Jack Hawksmoor vs Darkness

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Endrict Nuul
Fight in NYC on a dark stormy night.

Who wins?

jalek moye
couldnt the darkness just start destroying shit to injure him?

DigiMark007
Originally posted by jalek moye
couldnt the darkness just start destroying shit to injure him?

Catastrophic injury to cities affects Jack, but he himself has destroyed entire blocks worth of city in order to attack a foe, with no ill affects to himself. Darkness would need to disintegrate entire sections of town before it produced a tangible affect, unless he could target Jack himself before he merges with the city.

I don't know enough about Darkness to comment on the fight, but I wanted to clear that up.

jalek moye
once he merges with the city can he still be injured if attacked directly?

Charlotte DeBel
Originally posted by jalek moye
once he merges with the city can he still be injured if attacked directly?

Provided than in merged state he didn't have a physical body- it becomes one with the city, and no Darkness construct has comparable size of a "city golem" created from NYS- then I don't see Darkness doing much.

DigiMark007
Charlotte might be embellishing a bit. IIRC, we've never seen him lose his physical form when merged with teh city. By all rights, he retains his normal body, he can just travel through the city freely.

Charlotte DeBel
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Charlotte might be embellishing a bit. IIRC, we've never seen him lose his physical form when merged with teh city. By all rights, he retains his normal body, he can just travel through the city freely.

You're right, colleague, that's "pseudophasing", but still difficult for Darkness to locate.

jalek moye
not too diffucult sense the entire city would be filled with all types of darklings looking for him along with darkness flying around. He'll find him.

any one have any scans of Jack doing any impressive offense wise against a powerful foe

DigiMark007
Yeah, they're in the respect thread. Plenty of them. That'll be where you want to check.

And the problem with your beasties is that Jack can literally mold the city around him (or vice-versa, depending on how we think of it). There's not really going to be space for stuff to attack him directly when he's, say, in the center of a million-ton block of concrete.

Not saying Darkness can't win. I really don't know his capabilities. And Jack's rarely written at peak, mainly because to do his more impressive stuff he'd be killing thousands of innocent people in cities. But take the handcuffs off and he's really a tricky foe to take down in a large city...you basically have to be capable of destroying the entire thing, while retaining enough defense to prevent skyscrapers from burying you and such.

Ambient
Providing Darkness can locate the opponent in the city via tp (his done so in 2 occasions) or the use of his minions. He can then absorb a big portion, a town size where the point of origin is where Jack's body resides is at that moment unto the darkness.. Kinda like the scan's below.. This the only way i can see him beat Jack, otherwise its a stalemate till lights out..

http://img184.imageshack.us/my.php?image=thedarkness22p16rc6.jpg
http://img184.imageshack.us/my.php?image=thedarkness22p17ma0.jpg
http://img278.imageshack.us/my.php?image=thedarkness22p18p19ls0.jpg

llagrok
Karmester loses.

DigiMark007
Impressive stuff. Only caveat is that I'm guessing the town of Wyrmwood can't hold a candle to NYC. Still, they're both fairly powerful.

Scoobless
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Impressive stuff. Only caveat is that I'm guessing the town of Wyrmwood can't hold a candle to NYC. Still, they're both fairly powerful.

Wyrmwood was actually created from the Darkness though, NYC wasn't.

Jackie can, however, create monsters of any size he wants ... conceivably the only limit to the size of a darkling he can create depends on how tall it can get without being exposed to an intense light source, such as the sun.

Still an interesting fight ... though once he works it out I have no doubt Hawksmoor could turn every light in the city onto Estacado.

Lights on = lights out.

Estacado
Originally posted by Scoobless
Wyrmwood was actually created from the Darkness though, NYC wasn't.

Jackie can, however, create monsters of any size he wants ... conceivably the only limit to the size of a darkling he can create depends on how tall it can get without being exposed to an intense light source, such as the sun.

Still an interesting fight ... though once he works it out I have no doubt Hawksmoor could turn every light in the city onto Estacado.

Lights on = lights out.
Light doesn't effect him......uhuh

Scoobless
Originally posted by Estacado
Light doesn't effect him......uhuh

It does in the comics I've read.

jalek moye
yea it does it weakens him but not to the point where he'll be out of the fight

Estacado
Originally posted by Scoobless
It does in the comics I've read.
In vol 2 he tried to contain the darkness by turning every light in the room after he fell asleep he still killed a chick without knowing though that time he had no control over his powers...

Holly and sun ,normal doesn't...

Also where there is light there's a shadow......
http://img269.imageshack.us/my.php?image=thedarkness18p21iz6.jpg

Batman needed a special light to weaken Jackie....
http://img240.imageshack.us/my.php?image=batmandarkness32jh2.jpg

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.