Orion vs Thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Great Galen
Orion is at his peak, both guys are bloodlusted. Can he overcome the titan?

Mr. Slippyfist
No.

Bouboumaster
No

guy222
^^agreed

-K-M-
At his peak he had the ALE. So I assume this is banned?

Board Walker
So basically.....this is Orion who surpassed darkseid.

The Great Galen
Exactly, Orion with his astral harness is pretty ubber and at his peak would match well agaisnt somone like Thanos.

Nihilist
Thanos wins handily

The Great Galen
I dont know, Orion is like supes without any weakness....plus at his peak he was a beast.

Nihilist
Originally posted by The Great Galen
I dont know, Orion is like supes without any weakness....plus at his peak he was a beast.
im not sayin he aint a beast by a long strech,but thanos is in another league imo.whilst bloodlusted thanos almost beat sufer to death in 6-7 punches.

Board Walker
I would say this is actually a flame bait thread to be honest, I know you read some DC galen, so you should know when you say peak level Orion, your basically insinuating Orion who was shown in the prophecy who defeats and kills darkseid in combat and surpasses him.

That and the ALE makes this match purely spite.

The Great Galen
Originally posted by Board Walker
I would say this is actually a flame bait thread to be honest, I know you read some DC galen, so you should know when you say peak level Orion, your basically insinuating Orion who was shown in the prophecy who defeats and kills darkseid in combat and surpasses him.

That and the ALE makes this match purely spite.

Its not a flame bait by any means, perhaps it has more to do with u underestimating Thanos then anything else.

fangirl101
Fight ends up the same way it did when Orion fought the Infinity Man.

Board Walker
Its not a flame bait by any means, perhaps it has more to do with u underestimating Thanos then anything else.

Orion herald of the source+ale, geeze I wonder galen who is going to win this.

joesdabest1
Thanos 1 shots him.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Thanos takes this in my opinion. Wasn't Orion beating Darkseid part of Seid's plan to begin with? So, how is that an impressive thing? What makes you thing the ALE will work on a character of Thanos caliber with his tech? Lastly, you had to say Orion at his peak with plot devices to help him because without that he loses pretty handily. However, Thanos at his peak with his plot devices that he's invented or acquired equals GAME OVER.

TricksterPriest
Darkseid has exploited the prophecy for his own ends, but Orion was prophesized by the Source to kill his father.

.......................I'm going to completely ignore that bit about the ALE, because it's not only ignorance, it's complete fanboyism. erm The ALE can crush anything Thanos comes up with on his own.

Plot devices he's invented? Depends on which Orion. Acquired? Well, that's just Thanos fanboys trying to give him the IG, etc. roll eyes (sarcastic)

quanchi112
Originally posted by Nihilist
Thanos wins handily Agreed.

The Great Galen
I didnt say he had the ALE, i meant at his peak under his own power(ie.prophecy/herald 0f source).

Mindset
I didnt say he had the ALE, i meant at his peak under his own power(ie.prophecy/herald 0f source).

So you mean when he was tapping in to DS stolen power and he killed DS?

KuRuPT Thanosi
You can't say he has the ALE when he doesn't really. If you do say that then that is an acquired plot device so therefore Thanos can acquire one as well and well we know the outcome then.

quanchi112
I didnt say he had the ALE, i meant at his peak under his own power(ie.prophecy/herald 0f source). So Orion at the time of countdown 2? Correct?

panthergod
Orion gets destroyed.

quanchi112
Originally posted by panthergod
Orion gets destroyed. I agree.

The Great Galen
Originally posted by quanchi112
So Orion at the time of countdown 2? Correct?

Yes, and no he and Thanos dont have any plot devices. This is Thanos just before he got slaughtered by Drax and this is Orion at his peak under his own power without the ALE.

quanchi112
Yes, and no he and Thanos dont have any plot devices. This is Thanos just before he got slaughtered by Drax and this is Orion at his peak under his own power without the ALE. Thanos destroys him then.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Just as I expected and without plot devices honestly Thanos wins pretty much all the time. 9/10

The Great Galen
Well considering Orion will have his astrol harness and he will be at the level he was at during prophecy I dont know....can Thanos really beat a herlad of the source?

quanchi112
Well considering Orion will have his astrol harness and he will be at the level he was at during prophecy I dont know....can Thanos really beat a herlad of the source? Orion was at his normal power levels when he beat Darkseid which proved Orion could beat Darkseid when they were both at normal power levels but imo Orion has no chance against Thanos who shreds top tiers.

Orion would be no different than the Silver Surfer going up against Thanos here.

tdawg14
This is a stomp in the worst way. Anyone giving Orion a win is a complete fanboy.

The Great Galen
Orion was at his normal power levels when he beat Darkseid which proved Orion could beat Darkseid when they were both at normal power levels but imo Orion has no chance against Thanos who shreds top tiers.

Orion would be no different than the Silver Surfer going up against Thanos here.

You do realize a normal power DS is skyfather right, what u basically impied was that Orion at his normal level is skyfather as well. Besides unlike SS, Orion has the actual combat speed and H2H ability to take it to Thanos. Not to mention he has held back agaisnt a enraged supes....the same enraged supes could solo'ed the JL.

The Great Galen
Originally posted by tdawg14
This is a stomp in the worst way. Anyone giving Orion a win is a complete fanboy.

Orion is peers with Superman in speed,strength,durability with even greater h2h skills and no weakness. The last time we saw Orion the man was a freaking monster. Added with his astrol harness, this fight is a very even contest IMO.

quanchi112
You do realize a normal power DS is skyfather right, what u basically impied was that Orion at his normal level is skyfather as well. Besides unlike SS, Orion has the actual combat speed and H2H ability to take it to Thanos. Not to mention he has held back agaisnt a enraged supes....the same enraged supes could solo'ed the JL. Imo Darkseid is a top tier. He cant seem to beat other top tiers either.

You really think an enraged Superman could solo the jla? Based on?

Unless you have anything further to add Thanos wins here and most agree with me.

The Great Galen
Imo Darkseid is a top tier. He cant seem to beat other top tiers either.

You really think an enraged Superman could solo the jla? Based on?

Unless you have anything further to add Thanos wins here and most agree with me.

it was a enraged Supes that was being manipulated, he was also sun amped. Supes took out the JL and was then confronted by Orion who stalemated him untill Supes was blind sided with the mega rod which then allowed Orion the free hit that put Supes down for a bit. Keep in mind that he was sun amped so his durability,strength and speed where all inreased and unlike the scarifice fight agaisnt WW, Supes was fighting smart...at least smart enough to take out the JL. Oh and need I remind you of this""I must now wield my astro force with surgical precision, it's power can shatter worlds. I only want to stun him with it" Orion has to essentially hold himself back out of fear of killing SUpes.

As far as DS only be top tier......http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh187/DarkseidRes/FofF-076-04.jpg

Keep in mind Brimstone beat Firestorm, Cosmic Boy and the Justice League.

quanchi112
it was a enraged Supes that was being manipulated, he was also sun amped. Supes took out the JL and was then confronted by Orion who stalemated him untill Supes was blind sided with the mega rod which then allowed Orion the free hit that put Supes down for a bit. Keep in mind that he was sun amped so his durability,strength and speed where all inreased and unlike the scarifice fight agaisnt WW, Supes was fighting smart...at least smart enough to take out the JL. Oh and need I remind you of this""I must now wield my astro force with surgical precision, it's power can shatter worlds. I only want to stun him with it" Orion has to essentially hold himself back out of fear of killing SUpes.

As far as DS only be top tier......http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh187/DarkseidRes/FofF-076-04.jpg

Keep in mind Brimstone beat Firestorm, Cosmic Boy and the Justice League. Id like to see the scans when Superman supposedly beat the jla. I have had differently. Please refer the issue number to me so i can see for myself because as I understood it he didnt defeat them at all.

Ds wasnt always a top tier and used to be a lot more powerful as your scan shows. But recently before fc he was downplayed into a top tier more than a few times.

Bouboumaster
You do realize a normal power DS is skyfather right, what u basically impied was that Orion at his normal level is skyfather as well. Besides unlike SS, Orion has the actual combat speed and H2H ability to take it to Thanos. Not to mention he has held back agaisnt a enraged supes....the same enraged supes could solo'ed the JL.

I agree that Darkseid might be in the skyfather class, but I don't see him in the same "class" of Odin, DP Tyrant, Zeus, Zuras and... Thanos.

The Great Galen
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
I agree that Darkseid might be in the skyfather class, but I don't see him in the same "class" of Odin, DP Tyrant, Zeus, Zuras and... Thanos.

DS easily has feats to put him on par with all those just mentioned, plus regardless of watever underwhealming showings he might have had in recent times it still doesnt negate his status. Thanos has yet to create a being like styne or match a opponent like high father.

quanchi112
DS easily has feats to put him on par with all those just mentioned, plus regardless of watever underwhealming showings he might have had in recent times it still doesnt negate his status. Thanos has yet to create a being like styne or match a opponent like high father. What does creating a being have to do with anything?
Thanos has created Omega and some badass clones. I am referring to the Thanos clone that took Thor on and the one from Celestial quest.

What has High Father done?

The Great Galen
What does creating a being have to do with anything?
Thanos has created Omega and some badass clones. I am referring to the Thanos clone that took Thor on and the one from Celestial quest.

What has High Father done?

Wasn't Omega web slinged in the eyes by Spidey.....oh and the means of creation were quite different. Thanos used his tech while DS created Styne under his own power. Anyhow are you honestly unfamiliar with High fathers powerset....Takion was a prjection of his power and look how ubber he was.

The Great Galen
As far as this eactul fight goes, Orion with the astral harness is quite the deadly foe and considering that warlock has beaten Thanos before I dont see why Orion couldnt.

quanchi112
Wasn't Omega web slinged in the eyes by Spidey.....oh and the means of creation were quite different. Thanos used his tech while DS created Styne under his own power. Anyhow are you honestly unfamiliar with High fathers powerset....Takion was a prjection of his power and look how ubber he was. You said created but now I guess you mean under his own power.

What does web slinging his eyes for a moment have to do with Omega and his power level?

I want you to make a believer out of me with regards to Izaya.

Takion is another being so it isnt relevant to this discussion.

Please now back up your case and give me a few impressive feats of Izaya in combat if you would.

quanchi112
As far as this eactul fight goes, Orion with the astral harness is quite the deadly foe and considering that warlock has beaten Thanos before I dont see why Orion couldnt. That was in ghost form after Thanos killed him and before his upgrades which is irrelevant to this conversation.

Nihilist
As far as this eactul fight goes, Orion with the astral harness is quite the deadly foe and considering that warlock has beaten Thanos before I dont see why Orion couldnt.

when has adam warlock beat thanos before?

quanchi112
Originally posted by Nihilist
when has adam warlock beat thanos before? Remember when his ghost came back and killed Thanos. Then Death rezzed him.

Nihilist
Remember when his ghost came back and killed Thanos. Then Death rezzed him.

thats what i thought he meant,warlock was temporarily upgraded/ empowered by order and chaos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.