"Classic New Warriors" Amazo vs Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

darthgoober
Amazo w/powers of...

Firestar
Marvel Boy
Namorita
Night Thrasher
Nova
Speedball
Silhouette
Rage
Darkhawk

vs

Superman

Scoobless
Superman ... fairly easily.

golem370
If Helix was in there it would make it more interesting

Helix- http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/helix.htm

darthgoober
Originally posted by Scoobless
Superman ... fairly easily.
How would Supes win easily? Amazo would have the combined durability of Rage, DH, Nova, and Namorita backed by Speedball's powers so it's not as if it'd be an easy KO via punching. And Firestar and Nova's powers would go along way towards countering heat vision and cold breath.

A case could probably be made for a speedblitz but it'd be iffy since Supes doesn't have any actual lightspeed blitzes to his credit and several of the New Warriors have enhanced reactions and Amazo would also have access to tk forcefields(from Marvel Boy) and intagibility(from Silhouette).

Personally I think it could end up being a pretty good fight...

Scoobless
Yeah, but the classic versions of all those characters, with all their durability levels stacked, still isn't that great.

darthgoober
Yeah, but the classic versions of all those characters, with all their durability levels stacked, still isn't that great.
It may not be a lot, but it's still pretty significant. Even classic Nova took a couple of shots from Thor and Speedball dealt with quite a shot from Terrax WITHOUT Amazo's stacked durability going for him. I'm not saying that Amazo would be shaking off Supes's punches like they were nothing but he should be able to handle at least a few even if he doesn't start using tk forcefields and intangibility(which are always options for him).

Scoobless
I see it as more of a lack of offensive than defense though. I just don't think that this particular Amazo (with only classic power levels from Nova & Co) can actually hurt Superman enough to put him out of commission..

darthgoober
I see it as more of a lack of offensive than defense though. I just don't think that this particular Amazo (with only classic power levels from Nova & Co) can actually hurt Superman enough to put him out of commission..
You don't think that if Amazo could knock him for a loop even if he went Speedball after taking a shot from Supes himself?

Avlon
Supes ftw.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.