Superman Reboot!?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Quincy
"Warner Bros. Confirms Superman Reboot
Source: Steelsheen
August 22, 2008

Just a few days after this article was posted, Warner Bros. Pictures Group President Jeff Robinov has told The Wall Street Journal that the studio is going to be reintroducing Superman. We assume this will be similar to how Louis Leterrier's The Incredible Hulk was a reboot of Ang Lee's Hulk. Here is what the article says:

Warner Bros. also put on hold plans for another movie starring multiple superheroes -- known as "Batman vs. Superman" -- after the $215 million "Superman Returns," which had disappointing box-office returns, didn't please executives. "'Superman' didn't quite work as a film in the way that we wanted it to," says Mr. Robinov. "It didn't position the character the way he needed to be positioned." "Had 'Superman' worked in 2006, we would have had a movie for Christmas of this year or 2009," he adds. "But now the plan is just to reintroduce Superman without regard to a Batman and Superman movie at all."

The article also talks about Warner Bros. adapting other DC properties over the new few years. "By 2011, Mr. Robinov plans for DC Comics to supply the material for up to two of the six to eight tent-pole films he hopes Warner Bros. will have in the pipeline by then," it says. Those projects will likely be about single characters at first, and will be darker much like The Dark Knight:

With "Batman vs. Superman" and "Justice League" stalled, Warner Bros. has quietly adopted Marvel's model of releasing a single film for each character, and then using those movies and their sequels to build up to a multicharacter film. "Along those lines, we have been developing every DC character that we own," Mr. Robinov says.

Like the recent Batman sequel -- which has become the highest-grossing film of the year thus far -- Mr. Robinov wants his next pack of superhero movies to be bathed in the same brooding tone as "The Dark Knight." Creatively, he sees exploring the evil side to characters as the key to unlocking some of Warner Bros.' DC properties. "We're going to try to go dark to the extent that the characters allow it," he says. That goes for the company's Superman franchise as well.

The studio is set to announce its plans for future DC movies in the next month. For now, though, it is focused on releasing four comic-book films in the next three years, including a third Batman film, a new film reintroducing Superman, and two movies focusing on other DC Comics characters. Movies featuring Green Lantern, Flash, Green Arrow, and Wonder Woman are all in active development."

The above is all from Superherohype.

What do you all think? Surprised?

Diamond Kisses
I loved the cartoon version of Superman & Batman. I do not believe in the same idea with real acters. I am looking forward to seeing the other DC heroes though. Personally I did not like "Superman Returns" very much.

Raoul
Originally posted by Quincy
"Warner Bros. Confirms Superman Reboot
Source: Steelsheen
August 22, 2008

Just a few days after this article was posted, Warner Bros. Pictures Group President Jeff Robinov has told The Wall Street Journal that the studio is going to be reintroducing Superman. We assume this will be similar to how Louis Leterrier's The Incredible Hulk was a reboot of Ang Lee's Hulk. Here is what the article says:

Warner Bros. also put on hold plans for another movie starring multiple superheroes -- known as "Batman vs. Superman" -- after the $215 million "Superman Returns," which had disappointing box-office returns, didn't please executives. "'Superman' didn't quite work as a film in the way that we wanted it to," says Mr. Robinov. "It didn't position the character the way he needed to be positioned." "Had 'Superman' worked in 2006, we would have had a movie for Christmas of this year or 2009," he adds. "But now the plan is just to reintroduce Superman without regard to a Batman and Superman movie at all."

The article also talks about Warner Bros. adapting other DC properties over the new few years. "By 2011, Mr. Robinov plans for DC Comics to supply the material for up to two of the six to eight tent-pole films he hopes Warner Bros. will have in the pipeline by then," it says. Those projects will likely be about single characters at first, and will be darker much like The Dark Knight:

With "Batman vs. Superman" and "Justice League" stalled, Warner Bros. has quietly adopted Marvel's model of releasing a single film for each character, and then using those movies and their sequels to build up to a multicharacter film. "Along those lines, we have been developing every DC character that we own," Mr. Robinov says.

Like the recent Batman sequel -- which has become the highest-grossing film of the year thus far -- Mr. Robinov wants his next pack of superhero movies to be bathed in the same brooding tone as "The Dark Knight." Creatively, he sees exploring the evil side to characters as the key to unlocking some of Warner Bros.' DC properties. "We're going to try to go dark to the extent that the characters allow it," he says. That goes for the company's Superman franchise as well.

The studio is set to announce its plans for future DC movies in the next month. For now, though, it is focused on releasing four comic-book films in the next three years, including a third Batman film, a new film reintroducing Superman, and two movies focusing on other DC Comics characters. Movies featuring Green Lantern, Flash, Green Arrow, and Wonder Woman are all in active development."

The above is all from Superherohype.

What do you all think? Surprised?

bout f*cking time. thumb up

Bardock42
Sounds good. Just hoping that they don't mix up dark and mature with stupid and evil. I always thought you probably could do some good with Superman, there are a few very select comics that are pretty nice, so I'm hoping.

Philosophía
So now all the following movies will copy the Dark Knight and be dark ones ? First I heard Iron Man 2 will focus on Tony's drinking problems and such, and now this ?

Meh ..

Raoul

Bardock42

Philosophía
Originally posted by Raoul
i think they mean darker than superman returns, which is fine, as even the comics can do that with ease and still be good...

I just dissaprove with the ideea of copying the Dark Knight's approach just because it was succesfull.

I'm not saying that a dark Superman movie wouldn't work. With the villains that Superman has, a dark approach could be interesting and refreshing and upon reading the news, I already have a few scenarios in my head that I would enjoy very much.

I just feel that the next superheroe movies will take The Dark Knight approach, and all heroes will be dark, eventough they aren't meant to be.

Raoul

Quincy
Yeah I was weirded out by the "dark tone" thing too. i dont think of Superman when I hear "dark superheroes"

I just hope they CAST an actual MAN. instead of the pre-pubescent boy.

WrathfulDwarf
By dark I think they mean a Superman like in Superman/Doomsday tone. It seems that they want to shift Superman into the more cosmic area...Darkseid, Mongul, Braniac...etc...the big boys...the real physical challenge for Supes....it' not a bad move.

So don't expect Superman to be wearing the black suit.

BruceSkywalker
I'm glad Supes is going to be re done. Hopefully WB can get it right.

A darker tone of Supes can help and with good acting, visuals, a good story and definitely a good villain can only help bring success back to Supes.

Brainiac should be the first villain or Mongol. Doomsday in the possible sequel..

Magee
Sounds good. Doomsday would be the perfect choice in regards to making the next Superman film more dark.

Val-E-Doosh
Not hard to be darker than Superman foiling a real estate scheme.

super pr*xy
Originally posted by Bardock42
Sounds good. Just hoping that they don't mix up dark and mature with stupid and evil. I always thought you probably could do some good with Superman, there are a few very select comics that are pretty nice, so I'm hoping.

agreed. superman 3 anybody?

i just hope the reboot won't be an origin movie. i think everybody knows where superman came from. superman returns was a movie bryan singer made for HIMSELF. that selfish motherf*cker. as if he's the only one who's gonna watch the damn movie. we get it... you're a fan. but an homage movie with lex luthor trying to get more land to sell is not gonna pack movie theaters.

i dunno how well a dark tone will work for big blue, but if done right, it will be more than welcome...

The j0keR
This is kind of a double edged sword for me, Super Returns(atleast after it sunk) in wasnt a very good movie, but I did enjoy Brandon Routhe. I really doubt he will be back, which disappoints me.

Dr Hackenbush
sad that I'm the only one that doesn't want doomsday in the first movie of the reboot...

The j0keR
If his role is to kill Superman, then I think he should be in the second movie of the new franchise. Have the first movie to establish the new actors and make a connection with the viewer, then have the tragedy in the second movie.

Da Joker
Reboot Superman if you wish, but kept Luthor far the hell away from the first and second movie.

emporerpants
i think that darkseid would make a great villian for the reboot. have supes and the earth barely win and then have supes realize that he needs help defending earth.....leading into a justice league movie, with supes maybe making cameos in the movies for green lantern, wonder woman, etc asking them about forming a team.

Da Joker
Eh, no, it's too soon. I want to see villains like Darkseid & Doomsday established before anything close to a Justice League movie begins to take shape.

Blind
I always thought what was great about the Batman/Superman relationship was that they are both at total opposite ends of the same spectrum. Superman wants to be a ray of hope, and give people security, while Batman wants to instill fear in the hearts of that superstitious and cowardly lot we call criminals. Superman tries to reason with the bad-guy while Batman just ties them up and leaves them for the cops. Superman should definitely not go dark. He can't. That's just not Superman. For crying out loud, find someone who can write this guy and let him do it right!

And I'm not necessarily talking about Jeph Loeb. But "Superman For All Seasons" the movie would be kind of nice - as long as he wasn't fat. He looked fat, people. It's all I'm saying.

Bardock42
Haha, the art in "Superman for All Seasons" was more on the fat side, I agree. I still kinda liked it...was a pretty good series.

Dark-Jaxx
Superman could work with a more darker tones. As long as you use a villain like Darkseid, Mongul, or Doomsday.

Superman Returns was kinda crappy IMO, this sounds good.

Endless Mike
I never actually saw Superman Returns

But I love the "WRONG!!!!!" scene

BruceSkywalker
Whoever is casted, I hope can act and is good shape. Also hopefully the script will be good

Barbarian Shams
The Animated Series was a textbook example of how to do proper Superman stories. The plots were both mature and yet appropriate for Superman at the same time. So it is not too hard to make the Superman reboot a mature film with a dark plot but lets just hope the writer remembers that Superman is not a brooder like Batman, he is an optimistic hero who seeks to inspire the people.

freek
Originally posted by Da Joker
Reboot Superman if you wish, but kept Luthor far the hell away from the first and second movie.

and that kid...please keep the kid out of the damn movie. superman does not have a child!

Da Joker
I didn't mind him having a child, but it's best to keep it out of the reboot.

Blind
no no. They're right. Superman's super-swimmers need to just stop impregnating women.

No superboy. No.

And no Brandon Routh. I'm sorry for all of you who may have liked him, but no. No, I say. No.

And not Nicholas Cage either. I don't care if he did name his kid Kal-El, don't even give him a cameo.

You know... that dude who plays Sylar on Heroes? Yeah, don't pick him either. Not that I've heard his name tossed around or anything. Just thought I'd say no to that while I'm at it.

Toku King
Man, are they dumb. The issue with "Superman Returns" wasn't its light tone. It was the fact that the film was as boring as all get-out. Making Superman dark is idiotic.

Toku King
I didn't mind him having a child

I did.

Da Joker
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
Whoever is casted, I hope can act and is good shape. Also hopefully the script will be good

Brandon was a pretty good Superman, but he could've been bigger. Twenty lbs of muscle isn't enough.

BruceSkywalker
Brandon was a pretty good Superman, but he could've been bigger. Twenty lbs of muscle isn't enough.

I'm not sure if he will return, but if he does, then yes he should gain at least 30, maybe 40 lbs of muscle.

Mindship
Superman reboot...good idea.

And he should be not just bigger, but older, so he looks, truly, like a Superman.

roughrider
Originally posted by Toku King
Man, are they dumb. The issue with "Superman Returns" wasn't its light tone. It was the fact that the film was as boring as all get-out. Making Superman dark is idiotic.

Yes. One problem the Superman films don't have is tone - the tone is just right, even in the lesser films. Other problems like unsatisfying villains, slow pacing, unwise plot twists...that's been the trouble.
Batman certainly had a tone problem by the time of Batman Forever & Batman and Robin; stupidly camp, really. Just because Batman became a phenomenon again by going darker than ever, doesn't mean that's what needed for Superman. Execs need to remember not all characters are alike.
I still admire the original film from 30 years ago. But, I reluctantly understand some kids may just view it as ancient history, and want Jor-El, Krypton and the Kent family all over; fresh.
I'd still like to see Brandon Routh in the role, though.

Endless Mike
Doomsday should be in the movie

roughrider
Originally posted by Endless Mike

Doomsday is too big a challenge for a first film reboot. He should be held back, like the Joker was held back for The Dark Knight.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by roughrider
Doomsday is too big a challenge for a first film reboot. He should be held back, like the Joker was held back for The Dark Knight.

In agree. Someone like Brainiac should be in the first film

Allankles
Originally posted by Endless Mike

The problem with Doomsday is that he is a mindless threat. A big threat but he's just physical. I'd rather a cerebral villain who is also physical, which is why I feel Braniac would be a good choice.

Faunus
I feel like people would draw too many parallels to Luthor with a Brainiac storyline, unless Brainiac wasn't the real physical threat. Darkseid would probably be best, IMO.

And these people have lost it. Singer's movie wasn't bad - it fit quite well with the old Reeve movies, which was exactly what he was going for. It just wasn't what people wanted. He realizes that, and although there's no feasible way for him to really get rid of the kid, Singer was ready to make a real movie for the audience. Routh could buff up a bit, they'd go "wrath of Khan" on it, as Singer put it, and then they'd be set. Instead Warner tries to turn this into The Dark Knight with blue tights, a red cape and the biggest boy scout in comics? The Batman movies worked so well because of Nolan, and his vision and execution of that vision. Superman should not be handled the way Batman was, because he's a completely different character. They're polar opposites, in fact, linked by a single ideal. It's absurd, and I'm disappointed. The people at the top are clearly idiots.

RevoWution™©®
I like the idea of a Superman reboot. Returns just didn't cut it for me. And wtf was up with Supes having a son already in the 1st film?! That was just wrong...

BruceSkywalker

Endless Mike
Originally posted by roughrider

Yeah but they should foreshadow him in the movie like they did with the Joker

roughrider
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
Singer just wanted to make HIS movie. He did not read any comic books nor did he barely watch the first Superman. Why he gave Supes a son made no sense at all

Whatever you can criticize Singer for, not being faithful to the first movie(s) isn't one of them. The film is full of references & visual quotes echoing the first film especially - right down to resurrecting Marlon Brando to play Jor-El once again. It shares a loose continuity with Superman I & II (and ignores the events of III & IV), as Superman depowered himself in II and had one night of sex with Lois. That's how she got pregnant with Jason. Plus, it's the events of fighting Zod & his henchmen that makes him go search out Krypton, to see if anyone could still be there.

fangirl101
I sat thru Superman Returns and it felt like I was sitting on a chair made of ice in a freezer. and I had on no panties. It was just painful.

Toku King
For a reboot, they should start off with Lex Luthor being a wealthy businessman who stumbles on Kryptonian technology. He becomes obsessed, and constantly tries to tract down this 'Superman' character. In hopes of capturing the hero, Luthor turns to the stolen technology, only to accidentally resurrect Brainiac, Krypton's computer system until it became self aware and waged war on the galaxy.

The sequel should totally have Darkseid as the main villain, introducing Orion and the other New Gods, beginning a fight on earth that Superman may not be able to win. The film ends with Darkseid leaving the planet, but not without killing millions of people. It goes a route similar to "Apocalypse... Now!", though with a lot of changes. Other Apocalypse inhabitants appear as well, including Kalibak and Granny Goodness.

The third and final act should be Darkseid creating a mutant Kryptonian with Superman's DNA, which is then dubbed 'Doomsday'. Doomsday escapes Apocalypse and heads towards earth, where Superman must fight his most powerful nemesis of all time to the death. But here's the thing: SUPERMAN DIES AT THE END! NO SEQUELS!
We also get to see how all of these events have effected Lex Luthor, especialy as his relationship with Superman goes deeper and deeper every movie.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by fangirl101
I sat thru Superman Returns and it felt like I was sitting on a chair made of ice in a freezer. and I had on no panties. It was just painful.

Yes it was painful..

Hopefully the reboot will put a good taste in peoples mouths

ToughMind
So does this mean that we will possibly get another 3 Superman movies, with a new Superman? I would like to see Darkseid, Braniac and Doomsday(unlikely).

marwash22
Are they forgetting Superman isnt a dark character?! He isnt Batman or the Punisher. JUst let the man destroy some buildings in downtown Metropolis and fight some ACTUAL villains.

ToughMind
Originally posted by marwash22
Are they forgetting Superman isnt a dark character?! He isnt Batman or the Punisher. JUst let the man destroy some buildings in downtown Metropolis and fight some ACTUAL villains.

Amen.

SnakeEyes
Mark Millar has plans for a seven hour Superman story: http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/688752/Mark_Millar_Working_On_Superman_Trilogy.html

OB1-adobe
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
By dark I think they mean a Superman like in Superman/Doomsday tone. It seems that they want to shift Superman into the more cosmic area...Darkseid, Mongul, Braniac...etc...the big boys...the real physical challenge for Supes....it' not a bad move.

So don't expect Superman to be wearing the black suit.

I agree. I think we'll see some serious villianous villan.

Like Lex Luthor being a bad bad man, and not a comediec one.

Aztec123
I want to see superman throw down with either lobo or bizarro. superman needs to save the world, from a formidable opponent. I'm tired of seeing lex luthor as the main villain, he brings nothing new to the film. furthermore, they should keep routh.. i taught his portrayal on Clark was pretty cool, however they need to change Louis, because she is a strong, independent and sexy woman.. who ever played her, was dull, boring and uninteresting... hopefully they dont screw it up, like they did in superman returns... i was dissapointed that clark had a son, it would have scred the sequel..

Endless Mike
They should have Lex and another villain, if they can pull of multiple villains in the Batman movies they can do it here.

Luthor and Brainiac would be good, or maybe Luthor and Zod

OB1-adobe
Lex Luthor pretty much has to be in it. He's not really a villian anymore per se, but ever since the Byrne revamp he's more as part of the supporting cast of Superman in a way

ToughMind
If the new redone Superman movies has Lex Luthor, how about making him "darker" and more menacing than the one in Superman Returns. Like someone else said, "darker" does not necessarily mean a dark Superman but just a darker storyline that would feature Mongul, Darkseid ect. Superman must always be Superman even in a dark movie.

spidermanrocks
People!! Be quiet already about the whole dark Superman thing!! A dark tone and and dark character are two different things you idiots (sorry lol). A dark tone does not mean that Superman will have a deep voice and dressed in black and all that. It means that it will have a very mature plot. We might see Lois Lane sticking the finger at someone. We might also see two people having sex. The fights could be very intense. All these things could be happening while still keeping the Superman character light. Have any of you seen Superman: Doomsday (which was awesome BTW)? That movie was an example of a dark Superman movie. Was the Superman character himself dark in that movie? No. He was the same as in the comics and as in S:TAS. He was still a light character. That "evil" Superman we saw in the movie was a clone so that doesn't really count.

I hope now, everyone gets what they mean by dark. No more cheesy plots with Lex Luthor trying to destroy the world. It's time for Superman to get seriously injured by the hands of a very DARK VILLAIN!!!

ankur29
reboots are a waste of money and time , routh is perfect for SM , he needs more superpowered villains and a better lois imo

tehy shoudl start a new film already whiel routh is young and can make a few movies without it looking like superman ages like a human

-Pr-
A Superman reboot needs, imo:

1) No origin story. Everyone knows where Superman is from and his story.
2) Lois to know he's Superman. She's known for almost 20 years in the comics, so let her know in the movie. Would save a ton of trouble.
3) Superman to actually punch someone. He has TONS of villains he can fight physically, it shouldn't be that hard.
4) A more comic accurate costume, none of this redesigned crap.
5) A movie that ISN'T in any way inspired by what Donner did. Superman has moved on. His movie should reflect that.

Bar that, i dunno...

xJLxKing
I'd like to add to your list Pr
- NO need for Lex Luthor as the main villain once again. He should be a side kick villain something like two-face was in The Dark Knight.
- Lois shouldn't know that Clark is Superman. That should be added later on in the sequel.
- NO Kryptonite should really be involved. Enough is enough!!
- Fight scenes. I would love to see a very nicely (but short) fight between two powerful beings.

-Pr-
Originally posted by xJLxKing
I'd like to add to your list Pr
- NO need for Lex Luthor as the main villain once again. He should be a side kick villain something like two-face was in The Dark Knight.
- Lois shouldn't know that Clark is Superman. That should be added later on in the sequel.
- NO Kryptonite should really be involved. Enough is enough!!
- Fight scenes. I would love to see a very nicely (but short) fight between two powerful beings.

why don't you want lois to know?

xJLxKing
It's too much to take. Most people like that Lois doesn't know his secret. I'd like if they keep it in the first movie. However, in the second they should reveal the secret. I like how they did it in the movie Superman: Death of Superman. It's like she knew but just couldn't prove it.

It's hard to put in words, but she knew who he is in the first movie, then the rest will all be the same; nothing new.

Think of how they did Spiderman. The 1st, he didn't tell her. The 2nd one, he could have, but didn't. Instead she found out. It give kind of accomplishment, or feeling to some people.

-Pr-
It's too much to take. Most people like that Lois doesn't know his secret. I'd like if they keep it in the first movie. However, in the second they should reveal the secret. I like how they did it in the movie Superman: Death of Superman. It's like she knew but just couldn't prove it.

It's hard to put in words, but she knew who he is in the first movie, then the rest will all be the same; nothing new.

Think of how they did Spiderman. The 1st, he didn't tell her. The 2nd one, he could have, but didn't. Instead she found out. It give kind of accomplishment, or feeling to some people.

i think it would be a good thing if she knew. the comics did fine with it, and i really don't see why it's a problem.

you really think most people like her not knowing?

xJLxKing
Originally posted by -Pr-
i think it would be a good thing if she knew. the comics did fine with it, and i really don't see why it's a problem.

you really think most people like her not knowing?
In my opinion, when making a movie, you only got an hour or two (doubtful) hours to actually put it together. In comic books, the writers have a good amount of time to set the story straight. They would have tons of years of Lois trying to find a reason why she believes Clark to be Superman. In the movie, if they are going to explain how she finds out, then they might as well make so that she doesn't know and only figures it out throughout the movie. This way, the story doesn't just revolve around Superman and his villains but other characters as well

-Pr-
In my opinion, when making a movie, you only got an hour or two (doubtful) hours to actually put it together. In comic books, the writers have a good amount of time to set the story straight. They would have tons of years of Lois trying to find a reason why she believes Clark to be Superman. In the movie, if they are going to explain how she finds out, then they might as well make so that she doesn't know and only figures it out throughout the movie. This way, the story doesn't just revolve around Superman and his villains but other characters as well

hmm, i do see what you mean, but tbh, i disagree. i think you can still have lois in the movie and give her a substantial role even if she knows he's superman...

xJLxKing
Originally posted by -Pr-
hmm, i do see what you mean, but tbh, i disagree. i think you can still have lois in the movie and give her a substantial role even if she knows he's superman...
I guess you are right. I all depends on how the movie is directed.

Kazenji
Not sure if anyone has posted this

http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=7609

Red Superfly
I want classic Superman, but done contemporarily.

Get him questioning his own ethics and his existence a bit more, that whole propaganda thing he waves around most of the time is ripe for some exploration in a movie. Get him in some deep political shit which forces him into some seriously difficult choices.

There's so much milage in the Superman concept. I hope it isn't just the same old Superman Americana bullcrap where he goes through the usual motions of Comedy Clark scene, Superman scene, Lois scene, Superman and Lois scene, villain scene, Fortress scene, Kryptonite scene, Superman fighting villain scene, Superman almost dying but not quite scene, Superman impossibly lifting or moving something massive without it breaking it under its own weight scene (a helicopter, a plane, a building, a mass of land etc).

I mean, we've seen it. It's been DONE. Lets see something new. Do what Burton did and just do something creative. We've had the literal depiction of Superman in the Reeve movies, it's time to push for something that will add to the franchise, not just re-iterate on it.

One good thing a reboot would do is provide a chance to rewrite his DNA so to speak, and make him a little bit easier to kill WITHOUT a special green rock.

Lex always deserves to be present, but it's about time we saw a more relevant Lex in the movies of Superman - the capitialist, untouchable, badass Kingpin-style Lex would be great, thankyou. No more comical buffoon in and out of prison in comical escape attempts with comical lackeys. That's embarassing.

The best take so far has been in Justice League. That Superman is brilliant!

-Pr-
Originally posted by Red Superfly
I want classic Superman, but done contemporarily.

Get him questioning his own ethics and his existence a bit more, that whole propaganda thing he waves around most of the time is ripe for some exploration in a movie. Get him in some deep political shit which forces him into some seriously difficult choices.

There's so much milage in the Superman concept. I hope it isn't just the same old Superman Americana bullcrap where he goes through the usual motions of Comedy Clark scene, Superman scene, Lois scene, Superman and Lois scene, villain scene, Fortress scene, Kryptonite scene, Superman fighting villain scene, Superman almost dying but not quite scene, Superman impossibly lifting or moving something massive without it breaking it under its own weight scene (a helicopter, a plane, a building, a mass of land etc).

I mean, we've seen it. It's been DONE. Lets see something new. Do what Burton did and just do something creative. We've had the literal depiction of Superman in the Reeve movies, it's time to push for something that will add to the franchise, not just re-iterate on it.

One good thing a reboot would do is provide a chance to rewrite his DNA so to speak, and make him a little bit easier to kill WITHOUT a special green rock.

Lex always deserves to be present, but it's about time we saw a more relevant Lex in the movies of Superman - the capitialist, untouchable, badass Kingpin-style Lex would be great, thankyou. No more comical buffoon in and out of prison in comical escape attempts with comical lackeys. That's embarassing.

The best take so far has been in Justice League. That Superman is brilliant!

he does the ethics and existence thing in the comics regularly, so it wouldn't be a big departure.

you really want him powered down?

XanZan
I enjoed the Superman Returns movie, but it could have been better.

Davis Bloome
I'm all for a reboot, with Routh back as CK/Superman. I'd also like it if Lex wasn't the main villain, and they focused on someone else like Darkseid or Metallo. It'd just be nice to see someone new as the villain and not the same thing we've saw for four movies, basically.

DemonChook
I'm seriously against a reboot, i say give Bryan Singer a chance to proove to the fans that he can make the movie we want. I want the Man of Steel sequal that the fans were promised back in 2005 while Returns was being filmed.

starlock
i pray for a reboot...but i liked Routh as superman.....i did not mind the costume,Luthor has to go....give me some real action and a good story.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.