McCain and Obama at Saddleback forum on Saturday

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

sithsaber408
Can't believe that there isn't a thread on this yet! Did anybody watch it?

Most major news sources say that both men did well and answered the same set of questions differently.

Obama was thoughtful and conversational, McCain emotional and direct.

Many are saying the forum was "won" by McCain, but in truth this is really just because most expected a dismal failure and he surprised by speaking well and passionately while relating many personal stories. (and I'm a McCain supporter) So what he really "won" was to show that he's better than people thought and will do well in the debates.

The only major flap on Obama's part (IMO) was on the abortion issue, when the former University Professor was asked when human rights should begin for a baby said: "That's an answer whos specifity is above my pay grade."

I think he explained his pro-choice position well (I give him much respect for sticking to those guns in a church of 22,000 people, even if I don't agree with the policy) and as always I found him to be a very intelligent and capable man. He did well in expelling the notions that he's muslim (for any tards that still think that) and explained his faith in Christ in a touching way. I admire and respect him, though I disagree with his policies.

I think that was the point of the forum, to show both men for who they are, have them answer the issues on their own (removes the testy "Debate" style forum) and the people can judge.

Without further ado, I'll be posting the youtube videos.

Obama went first, here's part 1:

kHfswHtxspc

Obama part 2:

K0kr0ZuSYOM

Obama part 3:

gHtAWPjzvyk

sithsaber408
Obama pt. 4:

D3kz5F_PayQ

Obama pt. 5:

i_Ks7fDSpDo

Obama pt. 6:

uflZBT8XhAc

sithsaber408
And now McCain.

McCain pt. 1:

J1h38cs7rcM

McCain pt. 2:

fgbKhRd8fdo

McCain pt. 3:

GfbCfWEQesQ

sithsaber408
McCain pt 4:

wgT-Md-vMew

McCain pt. 5:

V9IohluK8VY

Thoughts/opinions/reactions?

lord xyz
TL;DW

BackFire
Yeah I watched it on Saturday. Both did do quite well. McCain obviously surpassed expectations, hence why most say he did better, because, as you said, expectations were lower.

As far as the often mentioned abortion question, I think Obama's answer is one of the most honest answers a person can possibly give on it, particularly if one is Pro Choice.

Thing is, if you're pro life, the answer is very simple "life begins at conception". This is a global idea that all pro lifers agree on, and it's a very simple, consistent argument. But there is no simple equivalent to that idea on the pro choice side. There is no agreed upon time when life begins, so it's a much tougher, dare I say, impossible, question for Obama, where it's very simple to answer for McCain.

Heat_Vision
My favorite part was when McCain said "I'll be the President of every American and I'll always put my country first." gunsmilie

Robtard
I think all nominees say that in some fashion.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.