HDTV Settings

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

deathbycorn
Just a curious question if you have a HDTV, what settings do you use?

As in -

Contrast:
Brightness:
Colour:
Sharpness:

BackFire
Each HDTV is different.

I'd suggest running a calibration tool (found in some DVD's or video games) to get settings specific to your set.

That said, settings will depend on what you use the TV for.

For watching movies/TV, the color, brightness and contrast are all usually pretty similar. Kinda towards the middle.

For gaming, you want to bump the contrast up quite a bit to make the image as vibrant and to enhance the differences between light and dark areas to make the game look better.

leonheartmm
depends on the person. personally, i dont go for super high contrast{as it screwes up the gray level contrast in lcd displays} or very high colours, as the limit detail. also i like a natural looking image whihc is also easy on the eyes. so keep the brightness as high as possible before an artificual white filter seems to be covering the screen. hrmm what else. i dont use the artificial picture flow that some tvs offer by creating virtual frames as it screws up the feal of the fram rate. as for sharpness, again, depends on the tv. i try to keep it as sharp as possible without artificial GRAINING coming up in the display.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.