riddler as I remember! I mean, holy crud can he act like a riddle-crazy, power hungry, mood-swinging psychopath!

Gorshin was good for the '60s series, but a Riddler like that would honestly be pretty awful in the 21st century. However, he was probably my favourite of the villains in the '60s series.

Toku King
Originally posted by Kovacs86
Gorshin was good for the '60s series, but a Riddler like that would honestly be pretty awful in the 21st century.

Not if you change the suit and toned him down JUST a little.

Toku King
The 1966 show is still as awesome as ever. The casting is perfect. Only the great Vincent Price could make a character as idiotic as Egghead awesome.

Myth
laughing I've never seen Egghead before, so I looked it up on youtube and found this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F825cdwotdM

Toku King
laughing I've never seen Egghead before, so I looked it up on youtube and found this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F825cdwotdM

Egghead's the shit!

mindbomb
Scarecrow is bad ass but he is always put on the back burner

steverules
How Carreys Riddler has more votes than DeVitos penquin I'll never know

Myth
^ Agreed. I hear many complaints about DeVito's Penguin, but I thought it was really cool.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.