Raskta Lsu vs. Kas'im

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lightsnake
The two most legendary duelists of Jedi and Sith in the New Sith Wars square off!

1. Force
2. Saber
3. All-out.

Battleground is in the fortress where Bane fought the Jedi. Who wins?

Taven
LOL. Wonder what inspired you in making this thread. Anyways, Kas'im wins this one hands down. He was directly stated to be the greatest swordsman of his time, and has actually demonstrated formidable Force power on top of that amazing technical ability. Allow Raskta the added advantages of battle meditation that she was receiving against Bane, and she'd win.

Lightsnake
Originally posted by Taven
LOL. Wonder what inspired you in making this thread. Anyways, Kas'im wins this one hands down. He was directly stated to be the greatest swordsman of his time, and has actually demonstrated formidable Force power on top of that amazing technical ability.
For starters, that's from Bane's POV and he'd never heard of raskta. Given she, even with BM was capable of keeping up with Bane circa Ro2 and that she isn't a swordsman...force, I'd grant Kas'im.

tulakhordpwns
Kas'im wins all 3

Faunus
Originally posted by Lightsnake
For starters, that's from Bane's POV and he'd never heard of raskta.Bane had an intelligence network so precise that he'd located an individual Jedi Knight who resembled Zannah, who her master was, found out when she'd be away from the Temple and then snuck his disguised apprentice in for several hours. I think he'd have heard of the greatest duelist in the Order.
Barely. There was one point where she stood against him while he worked his way around her to get to Worror, and the rest of the time she was getting her ass kicked. Even with BM, he almost ran over her.
Huh?

Kas'im sweeps all three - more versatility, a more pronounced mastery of all aspects of the weapon(s), and considerably superior Force ability. Raskta is directly stated to have neglected Force training in order to focus on her swordsmanship, and Bane nearly crushed her against a wall with a Force-push. Farfalla had to use all his power to lessen the impact, and she still hit pretty hard. Kas'im stopped a Force-push that disintegrated an entire building.

Lightsnake
Originally posted by Faunus
Bane had an intelligence network so precise that he'd located an individual Jedi Knight who resembled Zannah, who her master was, found out when she'd be away from the Temple and then snuck his disguised apprentice in for several hours. I think he'd have heard of the greatest duelist in the Order.
By PoD? Very unlikely

That's sheer physical strength which, of course she isn't going to match Bane in. She gave him more trouble than Kas'im would have at that point, I would think.

Technically she's a swordswoman

Yep, force and all out, Kas'im takes. Saber-wise, not entirely sure. Raskta'd be good enough for Kas'im not to be able to surprise her as she's a master of Jar'Kai, which is his finest.

Offhand, how's everything been, Faunus?

Enyalus
I think that Kas'im wins in all three areas, although in sabers it might be close. Kas'im is stated to be the greatest duelist in the galaxy. That shouldn't be up for debate, really. Direct statement, no wiggle room involved.

When he switched to Jar'Kai in PoD he was definitely Bane's superior. Even amped with battle meditation and naturally superior reflexes (she was Echani wasn't she?), Raskta was barely holding Bane off and being pushed backwards. It's not entirely fair to compare them based on that, because Bane had ten years of training and an amp from orbalisks...But meh.

That's what I think.

tulakhordpwns
Originally posted by Enyalus
Kas'im is stated to be the greatest duelist in the galaxy. That shouldn't be up for debate, really. Direct statement, no wiggle room involved.

Bane thinks that Kas'im might be the greatest. And as Lightsnake said, it is unlikely Bane knew of Raksta at the time.

Other than that I agree with you.

Taven
No, both of you are wrong: it's directly stated by the omniscient narrator.

Enyalus
No, both of you are wrong: it's directly stated by the omniscient narrator.

That's what I thought. I have the book, I'm just too lazy to flip through all of it to pull out the verbatim quote.

Lightsnake
No, it isn't. It's from Bane's POV rather clearly. It's Bane's thoughts and realization.

Taven
No. It's stated by the narrator, and it's clearly not coming from Bane by virtue of the fact that Bane is not in a position to speak for Kas'im's level of ability with respect to the entire Galaxy, and as such wouldn't think as such.

Elite Hunter
Can someone quote the novel?

Lightsnake
Within the first few passes Bane knew he couldn't win. Kas'im had trained his entire life for this moment. After years of study, he'd mastered all seven forms of the lightsaber. Then he'd honed his skill for decades, perfecting every move and sequence until he had become the perfect weapon and the greatest living swordsman in the galaxy. Maybe the greatest swordsman ever. Bane was no match for him.

All of the fight is from Bane's POV, why would this be different? This is what Bane believes about Kas'im, period.

If I'm wrong, you'd sure as hell better never whine about the Death Star novel again.

Enyalus
The story unfolds in 3rd person omniscient, if I'm not mistaken. Which would make Bane's POV factual. It's not as if the novel states, "Kas'im told Bane he had mastered all seven lightsaber forms...Bane believed him to be the greatest swordsman in the galaxy. Maybe ever."

It's presented as a fact, from the 3rd person perspective.

I might be splitting hairs and arguing semantics, though...but that is my opinion. The novel doesn't take place from the first person viewpoint.

Lightsnake
No, but third person can still present

Of course, Nebaris loves dismissing all third person info as nothing more than peoples' POV, so it's nice for him to get a taste of his own medicine.

It's Bane thinking he can't win and why. Taken the other way, it's really not an issue, Raskta being a swordswoman

Enyalus
I wish we had more of a chance to look at Raskta without the aid of BM. The few seconds she goes without it, she ends up backpeddling like crazy, doesn't she?

Lightsnake
She's still able to hold her own with the others, I believe.

And in Ruusan, she was pretty great

Enyalus
Yeah. Mentions her killing as many Sith Lords as the Thought Bomb did? But just look at Quardis. The Sith Lords of Kaan's Brotherhood were really weak. I don't know that their saber skills would have been any better.

Lightsnake
That's probably exaggeration in regards to Raskta. . And Qordis was probably at least halfway decent....they'd never stand against the Jedi otherwise

Taven
Originally posted by Lightsnake
Within the first few passes Bane knew he couldn't win. Kas'im had trained his entire life for this moment. After years of study, he'd mastered all seven forms of the lightsaber. Then he'd honed his skill for decades, perfecting every move and sequence until he had become the perfect weapon and the greatest living swordsman in the galaxy. Maybe the greatest swordsman ever. Bane was no match for him.

All of the fight is from Bane's POV, why would this be different? This is what Bane believes about Kas'im, period.

If I'm wrong, you'd sure as hell better never whine about the Death Star novel again.

The language would clearly indicate that it's not coming from Bane's PoV.

Kas'im had trained his entire life for this moment.

^That kind of symbolic metaphorical language is never used by a writer to indirectly convey a character's feelings, (the only meaning it has is to the readers) and then, as I said, Bane isn't even close to being in a position where he can judge who the best living swordsman is in the Galaxy at any given time, he's not an idiot, and wouldn't blindly assume as much.

Lightsnake
The language would clearly indicate that it's not coming from Bane's PoV.

Kas'im had trained his entire life for this moment.

^That kind of symbolic metaphorical language is never used by a writer to indirectly convey a character's feelings, (the only meaning it has is to the readers) and then, as I said, Bane isn't even close to being in a position where he can judge who the best living swordsman is in the Galaxy at any given time, he's not an idiot, and wouldn't blindly assume as much.
Just after it said 'Bane could not win.'
Again, if this is what you're embracing, you'd best shut up about the Death Star novel.

And yes, I'm sure the omniscient narrator would convey Kas'im training his entire life...to fight Bane

DarkSerpent
inteligence+sarcasm...rare indeed

Enyalus
Actually, the two go hand-in-hand.

DarkSerpent
Originally posted by Enyalus
Actually, the two go hand-in-hand. yeah but with what ive read of lightsnake...usually smart,yet so ,so wrong... and bias for sidious

Darth Subjekt
And you've gathered that from the mere hours that you've been a member? Hmmm

Lightsnake
I'm curious...you are...who exactly?

DarkSerpent
iv been reading for days trying to decide to join and LS dont take it offensively you simply got my attention for being one the most intelligent and by that standard wrong more often than you should be if i was counting everybody on the same standard then your right a lot comparitivevly...

Gideon
Ah. Well, since you're the standard by which we should all measure our intellect, please enlighten us. Where is Lightsnake always wrong? Moreover, since when is proving and supporting the fact that Sidious is the strongest Sith Lord bias?

DarkSerpent
Debating ability to me is more important than whether someone is right or wrong... in that respect your in top tier(Except possibly for Palpatine/Sidious debates) but atleast its not somebody as low as tyrannus

DarkSerpent
Originally posted by Gideon
Ah. Well, since you're the standard by which we should all measure our intellect, please enlighten us. Where is Lightsnake always wrong? Moreover, since when is proving and supporting the fact that Sidious is the strongest Sith Lord bias? never said i was the standard... let me dumb it down... the average is that better.. sheesh big deal out of little stuff

Gideon
Originally posted by DarkSerpent
Debating ability to me is more important than whether someone is right or wrong... in that respect your in top tier(Except possibly for Palpatine/Sidious debates) but atleast its not somebody as low as tyrannus

I'm Gideon, from Reality. Reality has a strong economy. Our chief export? SENSE. You and your kind need some. I urge you to do business with me.

What on Earth are you talking about?

DarkSerpent
I'm Gideon, from Reality. Reality has a strong economy. Our chief export? SENSE. You and your kind need some. I urge you to do business with me.

What on Earth are you talking about? Philosophy...
ie whether he is weak or strong doesn't matter only determination

what the beleif is is irrelevant only the strength of ones faith...

good and evil isn't what matters only power...

need i go further...

Darth Subjekt
Grammatical correctness doesn't matter, only incoherent ramblings.

DarkSerpent
Originally posted by Darth Subjekt
Grammatical correctness doesn't matter, only incoherent ramblings. idiotas...

oh gwamor noe mater tu ijit wike mee

Darth Subjekt
We know. It's ok.

DarkSerpent
subjekt do you atleast get where i was going with it

Darth Subjekt
In all seriousness, yes. However it was the approach that was rather uncouth.

edit: But that in no means that I agree that LS is always wrong.

DarkSerpent
In all seriousness, yes. However it was the approach that was rather uncouth. plz explain...awake since this monday...southern iced tea... soooooo good seriously tho explain

DarkSerpent
In all seriousness, yes. However it was the approach that was rather uncouth.

edit: But that in no means that I agree that LS is always wrong. not what i meant...
i meant considering his debating ability he is wrong a little too often
However,compared to most here he is right 85% of time... still impressive

Darth Subjekt
Kinda like, "LS. You're smart but you type dumb shit. You're wrong all the time, but you're smart. But still always wrong, and you're a Sidious fanboy." Granted, I'm paraphrasing, but you get my gist.

What part of that was even remotely necessary, especially when you haven't been privy to the majority of LS's debates?

DarkSerpent
Kinda like, "LS. You're smart but you type dumb shit. You're wrong all the time, but you're smart. But still always wrong, and you're a Sidious fanboy." Granted, I'm paraphrasing, but you get my gist.

What part of that was even remotely necessary, especially when you haven't been privy to the majority of LS's debates? again reading for days..(8 to be exact)

Faunus

What on Earth are you talking about? I'll do business with you. I mean, found your mother very cooperative.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.