Rots Obi-Wan vs shatterpoint Depa Billaba

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

skywalker833
who wins?

saber battle

force battle

all out

Blax_Hydralisk
Don't quote me on this, but I believe Mace stated that Depa's bladework either rivaled or was superior to his own.

So.. if that's true then she probably defeats Obi-Wan after a long fight.

skywalker833
Probably true. It would be a good fight.

Rogue Jedi
Man I gotta think on this one.

skywalker833
I think obi-wan could take this one, but it would be hard against Depa's vaapad.

Darth Subjekt
Vaapad would be a nill issue. Shatterpoint on the other hand would be more of a help. BUT, knowing the location of a shatterpoint and exploiting it are two totally different things.

skywalker833
Well, first of all Depa doesn't know the shatterpoint technique, I was referring to the Depa in the Shatterpoint novel.

skywalker833
Any way, I think Obi 1's soresu would be a good counter for Depa's vaapad. And although Mace said that her vaapad rivaled his own, that doesn't mean her swordsmanship does, therefore, she is not necessarily more powerful.
Obi-Wan can block 20 strikes per second I believe, and soresu is the ultimate defense, hence, Depa's powerful and quick blows will most likely not be able to break Kenobi's defense.
And soon, Kenobi will pinpoint a hesitation in Depa's strikes, and will attack, possibly using his other form, ataru.

Faunus
I believe he stated that her swordplay had exceeded his own, with the event in question having occurred several years prior to Shatterpoint. So her technical ability is likely superior to his own, although she lacks his vast physical strength and advanced shatterpoint ability.

And as far as Kenobi is concerned, it was said that twenty strikes per second "overloaded" his defenses.

Darth Subjekt
Does she have that capability?

Faunus
Almost assuredly not. I was just correcting skywalker883 and anyone else who made that particular mistake.

Darth Subjekt
Ah ok. I didn't read all of his. I didn't think she could, that's just about post NJO Luke stuff right there.

skywalker833
Originally posted by Faunus
And as far as Kenobi is concerned, it was said that twenty strikes per second "overloaded" his defenses.
Really? But either way, that is his max. smile

Faunus
Your max isn't the point where you can't do anything. If a powerlifter can bench 700 lbs and no more, his max isn't 705, at which point he just fails.

20 strikes per second is beyond Kenobi's defenses.

skywalker833
That isn't what I heard on wookiepedia. It said specifically that he can block 20 strikes per second.

Master Crimzon
Wasn't the statement saying that PARTS of Depa's bladework surpassed Mace's? Because if that's true, that same can be said about Obi-Wan; his defense, a large part of his bladework, is superior to Mace's own.

Still, Shatterpoint may give Depa this fight. But it certainly won't be easy for anyone.

skywalker833
Um... Depa doesn't have shatterpoint!

Faunus
Depa doesn't have shatterpoint, and the line made no mention of "parts." It was either "Vaapad" or "swordplay."

skywalker833
he said Depa's vaapad was either equal or superior to his own at the moment.

tulakhordpwns
RotS Kenobi

The facts just don't support Mace's humble statement. Depa fights Mace, and does nothing against him (aside from playing dead to stab him), despite the fact that Mace was in no position to fight.
If you consider what Kenobi has done, and what Depa has done, Obi-Wan is the clear victor.

skywalker833
Agreed, but it won't be as easy as you make it sound.

Darth Subjekt
Mace wouldn't really be a fallible source if he's saying that someone is better than him. I think he would be the one to know. Moreso than if she said it or if even Yoda said it. He knows his skill and knows that her bladework is better. Now, does that make her a more complete and more dangerous combatant? Not necessarily. Just like Anoon's blade work is second to none, but that doesn't mean that Yoda would fall to Anoon. Same thing here.

skywalker833
Yeah, Depa cannot beat Mace. Therefore I think obi 1 would beat her due to his experience in lightsaber duels.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.