Blitz: The League II -- looks awesome

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ariwin
The sequel to Blitz: The League is looking really good so far. It's basically, for those of you who haven't played the original, a no-rules football game. The graphics are great, and looks like the gameplay is as detailed if not better than the first game.

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2008/212/reviews/943564_20080731_screen001.jpg

Looks pretty sweet -- anyone here a sports game fan?

Smasandian
I like Blitz for its arcade value, but its strickly a rental, and a night rental at that.

I rented the last one and I probably played it for a night, and then got really bored.

Menetnashté
I liked the old ones better, I tried playing the league when it first came out and I dunno, maybe I just didn't know what I was doing but I couldn't punch a guy square in the face after a play so I was like...this sucks.

The j0keR
I think the new game Backbreaker looks cooler as an arcade football game. I dont need edginess in my sports game, so the whole "the League" aspect of Blitz doesnt interest me.

ragesRemorse
Blitz should have been retired after nfl street. Blitz, was at one time an incredible arcade football game. Then Nfl street, released and did the arcade style much better than blitz and blitz has never replied with a better game. I really really wanted to like the last blitz game, but the game play was to frustrating and cheap for me to enjoy.

Smasandian
I actually liked Blitz better than Street.

ariwin
Originally posted by Smasandian

Me too.

There's this IGN article anticipating the release and going over the league "history":

http://blogs.ign.com/BlitzTheLeague/2008/08/21/99712/?RSSwhen2008-08-21_170100&RSSid=901643

The j0keR
Originally posted by Smasandian

I could never stand the Street games, the only good games in the Street brand are NBA.

DigiMark007
If they brought back Mutant League Football, maybe I'd care. Until then, eh.

SaTsuJiN
Originally posted by DigiMark007
If they brought back Mutant League Football, maybe I'd care. Until then, eh. and mutant league hockey big grin... or even open the door for more mutant league sports :3

ariwin
LOL... have you guys seen this?

Blitz: The League II has exploding testicles...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.