Grueling Video Game Makes Players Sick

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ESB -1138
...it was bound to happen and figures it would be Square-Enix that first did it.

New enemy takes a solid day to defeat

Players be warned.

Kazenji
Thats because that one is a online game theres no way Square-Enix would put something like that in a console one.

SaTsuJiN
pff.. even the most core gamer would put their foot down on that crap...

I mean... noone wants to spend that long on 1 boss..srsly

jalek moye
thats retarded thats just gonna make everyone pissed off. if they ever pulled taht shit on a console game it would dramatically fall in sales once people figured out

ragesRemorse
18 hours...,so what happens to the person who fought the boss for 17 hours and then quit? I would just jump in battle with ten minutes to go and get all the rewards.

Scythe
F*ckin' Taimat from FF 12 takes about seven days to beat, there had to be a very complicated system that was hard to keep going intact just to beat him, only to find out there's one more of those type of battles.

Neo Darkhalen
It's a good job this Pandemonium Warden was not part of the actual game when it first came out, because i doubt anyone would put up with a Boss like that during the story mode of the game.

ragesRemorse
I think a boss battle of this scope could work on a console. It would have to be completely optional as well as allowing players to save when ever they needed. the reward would have to be some super badass legendary weapon though. Or, perhaps just a screen saying "good job nerd, you just wasted 18 hours of your life for NOTHING...,now go finish the rest of the game"

Smasandian
Well, I was under the impression that alot of people fought the monster at the same time. Not one person.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Smasandian
Well, I was under the impression that alot of people fought the monster at the same time. Not one person.

Anyone can fight a a giant monster that stays invincible for 18 hours with a group. Only badasses do it alone.

SaTsuJiN
you cant do anything alone in FFXI, unless you're a red mage lol

ESB -1138
Or if you're that fat guy from South Park in the Make Love Not Warcraft episode

GenomeFrozener
This is ****ing amazing.
This is beyond words....

Blax_Hydralisk
No, no it really isn't.

It's stupid.

The j0keR
Originally posted by GenomeFrozener
This is ****ing amazing.
This is beyond words....

To which i say....

Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
No, no it really isn't.

It's stupid.

ESB -1138
To which I say...

This is Chewbacca:

http://laspoliticas.files.wordpress.com/2007/04/chewbacca.jpg

Now why am I talking about Chewbacca in a video game thread that deals with a boss character found in a Final Fantasy game? It don't make no sense!

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
you cant do anything alone in FFXI

John McClane could

Kazenji
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
John McClane could

With a dagger of +65 damage

ragesRemorse
dude, john McClanes dagger would be, like, +5000 damage.

General Kaliero
In a post to their site, Square Enix has announced the three impossible-to-kill-reasonably monsters will be revised in the September update.

Peach
Originally posted by Scythe
F*ckin' Taimat from FF 12 takes about seven days to beat, there had to be a very complicated system that was hard to keep going intact just to beat him, only to find out there's one more of those type of battles.

You're joking, right?

I defeated Tiamat my second try. It took about 10 minutes.

And, oh, FFXI...funnily enough, I was just talked into giving this game a try. Good thing my friends and I plan on playing it to fool around instead of going after these massive bosses stick out tongue

Scythe
Originally posted by Peach
You're joking, right?

Really? How?? It's supposed to take a long time, however I did it the shorter way by casting lure, and reverse on Fran, followed by putting a buble belt on her and keeping the other two characters on support gambits the entire time. It took a short while but not no ten minutes.

GenomeFrozener
No, no it really isn't.

It's stupid.

You sir, do not hold a dark view of the world as I do.
So, bleh.

Morridini
Sounds very silly, thsi is an MMORPG right?
One fo the worst things with WoW were the instances that took more then 2-3 hours to complete, so going the opposite way of lowering the time is just plain stupid.

Barbarossa
Eighteen Hours, eh? On one Boss.

That redefines "F'ing Redonkulous."

And this is coming from someone who has happily sat in front of a Computer for 24 hours straight, playing Guild Wars.

Smasandian
Well, it doesnt matter anymore.

They removed the monster from the game.

ESB -1138
What!? That sucks!! But I never played FFXI and haven't planned to play so I don't care.

Barbarossa
Originally posted by Smasandian

They removed the monster from the game.

Good.

Mairuzu
F*ckin' Taimat from FF 12 takes about seven days to beat, there had to be a very complicated system that was hard to keep going intact just to beat him, only to find out there's one more of those type of battles. Lol took my LS about 30 min when i played

sigh, i miss ffxi sometimes

edit: woops sorry, i thougth you said ffxi online

Mairuzu
You're joking, right?

And, oh, FFXI...funnily enough, I was just talked into giving this game a try. Good thing my friends and I plan on playing it to fool around instead of going after these massive bosses stick out tongue I use to play and do plenty of high end stuff, the only problem with the game is leveling

cause you cannot solo unless you are a beastmaster

the community is awesome tho

Mairuzu
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
you cant do anything alone in FFXI, unless you're a red mage lol Redmage/Ninja lol

i miss mine sad

Peach
Really? How?? It's supposed to take a long time, however I did it the shorter way by casting lure, and reverse on Fran, followed by putting a buble belt on her and keeping the other two characters on support gambits the entire time. It took a short while but not no ten minutes.

I cast Silence on him immediately, then just had Vaan, Ashe, and Basch smash away at him with Ashe healing as needed.

Originally posted by Mairuzu
I use to play and do plenty of high end stuff, the only problem with the game is leveling

cause you cannot solo unless you are a beastmaster

the community is awesome tho

A group of my friends from work decided they wanted to play it and convinced me to try it out. So I've got a group to play with right away stick out tongue

Now I just need to find a 360 copy of it, since I couldn't get it to cooperate with my computer...

Mairuzu
I cast Silence on him immediately, then just had Vaan, Ashe, and Basch smash away at him with Ashe healing as needed.

A group of my friends from work decided they wanted to play it and convinced me to try it out. So I've got a group to play with right away stick out tongue

Now I just need to find a 360 copy of it, since I couldn't get it to cooperate with my computer... 50 bucks for all the expansions, im planning on getting it as well, i played it on the ps2

shouldn't be hard to find

Peach
50 bucks for all the expansions, im planning on getting it as well, i played it on the ps2

shouldn't be hard to find

$20 for the Vana'diel '08 Collection stick out tongue Which includes every expansion. The price on it went down recently.

And it normally wouldn't be, if not for the fact that everyone I work with has bought a copy.

Mairuzu
$20 for the Vana'diel '08 Collection stick out tongue Which includes every expansion. The price on it went down recently.

And it normally wouldn't be, if not for the fact that everyone I work with has bought a copy. oh! awesome, now i'll definitely get it

you guys decide which server to level on? i feel like leveling my dark knight

Peach
oh! awesome, now i'll definitely get it

you guys decide which server to level on? i feel like leveling my dark knight

Diablos is the one we're playing on.

Hopefully I'll have a copy of the game soon so I can make my character and play stick out tongue Gonna go with Black Mage, as always.

Mairuzu
Diablos is the one we're playing on.

Hopefully I'll have a copy of the game soon so I can make my character and play stick out tongue Gonna go with Black Mage, as always. Black mage is awesome, you'll want to level rdm and whm as sub jobs as well

Mairuzu
What race?

Peach
Mithra. Since I'm the only girl in the group, may as well stick out tongue

Mairuzu
Aha, just fyi

female hume look ridiculous in battle, so good choice since hume and mithra are well balanced

taru taru mana is incredibly high though

DarkC
No, no it really isn't.

It's stupid.
What's even more stupid is that they tell the players to take frequent breaks.

Yeah, that, and then happily throw a stupidly hard monster to kill.

This is why I prefer WoW - enrage timers for the win.

Spidervlad
Originally posted by Barbarossa
Eighteen Hours, eh? On one Boss.

That redefines "F'ing Redonkulous."

And this is coming from someone who has happily sat in front of a Computer for 24 hours straight, playing Guild Wars.

"You have been playing for 27 hours, Please take a break"

I got plenty of those in Guild Wars stick out tongue
It's quite addicting.

Barbarossa
Originally posted by Spidervlad
"You have been playing for 27 hours, Please take a break"

I got plenty of those in Guild Wars stick out tongue
It's quite addicting.

Solid +1. big grin

I love the game, but hate those damn reminders.

P.S. Luxon FTW.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.