Luke Skywalker vs. Anakin Skywalker

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Gaevus Mesias
Okay, we've all heard how powerful both these Skywalkers are. But since Luke has the same amount of Medi-Chlorian count that Anakin does, which one's more powerful. After Vader's injuries, Luke was supposed to represent what Anakin was to become, and he was seen as probably strong enough to rip Exar Kun (my favoritest Sith Lord evr) apart in his physical form.

Now guyz, let's evaluate what these two have accomplished:

Anakin Skywalker:

The Chosen One; Highest Medi-Chlorian count in the Jedi History

Force Abilities: Anakin showed great strength early in his training, and still became a pretty powerful mutha ****er even though he started late. He was successfully able to land the Invisible Hand even though only half of it was intact. He also has uncanny mechanical skills. As Darth Vader, he could absorb blaster fire with his HAND.

Lightsaber Skills: Even though his Shien/Djem So couldn't match Obi-Wan's lightsaber skills, he could probably out-duel Mace Windu, Sidious, and probably 90% of the Jedi Masters (with the exception of Obi-Wan, Yoda)

Even before the suit, Anakin was said to have great physical strength.

Luke Skywalker:

Luke is just a strong Mutha ****er, in my opinion he could mop the floor with that whiny, bitchy Anakin.

Force Powers: He was able to resists the Force abilities of the entire Colony, he piloted the Millennium Falcon with the skills that even an entire piloting team could match. He mastered Electric Judgment, which could kill instantly. He WALKED on lava, and he could use Force Flight, nuff said.

Diamond Kisses
Welcome to KMC, but wrong forum.

Gideon
Explain to me how he can outduel Mace and Sidious but not Yoda and Kenobi.

Gaevus Mesias
Dude, everyone with half a damn brain would know Sidious played his loss to Mace Windu, for example "POWER!! UNLIMITED POWER!" Kenobi's Soresu was augmented to the point where he couldn't be touched even when Anakin was using all of his rage, and the only reason Yoda lost to Sidious is because he is lighter so in result he flew farther when he deflected the lightning. Yoda could've whipped Sidious kandy ass if it weren't 4 that fact, also, Yoda's been around for over 800 years, and had more opportunities to learn how 2 use a lightsaber, Dooku is older than Sidious, and with the right training could probably best him as well.

Diamond Kisses
Originally posted by Gaevus Mesias
Dude, everyone with half a damn brain would know Sidious played his loss to Mace Windu

Played? Morelike gambled

Master Crimzon
Dude, everyone with half a damn brain would know Sidious played his loss to Mace Windu, for example "POWER!! UNLIMITED POWER!" Kenobi's Soresu was augmented to the point where he couldn't be touched even when Anakin was using all of his rage, and the only reason Yoda lost to Sidious is because he is lighter so in result he flew farther when he deflected the lightning. Yoda could've whipped Sidious kandy ass if it weren't 4 that fact, also, Yoda's been around for over 800 years, and had more opportunities to learn how 2 use a lightsaber, Dooku is older than Sidious, and with the right training could probably best him as well.

Mace Windu's somewhat dubious victory over Sidious is a result of the fact that Mace Windu's fighting style- Vaapad- is specifically geared to fight dark siders (like peak RotS Anakin), and enables the user to gain some of his opponent's advantages. For example, Sidious was faster, more agile, and was overwhelming Mace in their initial competition; however, Mace used Vaapad's effects in order to gain Sidious' advantages, gaining a stalemate. Which brings us to Mace's next advantage; Shatterpoint. It allows one to detect the flaws within another being, and with it, Mace was able to get the upper hand.

In pure swordsmanship, Sidious > Mace. However, Mace's win in that fight was very much legit.

As for Obi-Wan? Nick Gillard outright says that Obi-Wan is the inferior of Yoda, Sidious, Mace, and even Anakin. He kept up with Anakin because he had perfect knowledge of Anakin's moves, psychological weaknesses, and because Anakin was unfocused and confused at the time.

Yoda? George Lucas says that Sidious and Yoda are equals. Their fight clearly shows them being evenly matched in both saber combat and force combat. There's no use arguing this point.

Dooku isn't half the force user Sidious is- Sidious' feats with the force, including nearly overpowering Yoda, the 'most devastatingly powerful foe the darkness had ever known', utilizing a ritual that clouded the minds of Jedi across the galaxy and summoned a lightning storm across Coruscant, being called a 'black hole in the force' by Dooku himself, decimating people with one-handed lightning is far above Dooku's capability. With a saber, it's closer, but Sidious is still faster, stronger, has better reflexes, and is more agile. Dooku cannot beat Sidious.

Diamond Kisses
Originally posted by Master Crimzon
Mace Windu's somewhat dubious victory over Sidious is a result of the fact that Mace Windu's fighting style- Vaapad- is specifically geared to fight dark siders (like peak RotS Anakin), and enables the user to gain some of his opponent's advantages. For example, Sidious was faster, more agile, and was overwhelming Mace in their initial competition; however, Mace used Vaapad's effects in order to gain Sidious' advantages, gaining a stalemate. Which brings us to Mace's next advantage; Shatterpoint. It allows one to detect the flaws within another being, and with it, Mace was able to get the upper hand.

In pure swordsmanship, Sidious > Mace. However, Mace's win in that fight was very much legit.

As for Obi-Wan? Nick Gillard outright says that Obi-Wan is the inferior of Yoda, Sidious, Mace, and even Anakin. He kept up with Anakin because he had perfect knowledge of Anakin's moves, psychological weaknesses, and because Anakin was unfocused and confused at the time.

Yoda? George Lucas says that Sidious and Yoda are equals. Their fight clearly shows them being evenly matched in both saber combat and force combat. There's no use arguing this point.

Dooku isn't half the force user Sidious is- Sidious' feats with the force, including nearly overpowering Yoda, the 'most devastatingly powerful foe the darkness had ever known', utilizing a ritual that clouded the minds of Jedi across the galaxy and summoned a lightning storm across Coruscant, being called a 'black hole in the force' by Dooku himself, decimating people with one-handed lightning is far above Dooku's capability. With a saber, it's closer, but Sidious is still faster, stronger, has better reflexes, and is more agile. Dooku cannot beat Sidious.

And that concludes the debate. Nothing more has to be said.

Gaevus Mesias
That still doesn't explain if Luke would best Anakin, I think he would

Diamond Kisses
That still doesn't explain if Luke would best Anakin, I think he would

NJO Luke shrug

Darth Subjekt
Which incarnation of each fighter?

Gaevus Mesias
The two both in their primes.

Gaevus Mesias
ranting

Diamond Kisses
The two both in their primes.

Originally posted by Diamond Kisses
NJO Luke shrug

Gaevus Mesias
But seriously dudes, Anakin could NEVER resist an entire colony of Force powers, he just isn't patient enough, as I've said before, he's whiny and bitchy and is just too emotionally wrecked.

Luke, on the other hand, is more seasoned and patient, and his patients pays off, as he is able to perform feats than not even Yoda could fathom.

Diamond Kisses
You write as if I disagreed hmm I said Luke.

Gaevus Mesias
shit nono

I was talking to people who disagree with us.

Master Crimzon
Well, NJO Luke would tool the shit out of RotS Anakin.

RotJ Luke would die a horrible, horrible death.

Diamond Kisses
shit nono

I was talking to people who disagree with us.

No one can possibly disagree no expression

Gaevus Mesias
ROTS Anakin was still able to beat Palpy, as he stated to Yoda that he would become 2x stronger than them both. Mace, ahh, wouldn't stand a chance against Anakin, Naga Sadow, or even Palpatine, as I said in previous posts (do I have 2 quote) that Palpatine was obviously playing his loss like a piano, "Oh, i can't hold it any longer" "Don't kill me, plz!" Palpatine would've used Mace as a toilet cleaner had he wanted to.

Master Crimzon
ROTS Anakin was still able to beat Palpy, as he stated to Yoda that he would become 2x stronger than them both. Mace, ahh, wouldn't stand a chance against Anakin, Naga Sadow, or even Palpatine, as I said in previous posts (do I have 2 quote) that Palpatine was obviously playing his loss like a piano, "Oh, i can't hold it any longer" "Don't kill me, plz!" Palpatine would've used Mace as a toilet cleaner had he wanted to.

Anakin, as of RotS, has a slight hope in beating Sidious in a saber duel. He'll be utterly destroyed in a force duel and in an all-out fight.

Gaevus Mesias
Yes, but Anakin was stronger, and when he focused, he would probably crack his henzock head into the ground. If Anakin had slightly more time than ROTS, maybe he would've increased and beaten Palpatine and even Yoda.

Master Crimzon
Yeah, Anakin could've become more powerful than Sidious and Yoda (who are equals). But he never did.

Gaevus Mesias
That's my equasion.

Anakin about 3 years after ROTS

vs.

Luke about 14 years after ROTJ.

Faunus
Dooku isn't half the force user Sidious is-He's definitely at least half.
Who did he decimate with one-handed lightning? I remember Dooku doing that to, off the top of my head, Anakin, Sora, and Quinlan Vos, and I'm sure there're more. With two-handed lightning, we have a room full of Kiffar or whatever they're called, Ventress, and others that I'm drawing a blank on.
Puh-leez. The Count's physique was akin to that of someone half his age (putting him at a 'Real Age' of 41), he blocked two overhand strikes (Obi-Wan one hand, Anakin Skywalker using two) at the same time with one hand, and he kicked Anakin several meters through the air without even looking at him.

Sidious, meanwhile, has a body so broken by his usage of the Dark side (see Sithisis and anything post-Windu) that he needs the Force to function efficiently, and the RotS novel notes him to be a "very tired, very old man" after his duel with Yoda. Plus, Dooku has about nine inches in height on his master and a notably broader build. Safe to say, Palps doesn't even approach Dooku in physical strength.

That said, due to all the other advantages, Sidious would make short work of his apprentice in a balls-out fight. I was just being nitpicky cuz I can.
Bullshit. Sorry. Anakin wouldn't have a prayer against Sidious or Yoda in a duel, because they're more skilled, vastly more powerful, and too damn fast for him to touch.

You're also lying, because Anakin never stated he'd become '2x' as powerful as Yoda - George Lucas (big difference) said that given time, Vader could have become twice as powerful as Sidious. Not to mention that you'd be a fool to take Anakin's perspective on power at face value.
If "wouldn't stand a chance" means "would defeat almost doubtlessly" you'd be right.
Proof.
Except your wrong, and apparently blind, deaf, and daft because Mace put Palpatine on his ass, fair and square, in the movie and the book. Lucas states that Mace 'overpowered' Palpatine, and his word is truth, as stupid as it can sometimes be.

Vaapad + shatterpoint = Win. Deal with it.

Btw, welcome to KMC. I'm Faunus. I can come off as crude, vulgar, and generally obnoxious, but that's only if you can read.

Enyalus
Actually, on Mustafar Anakin says, "I'm more powerful than he is. I can overthrow him."

Whether that's Anakin's spin on things or in fact the truth, is up for debate.

EDIT: As far as the theoretical Anakin 3 years after ROTS (assuming he isn't damaged from his Mustafar battle) vs. Luke 14 years after ROTJ, my opinion is that Anakin brutally sodomizes him with the hilt of his lightsaber. stick out tongue Anakin was a much better and formally trained duelist who has equal force potential. Not to mention that all evidence in the mythos (with the exception of Revan) points to Dark Siders being inherently more powerful than Lightsiders. Case in point, Count Dooku - who was more powerful after turning to the Dark Side. Exar Kun, same thing. Caedus, anyone? There are more examples others can think of, I'm sure.

Also, Anakin is absolutely merciless, with none of the moral qualms of absolutely destroying Luke. Darth Vader without injuries, given a few years to learn from Sidious after ROTS, would outright destroy anyone.

Faunus
Anakin lies. He also notes Obi-Wan (in AotC, mind you) to be "as wise as Master Yoda, and as powerful as Master Windu."

Diamond Kisses
Originally posted by Enyalus
Actually, on Mustafar Anakin says, "I'm more powerful than he is. I can overthrow him."

Whether that's Anakin's spin on things or in fact the truth, is up for debate.

Anakin is overconfident on Mustafar. The opposite can't even be debated. It's so obvious it's silly.

Enyalus
Originally posted by Faunus
Anakin lies. He also notes Obi-Wan (in AotC, mind you) to be "as wise as Master Yoda, and as powerful as Master Windu."

Qui-Gon mentions that Obi-Wan is also exceptionally wise. And he does show remarkable foresight by stating that Anakin is dangerous, along with sensing something unusual while aboard the Trade Federation ship. Clearly, he's very wise.

Also, we know that Mace Windu wasn't too accomplished with the Force, and preferred developing his saber skills. *shrugs* He never says that Obi-Wan would be able to defeat Mace or Yoda, as his stance with Sidious indicates.

Also, I edited my former post to include more detail.

Gaevus Mesias
damnbangin that did a number on my arse. But apparantly, Exar Kun (my altime fav) just informed me that Anakin just a couple of years after ROTS could probably have some hope of clipping Palpatine up the ass. Also, if Yoda is equal to Sidious, then that would mean Mace is more powerful, cause if I'm right, Yoda=Sidious, Mace>Sidious. Bluh disgust

Gaevus Mesias
Mwahahah, I'm sure Exar Kun could just Force Fly over them and see how the battle's going.

Exar: "How's the battle going guyz?"
ROTJ Luke: death
NJO Luke: "My father is stronger than I thought, he nearly clubbed my ass"
EU Luke: "WHAHAHAHA!!"
ROTS Anakin: death
Older Anakin (no injuries): "WHAHAHAH!!"

Gideon
Everything Faunus said has the virtue of being correct. He is only wrong when I disagree with him.

Gaevus Mesias
I know one thing 4 sure, me, Sith Maurader Gaevus Mesias, I practice Lightsaber Form III: Soresu and my power lvl. Exar Kun=Me power lvl.

Gaevus Mesias
Sidious even told Yoda that Anakin would become 2x more powerful if it wasn't for those injuries that made him look like a mixture of Kane and and burnt up piece of bacon.

This IS verbatum:

"You won't stop me, Darth Vader will become more powerful than EITHER OF US." Sidious said this to Yoda in their duel in Ep.3

Enyalus
Right...where does he say 'twice as powerful'?

Gaevus Mesias
Palpatine didn't say it, WOOKIEPEDIA said it, read it urself dude!! closedeyes

Enyalus
Oh. Yes, my mistake. I see the light! Wookieepedia, damn. I should have thought of looking there before making points to my arguments.

*sigh* If only I had better sources. Like the DVDs. Or novels...yeah, those would be helpful.

Gaevus Mesias
It's okay Enyalus, I've made those mistakes when I was a noob in Star Wars.

Gaevus Mesias
chair that's what would happen to Anakin in ROTS if he fought NJO Luke, seriously.

Faunus
You either practice the most subtle sarcasm ever or you're a complete moron.
Which you can't do, by virtue of our P.A.C.T.

Gaevus Mesias
Well, I know this, Palpatine was said to have practiced Sith Alchemistry, or whatever. If Anakin had learned all that earlier than him, he would've fried Palpatine and Count Dracula (Dooku) at the same time.

Faunus
Who cares, really?

Darth Subjekt
Ok, so whats the point of this thread? You have who you think would win, you're telling everyone they're dumb basically, and saying completely false things. And Sith Alchemistry? Ok...

Look, if Anakin had reached his potential, he would have become, unequivocally, the most powerful force user ever, which would equate to about "twice" as much as Sidious, as per GL. Now just because Luke "could become what his father didn't," that is, the most powerful force user, that doesn't mean that Luke would be as powerful as Anakin at his full potential. But we don't know what his FP would be, cause obviously, he never got the chance to reach it. But in this case, Luke smashes Pops.

DarkSerpent
both whiny bitches in their 1st 2 respective movies but anakin didnt commit incest...
and luke and leia acted like they weren't sorry ugh

Enyalus
I don't ever recall Luke tappin' Leia's ass, but if so...god. I'm jealous on so many levels.

Faunus
You would enjoy having sex with your sister? Are you an only child or something?

Darth Subjekt
No, candyland is just a town in Kentucky. smile

DarkSerpent
Originally posted by Darth Subjekt
No, candyland is just a town in Kentucky. smile i actually defecated in a candyland set box thing left it there a week later m two lil bro opened it and just ****ing puked

Gideon
You either practice the most subtle sarcasm ever or you're a complete moron.
Which you can't do, by virtue of our P.A.C.T.

WRONG!

DarkSerpent
Originally posted by Gideon
WRONG! Kevin Spacey has what to do with this

Faunus
1) Your nasty. Nasty 'gross' nasty, not nasty 'lol sick' nasty.

2) Lex Luthor owns you.

Edit: Phuck, I didn't notice Escape's post. Slimy BASTARD!

*drops off on island with helicopter (no gas), three coconuts, and a Pomeranian*

That's right jackass, you don't get the hot chick.

Darth Subjekt
Thinking of K-Pax possibly.... ?

DarkSerpent
1) Your nasty. Nasty 'gross' nasty, not nasty 'lol sick' nasty.

2) Lex Luthor owns you. more like caligula-esque sexual depravity

Faunus
You wouldn't characterize Caligula as nasty?

DarkSerpent
You wouldn't characterize Caligula as nasty? omnisexuality is not nasty... it is filthy! l sounds fun but i'm not a crazy SEX DEVIANT!!!

Blax_Hydralisk
YOUR NONSENSICAL SHENANIGANS ARE BOTH FRIGHTENING AND SLIGHTLY AROUSING IN A DONN KNOTS SORT OF WAY.

DarkSerpent
Anakin is cooler cuz slaghter kids like mike jackson molest them...

Blax_Hydralisk
Originally posted by Advent
It's likely not meant to be taken in a literal context; rather Visas is trying to convey the ease of which he can execute his power.

The Exile's nature is that she, like Nihilus, is a wound in the Force. We saw what happened when he attempted to sap her with his Force drain. He was weakened, just like if you choose to sacrifice Visas to further devitalize him due to the Force bond.

Only when he focuses his hunger; otherwise he just gradually depletes their essence.

Why would the ship crumble just because Nihilus died? I see no reason why it should. He was only holding it together insomuch that it would've been impossible to function properly otherwise. Canderous mentions as much and Tobin pretty much confirms it.

Tobin says,

"He holds it together. And he keeps us all alive, just enough, like rotworms in a dying beast."

Then you have Mandalore mentioning that,

" is barely holding itself together. The structural damage should have destroyed it long ago."

And before you mention anything regarding their fallibility, there's no reason to assume they were misinformed/making shit up as there was nothing to gain from doing so. Not to mention, Tobin was the one on the freakin' ship; it's safe to say he knew well enough about the situation considering his dialogue and position.

Darth Subjekt
That was so awesome. Seriously. no expression

DarkSerpent
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
why... just why

Tangible God
I know one thing 4 sure, me, Sith Maurader Gaevus Mesias, I practice Lightsaber Form III: Soresu and my power lvl. Exar Kun=Me power lvl. If I remember right, you're older than Gideon, but about 1/19 his level of intelligence. And about 19 times more annoying.

Enyalus
You would enjoy having sex with your sister? Are you an only child or something?

No, but my sister is a very attractive 16 yr old.

Besides, if she looked like a young Carrie Fisher, you're damn right I would.

DarkSerpent
hehehehe... just dont tell anybody

sweersa

Besides, if she looked like a young Carrie Fisher, you're damn right I would.

Woah, you sound worse than me. Maybe I should hook you up with some of my doctors. They really helped me.

Darth Subjekt
Originally posted by sweersa
Woah, you sound worse than me. Maybe I should hook you up with some of my doctors. They really helped me. I think you should ask for a refund.

DarkSerpent
Originally posted by sweersa
Woah, you sound worse than me. Maybe I should hook you up with some of my doctors. They really helped me. well if hes from arkansas then dont even try otherwise let him cont.

Faunus

Besides, if she looked like a young Carrie Fisher, you're damn right I would.Are you older or younger than your fake hot sister?

Enyalus
I wasn't making any of that up...

And my age is in my profile.

Schwarzenegger
I wasn't making any of that up...

And my age is in my profile. That is believable seeing that your one of the more intelligent people on these forums(In my opinion at least).

Just ignore the fool known as nebaris(right now he is taven).

Captain REX
Okay, done with that conversation. Incest is disgusting and I'm not permitting it for discussion.

Master Crimzon
He's definitely at least half.

Sure he is. I was just using that state a point.

Who did he decimate with one-handed lightning? I remember Dooku doing that to, off the top of my head, Anakin, Sora, and Quinlan Vos, and I'm sure there're more. With two-handed lightning, we have a room full of Kiffar or whatever they're called, Ventress, and others that I'm drawing a blank on.

The Sith Acolytes in the the comic where Maul and Vader fought.

And if we really want to gauge the difference of their lightning, Sidious- with one-handed gout of lightning (although he later switched it to two hands)- nearly overwhelmed and disarmed Yoda, while Dooku's lightning was blocked by Yoda effortlessly. Sidious was also referred to as a 'black hole in the force', and has feats of TK- like the wielding of the three heavy pods simultaneously, with ease- that seem to be above Dooku's, if memory serves.

Puh-leez. The Count's physique was akin to that of someone half his age (putting him at a 'Real Age' of 41), he blocked two overhand strikes (Obi-Wan one hand, Anakin Skywalker using two) at the same time with one hand, and he kicked Anakin several meters through the air without even looking at him.

Sidious, meanwhile, has a body so broken by his usage of the Dark side (see Sithisis and anything post-Windu) that he needs the Force to function efficiently, and the RotS novel notes him to be a "very tired, very old man" after his duel with Yoda. Plus, Dooku has about nine inches in height on his master and a notably broader build. Safe to say, Palps doesn't even approach Dooku in physical strength.

With the force- in which Sidious' capacity is well above Dooku's- Sidious can, and will empower himself to a far greater extent than Dooku can. In natural physical combat, Dooku is far stronger than Sidious and, for that matter, Yoda. However, I believe the AotC novel states that Yoda was tearing through Dooku's defenses, forcing him to use two hands to block his attacks- thanks to force empowerment. Any reason why Sidious shouldn't do the same?

That said, due to all the other advantages, Sidious would make short work of his apprentice in a balls-out fight. I was just being nitpicky cuz I can.

You little nitpick. Is that even a word?

Gaevus Mesias
Luke WOULD be as powerful as an uninjured Anakin would've been, but since probably couldn't achieve force powerz that Luke had simply due to temperamental. As I said in previous posts, Luke is much more patient than Anakin, and with his patience, he achieved many things.

Anakin is powerful, but he's too overconfident, and in time, just like his Mustafar duel, he'd make a mistake, and get dismembered, lying on the ground in a misshapen pile of shit

Darth Subjekt
You can't prove that and it'd be ridiculous to try. Luke was impatient too when we first saw him, but two films and countless books later, authors have given him a plethora of attributes, one being patience.

Faunus
Sure he is. I was just using that state a point.Pfft. Liar.
I don't know how you guage "effortlessly," since in one case it was a brief burst of one-handed lightning from forty or fifty feet away that did push his hand back as he stopped and redirected it with a notable look of exertion on his face (when he's on solid ground), and the other is a burst of one-handed lightning at point-blank range that hits his lightsaber when he's on the edge of a metal pod, forcing him to then grab onto it with his feet as another blast of full-power lightning comes his way.

And don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that Dooku could compete with Sidious on any real level as far as Force power is concerned - especially in the lightning department - but he's far from pathetic in comparison.
Dooku brings down ceilings like it's his job (Yoda, Tholme), and was regarded as "a master of telekinesis" or something of the sort during his time as a Jedi Master. He certainly has displayed more intricate and developed kinetic techniques, such as choking Quinlan Vos, lifting him into the air, and pulling away his lightsaber in one motion while lying down.

But again, don't misunderstand me.
Quote?
I'm not ruling it out, but again, Dooku has demonstrated superior physical strength even against opponents half and a quarter his age. And it's not like Dooku can't increase augment his strength with his own considerable reserves of Force power.
Yeah, but I've never seen it used as a noun.

Now change your avatar.

Do it.

Gaevus Mesias
I know one thing, if NJO Luke is sooo powrful, let's see him try and fight the ancient Sith Lords, Marka Ragnos, Exar Kun, Naga Sadow, Ludo Kreesh. They'll all decimate even Sidious. But Anakin and Luke both respectively in their primes could have some hope of beating them in an all out fight. Tulak Hord would pwn them all.

Darth Subjekt
Sorry, but you're wrong yet again. Sidious is the most powerful Sith Lord ever. So no, they couldn't decimate Sidious. And Luke, well, he's more powerful than Sidious, so there goes them beating Luke.

And Ragnos... give us some of his feats. Tell us intricate details as to why you think he's sooo powerful.

Both Anakin and Luke, at their full potential, could destroy anyone. Especially Anakin, were he to reach his full potential.

Gaevus Mesias
Sry, dude, you can't go unchallenged for 100 years like Ragnos and be called weaker than Sidious, dude, if Sidious is soo strong, how come people're saying that Mace planted him on his ass? I personally believe that Anakin and Luke in their primes could decimate anyone in an all-out duel. But in a Lightsaber duel, they'd probably loose.

As Kreia herself said;

"If you were to face an ancient Sith in Lightsaber combat, you'd know that we are as children playing with toys compared to the prowess of the old masters."

Master Crimzon
Pfft. Liar.

Ur mom.

I don't know how you guage "effortlessly," since in one case it was a brief burst of one-handed lightning from forty or fifty feet away that did push his hand back as he stopped and redirected it with a notable look of exertion on his face (when he's on solid ground), and the other is a burst of one-handed lightning at point-blank range that hits his lightsaber when he's on the edge of a metal pod, forcing him to then grab onto it with his feet as another blast of full-power lightning comes his way.

Even with that being said- which I disagree with, considering that Yoda had a few seconds to hold, show off his lightsaber, and get into a battle stance (he already experienced Sidious' lightning, ergo, he was prepared something like it)- Sidious, throwing his lightning at Yoda from a distance similar to Dooku, threw Yoda on his ass and knocked him out for a few seconds, despite Yoda raising his hand to block the attack (and failing epically).

Dooku's lightning also barely fazed Obi-Wan; Sidious' lightning, while being thrown from an inferior position, was sufficient to make Mace Windu, a highly physically conditioned being who leaves people like Obi-Wan in the dust, and has the added advantage of Vaapad, 'choke on ozone' and get overwhelmed by the force of Sidious' lightning.

And don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that Dooku could compete with Sidious on any real level as far as Force power is concerned - especially in the lightning department - but he's far from pathetic in comparison.

'Pathetic in comparison'? Nah. But I don't think Sidious will have to exert any truly serious effort in order to defeat Dooku in a force fight.
Dooku brings down ceilings like it's his job (Yoda, Tholme), and was regarded as "a master of telekinesis" or something of the sort during his time as a Jedi Master. He certainly has displayed more intricate and developed kinetic techniques, such as choking Quinlan Vos, lifting him into the air, and pulling away his lightsaber in one motion while lying down.

Still, Sidious- using only one hand, mind you- could levitate three heavy pods (after ripping them from strong, metallic bonds with sheer force power) and throw them at Yoda without any real- and apparent- effort. Count Dooku evidently had to concentrate when bringing down the ceiling on Yoda, and moved that weird thingy at Yoda in a speed considerably less than the speed at which Sidious threw his pods.

But again, don't misunderstand me.

I won't.

Quote?

"Dooku held strong, though, his red blade parrying brilliantly, each block backed by the power of the Force, or else Yoda's strikes would have driven right through."

I didn't remember it the exact way it was, but evidently, Dooku's natural strength was not sufficient to counter Yoda's force-enhanced power, and clearly had difficulty actually blocking the strikes.

I'm not ruling it out, but again, Dooku has demonstrated superior physical strength even against opponents half and a quarter his age. And it's not like Dooku can't increase augment his strength with his own considerable reserves of Force power.

Well, this is from the RotS novel:

"Dooku felt himself blanch. Where had this come from? Skywalker came on, mechanically inexorable, impossibly powerful, a destroyer droid with a lightsaber: each step a blow and each blow a step. Dooku backed away as fast as he dared; Skywalker stayed right on top of him. Dooku's breath went short and hard. He no longer tried to block Skywalker's strikes but only to guide them slanting away; he could not meet Skywalker strength-to-strength-not only did the boy wield tremendous reserves of Force energy, but his sheer physical power was astonishing-"

Clearly, Anakin was outclassing Dooku in terms of strength, causing Dooku to quickly tire out. Palpatine doesn't have Anakin's strength, of course, but he could, with superior force power, logically have superior strength to Dooku's in combat.

Will it matter, though? Maybe, maybe not. I can't really tell.

Yeah, but I've never seen it used as a noun.

You have now.

Now change your avatar.

Do it.

Never.

And I thought my jokes were bad.

Darth Subjekt
Sry, dude, you can't go unchallenged for 100 years like Ragnos and be called weaker than Sidious, dude, if Sidious is soo strong, how come people're saying that Mace planted him on his ass? I personally believe that Anakin and Luke in their primes could decimate anyone in an all-out duel. But in a Lightsaber duel, they'd probably loose.

As Kreia herself said;

"If you were to face an ancient Sith in Lightsaber combat, you'd know that we are as children playing with toys compared to the prowess of the old masters." You can't argue against canon, so your opinion of Ragnos and Sidious, doesn't really mean shit. Sidious is the end all be all of Sith lords, and nothing, other than the word of George Lucas, can change that.

Also, Kriea is a fallible source. If we took everyone's word at face value, then everyone would be the most powerful by someone's account.

Gideon

You're comparing apples and oranges. Marka Ragnos ruled for a century over a so-called 'empire' that was actually a small collection of backwater planets and territories because he actively feared contact with the Republic. Meanwhile, Palpatine ruled as Galactic Emperor after destroying that very same Republic, decimating the Jedi Order, and replacing it with "the most powerful tyrannical regime in history" (the Galactic Empire would crush Ragnos's ancient Sith 'empire' ). Not only did he rule the galaxy for two decades, but upon his death, he was reincarnated and conquered it again in less than a year.

Moreover, Palpatine's power was capable of blunting the senses of the entire Jedi Order, meriting the birth of a Chosen One to restore balance to the Force, and reducing fleets of ships capable of resisting gigatons of damage to their base particles. That is in far excess of what Ragnos has done.

You say Kreia herself as if she's some sort of source. She's a demented, fallible third party. She's not omniscient nor is she a canon source. Her opinions, stand alone, mean nothing.

Gaevus Mesias
Kreia IS actually very powerful hrself, though we're off subject.

Now, new scenario

1st Corelian Insurrection
vs.
Uninjured, 5 yrs after ROTS Anakin

Darth Subjekt
For the last time, we have no idea what Anakin would be like at any specific time after RoTS! His progression is unknown. Why is that so hard to understand? Seriously. All we know is that he could have been the most powerful ever. That didn't happen though, did it?

Gaevus Mesias
kk then, case closed.

Faunus
As should be this thread.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.