Darth Malak vs. ROTS Vader

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Advent
Combatants: Darth Malak, no Star Forge versus Anakin Skywalker/pre-suit Darth Vader.

Setting: They fight to the death in the jungles of Yavin IV!

Rules: None do apply. A no-holds barred, anything goes, there's no mercy DEATH MATCH!

This might have been done, but I swear I searched, oh well... Edit: also, FAILTALITY on poll, lol.

Icy Ninja
Anakin win in sabers
Malak win in the force by having a better showing
All out Anakin based on the fact that Malak has no feats with a saber and I don't think Anakin is to far behind in the force

Advent
I would agree with your first two statements, but I'm not so sure Anakin would be able to beat Malak when it comes down to an all-out fight. It's true he's powerful in the Force even during ROTS, but I think Malak has a strong advantage in that regard from what we've seen.

Anymore thoughts?

Gideon
Skywalker tools the shit out of Malak with a lightsaber. If he's capable of turning Count "I'm one of the most powerful Jedi ever and an even greater Lord of the Sith" Dooku into a joke, he'd do the same thing to Malak. Force-wise? Malak's displayed a greater mastery. All out? No idea.

Darth Subjekt
If Vader's saber skills are a firm tier above Malak's, I don't see why Vader going straight at him, and not giving his a chance to fire off a force attack, wouldn't work. But I guess it all depends on where they start off at and so on.

Faunus
People can "fire off" Force attacks in the midst of saber combat (Dooku vs. Obi-Wan, Dooku vs. Anakin, Dooku vs. Sora Bulq, Dooku vs. Quinlan Vos), so that's not really an issue. And unlike the Count, Malak isn't eighty-three. He's likely in his physical prime and happens to be massive, so there won't be any such beat-downs here. That said, Anakin is almost undoubtedly the superior duelist, but Malak has demonstrated far greater control and prowess with the Force itself, so I'm inclined to say that he'll win through Force attacks, if not nearly as easily as someone like Dooku would have.

Enyalus
Originally posted by Faunus
...but Malak has demonstrated far greater control and prowess with the Force itself, so I'm inclined to say that he'll win through Force attacks, if not nearly as easily as someone like Dooku would have.

I dunno, this is taking place on Yavin afterall, not Starforge...

I get this image in my head of Vader just shredding his force shields like paper and Force Choking him to death. To me, Vader's on a whole 'nother level.

As far as sabers go, he definitely destroys Malak. His biggest feat as Vader during ROTS in my opinion was killing off Cin Drallig one-handed while using his other hand to Force Choke his apprentice to death. Bad as hell.

Tangible God
I love how people have created the concept of pre-PT Force-users being as inferior as they're made out to be. If they're so comparatively weak, then Malak's, or hell even Revan's Force Lightning must do little more than jumpstart an iPod. I don't know what sources would say otherwise, but I can't bring myself to conclude Anakin resisting Malak's Force attacks.

Schwarzenegger
Originally posted by Advent
I would agree with your first two statements, but I'm not so sure Anakin would be able to beat Malak when it comes down to an all-out fight. It's true he's powerful in the Force even during ROTS, but I think Malak has a strong advantage in that regard from what we've seen.

Anymore thoughts? Malak may be superior to anakin in force knowledge but in telekenesis at least, anakin has the upperhand (as he was able to lift up the jedi temples massive statue and send it flying), all i have seen of malaks tk is choking another jedi and thats about it though i can't conclude if he can replicate what anakin did to the statue.

Tangible God
Originally posted by Schwarzenegger
Malak may be superior to anakin in force knowledge but in telekenesis at least, anakin has the upperhand (as he was able to lift up the jedi temples massive statue and send it flying), all i have seen of malaks tk is choking another jedi and thats about it though i can't conclude if he can replicate what anakin did to the statue. Exactly. In brute force, it's hard to compare anyone from KotOR to anyone else. We have no idea if Malak's lightning is stronger or weaker than say, Dooku's or if his telekinesis is more prominent than Vader's.

Faunus
Originally posted by Tangible God
Exactly. In brute force, it's hard to compare anyone from KotOR to anyone else. We have no idea if Malak's lightning is stronger or weaker than say, Dooku's or if his telekinesis is more prominent than Vader's. Holy shitness. You're Tangible God!

I thought you were Crimzon on account of the Joker avatar.

Speaking of which, apparently Colin Farrell, Jude Jaw, and Johnny Depp donates their salaries from Ledger's last movie to his daughter, since his will hadn't been updated to include her. How nice.

Tangible God
Originally posted by Faunus
Holy shitness. You're Tangible God!

I thought you were Crimzon on account of the Joker avatar.

Speaking of which, apparently Colin Farrell, Jude Jaw, and Johnny Depp donates their salaries from Ledger's last movie to his daughter, since his will hadn't been updated to include her. How nice. Lol, that was random. I don't know whether to feel insulted or complimented.

Enyalus
If God was tangible, I'd molest Her...so watch out.

Faunus
Originally posted by Tangible God
Lol, that was random. I don't know whether to feel insulted or complimented.As far as the quality of your posts is concerned, complimented. Crimzon's a smart guy.

I just wanted to share how blindsided I was by that revelation. God.

Master Crimzon
I feel all warm and fuzzy inside now.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.