Nicholson's Joker vs. Ledger's Joker

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Master Crimzon
Ever since I saw the Dark Knight, this particular issue has been bothering me.

Not actually who is a better joker- I've been certain of Heath's dominance in this category- but who would actually win in a fight.

It seems both have advantage. Ledger's Joker seems to be faster, a better hand-to-hand combatant, and certainly a more skilled user of conventional weapons such as knives and guns. That being said, however, Nicholson's Joker has more unorthodox weapons, that weird punching thing, the smilex gas, the acid-spraying flower, and that ridiculous (but strangely effective) gun.

So. Who do you think will actually take the other in a fight?

Myth
Heath's would win if you ask me. Nicholson's weapons are more for novelty than effectiveness. Don't forget, Heath had gas too. He also seems to plan things better. So yeah, more intelligent, better hand to hand, better with weapons.... it has to be Heath.

Robtard
A flower that squirts acid is a novelty?

dadudemon
Originally posted by Robtard
A flower that squirts acid is a novelty? laughing

FANBOY!

Dude, it's been well more than a decade since I've seen that movie, and I STILL find that funny.

Master Crimzon
Jack Nicholson's Joker is the best thing about Batman '89.

Well... the only good thing...

And I'm still not certain of the results. Heath's Joker will rip him apart at close-range; but what happens if Nicholson's Joker releases some smilex before Heath's closes in?

That, or H. Joker just shoots him. Lol.

Da Joker
In a hand to hand fight, Ledger's Joker would rip Nicholson's apart, his reflexes are too good, and he beat the shit out of Batman at the end of the movie. He's much more intelligent, and if Nicholson releases some gas, he'd no doubt either find out about it or do the smart thing: Wear a mask.

agphoenix
Myth

Hehehe! Sorry...had to.

MAN Crimzon, you just started a thread that's eventually going to lead to terrorism!

gun_bandana

Myth
Originally posted by Master Crimzon

And I'm still not certain of the results. Heath's Joker will rip him apart at close-range; but what happens if Nicholson's Joker releases some smilex before Heath's closes in?

That, or H. Joker just shoots him. Lol.

Don't forget Heath's love of explosives. Nicholson has gas which covers a large area, but Heath blew up an entire hospital and had enough explosives at his disposal to blow up two ships.

agphoenix
Awright then. I got one.

Let's equalize EVERYTHING except the roles/actors/weapons/novelties etc.

- 2 versions of TDK get released at the same time in '08, one with Nic., the other with Heath. RIP.
- Both actors are the same age.
- Both actors have the same acting experience.

Now what are your opinions?

Master Crimzon
Originally posted by agphoenix
Awright then. I got one.

Let's equalize EVERYTHING except the roles/actors/weapons/novelties etc.

- 2 versions of TDK get released at the same time in '08, one with Nic., the other with Heath. RIP.
- Both actors are the same age.
- Both actors have the same acting experience.

Now what are your opinions?

I don't see any reason why this should change. Lol. It's still the exact same Jokers, just in different versions of the same movie.

Oh, and Myth, this is a non-prep fight, so I doubt H. Joker would be able to use his explosives.

Anyways; say, H. Joker starts off with a submachinegun, his knives, a crowbar. N. Joker starts off with his acid flower, a tank of smilex, his ridiculous gun, and the extending boxing-glove thing.

Myth
Didn't Jack's Joker only use the smilex gas in situation where it had to be prepped? (i.e. art gallery vents and giant parade balloons) I don't remember him carrying a small tank of smilex. In which case, why would H. Joker get to have a small amount of explosives that he can throw then detonate. Or maybe a cell phone bomb wink

Anyway: I still think Heath wins without it.

Master Crimzon
Well, I think this will sort of even the odds in this fight. So, yeah, it seems ideal that he has smilex in his flower, or something like that.

Oh, and I forgot. Nic's Joker has a regular pistol, too.

Myth
Did Jack have a separate regular pistol? Or was it the same one since the barrel was retractable?

agphoenix
...It's still the exact same Jokers...
So what do we discuss then? If they're the exact same Jokers, what's the discussion regarding 'Nicholson's Joker vs. Ledger's Joker'?

Maybe I'm missing it, in which case I apologize. But if they ARE in fact exactly the same once the other things are kept constant, then what differences do the types of weapons and the different attitudes make?

Master Crimzon
They are different in the sense that they evidently think differently, have different origin stories/motives, have different weaponry, etc, etc, etc. I said 'it's the exact same Jokers', saying that even if they were in two movies released simultaneously, they would both be two characters. The only things similar about the two Joker's are the appearance, the themes, and the insanity. Plus, they displayed some different skills.

Darth Martin

That, or H. Joker just shoots him. Lol. Batman(NOT Bruce Wayne) was beast in that film. It's just whenever he or Joker wasn't on screen the film was boring.

And Ledger wins.

Master Crimzon
Originally posted by Darth Martin
Batman(NOT Bruce Wayne) was beast in that film. It's just whenever he or Joker wasn't on screen the film was boring.

And Ledger wins.

Maybe. I don't know. The last time I saw Batman '89 (which was after a few years of NOT seeing it, mind you), I was bored to death. Though it is the fourth best Batman movie, I guess. After TDK, Begins, and Returns. It beats Forever and Batman and Robin with ease, though.

And yes, I agree. Ledger should win this one.

ragesRemorse
Dude, The joker took down the Batwing with big ass revolver that he pulled out of his pants...,ledger joker dont have a chance

leonheartmm
ledger's joke rips nicholsons apart. for one, he is a MASTERFUL planner. well i suppose nicholson does have that long barrelled handgun which brought down the batplane or whatever.

FistOfThe North
I say Jack's Joker takes this. You can't bring a knife into a gunfight, Ledger.

Alpha Centauri
Who says he would bring a knife to a gun fight?

He used guns.

-AC

FistOfThe North
Heath's Joker wields knives more often and/or as often as Jack's Joker wields guns.

Just going by the movies.

Robtard
Originally posted by FistOfThe North

Brock Samson disagrees.

Master Crimzon
Heath's Joker wields knives more often and/or as often as Jack's Joker wields guns.

Just going by the movies. }

Ledger's Joker is much more of a close-ranged combatant than Jack's is, that's true. However, Ledger's Joker also displayed considerable skill with guns; there is no reason why he wouldn't use a gun if necessary. Why not take out his submachine gun and frag the crap out of Jack's Joker? Jack's used a pistol before, but never in an actual, intense combat situation; Ledger's Joker, unlike Jack's, is a fighter.

And, if they somehow get to close-ranged combat- which I doubt H. Joker will find necessary- H. Joker will rip Nicholson's Joker apart in the most literal sense of the word.

FistOfThe North
Brock Samson disagrees.

Who the hell is Brock Samson? And why would he disagree?

Robtard
Who the hell is Brock Samson? And why would he disagree?

He's an unstoppable behemoth of a man, who only uses a knife.

FistOfThe North
}

Ledger's Joker is much more of a close-ranged combatant than Jack's is, that's true. However, Ledger's Joker also displayed considerable skill with guns; there is no reason why he wouldn't use a gun if necessary. Why not take out his submachine gun and frag the crap out of Jack's Joker? Jack's used a pistol before, but never in an actual, intense combat situation; Ledger's Joker, unlike Jack's, is a fighter.

And, if they somehow get to close-ranged combat- which I doubt H. Joker will find necessary- H. Joker will rip Nicholson's Joker apart in the most literal sense of the word.

Considerable skill? If he was so skilled with arms why didn't he factor in that the battank just may very well get in the way of that armor truck holding the target. He saw it approaching before hand? Or how did he not figure that and old man would jump infront of his intended target.

A Heath's Joker's not a real fighter. He's more a scrappy fighter. But he would beat Jacks Joker up. Batman would rip a new a hole in Ledgers Joker in a one on one fair fight. So he's no fighter. Batman is.

Master Crimzon
Considerable skill? If he was so skilled with arms why didn't he factor in that the battank just may very well get in the way of that armor truck holding the target. He saw it approaching before hand? Or how did he not figure that and old man would jump infront of his intended target.

A Heath's Joker's not a real fighter. He's more a scrappy fighter. But he would beat Jacks Joker up. Batman would rip a new a hole in Ledgers Joker in a one on one fair fight. So he's no fighter. Batman is.

Well, first off, I don't think that the delusion that the Joker- movie or comic book- is a pathetic fighter is a true. If you would like me to explain why, PM me. I'll send you a list of feats and reasons for why I think he has considerable fighting prowess.

I will agree with you that he's, first and foremost, a mass murdering terrorist- not a fighter. Batman is, regularly, the more effective fighter- better conditioned and vastly more skilled. That being said, though, the Joker's clever tricks, psychotic fighting style, and his under-handed techniques enable him to hold his own against Batman (occasionally). Nicholson's Joker is a cowardly, out-of-shape... well, joker. Heath's Joker would OWN him in a fistfight.

Moving on to the firearms battle, Heath's Joker displayed skill with guns in an actual FIGHTING situation. He displayed quicker reflexes and such; Jack's only used an oversized pistol that takes ages to get out and a gun, not in an actual fighting situation. Logically, Heath can use a gun better; he's not mega-skilled, and it's not his preferred form of combat, but he can use firearms to some extent.

Nactous
Theyre two completely different approaches to the character, incomparable if you ask me.

Master Crimzon
This is who would win in a fight, not who is the better Joker.

I disagree that they are incomparable, though. Both are the Joker, after all, and I like the murderous psycho better than I like the campy killer. People can certainly like both, but I don't.

Kovacs86
Originally posted by Nactous
Theyre two completely different approaches to the character, incomparable if you ask me.

The question isn't who's better... it's who'd win in a fight. I say Ledger, if for no reason other than that he's a younger man and therefore probably faster and stronger. Also, I just felt Ledger's Joker was more dangerous, a real unpredictable psycho who'd rather kill you than look at you. Nicholson's Joker never seemed that tough, honestly.

ragesRemorse

yeah, and Jacks Joker had dance moves, Parade Floats that leaked noxious gas and prince music. Nuttin beats dat Happy Dance

Placidity
Ledger used a rocket launcher, smg, silenced pistol and a rifle.

Scythe
Sigh, as much as I don't wanna say, Ledger's Joker takes this one. He clearly seemed more dangerous than good ole Jack Nicholson. All the weapons, eeven the grenades Ledger had seem to be able to turn this fight in his favor.

AngryManatee
Originally posted by Harvey Two-Face
...he beat the shit out of Batman at the end of the movie.

But first he set 3 huge-ass dogs on him first confused

Dark-Jaxx
Jack's Joker hurt his hand by punching Batman.

Jack's Joker was a wimp, plain and simple.

Master Crimzon
Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx

yes

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Placidity
Ledger used a rocket launcher, smg, silenced pistol and a rifle.

pfft..,anyone can use dem toys.

NonSensi-Klown

I'm also pretty sure Batman's armor in those movies was better as well.

Dark-Jaxx
Brock Samson disagrees. That's a little ubnfair bringing Brock Samson into this man.

Samson would fvck Batman and even the great John Mclane's shit up.

Master Crimzon
Originally posted by NonSensi-Klown
I'm also pretty sure Batman's armor in those movies was better as well.

In the O' Batman, Batman was knocked out due to falling. Or was it due to being shot? I don't remember the exact circumstances, but it was at that scene when Vicki took pictures of him.

In the new Batman, I hardly see that happening.

Dark-Jaxx
Considering he has been shot and has falled.

Placidity
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
pfft..,anyone can use dem toys.

Someone was saying Heath only used knives... and Nicholson had revolvers... Context FTW wink

AngryManatee
That's a little ubnfair bringing Brock Samson into this man.

Samson would fvck Batman and even the great John Mclane's shit up.

Agreed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.