TPM Maul VS. AOTC Anakin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarthCuddles
TPM Maul (without thigh injury) Vs. AOTC Anakin

1. Sabres
2. Force
3. All Out

Location- Mustafar

Icy Ninja
1 Maul
2 tie?
3 Maul

DarthCuddles
you really think they would tie in force why???

Icy Ninja
I also put a question mark there to indicate that i am not sure, and I have seen neither do any thing that really impressed me with the force. Anakin got more raw force power but Maul has shown to be resistant to force attacks(he tanked force lighting).

DarthCuddles
good point i didnt notice the question mark sorry

Blax_Hydralisk
Originally posted by Icy Ninja
I also put a question mark there to indicate that i am not sure, and I have seen neither do any thing that really impressed me with the force. Anakin got more raw force power but Maul has shown to be resistant to force attacks(he tanked force lighting).

Being incredibly resilient to a force ability is not in any way an implication of your own force abilities. It just means he can take a lot of pain.

Icy Ninja
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
Being incredibly resilient to a force ability is not in any way an implication of your own force abilities. It just means he can take a lot of pain.

True but I haven't seen either use the force to a high degree it might just turn in to a battle of force pushes but if this was ROTS Anakin it would be a differnt story

DarthCuddles
if it was rots anakin then it wouldnt be a one sided thread in my opinion

Enyalus
1. Maul destroys him.
2. Maul by a slight margin.
3. Maul destroys him.

If anyone needs a further explanation, lemme know. I gave Maul the edge in Force because neither show us any skill in the Force at that stage, but Maul is older, more completely trained, and trained by Sidious as opposed to Obi-Wan. He gets my nod there.

Darth Subjekt
But in the AotC commentary, GL says that Anakin is already far beyond all his peers and can do things that no one else can. Just because we don't get a chance to see it, doesn't mean that they (feats) don't exist. GL said that for a reason. And I almost hate saying this, but absence of proof isn't the same as proof of absence.

In any case, even if Maul does beat him is sabers, I wouldn't say he destroys him.

Enyalus
You'd put him on, say, Qui-Gon's level by AOTC saber-wise? Or...who? I don't really have an answer except to say I think he's underneath that level. Qui-Gon was trained by Dooku and was his best student. Maul beat him while injured.

I just don't see Anakin coming even close in AOTC.

Darth Subjekt
Look how well he did against Dooku up until getting his arm cut off. He did better than OB1 and Dooku was visibly fatigued afterwards. That's pretty impressive. But like I already said, even if he does lose, I don't see it as him being pwned.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.