Mongul vs Darkseid

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mr. Slippyfist
This is Mongul wit da rings vs post crisis Darkseid without his Soul Fire power up.
No prep.

TricksterPriest
So what has Mongul done with the rings again? hmm

fangirl101
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
So what has Mongul done with the rings again? hmm
He was taking on a squadron of GL"s that included ION, Kyle, Gardner and others. He was stalemating them until the fly green lantern chewed his eye from the inside out.

OneDumbG0
^ Yea. The squad was Ion, Guy Gardner, Kyle Rayner, Arisia, Stel, Princess Iolande, Soranik Natu, Vath, Isamot and Bzzd. Ten altogether. I was sorely impressed by that. I mean... he was taking them all on simultaneously and they weren't without their casualties. My favorite Green Lantern...

weep

Mr. Slippyfist
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/GL/GLC026012.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/GL/GLC026013.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/GL/GLC026014.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/GL/GLC026015.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/GL/GLC026016.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/GL/GLC026017.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/GL/GLC026018.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/GL/GLC026019.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/GL/GLC026020.jpg

The most powerful member of the Corps died fighting Mongul, so that's a pretty big accomplishment.
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/GL/GLC026021.jpg

Galan007
mongy.

occultdestroyer
Mongul

OneDumbG0
I'ma go with Darkseid here. I think Darkseid could have done what Mongul did against that squad. And well... Mongul doesn't have heat vision...

... seriously, he doesn't.

dur

Galan007
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
I'ma go with Darkseid here. I think Darkseid could have done what Mongul did against that squad. And well... Mongul doesn't have heat vision...

... seriously, he doesn't.

dur none
Originally posted by Mr. Slippyfist

The most powerful member of the Corps died fighting Mongul, so that's a pretty big accomplishment.
now quiet yourself. vin

OneDumbG0
^ What? Like those GL's could withstand the Omega Effect? Cmon. I love my Green Lanterns, but they're not on that level. It's not like they're walking plot devices like H/P Doomsday or Jeph Loeb empowered Superman who can wade through Omega Effect beams like it was cool breeze. They'd be killed. And if Darkseid ever brought the Omega Effect on Mongul, he'd be able to take it a bit better than most, but he wouldn't shoot out Loeb-powered heat vision to negate it. Darkseid would win. I don't even think DC would have him job to Mongul, with or without the rings.

WrathfulDwarf
Post crisis DS does have his feats.

This one I might have to side with Mongy.

Pre-crisis DS...no way! DS takes it.

Galan007
^ What? Like those GL's could withstand the Omega Effect? Cmon. I love my Green Lanterns, but they're not on that level. It's not like they're walking plot devices like H/P Doomsday or Jeph Loeb empowered Superman who can wade through Omega Effect beams like it was cool breeze. They'd be killed. And if Darkseid ever brought the Omega Effect on Mongul, he'd be able to take it a bit better than most, but he wouldn't shoot out Loeb-powered heat vision to negate it. Darkseid would win. I don't even think DC would have him job to Mongul, with or without the rings. fanboy. vin

OneDumbG0
^ biscuits

SevenShackles
O_o no heat vision... doesnt mongul have 'Chest Vision' ?

fangirl101
Mongul wins. Not even DS can beat that many GL's including Ion.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Post crisis DS does have his feats.

This one I might have to side with Mongy.

Pre-crisis DS...no way! DS takes it.

no expression AHEM. Same ****ing guy, same ****ing feats. durfist

llagrok
no expression AHEM. Same ****ing guy, same ****ing feats. durfist

So I heard you missed up Quanchi and Red again.

quanchi112
Mongul takes this.

RageOfTheGods
The way Ion fought him was such bull........all he did was just try and blast him.......

Ion is capable of much more than that.......The way they write Sodam makes him a disgrace to the Ion name.......The Original Ion would easily destroy Mongul......

Didn't Sodam show the ability to take over the power of the Yellow Energy of the Sinestro Corps.......wonder why he never did so against Mongul.......I wonder jester

Seriously Ion should be able to swiftly dispose of Mongul......he did nothing but try and hurt him with a simple energy beam......

Anyways Mongul Jr. with the Rings is amazingly powerful but I believe Darkseid takes this.........

Mindset
Originally posted by RageOfTheGods
The way Ion fought him was such bull........all he did was just try and blast him.......

Ion is capable of much more than that.......The way they write Sodam makes him a disgrace to the Ion name.......The Original Ion would easily destroy Mongul......

Didn't Sodam show the ability to take over the power of the Yellow Energy of the Sinestro Corps.......wonder why he never did so against Mongul.......I wonder jester

Seriously Ion should be able to swiftly dispose of Mongul......he did nothing but try and hurt him with a simple energy beam......

Anyways Mongul Jr. with the Rings is amazingly powerful but I believe Darkseid takes this.........

He took over Alex Nero's constructs, I don't remember if he had a SC ring though.

SevenShackles
Originally posted by Mindset
He took over Alex Nero's constructs, I don't remember if he had a SC ring though.

O_o are u asking if ion or if Nero had a SC ring? either way answers no.
Nero isnt Sinestro Corp and ion was...Ion.

RageOfTheGods
Originally posted by SevenShackles

He was not a member but if I remember correctly he had a Sinestro Corps Ring........

I will get the issue out and see for sure.......I believe it was in the Ion Special.......

RageOfTheGods
Yup he had a Sinestro Ring........

Mongul should not stand a chance in Hell......against Ion.......if he can hang with Superman Prime in a brawl and the ability to tap into the Power of the Ion Force.......Mongul is not even a challenge........

He has the potential to be more powerful than even Kyle has ever been.........

SevenShackles
Yup he had a Sinestro Ring........

Mongul should not stand a chance in Hell......against Ion.......if he can hang with Superman Prime in a brawl and the ability to tap into the Power of the Ion Force.......Mongul is not even a challenge........

He has the potential to be more powerful than even Kyle has ever been.........

really? i thought that was the same ring he had before. mind you i dont see much of a difference from the one he had to a sinestro other than a logo. but i didnt see anything hinting to having a diff ring. unless you classify all yellow power rings as 'sinestro rings'

RageOfTheGods
really? i thought that was the same ring he had before. mind you i dont see much of a difference from the one he had to a sinestro other than a logo. but i didnt see anything hinting to having a diff ring. unless you classify all yellow power rings as 'sinestro rings'

He was sent to the Sinestro Corps and there was a picture was a little blurry but on a panel on this fight you could make out the Symbol on the Ring......besides that Nero was tapping into a fraction of the Ion Force somehow.....if he can defeat him effortlessly and do things that Kyle could not and such....he should effortlessly defeat Mongul........that showing of Sodam is silly......

Just his title alone means Sodam easily defea tMongul.......

SevenShackles
He was sent to the Sinestro Corps and there was a picture was a little blurry but on a panel on this fight you could make out the Symbol on the Ring......besides that Nero was tapping into a fraction of the Ion Force somehow.....if he can defeat him effortlessly and do things that Kyle could not and such....he should effortlessly defeat Mongul........that showing of Sodam is silly......

thanks for the clear up! big grin

just his title alone, yup. as Ion he has alot of options as what to do in battle, sad he can only think to fight like a rookie on the regular.

in terms of Mongul VS DS. DS would most likely win but Mongul would give him a hard time.

Mindset

I wasn't asking anything.

RageOfTheGods
thanks for the clear up! big grin

just his title alone, yup. as Ion he has alot of options as what to do in battle, sad he can only think to fight like a rookie on the regular.

in terms of Mongul VS DS. DS would most likely win but Mongul would give him a hard time.

Oh no problem.......yup as Ion he is the most powerful hero in the DCU.......

If he has the power to be more powerful than Kyle then he is one of the strongest beings in Comics...........

Looking at what Kyle did in the Power of Ion trade then someone like Mongul is not worthy of licking Sodam's feet...........

Anyways I would give Darkseid the win over Mongul here.........

Mindset

The only thing Yat has done that Kyle as Ion didn't was take over Nero's constructs. Other than that Kyle was way better as Ion, Kyle also defeated Nero effortlessly.

Yat aint got nothin on the Torch Bearer. wink

Mindset
Oh no problem.......yup as Ion he is the most powerful hero in the DCU.......

If he has the power to be more powerful than Kyle then he is one of the strongest beings in Comics...........

Looking at what Kyle did in the Power of Ion trade then someone like Mongul is not worthy of licking Sodam's feet...........

Anyways I would give Darkseid the win over Mongul here.........

Are you sure you aren't thinking of Kyle as his first incarnation of Ion? Because Yat will never be as strong as that.

Enyalus
I'd like to put my vote in for Mongul.

I'd also like to add my two cents that I believe the Green Lantern Corps has become a plot device in itself to show off a villian's power.

Want to show a character is strong? Have 'em kill a dozen GL's or something. Case closed.

How lame.

OneDumbG0
Man... Darkseid sure has fallen off quite a bit on these boards...

... even I feel bad for him. dur

Darkseid wins. Omega Effect may be useless against Superman, Wonder Woman, H/P Doomsday, Entropy Aegis, etc. but it should still work against Green Lanterns and Yellow Lanterns.

Val-E-Doosh
I don't see why a GL couldn't just loop it back at him like Firestorm did.

Mr. Slippyfist
Originally posted by Val-E-Doosh
I don't see why a GL couldn't just loop it back at him like Firestorm did. If they haven't dealt with the OE, then it's obviously impossible. Come on naw. erm

OneDumbG0
I don't see why a GL couldn't just loop it back at him like Firestorm did. ...

Firestorm looped the true Omega Effect back at Darkseid?

blink

Mr. Slippyfist

blink Omega Force

He made it sound like all you need is a funnel to do so as well.

OneDumbG0
Alright... I've read comics where Darkseid and others call it the "Omega Effect," the "Omega Beams," and now there is the "Omega Force?" Is there any intelligible difference between the three? The OE got deflected by Superman's heat vision, the OB got deflected by Wonder Woman's bracelets... now the OF got funneled back by Firestorm?

Y'know something... bottom-line, I've pretty much lost all respect for the Omega <insert word>.

no

Mr. Slippyfist
Alright... I've read comics where Darkseid and others call it the "Omega Effect," the "Omega Beams," and now there is the "Omega Force?" Is there any intelligible difference between the three? The OE got deflected by Superman's heat vision, the OB got deflected by Wonder Woman's bracelets... now the OF got funneled back by Firestorm?

Y'know something... bottom-line, I've pretty much lost all respect for the Omega <insert word>.

no The Omega Force is what powers him. Apparently his most powerful attack. It comes out of his hands.

IMO the Effect and Beams are just interchangeable words, but I've never seen them clearly separated in comics.

OneDumbG0
Fugging Darkseid.

glare

Val-E-Doosh
The Firestorm incident was Pre-Crisis DS as well. Double the lulz.

So yeah, I think Mongul with the rings is comfortably above Darkseid (not counting any FC related shenanigans).

-K-M-
No their different things, as at times the Omega Beams or "Finder Beams" are what comes before the Omega Effect. He can control how potent the beams are to instant incineration to merely just eye beams.

Also what comes out of his hands is Omega energy as well (not his most powerful attack).

Mr. Slippyfist
Originally posted by -K-M-
No their different things, as at times the Omega Beams or "Finder Beams" are what comes before the Omega Effect. He can control how potent the beams are to instant incineration to merely just eye beams.

Also what comes out of his hands is Omega energy as well (not his most powerful attack). Have the OB's ever been referenced as finder beams?

Anyway, when he fired the OB's at Superman, he intended to reduce him to ash, and when he fired the OF at FS, he was trying to get rid of the heroes forever. And he said he was going to terminate Superman with the OE.

Avlon
Darkseid ftw.

I don't see DC ever giving Mongul a win over DS.

Galan007
I don't see why a GL couldn't just loop it back at him like Firestorm did. kind of like ion (II) did to darky's boy, grayven?

blink the omega force is what was redirected:

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/Galan007/th_fs9-1.jpg http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/Galan007/th_fs10-1.jpg

----

and what exactly is the omega force?

it's the "prime power" of darkseid:

http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/796/jla18507da6.th.jpg

RESPEK FS!!!! vin

OneDumbG0
I was using the search function. Apparently a GL has done something with the Omega Beams... Raker, I think it was? Anybody know of what they're referencing?

Val-E-Doosh
I was using the search function. Apparently a GL has done something with the Omega Beams... Raker, I think it was? Anybody know of what they're referencing?
He put a bubble over DS's head to block the OE.

OneDumbG0
no expression

Mindset
Man DS is bitchmade

quanchi112
no expression Have you forgotten about Raker?

Mindset
Originally posted by quanchi112
Have you forgotten about Raker?

Is he special or something?

quanchi112
Originally posted by Mindset
Is he special or something? He was a just a good gl who cut the omega effect off from Darkseid using his lantern ring.

Mr. Slippyfist
How exactly does your brain function?

quanchi112
How exactly does your brain function? What troubles you?

Mr. Slippyfist
What troubles you? Well, ODG was using the straight face in response to what Raker did (because he didn't know), and then you:

I don't get what that post meant at all.

OneDumbG0
Midgets trouble me. Them and their small legs. Brrr...

fear

quanchi112
Well, ODG was using the straight face in response to what Raker did (because he didn't know), and then you:

I don't get what that post meant at all. Edit.

OneDumbG0
I didn't know about Raker. I asked about it when I saw mention of him in cursory searches. You misunderstood.

quanchi112
I didn't know about Raker. I asked about it when I saw mention of him in cursory searches. You misunderstood. Does this change your opinion of who wins this?

OneDumbG0
No. I still think Darkseid could win. It'd just be harder.

Val-E-Doosh
no expression That's nothing. I didn't even mention the shovel.

Mr. Slippyfist
That's nothing. I didn't even mention the shovel. And the yellow suit...

OneDumbG0
That's nothing. I didn't even mention the shovel. Originally posted by Mr. Slippyfist
And the yellow suit... omg

-K-M-
Have the OB's ever been referenced as finder beams?

Anyway, when he fired the OB's at Superman, he intended to reduce him to ash, and when he fired the OF at FS, he was trying to get rid of the heroes forever. And he said he was going to terminate Superman with the OE.

Yes

and the beams have incinerated people stronger then Superman before, but that's the wonders of comics and their consistencies.

TricksterPriest
The beams killed H/P Doomsday briefly, and were the only thing in H/P that actually put him down for awhile, besides Entropy.

Mr. Slippyfist
Yes

and the beams have incinerated people stronger then Superman before, but that's the wonders of comics and their consistencies. Scan?

I know. They're great.

The beams killed H/P Doomsday briefly, and were the only thing in H/P that actually put him down for awhile, besides Entropy. It stopped him for less than a minute... most likely due to the fact that he was buried under melted rubble.

It's only speculative for either side.

quanchi112
Yes

and the beams have incinerated people stronger then Superman before, but that's the wonders of comics and their consistencies. I dont think anyone is claiming that Mongul can survive the beams or not.

Its whether Darkseid can hit him with the beams.

-K-M-
Scan?

For which part?

I dont think anyone is claiming that Mongul can survive the beams or not.

Its whether Darkseid can hit him with the beams.

I wasn't either, all I did was clarify some stuff about the beams not about the fight in question.

Mr. Slippyfist
For which part?
For the OB's being called Finder Beams.

-K-M-
For the OB's being called Finder Beams.

Here, Inifinity Man thought it was the Omega Effect and thought Darkseid was going to kill then, but he used the Omega beams to teleport him and Superman away. There are better scans that explain it better, but this is the only one I have scanned.

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh187/DarkseidRes/AdventuresOfSuperman495p16.jpg

Also notice the beams easily tag Superman and Infinity Man too shifty

Mr. Slippyfist
Here, Inifinity Man thought it was the Omega Effect and thought Darkseid was going to kill then, but he used the Omega beams to teleport him and Superman away. There are better scans that explain it better, but this is the only one I have scanned.

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh187/DarkseidRes/AdventuresOfSuperman495p16.jpg

Also notice the beams easily tag Superman and Infinity Man too shifty Didn't that basically call the Finder Beams the Omega Effect? I don't see OB in there...

fangirl101
Scan?

I know. They're great.

It stopped him for less than a minute... most likely due to the fact that he was buried under melted rubble.

It's only speculative for either side.
NO. Countdown EFFECTIVELY says that Doomsday died briefly in that battle. In the back up story.

-K-M-
Didn't that basically call the Finder Beams the Omega Effect? I don't see OB in there...

Naaa as Darkseid said he sent out the Omega Beams later, as on other occasions the finder beams are for the Obeams as mentioned by Kanto. Like I said I need to find those other scans to help better describe it

Avlon
DS never killed DD... he thought he did and it cost him dearly.

Mr. Slippyfist
Naaa as Darkseid said he sent out the Omega Beams later, as on other occasions the finder beams are for the Obeams as mentioned by Kanto. Like I said I need to find those other scans to help better describe it You probably do need to...

-K-M-
On a sidenote, Starfire just recently even compared Mongul and Darkseid together in the new Holy War issue.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Avlon
DS never killed DD... he thought he did and it cost him dearly. I finally agree with you. Hell hath truly frozen over.

Galan007
Originally posted by fangirl101
NO. Countdown EFFECTIVELY says that Doomsday died briefly in that battle. In the back up story. no. it doesn't.

Mr. Slippyfist
On a sidenote, Starfire just recently even compared Mongul and Darkseid together in the new Holy War issue. Ya, but Mongul isn't in a class with Darky minus the rings.

And Superman doesn't = the Corps. laughing out loud

-K-M-
And Superman doesn't = the Corps. laughing out loud

Sure he does shifty

Galan007
^

nah, he's clearly >. haw-som

Mr. Slippyfist
Sure he does shifty I stand corrected.

Enyalus
SMP = All 7200 GLs.

At once.

Val-E-Doosh
Originally posted by Enyalus
SMP = All 7200 GLs.

At once.
It was more like 30 GL's. Pretty close to 7200.

Enyalus
It was more like 30 GL's. Pretty close to 7200.

But, we all know he could've taken all 7200 at once if they weren't frightened and running away. Could even throw in half the Guardians, too. smile

Mr. Slippyfist
Originally posted by Enyalus
But, we all know he could've taken all 7200 at once if they weren't frightened and running away. Could even throw in half the Guardians, too. smile Or just One Guardian not trying to BFR him for a kamikaze.

Val-E-Doosh
I don't see why it's a given the OE would erase Mongul. Not that I think Mongul would beat DS without the rings but I don't think it's as simple as spamming the Omega Effect/Force/Beams/Blowjob/etc.

Enyalus
I believe Morrison stated once in an interview that a Darkseid blowjob possesses enough energy to knock the protons off of an atom. Don't ask me to find the quote. Really. Just take my word for it.

I'm also of the opinion that it wouldn't erase him from existence. Lower tier characters than Mongul have been shown to survive it, so...Hurt like hell, on the other hand? Oh yeah.

Boy Blue
Not that I think Mongul would beat DS without the rings Definitely not.

If DS had the rings though, then Mongul would wipe the floor with him.

Val-E-Doosh
I see what you did there, Smurph.

I'm not amused.

TheBadguy
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/GL/GLC026012.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/GL/GLC026013.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/GL/GLC026014.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/GL/GLC026015.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/GL/GLC026016.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/GL/GLC026017.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/GL/GLC026018.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/GL/GLC026019.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/GL/GLC026020.jpg

Ok I just made up my mind I have to read the Sinestro Corps. anyone know somewhere I can download the whole run?

Mr. Slippyfist
Originally posted by TheBadguy
Ok I just made up my mind I have to read the Sinestro Corps. anyone know somewhere I can download the whole run? You have to read it all right, but that's not from Sinestro Corps.

It's from Green Lantern Corps 26.

Boy Blue
Originally posted by TheBadguy
Ok I just made up my mind I have to read the Sinestro Corps. anyone know somewhere I can download the whole run? Your local comic store might be a safe bet, but they won't give you free downloads til you pay them.

Also, the DL's come in paperback, comic book form.

TheBadguy
Originally posted by Boy Blue
Your local comic store might be a safe bet, but they won't give you free downloads til you pay them.

Also, the DL's come in paperback, comic book form.

laughing out loud Happy Dance

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.