Last Survivors: The Beginning

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Just Jacob
"Sergeant Book, you have been found guilty of murder in the first degree. You have been sentenced to death by lethal injection for the murders of three men and two women. You may make a testimony if you wish." Jacob stood up from his chair and stared the judge right in his eyes. "Sir, I did not murder those people. It was strictly in self defense." The judge stared darly back at him. "We have denied your defen-" The judge was kocked onto his back by a crazed man. The continued to beat at the judge until the Baliff forced him off. Jacob took his chance to run and headed for the front door. When he passed by the metal detector, he quickly scooped up his sidearm and backpack. The guard was about to stop him, but was cut off by two crazed people attacking him. Jacob ran to the street and ducked into his Humvee. It was a standard issue from back in the Desert Storm days, and was completely authentic except for the missing .50 Calibur machine gun on top. He changed into his Marine Fatigues and looked back out into the street.

Mandos
William came across the glaze of a marine looking man.

''Hey, what's up?''

Just Jacob
Jacob looked across to William and then at a charging infected and pulled the trigger. The infected flew backwards and hit the ground, wounded, but not dead. Jacob fired two more times, and finally reholstered his gun. "Get out of here while you still have a chance!"

Mandos
William looked at the corpse.

''Oh, I'm planning to get out of there allright. But what about you?'' hje asked full of curiosity''.

''It's a nice place to take a vacation isn't it?''

android217
Derek covered his face with his hands. He was sitting in his car with the radio set to low. Earlier today, on the way to the bank, Derek had hit a crazed man with his car. The windshield was badly cracked and covered with blood. Luckily he managed to slip the body into his trunk and drive into a nearby parking garage. From there he planned to ditch the car and get a new one. Suddenly a noise came from the trunk, causing Derek to raise his head in alarm.
He stepped out of the car and cautiously stepped towards the trunk. By now the whole car was shaking violently. Dents started to appear in the trunk. The lock on suddenly broke. Derek reached his hand inside his jacket and gripped onto his 1911.

With a sudden force, the man broke out of the trunk and screamed into the air. He looked at Derek and snarled. Derek stared back for a moment before pulling out his 1911. With brief hesitation he fired a round into his chest. The crazed man fell back into the trunk and was silent. Derek stared into the trunk, waiting for another surprise like the last one. When nothing happened, he stepped closer to the trunk. The crazed man popped out again, causing Derek to empty his entire clip into his body. Almost in an instant, Derek ran towards the door of his car to grab the supplies he had left in his car.

"I've got to get the f@ck out of here," He muttered aloud. All he had with him was a backpack and a few clips for his pistol. "Better stop by the fort to pick up my other sh!t." (fort being apartment) He didn't wait for the body to get back up. Within twenty minutes he had a car ready to leave the garage.

jalek moye
Jalek turned off the tv in his apartment and began strapping on all his gear. He had just saw an anouncment on the news about a virus that rendered people in a zombie like state and cuzed them to violently kill those they find. He slowly pulled blind down so he could see outside; he saw the outside of the apartment complex empty. Using this opening he slowly walked outside shutting the door behind him.

As he walked past the other apratments he could see infected people banging at the windows trying to get out to him. As Jalek neared the last one he noticed the door was opened, he heard faint noises so he ventured in. As soon as he walked in man ran at him shreiking, the man grabbed his shoulders tried to bite down on his shoulder. Jalek lifted his arm causing the spiked arm guard to get in the way, and looked deep into the crazed mans hallowed eyes. Seeing no other way out he he thrust his right foot into the mans knee causing his leg to buckle and his hands to fall. Taking a step further Jalek twisted his body slightly delivering an uppercut to the man's chin; reacting quickly to the situation his grasped the handle of the tomahawk on his left thigh and in one fluid motion pulled it out and hurled it into the man's forehead. The crazed man hit the ground with a hard thud, and at that instance Jalek's foot stomped hard unto the mans throat as he reached down to yank out the bloodied tomahawk.

Jalek then walked out of the door and began walking aimlessly down the road hoping to see other uninfected people doing the same.

Just Jacob
"Get over here!" Jacob turned and fired his sidearm into more oncoming infected. He slid down against the humvee, and loaded another clip into his weapon. Pushing himself up against the humvee, he twisted around and resumed fire. The slide of the gun slammed back and he threw it into the passenger seat of the Humvee and grabbed his M16 out of the back. Now facing a large force of infected, he opened up into the crowd.

Mandos
William just had time to grab hold of the car. He planted a katana for stability on the roof.

''Let's puit it on the double'' he screamed.

Mando' Ade
daren typed aimlessly on his keyboard, trying to remember his password, whenhe heard a banging on the door. at first he thought it was just his landlord, but then the banging got louder and he realized about the time the door began grackiling as the wood broke that it was not. he grabbed his paintball gun and walked to the door, putting on the chain and opening it. as soon as it was cracked open it slammed forward as a crazed woman, about 20, tried to force her way in. daren fired at her face, probably gouging her eyes out and bruising her face. he ran back and grabbed his gear. he shot the woman in the face and opened the door fully. he noticed jalek come out of one of the upper level apartments. "hey jalek, do you know whats goin on?!" he caught up to jalek inthe street. "cause i was nearly killed." daren pulled out his instinct phone and dialed his friends number in. "cmon jacob, pick up."

Just Jacob
Jacob pulled himself in the humvee and fired out of the window as his cell phone started to ring. He fumbled to grab it, almost dropping it, but was able to open the phone. "Daren? What the hell is going on here!?" Jacob started the engine and motioned for William to get into the passenger seat.

Mando' Ade
"yeah, i dont know. i was on the computer, doing my job, when some woman tries to break in and kill me. now me and jalek are walking down shepard street looking for help. whats new with you?" he looked at jalek, realizing he had blood on his gauntlets and his blade.

jalek moye
Jalek stopped for a moment turned to face Daren.

Jalek: well i killed a zombie like guy, and now im walking aimlessly

He then put his hand to his chin and began to size up Deran in his mind. Jalek then let out a loud sigh as he lowered his head

Jalek: What do you have a paintball gun for?

android217
The '68 bronco swerved out into the street. Most of the other cars in the street were broken down, crashed, or completely ripped apart by the infected. Derek managed to swerve around most, but a few times he'd grind up against one. He knew he was attracting lots of attention, so Derek floored it. The old car wouldn't get far as it was almost out of gas.
Suddenly a fiery car crashed in front of him, causing Derek to attempt to swerve out of the way. Unfortunately Derek couldn't control the car after the swerve, and it started to roll onto its side.

Derek laid half stunned by the crash. An infected started to pound at the driver's side door and eventually ripped it open. After a moment, Derek fired his pistol into the infected face. The infected flew back and started to shake violently. Derek unbuckled his seatbelt and fell to the top of the car. With his new view of the back seat, Derek found a hunting rifle hanging from its strap on the back seats. He reached for it and eventually pulled it down.

Mandos
William got into the passenger seat , putting back his sword in its sheath.

''We're lucky I got out of iaido practice, but my snipers at home, down Serenity street''.

Ayáme Tetskomi
Ayame stood infront of the principle as he began to explain the code of conduct to her and how her little brother might not be to those expectations. Behind her stood a parent with their child, the child kept coughing and hacking. Ayame finally looked down at the child and noticed he was one of the infected. When the principle saw the child he panicked and screamed. When everyone else noticed as well they did the same, "No youve got to calm down!" it was too late, the child was going after whoever it could get to. Ayame grabbed her brother and ran out of the school. There were crowds of people all running amuk in the city. Ayame began to run with her brother when she lost grip of his hand, "Gregory!" she screamed. She tried to run back, she was determined not to lose him to anything, "GREORY!!!" she screamed. just up the road she saw Jacope, Daren, and William just down the street. She turned her attention off them and kept looking for any sighns of her brother. "Greg..."

Mandos
''Ayame, what's going on? Why are you screaming like that?'' William yelled, running in her direction.

android217
Derek slowly crawled out of the car with the rifle slung around his back. As he stood up and sudden pain filled his foot. He looked down to see a large shard of glass in his foot.
Derek pulled the glass out of his foot slowly. After he did, he looked up to see large groups of people being terrorized by infected. Before getting himself killed, Derek limped away to a nearby video store. The manager had locked himself inside. Derek started to hit the glass and begging for him to be let in.

The manager refused, so Derek held his gun up to the window. Before firing into the glass, the manager reluctantly unlocked the door in an attempt to let Derek in. As soon as the door opened, Derek fired his 1911 into the manager's chest, killing him instantly.
"Sorry. We don't have enough food for two." Quickly Derek closed the door and locked it, with the manger's key still in it. As soon as he did, a large group of infected ran up to the glass and started to pound on it. Short on time, Derek started to collect the foodstuffs inside the store.

Mandos
With fast moving, William grabbed Ayame, and even in her struggle, he did not let her go. He dragged her all the way to the car, then forcing her to go inside and closed the door.

''I'm sorry Ayame, it's too late now.

As infected charged the car, William made a sign at Jacob to start the care. Backing of slowly, the katana cuttin gthe head of the infected advancing, making sure no blood touched him whatsoever, finally got back in the car next to Ayame.

''We should go to my house first, and grab my sniper. We'll be better of with it.''

Turning one last time to Ayame.

''I'm so sorry. I've seen your brother get killed''.

Jedireaper
"Shore leave." Bob sighed as the motor boat pulled up on the quay-side. "Finally, a McDonalds and an actual bed for a few nights." He nodded to the boat pilot and stepped off, case in hand. "See you later Johnny." He saluted and began walking for the street and the city, people were running about. "Well, this is busier than New York." He said to himself, resting a hand on his pistol as he walked. Bob noticed that some of the people he passed were somewhat disfigured, several jumped on another person. So far he'd been ignored. He hurried on, unclipping his pistols holster as he rounded and corner finding him on a street, deserted. 'A festival perhaps? or a Riot?' He stepped into a shop to ask but as he walked in the shop keeper leaped out. "What th- ****!" He grabbed the crazed man, dropping his case and rolled back, chucking him into the street. "Whoa, whats going on mate?" He side stepped another lunge as the man furiously tried to grab him, madness in his eyes. He delivered a punch to the man's stomach. "Cool off!" Bob took out his pistol, the man hissed. To be contined...

Just Jacob
Jacob waited for the others to get into the vehicle, as his radio went off. "Archangel Zero-Six, Delta-Whiskey is under heavy assault. Report back to base, and retrieve all other Marines on the way. Command out." Jacob couldn't wait any longer and put the Humvee into drive. "I'll bring back help!" Jacob started down the road, purposely hitting every infected person he could to give the others as much assistance as possible.

jalek moye
Jalek continued his walk down the road with Daren behind him, the road seemed oddly vacant except for a few faint screams in the distance. Then as they turned the corner they saw what looked like hundreds of infected walking around. As he walked he accidently kicked a soda can that someone had left on the street, which in turn alerted all of them. Relizing that he couldnt fight he motioned for deran to run and took off.

He whipped out his tomahawk from his left thigh incase any got close and ran for a couple blocks till walked into another group of infected. Too tired to run much longer he put his tomahawk back on his thigh and with his right arm pulled the machete from his lower back and held it preparing for any that got close. As the began running towards him all of a sudden there heads turned and they hissed, then out of know where he saw headlights and humvee pulled into view hitting any infected in the way. The veihicle was head straight towards him so with he thrust his right foot into a infected chest to push it away, and began waving his hands yelling "STTOPPPPPPP!, i'M NOT INFECTED"

Ayáme Tetskomi
ayame sat in the car quietly,"he can't be..." she mumbled over and over again. She was in another world, shocked that her brother could even be dead, "no... he's gotta be ok... he has to, he's like me he's strong.... gregory can't be..." she kept mummbling over and over again.

Mandos
William passed an arm arround her.

''He was great, Ayame, but everyone can fall... we will make things right again, for his sake''.

Just Jacob
Jacob slammed on the breaks and almost took out Jalek. The Humvee shuttered to a stop and Jacob opened the back door. "Get in quick." Jacob watched the road and spotted the large group of infected ahead of them. "Detour anyone?"

Ayáme Tetskomi
Ayame snapped out of her dazed phase and looked to her right, " there Jacope, it's the only way..." she said pointing to her right. There were very few infected and she knew they would have a better chance going to their right. She looked up at William, "He's not dead and I will find him. If I find him dead then I will take out these infected even if it costs my life. I worked to hard to get him out of my parents care for this to happen." she said.

jalek moye
Jalek looked around at all the people in the car. He sized up everyone and examined there weaponary, he then reached out and taped ayame on the shoulder "So, what weapons you packin"

As he spoke his head tilted to the side in confusion

Just Jacob
Jacob stepped on it and fled to the right. "When we get to the outpost..... let me do the talking. He pulled the hammer of his assault rifle and looked at the cartridge.

jalek moye
Jalek raised his right eyebrow while small smirk appeared on his face.

Jalek:Where exactly are we going anyway

Jedireaper
As the crazed man tried to attack him again he pulled the trigger. The blast of the gun rang his ears as the mans brains splattered across the shop window, blood splattered his Navy uniform and Bob grimaced, then he heard the schreeching of breaks and as the mans body hit the floor he looked out the blood spattered window to see the HMV schreech along the street. He decided- when in rome -to grab a box of snicker bars a bottle of coke, a bag and picked up his case. He walked outside.

Ayáme Tetskomi
Ayame looked over at Jalek then looked infront of her, " an assult rifle and a katana, there any problem with it?" she asked. She looked over at Jacope, "Whats the plan?" she asked him.

jalek moye
jalek let out loud chuckle then smiled as he turned his head to face ayame.

Jalek: No problem, just making sure we werent carrying dead weight

He then put his hands behind his head and looked at the roof off the car while faintly smiling.

Just Jacob
"My plan is to get out of here as fast as possible. I have no idea about you guys. I've got a few friends off the coast on an aircraft carrier, so that's where I am heading." Jacob slammed on his breaks and looked at Bob.

Ayáme Tetskomi
"im a mechanic, what do you expect? you know me better than that Jalek. sure when i was younger i was weak but ive changed since then." she replied to him. She rolled her eyes, "men..." she mummbled.

jalek moye
A faint growling noise was heard all of a sudden, it Jalek's stomach.

As he softly rubbed his rumbling belly he said "Hey how bout we stop for some quick supplies up at that store at the end of the street all we gotta do is leave the car so that it blocks the entrance so no infected can follow us" he leaned forward and pointed at the shop he was refering to.

Ayáme Tetskomi
Ayame looked over at Jacope,"he's got a point, but what if there is already infected in the store?" Ayame sighed, "we cant take that chance." she said.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Gregory laid limply agianst the wall of the school building, he had expected to be dead or out of his mind by now but he wasn't. "Ayame? sis? Aya? Where the hell did she go?" Gregory got up. "Great... just when I was starting to get used to living with my sis here things blow out of porportion, what a f*cking joke." Gregory sighed, " All I can do now is at least try to find her, if not then I'll have to find my own way out, I just hope they didn't get her.." he said as he got up and started to walk down the raod. He kept his right hand on his AK-47 and kept his eyes and ears open.

Jedireaper
Bob flagged them down. "Soldier, whats going on?" Bob asked as he got up to the window.

Jedireaper
I just came out of shop.))

Just Jacob
"Not sure. Get in the vehicle, we're heading for the main station." Jacob revved the engine and watched as some of the infected sprinted around a corner.

jalek moye
Jalek: awww man so we dont get to stop at the store

jalek let out a sigh and quickly put his head down.

Just Jacob
"You want to be stuck in the city when the military closes their gates?"

jalek moye
"fine" He rolled his eyes as he put the side of head onto his left palm.

Ayáme Tetskomi
"why is it i have a feeling this is not going to end good?" Ayame asked.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
~

Gregory Reached one of the gates, he walked up to an officer, "excuse me, has a woman with red hair been here?" he asked when the gaurd shook his head he sighed, "when will you be closing the gates?" he asked. the gaurd looked irritated and didnt answer him, "F*CK!"

jalek moye
Jalek quickly turned his head to ayame and said with a annoyed tone "what do you mean by that"

Ayáme Tetskomi
Ayame cut her eyes at Jalek, "I just have this bad feeling is all, but if you dont want me voicing my opinoins then I wont." she replied back with the same tone.

jalek moye
"You can voice your oppinions all you want" Jalek said to her as looked away.

"man im hella bored in here, ther better be something to do when we get to the base" jalek reach down and pulled out one of his tomahawks and began swinging it around in the air infront of his seat.

Ayáme Tetskomi
Ayame sighed as she looked out the window. gregory where the hell are you? i know your still alive... somewhere out there...

Jedireaper
Bob gets into the HMV. "You want food, heres and entire box of snicker bars."

Just Jacob
A soldier came sprinting out of a back alley, being chased by a large number of infected. Instinctively, Jacob pushed himself out of the Humvee and rolled out onto the street. The soldier reached him and spun around firing his assault rifle in unison with Jacob. "All of you get out of here! We'll do our jobs and make sure that you all get out of here safely. DRIVE!" Jacob and the soldier started to move in the opposite direction of the Humvee drawing as much attention as he could.

jalek moye
jalek kicked open the car door and jumped. He put his right hand behind his shoulder and unsheathed his bastard sword and put it in front of him placing his left hand on the hilt aswell.

"**** that" he yelled while running forward, once he reach jacob and the soilder he quickly said "you guiys keep shooting i'll take care of the stragglers"

He charged forward towards and infected and thrust his bastard directly through its stomach, as soon as it penetrated his thrust it off of the sowrd by pushing his left leg against the infected chest. As soon as he pulled the sword out he spun the blade slighlty above his head to the left and diagonally downwards; slicing off another infected arm. Folowing up his sword swing he he pulled the sword towards him and used his right arm to elbow the thign across its advancing face. The infected let out a loud hiss, and Jalek turned all the way around and swiftly thrusted his sword back in an upwards position, forcing the blade through its throat. As He pulled the sword out he could feel the blood splash unto his arms and back, and once he tunred around he see most of the blade was dripping with blood of the infected. He quickly slung his sword at the ground throwing most of the loose blood off of the blade.

Jedireaper
"Bloody hell!" Bob removed his pistol, started blasting infected as he quickly took the drivers seat.

jalek moye
Jalek stoped for a second and looked back, cuping his hand around his mouth he quickly let out a shout to the car "Where you guys gonna drive to"

Jedireaper
"McDonalds!" Bob shouted back as he sighted an infected behind Jelek and squeezed the trigger of his pistol, releasing a few rounds. "Can't wait all day!"

Just Jacob
"Get out of here! You have a perfect chance to make it to the base!" Jacob and the other soldier bunkered down in an alley, and took what shots that they could.

jalek moye
Jalek step forward in the diagonaly direction and swung his sword in a slanted angle to the right decapating one of the infected; as the head began falling towards the pavement Jalek took another step and moved his left leg forward punting the head into a nearby building. "Do you need me to come with you" He shouted to jacob, as he flung some more loose blood off of the blade of his large sword.

android217
The glass had shattered shortly after Derek had locked the doors. He had managed to grab 3 bottles of water, a coke, and four boxes of candy. After Derek had gotten his supplies, he checked for a back exit, and was highly frightened when he didn't find one. All Derek could find was a locked door leading to the second floor of the store.
"Well there's gotta be someway to get on the roof from there." Derek opened the door and quickly went up the stairs, knocking over everything that could stop the infected.

Derek found a window that he could climb out and get to the roof. As he climbed out he felt an infected grab at his leg, scratching his ankle. He kicked it in the face and climbed onto the roof.

Jedireaper
"I may be in the military, but I'm not US military, son, your the one who knows where the base is... I came from the HMS Brighton, a battleship docked in the harbour, not some base sonny."

Just Jacob
Jacob and the soldier moved to where Jalek was and started to provide him cover as well. "We aren't going anywhere. We are going to back track to the base, to get these guys off your back!" Two infected tackled Jacob to the ground and he quickly kicked one of them off, just as the other soldier stabbed into it's head with a knife. It looked as if all was lost, just three more humvee came down the road and cenetered their sights of the mob. "All survivors, if you are not infected, please make your way to the humvee now!"

Mando' Ade
i cant be on for a while, im giving permission for you to use my char until i get backjust dont kill him.

jalek moye
Jalek Thrust his sword into an infecteds throat, then turned his body slighty to the left back kicked another in the face. Seeing the humvee and hearing the man, he quickly elbowed one that was next to him and began sprinining towards the the humvee. Once he reached there he was out of breath but said "What do you need"

android217
Derek crawled slowly up the roof as the sound of more and more infected attempted to crawl up the roof. When they got close, he fired a round into their face, and they'd fall to the ground. Once he got to the top, he stood up and started to run to the edge of the building. From there he jumped to the next building and landed on his scratched leg. Jason flipped onto his back and saw an infected jumping at him. He shot three rounds into it, and its body landed on top of him.
Blood pored onto him as it landed on him. Jason pushed the body to the side and ran.

Ayáme Tetskomi
Ayame had just sat through a whole battle like an idiot,"what the hell was that?" she asked. The infected were still coming,"Okay that is it..." she took her assult rifle from her back and aimed it for an infected infront of her. she shot it then another came towards her, she took her katana and cut it in half, suddenly Ayame was surrounded, "sh*t... " BOOM!!!!! Ayame froze as the blood of all the infected around her fell upon her body. Her eyes were widened and she couldn't believe them. "C'mon sis, you kno better than that. Your alot stronger and smarter."
"Gr-Gregory? your alive?" Gregory dissappeared and she looked down at her hands. It was a mirage, apparently she had just slayed all the infected around her and she was now standing next to Jacope. "Wha-?"

Jedireaper

Just Jacob
Jacob laid cover fire as the other marines started to gather the others up. "What are standing orders!?", Jacob shouted over the gub fure. A marine popped up and yelled back. "Get all survivors back to base!" Jacob sighed and pushed back towards the Humvee. "Ayame, this way!"

Mando' Ade
lets just pretend he was there the whole time.)) david busted open the trunk of the humvee, gasping for air. he fell out the back and grabbed his m4. "man its hot in there." he staggered up and planted an infected in the face with the butt of his rifle. he then pulled out his paintball gun and onehanded his way to jacob, blinding infected as he weant. "this is really too easy."

Just Jacob
"Everyone! Form up on me!" Jacob fired on the ever increasing number of infected.

Jedireaper
(think I'll wait till Hazmat...)

Wavemaninawe
Ty hadn't paid much attention to the noise outside at first. Friday nights could get a bit rowdy and he had long since gotten used to it. They were located in the outskirts of town where police presence was a bit sparse. Ty knew that an inner city address would cost bloody murder if you were opening up shop but he had hoped that Zaman would have chosen a somewhat more attractive spot. Since 'Zam' had a good 25 years more life experience than the rest of the crew, Tyrone was surprised that the old man wasn't pickier. Still, the restaurant had very good reputation for it's food and was frequented by many locals. For that reason the neighborhood ruffians would leave it intact. Which was fortunate because neither Zaman, Tyrone or any of the others running the place made enough money to afford extensive repairs.

The sound of the first gunshot hit Ty like an electric shock. Before he even realized it, he had dropped the onions he was cutting and was already halfway towards the front door and the street with the kitchen knife in a reverse grip. By the time Ty reached the dining room, he met with a view of total chaos. The street outside looked like a battle ground or the scene of a riot. The guests inside were obviously frightened.

The staff were trying their best to calm their guests, Zaman was on the phone trying to get hold of police. Ty felt a bit stupid standing in the dining area holding a huge kitchen knife in plain view. He put it down behind the counter and went to activate the switch by the door, which would close the iron curtain outside. "Just a safety precaution people. It's probably best for everyone to stay inside until we get a clear idea of what's going on". Tyrone had only touched the switch when Alana, another restaurant worker yelled for him to "watch out!". Ty turned his head towards the street just in time to see a man come running straight at him, through the plate glass door and crash into him, sending them both tumbling to the floor in a shower of glass shards.

The man was a maniac and would probably have ripped Tyrone's throat with is teeth if Ty hadn't managed to get a hold of his face soon enough. With the attacker's head still in a death grip, Ty braced one foot against the floor and pushed, rolling himself on top while frantically hammering elbows against the man's face. Ty wasn't sure but for a moment he thought he saw something extremely odd about the attacker's eyes before they were covered in blood.

Ty had only gotten up to his knees and was about to apply a control hold on the attacker when Zaman pulled him to his feet and dragged him away from the entrance. "we have to go. Quickly, to the back door." Zaman grabbed a baseball bat he kept hidden behind the counter for defense and then led the disoriented Tyrone and a few stragglers down a basement staircase. The door closed and locked behind them just as the dining room was flooded by rioters. The staff started to gather their belongings from their lockers. Despite the madness of the situation, Tyrone still had the presence of mind to clear clothes out of his back pack and replace them with things nearby that he suspected would become useful. Some guests had found the emergency exit and many were already rushing out of it in blind panic. Unfortunately, this also allowed more crazies to get in.

The cornered group was frantically fighting against a shrieking howling mob that seemed barely human. Ty watched dining guests get absorbed into the mass of attackers like in a slow motion sports re-run. As much as he wanted to help, he was busy enough beating back the attackers that found their way to him. To his horror his friends were also starting to fall, one by one. Seeing that the battle was lost, Zaman threw his bat towards Tyrone. "Take this, get Alana and go. I'll give you the head start you need." Ty realized right away what the old man meant and scrambled to grab him but Zam was too far away. By the time, Ty had disabled his current opponent, Zam had already charged straight into the mob and knocked down most of them. In the narrow passage of the locker room / corridor, this move was just enough to topple over the disorganized group like dominoes. Ty would hate himself for it later but at that moment he was driven enough by survival instinct to do the only thing sensible. Like Zaman had demanded, Ty grabbed hold of Alana's arm and sprinted to freedom over the writhing bodies of his unknown enemies and his dear friend.

Zaman's screams would haunt Tyrone for the rest of his life.

Mando' Ade
daren out away his paintball tagger and pulled out his m4. he ran next to jacob and crouched next to him, firing bursts off at the enemy. "hey j, if you had to say, which one do you think is worse? this or iraq?"

Just Jacob
"This, because at least here, little kids aren't putting grenades in my boots when I'm not looking." Jacob turned and fired into an oncoming infected. A shimmer came from the roof of a nearby building, and a man descended from a rappel line. "Push forward!" Three men followed directly behind him and croched down on the opposite side of the street as Jacob and the others. Devin moved his hand up and extended two finger up and then out, then down. Jacob and the other soldier nodded. On the last count, Jacob and the soldier leaned forward and sprayed the area while the other four leapt up and ran behind a parked car. When Jacob and the other soldier went down, the four stood and opened fire as Jacob ran forward.

Mando' Ade
david followed close behind, firing behind him as infected began filling up empty space. "ayame, jalek, lets go!"

Jedireaper
Bob emptied his clip into the crowd, wasting many infected. He moved towards the marines. "Lets go!!"

Wavemaninawe
Tyrone was bruised, sore and bloody but alive. His forearms had a collection of shallow cuts from the glass and scratches from fighting the crazies. He picked a bad day to wear short sleeves.

Alana had looked worse even though she had still been up and running. As brave and fierce as she was, she lacked Ty's fighting skill and had taken a heavier beating. By the time they got out of the restaurant she had been covered by wounds... some of them were bites. Ty wanted to get her medical attention but Alana had protested. The nearest hospital was too far to reach safely on foot, the emergency hotline was overwhelmed by calls and public transportation was all shot to hell. Besides, the streets were still swarming with people, some of them were crazies. Even driving would have been a great risk at this point.

After some arguing Ty had given in. Instead they had opted for hiding until the chaos settled. Ty had managed to get some gear from the restaurant, including food as well as a screwdriver and hammer. It wasn't a very refined or stylish way to break into a house but it worked. They had barricaded the doors and windows and tried to tend to their injuries as best they could. Ty got worried when he noticed that Alana seemed to have a fever. Alana passed it off as being the summer heat and told Ty to stop his complaining because it made him sound like and old woman. If Ty had known about the infection at that point he would have tried to rush Alana to the hospital despite the risks.

From listening to the radio, they had learned of the evacuation even though they didn't get much details. Since they were already close to the end of town they first decided to wait until dawn to move. Hoping that things would calm down a bit. A few hours later when Alana's fever increased and she collapsed, Ty got really alarmed and decided to go outside to steal a car. The plan had been to stay hidden until the crisis was over but his friend might not live to see the next day. Ty had put Alana on a couch to rest and gathered a few more supplies from the house. He was just about to remove the things blocking the front door when he heard something resembling an animal growl but still disturbingly human. His second warning was the rapid beating of feet against floor as somebody started to run towards him. Tyrone spun around and slammed his right forearm into the attacker's throat while using his left hand to grab the person's right arm. A standard practiced move since most people are right handed and would hold a weapon in their right hand.

Ty had already built up speed and rammed his attacker into the closest wall before he realized that it was Alana. their faces were only a few centimeters (ok, inches) apart. The look in her eyes brought back the memory of the man in the restaurant. Whatever there had once been there that was Alana was now gone. His friend was replaced by total feral madness. Her bloodshot eyes looked like they were about to come out of her skull. As if even her eyes were trying to kill him. She was incredibly strong, almost as strong as the crazies at the restaurant and now Ty didn't have the benefit of an adrenalin rush. It was also difficult to hold her without harming her. Still, Alana was pinned to the wall by her throat so nearly all her leverage was gone. Ty tried desperately to talk to Alana, to reason and get through to her but got nothing back but spittle and constricted shrieks.

Ty didn't know how long he was stuck like that but eventually he accepted what he had to do. It was difficult to reach the folding knife since it was in the opposite pocket but eventually he got it. Ty hesitated for a final moment, looked away from Alana's face, looked back at it and then drove the blade into her heart. Twisted it to do maximal damage. Death was quick and Ty hoped that Alana didn't have to suffer. He held her propped up against the wall until all light had finally drained from her eyes. Tyrone's last friend died by his own hands and a part of himself died with her.

Ty gathered what he could carry and climbed out a window. He couldn't stay in the same house as Alana's body for even an hour longer. He came across a crashed police cruiser a few blocks further down. The car was useless but it contained a 2-way radio. Ty grabbed it began to walk.

Jedireaper
You mean talk?))

Ayáme Tetskomi
Ayame was agian surrounded by many of the infected, "ok im getting sick and tired of this shit." She took her two katanas and cut a path through the infected and reached Jacob and david. "sorry i was busy at the moment you kno." she said to david. Her eyes scanned the masses and she stopped dead. "sis! sis!" it was a faint cry but she knew it was his...

Gregory could see his sister, "SIS!!!" he screamed. He aimed his M-40 at the advancing infected and ran through the hol;e he made. He shot another path through the infected and he ran even closer to his sister. "Aya!!!!" he yelled.

Just Jacob
"Everyone into the Humvees, now!" Jacob yelled aggrivatedly and hoarsly. "Anyone who doesn't is getting left out here!" Jacob ducked down with the other soldiers and sprayed the oncoming infected. "MOVE!"

Ayáme Tetskomi
Gregory coughed, "sis!" he shouted. Ayame had to think quickly, she looked at the humvee then at he brother. She narrowed her eyes and went after Gregory. she grabbed Gregory by his fore arm and dragged him, "sis..." he said weakly. She threw him into the humvee and jumped in after him, 'Let's go!!!" she shouted as she fired her brothers M-40 at the on coming infected.

Wavemaninawe
Ty had been thinking quite a lot about this whole virus theory that had been mentioned in the broadcasts. How long had it taken for Alana to get affected? How much blood had he gotten on him while fighting? Against the glass door guy? In the basement? Against Alana? Had any of it gotten into his wounds? Ty managed to keep his mind off the matter by constantly scouting the terrain, even when there were no crazies to be seen or heard. "Normal people can be even more dangerous..."

Surprisingly, the main streets proved to be safest route since everyone around him was too busy either looting, fighting against or running from crazies to notice him. The crazies themselves were still loners or in small groups... easy to spot from a distance too. He had only had two encounters so far and they had been easy to put down with the bat... easier than Alana had been. Ty got a flashback of Alana, together with the rest of the gang from the restaurant. He quickly forced the faces out of his mind. "Focus, man... get your head together or you're dead".

There had been an increasing intensity of gunfire over the past hour but the randomness of the shots, combined with echoes and screams made it difficult to find it's source. Ty was sure that he was hearing full auto fire from time to time. Despite his limited knowledge of guns, he knew that fully automatic weapons generally meant either military or some kind of police special task force. Right now that was his best chance to reach the city limit alive.

Ty had doubts, he had been trying to call too many times to keep count but hadn't managed to get through to any of his family or his ex girlfriend. The cell phone grid was choked with traffic. Part of him felt that he should be moving in the opposite direction. Further into the city to look for them. But that would be suicide for sure. He had to convince himself over and over again that they were heading for the city limits too. "Have think like a survivor... don't get emotional, stay focused on the situation at hand".

A group was crossing the street 3 blocks ahead. Crazies, judging by their movement pattern. Ty counted 5 of them... too many to handle alone. He spotted a truck close to a low building and broke into a sprint. Judging by the screams, they had spotted him as well. Ty virtually flew up to the top of the truck. The building look uncomfortably far away and the crazies would reach the truck in any second. "phukk it!". Ty threw the bat onto the nearby roof, got a few steps to build up speed and jumped... it was too far. The back pack weighed him down. He crashed into the side of the building and caught onto the ledge with his hands. Knowing what was closing in below, Tyrone got the adrenaline boost needed and pulled himself over the ledge in a split second.

"It seems like those freaks are bad climbers... good., every little bit helps."

Mando' Ade
david, closed ayame's door and ran to the passenger seat. he closed his door and covered jacob and the other guy's as they all moved for the hmv. "hey, who's th kid?"

jalek moye
Jalek ran towards the Humveee slicing any infected that got to close, as he neared the door an infected grabbed his leg and pulled him down cuasing him to dropp his sword. He pushed the infected chest with his foot keeping it from his face, he then pulled the pants leg up and grabbed the knife strappped there and plunged it up through under the infected chin. Jalek pulled it back out and then grabbed his bastard and jumped in the humvee

Just Jacob
Jacob grabbed Bob and pushed him into a humvee and then he and the rest of the soldiers moved to the last humvee. All of the Humvee started and rumbled down the road towards the main military base. The base was being over run with infected and the soldiers that were fighting their way outside hit the comms. "We're all moving towards a safe house in the inner district of the city. The humvees instantly changed direction and followed a string of soldiers. All seemed well up until the side of the humvee that Jacob was in, was struck by another vehicle and thrown into the wall of a building. The other humvees drove until they reached their destination, and just looked back at the other's in the vehicle. "They're dead. No need to worry about them now."

Back at the crash, Jacob's breathing was slow and he was in shell shock. He saw one soldier sitting up and firing at the infected with his side arm. It was a useless battle as he was quickly overtaken. Jacob tried to move, but could not. All seemed lost until he saw Devin and another member of the Delta Unit crouch down and fire. Devin looked and Jacob and spoke in a thick Russian accent. "You are going to be ok, my friend!" Devin picked Jacob up and started to run towards the safe house.

Wavemaninawe
Ty could only move across 2 more roof tops before he was stuck. The next one was too high to reach. "Shit!" Even though he had crouched to keep out of view from the street, he had been visible while jumping between buildings. The crazies were still on his trail.

Ty ran to the other side of the roof and quickly scanned the street for solutions. A discarded bicycle that looked to be in working order... "it's worth a try". Ty jumped onto the roof of a still burning car to lessen the impact of his landing. The fire was a bit unsettling even though it had started to die down, but he wasn't wearing anything overly flammable so it was only a psychological threat.

Ty didn't know how clever the crazier were in their feral state, if they would immediately put things together and circle the building to come after him. He did however know that all the junk that was piled in the alley between buildings would slow them down.

The bicycle worked!

There came no noises from the alley. Ty backpedaled the bike a few meters and looked inside. Nothing... they hadn't figured out that he went over the other side. Ty smirked... "Stupid f***s". Ty got the pedals in motion and cruised down the street, swerving between bodies and various junk all while scanning the alleys the whole time.

Ayáme Tetskomi
Ayame held Gregory tight to her chest, "He's my little brother, i-i thought he was dead.... apparently hes immune to the infected." she told David.

Mando' Ade
david looked at greg for a momentand in a joking manner said to jalek, "i'm not changing no diapers. you'll have to do it." he turned around, laughing to himself.

Ayáme Tetskomi
"hey! I'm 17 I can take care of myself! no offense sis..." Gregory said. Ayame rolled her eyes, "What a time and place for a joke..."

Just Jacob
Jacob and Devin saw that the main gate to the safehouse was closing, and all the others had made it inside safely. They both broke out into a dead sprint. The ever expanding number of infected were right behind them both, almost matching their pace. Devin was the first to reach the gate, and he slammed his body up against the gate to make sure that it stayed open. A piercing whine came from the gears as it attempted to shut the gate with all it's might. Just as it succeeded, Jacob dove into the gate, and Devin rolled inside.

Mando' Ade
the loud slamming sound ended with a thump and squish as an infected caught one arm in the gate. the arm was chopped off easily, splattering blood over jacob and devin. daren sprinted out of the car, leaving his rifle in the seat. he helped devin up, then jacob. "cmon guys, tis' not over yet." he ran back to retrieve his rifle when he spotted something in the distance. a deformed infected was climbing over the high concrete walls of the base, and clutching o its back were 2 other infected. "oh, fuc# us."

Ayáme Tetskomi
Ayame aimed the M-40 at the two climbing over the high walls and shot them clear off of them. She reloaded her gun and holsted it on her shoulder. "Looks like they're smater than we think." She said.

Just Jacob
Jacob stood up and cocked his weapon. "Everyone! Take up a defensive in the house! We soldiers will stay out here and hold the wall until nightfall. Then we will discuss shifts!" Jacob clicked his assault rifle to single shot and took aim.

Ayáme Tetskomi
Ayame nodded, "Right." she replied as she grabbed Gregory by his arm. she ran into the house and waited for anyone else to come in.

Mando' Ade
ayame, you forgot about the one they were hanging on to. regulars cant climb high walls.))

daren opened up on the large one that had pulled up the other 2. apparently ayame had forgotten to hit it. he blasted it until its head exploded. a strange liquid goop came out of it as it squished to the ground." c'mon jalek!" he opened the door and laid down some covering fire as more of what he would come to nickname gushers climbed over the walls with regulars on their backs.

Ayáme Tetskomi
sorry lol))

Ayame held Gregory to her and watched Daren kill the thing that had held the regulars up, "What the hell is that thing?" she asked, terror in her voice. she had seen the regulars before but never anything like that.

Wavemaninawe
The gun shots were fading.

It seemed like the battle was moving away even though Tyrone kept moving towards the sound. Even with wheels Ty's pace was still relatively slow. The obstacles in the street made high speed pedaling a bad idea. It still beat walking though.

Ty cursed under his breath. The fact that the shooters were creating distance wasn't just frustrating, it was also very bad news. By the sound of things they had pretty impressive fire power. For them to be running would probably mean that they were up against staggering numbers. Numbers that Ty would somehow have to get past without guns or backup. Not that it mattered all that much... going back would be even worse.

"At least I have home turf advantage" Ty thought. "If the freaks are as dumb as they seem they might not remember the ins and outs of this neighborhood as well as I do. Still... that's a very big 'if'."

"Time to check into my one of my options."

Ty started moving again towards the sound of fading gun fire... knowing full well that it wouldn't be in the location broadcasted on the radio.

Shaggs
Jacob took a deep breath and pulled the hammer of his pistol back. He had run around the other side of the building to secure the position, and activate the emergency power. Though he succeeded in starting the generator, he had been jumped by a group of infected. Placing the gun to his temple, he held his breath and closed his eyes. His hand was shaking uncontrolably, but he didn't feel the change coming to him. "Maybe I am one of the lucky ones with the immunity.."

Mando' Ade
daren came around the corner, bashing in one of the infecteds heads before shooting 2 others. "need some help jake?!"

Ayáme Tetskomi
Gregory was right behind Daren and shot right past daren's head at some of the infected on Jacob. Ayame Watched Gregory in amazement, he seemed like he had no feelings at all about what he was doing... as if he knew exactly what he was doing and had an objective for doing it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.