ROTS Obi-Wan vs Exar Kun

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Icy Ninja
ROTS Obi-Wan vs Exar Kun sabers only

Blax_Hydralisk
Obi-Wan.

Kotor3
How do you even decide? I say Exar Kun in my opinion.

Taven
Why would Obi-Wan win this? Because of his vaunted Soresu? Yeah, that's great, until his one form mastery can be said to put him on the same technical plain as someone who possessed the ingenuity to create a whole new saber form, and someone who's form and weapon is entirely unique to him, Obi-Wan can't be said to be on the same level. As for Force ability, Obi-Wan gets smashed. So really, what justification exactly is there for claiming Obi-Wan to be the victor? What advantage does young Kenobi possess over the extremely Force strong and talented Exar Kun? Exar Kun's force ability is clearly miles beyond Obi-Wan's own, and as such he would possess a greater capacity for improving his speed and strength and reflexes etc.. As for technical ability, I maintain that being a one dimensional Lightsaber Master doesn't place you on the same level as someone so technically gifted that he was capable of creating his own style of combat (that in itself provides a massive technical advantage in its uniqueness to Kun). So yeah, what's stopping Obi-Wan from getting curbstomped in this matchup?

Kotor3
Originally posted by Taven
Why would Obi-Wan win this? Because of his vaunted Soresu? Yeah, that's great, until his one form mastery can be said to put him on the same technical plain as someone who possessed the ingenuity to create a whole new saber form, and someone who's form and weapon is entirely unique to him, Obi-Wan can't be said to be on the same level. As for Force ability, Obi-Wan gets smashed. So really, what justification exactly is there for claiming Obi-Wan to be the victor? What advantage does young Kenobi possess over the extremely Force strong and talented Exar Kun? Exar Kun's force ability is clearly miles beyond Obi-Wan's own, and as such he would possess a greater capacity for improving his speed and strength and reflexes etc.. As for technical ability, I maintain that being a one dimensional Lightsaber Master doesn't place you on the same level as someone so technically gifted that he was capable of creating his own style of combat (that in itself provides a massive technical advantage in its uniqueness to Kun). So yeah, what's stopping Obi-Wan from getting curbstomped in this matchup?

Well said!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.