Do or Do not...there is no trying (Do you agree?)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

WrathfulDwarf
A long time ago....

Okay, cheesy, I know. However, do you feel this form of thinking can be applied in our modern day.

It seems there are things we can try to do but just don't work out.

Share your thoughts Master Jedi. wink

Grand_Moff_Gav
I think that even though we may set out to do things which may ultimately fail does not affect Yoda's teaching here.

He is saying, I think, that if you are going to do something you must start with the intention that you are going to do it and finish it. If this is your intention you have a much greater chance of success than if your intention is to just, try.

"Doing it" implies that from the offset you are going to succeed.
"Trying it" implies that you expect a possible failure.

So, there is no point in doing something if you think you will probably fail. So only do it if you are indeed going to...DO IT!

Bardock42
Of course there is trying.

lord xyz
Do you try to have sex? Or do you just do it?

Adam_PoE
I thought only the Sith deal in absolutes?

Grand_Moff_Gav
Originally posted by Adam_PoE

Obi Wan vs Yoda?

Blax_Hydralisk

Yes. The Jedi's blatant hypocrisy is awesome.

Mandos
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
Yes. The Jedi's blatant hypocrisy is awesome. stick out tongue

inimalist

laughing

/thread

Deja~vu
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
A long time ago....

Okay, cheesy, I know. However, do you feel this form of thinking can be applied in our modern day.

It seems there are things we can try to do but just don't work out.

Share your thoughts Master Jedi. wink I guess it depends how much effort you put into it. But saying that, it is about accomplishing something like a career or something you want to achieve. If you are talking about a relationship, then it does take two, two, two minds that are N'SYNC.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.