Delph's League of Champions Draft Thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

illadelph12
Good luck to all competitors:

GO!!!

Blair Wind
Blair and Smurph:
Nimrod = 30 points
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nimrod_(comics)
Hawkman = 20 points
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hawkman

Charlotte DeBel
Emma Frost- http://www.uncannyxmen.net/db/spotlight/showquestion.asp?faq=10&fldAuto=69 30 pt
Miss Martian- http://en.dcdatabaseproject.com/M%27gann_M%27orzz_%28New_Earth%29 30 pt

Scoobless
Scoob & Leo draft

The Mandarin - 30 points

&

Spiral - 30 points

smile

(my clock still reads 5:59 BTW)

illadelph12
Hmm, site is a minute behind my PC...

AlmightyKfish
Abomination- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abomination_(comics) - 30 pts

Jean Grey - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jean_Grey - 30 pts

leonidas
Scoob & Leo draft

The Mandarin

&

Spiral

smile

was i first??

Scoobless
Originally posted by leonidas
was i first??

What do you think?

wink

illadelph12
Scoob already got your picks in. You're good. So far all picks are locked and no one has the same characters.

I wonder where Digi is?

King Kandy
Spawn (third age) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spawn_(comics) - 30

Classic Cable - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cable_(comics) 25

fangirl101
Power Pax -25 points -

http://en.marveldatabase.com/Alexander_Power_(Earth-616)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alex_Power

Judo Master - 10 points- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judo_master

I hope I did this right.

id369
NVM

leonidas
Originally posted by Scoobless
What do you think?

wink

doh

Scoobless
doh

We probably should have waited a little longer ... looks like the only double draft was Cable and I'm not convinced that classic (TP/TK) Cable should be in this level anyway.

leonidas
so . . . is digi the only one left? confused

Scoobless
so . . . is digi the only one left? confused

He's not logged in just now ... ermm

illadelph12
Originally posted by King Kandy
Spawn (third age) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spawn_(comics) - 30

Classic Cable - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cable_(comics) 25

A clarification on Spawn:

Whether that is the actual proper age designation is in dispute, but Kandy and Id3 have the semi depowered Spawn and it has been cleared.

leonidas
but digi is the only one left? i lost track of who exactly is in this thing . . .

and . . . can't we just give digi spidey/minion and be on with the next rd?? evil face

id369

illadelph12
Classic Cable meaning with TO Virus/Cable & The New Mutants era.

id369
Classic Cable with the T.O.

id369
Classic Cable with the T.O. As in Cable operating with low level of TP/TK because the T.O. is inhibiting its mutagentic powers. As seen right before Cable and Deadpool/Soldier X series.

Is that permissible?

Scoobless
Originally posted by illadelph12
Classic Cable meaning with TO Virus/Cable & The New Mutants era.

Hmmm ... the TO virus never actually lowered his power though, it just made him use it to fight the virus ... at any point he could choose to stop fighting the virus and whip out the Nate Grey level power (which he did once or twice) only to go back to fighting it again after he was done.

And Nate Grey powers are in the mid herald range.

fangirl101
Hmmm ... the TO virus never actually lowered his power though, it just made him use it to fight the virus ... at any point he could choose to stop fighting the virus and whip out the Nate Grey level power (which he did once or twice) only to go back to fighting it again after he was done.

classic Cable letting lose would totally mess up his body.

id369

I disagree, even when he let loose his powers it never reached Nate Grey levels, in fact their is a loophole since he was becoming stronger for no apparent reason in his match with Nate. That and right after, he would fall victim to T.O. spreading.

I can post the scans, and reference issues if you like.

illadelph12
Please keep disputes in the discussion thread. Thanks.

Scoobless
Originally posted by fangirl101
classic Cable letting lose would totally mess up his body.

But he has done it on occasion. Which puts his power level, without meshing him, above the high meta tier.

Please keep disputes in the discussion thread. Thanks.

'k

fangirl101
Ok I have to get my hair done. I hope I make it back in time for draft round two.

illadelph12
Mod, please pin this thread. Thanks.

Scoobless
Can't believe Digi hasn't shown up yet ... he probably got in an argument at the comic store over what was worse, OMD or the clone saga.

stick out tongue

leonidas
Can't believe Digi hasn't shown up yet ... he probably got in an argument at the comic store over what was worse, OMD or the clone saga.

stick out tongue

maybe i shouldn't have told him the draft time changed to 4pm PST . . .?

shifty

Newjak
maybe i shouldn't have told him the draft time changed to 4pm PST . . .?

shifty You Dirty Drafting Son of mad

I think you should forfeit two drafts just for that hmm

Scoobless
Didn't Digi tell any of you Judges who he was going to draft? can't you post them as his proxy?

leonidas
i just saw him logged on . . .

DigiMark007
Last I was on last night before bed, ill had said he was moving the draft to next Saturday, pending a couple more approvals. He received several, as well as endorsements from those who wanted to continue to recruit.

As it is, I was going to be here at 1 had I known, and at least 1 of my first-rounders is already gone, and another I was considering.

I dunno ill, you do so many things well, and then occasionally I'm just baffled by the decision process. You'd think that given weeks to solidify everything, we could establish a definite draft time...especially with the people who are on every single day and involved in the process.

erm

Blair Wind
He gave a post stating it would be today, even though he wanted more numbers because he had already stated that would be the time.

But, if only one person got taken, you still have last pick and first pick next round. You're smart and Im sure can come back from this slight handicap.

illadelph12
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Last I was on last night before bed, ill had said he was moving the draft to next Saturday, pending a couple more approvals. He received several, as well as endorsements from those who wanted to continue to recruit.

As it is, I was going to be here at 1 had I known, and at least 1 of my first-rounders is already gone, and another I was considering.

I dunno ill, you do so many things well, and then occasionally I'm just baffled by the decision process. You'd think that given weeks to solidify everything, we could establish a definite draft time...especially with the people who are on every single day and involved in the process.

erm

I stated last night at 8:17p PST that the drafts would be going forward today as planned in the discussion thread after you and leo had asked me to give a definitive answer, I never stated I was pushing it back, I just stated I was leaning towards that decision to give us more time to recruit more participants. I also stated that if we got more participants within the following 3 hours (which we did) that the drafts would go on as scheduled:

Hmm...

I'm leaning towards pushing the draft back to next Saturday (8/30) if we can't get 3 more combatants within the next 3 hours. I'd rather not have the draft during the week as people have jobs/school. I also want to make sure that this change is good for everyone's schedule. The drafts have been scheduled for tomorrow for a while now and I'm pretty sure people had to shuffle their plans for it. I'd rather not further the inconvenience without at least checking with them first. I want to hear from Leo, Charlotte, etc to make sure that works for them as well.

*edit

How is everyone's schedule for Sunday?

I'm a little confused by the tone of your post. I've stated for at least 2 weeks now that the drafts were taking place at 10am on August 23rd. The only reasons why I considered pushing things back was due to last minute, unforeseen participant re-alignments (Scoob and Leo teaming up rather than solo, Smurph and Blair Teaming up and scrapping the two teams they were on, and Batdude and Goobs exits dropped us from 8 teams to 5) and then the hurricane issue. I've been very consistent and as accommodating as I could be to everyone's needs while keeping this thing as structured as possible. I'm sorry if there was a miscommunication at some point, but everyone else was on the same page, and I've made myself very accessible during this entire process. I'm sorry you've wound up on the short end. It was by no means intentional.

Scoobless
I'm sorry you've wound up on the short end. It was by no means intentional.

Yeah, shame Digi missed the message, but at least he'll get to take any 4 characters he wants in a row now.

leonidas
and there are still LOADS of great characters left to choose. yes

AlmightyKfish
When do second round draft's start?

leonidas
3:00 EST

DigiMark007
So lemme get this straight. I stayed up until 11 last night waiting for confirmation one way or another, later than I wanted due to an absurdly early wake-up for plans that I had to either cancel or confirm that night (again, calling far later than I should have, as I woke my friends up) just to wait for your last second decision? I also had time to check my PM box briefly this morning because I had repeatedly asked for some sort of word so that I could plan accordingly. Not sure what I would have done at that point, since my day was set, but at least the gesture would've been nice. So at that point I had to make my best guess, which is ridiculous given the time we've had to plan this.

We had f*cking weeks ill. You osccillated until mere hours before the draft to make a decision. You said it yourself: we all have lives outside KMC. No one should have to assume anything, or guess, or put aside their life while waiting for a hair-trigger last minute decision from a tourney host.

Maybe I should've assumed differently. Maybe some of it is on me. But I shouldn't have needed to assume anything, which is the main point, and that falls squarely on you.

Contrary to what my position might imply, I know a lot of general info about comics, but am not well-versed on numerous characters. A few of my own, plus whatever I can find in the respect threads. I don't have the encyclopedic knowledge of characters, or of obscure characters, that many in this tourney have. My tournament prep is laced with heavy research, this time including 50+ dollars on comics for characters who I was taking, though who now adorn others' teams. I don't say this to engender sympathy, since I love tourneys and don't mind the effort and money...but it's to explain my position. In my solo tourneys, and even occasionally in partner ones, I've drafted literally within seconds of the thread opening because I don't have a backup, or a backup to the backup. I'm not that good. I need who I target or I'm f*cked.

So yes, as leo said, there's loads of good picks left. I know of a lot of them, but have little to no specific info/scans on most, and no coherent overarching plan with any of them. And I doubt you guys have the time or patience for me to work another plan up from ground zero, nor do I have the inclination to do so.

Give me a day or so. I assume everyone can wait that long without b*tching too much. I'm probably done, but will still compete if I have something viable. It's not dropping out because I went emo after not getting my picks. It's because I'm honest about my chances, and won't compete unless I think I can win, because I could draft some decent people and have a good showing, but I won't serve as a placeholder knowing that I can't win.

Scoobless
Give me a day or so. I assume everyone can wait that long

That's fine with me.

AlmightyKfish
I'm ok with that.

leonidas
sure . . .

illadelph12
I'm sorry, but I believe you are misrepresenting the situation Digi. It has been stated for weeks that the drafts would take place today (August 23rd) at 10:00a. If you'd like I'll even find and quote my past posts in regards to the draft. The proposed changes which were stated yesterday were due to last minute changes by participants (I was under the impression Leo and Scoob were competing solo and they wound up as teammates, Smurph and B-Dub joined up and disbanded their former teams which meant another team was lost, etc), which dropped our ranks to 5 teams. I clearly stated yesterday that I would push the draft back if we did not have more people join within 3 hours of my post, and that I did not want to push it back without confirming with everyone that such a change was ok. I also, if you'll recall, created the proxy draft system to accommodate participants that would not be able to make it on draft day. Then yesterday evening Leonidas and yourself pressed my for a definitive answer, which I stated last night at 8:17pm PST would be to carry on as originally scheduled. The drafts were always scheduled to take place today, and everyone else was aware of this fact and on the same page as well.

I can appreciate your frustration, but it's misdirected. I've been very accommodating, structured, and reasonable through this entire process, and will continue to act as such.

Now, I'll take the tone of your last couple posts and simply disregard it because I understand you are angry and, as an adult, I have the ability to see things through someone else's eyes. However, you also need to appreciate the fact that this tournament involves multiple people and miscommunication is simply par for the course and unintentional, at least on my part.

In regards to postponing the continuation of this draft until tomorrow, however, I'll have to see what the consensus is on that. As I've been doing before, I'm trying to accommodate everyone's schedules, but B-Dub was able to find the time to log on today in order to draft. I'm not sure of everyone's availability for tomorrow.

leonidas
so far me/scoob, id/kk, and kfish have no problem with finishing this tomorrow at 10 EST. anyone else?

bw/smurph?
cdb?
fangirl?

any one of you have a problem with finishing tomorrow?

DigiMark007
Unintentional, of course. Avoidable, certainly. It was clearly a very real possibility that they were getting moved, and that they were not was announced with so little time before the drafts as to make it a crap shoot for anyone with other responsibilities.

Like I said before, the incorrect assumption is on me. But the fact that I had to guess in the first place is on you. Given the amount of work we have to put into these things, the fact that we're not being PMd of every big decision is a wonder....though i'd settle for knowing a day in advance. I don't think I ask for too much.

Weeks ill, and I'm on every freaking day, and specifically asked for confirmation. My apologies, however, that I wasn't able to be on when you decided upon it....clearly I should have known that in an extra 17 minutes after my departure you would enlighten us.

My frustration isn't misdirected. It's directed exactly where it should be: at a sloppy sequence of events that I had no control over, despite every attempt to figure it out.

Blair Wind
so far me/scoob, id/kk, and kfish have no problem with finishing this tomorrow at 10 EST. anyone else?

bw/smurph?
cdb?
fangirl?

Ill be in a car driving on my way to college during that time. I already rented a van, and am going tomorrow.

illadelph12

bw/smurph?
cdb?
fangirl?

Actually, that would be 10A PST, as I am in California. 10a PST is 7a PST.

fangirl101
Can I just PM my draft picks if we move it to tomorrow? I'll be going to church and then heading to detroit to see my girls for the day. I don't have any problem waiting if we can just pm our pics. I'm almost sure than No one will ever pick any of my picks anyway.

Scoobless
Can I just PM my draft picks if we move it to tomorrow? I'll be going to church and then heading to detroit to see my girls for the day. I don't have any problem waiting if we can just pm our pics. I'm almost sure than No one will ever pick any of my picks anyway.

That shouldn't be any problem given the fact that the drafts have to go in a specific order anyway ... though I would add an amendment to say "if character A is no longer available, replace him with 'X'" ... maybe even leave a couple of subs and the order they should be considered in to keep it as accurate as possible.

fangirl101
That shouldn't be any problem given the fact that the drafts have to go in a specific order anyway ... though I would add an amendment to say "if character A is no longer available, replace him with 'X'" ... maybe even leave a couple of subs and the order they should be considered in to keep it as accurate as possible.
Ok. I'm still fuming over Miss Martian in this tourney. But I'll just have to pick a trick or two along the draft lines. laughing

illadelph12
Unintentional, of course. Avoidable, certainly. It was clearly a very real possibility that they were getting moved, and that they were not was announced with so little time before the drafts as to make it a crap shoot for anyone with other responsibilities.

Like I said before, the incorrect assumption is on me. But the fact that I had to guess in the first place is on you. Given the amount of work we have to put into these things, the fact that we're not being PMd of every big decision is a wonder....though i'd settle for knowing a day in advance. I don't think I ask for too much.

Weeks ill, and I'm on every freaking day, and specifically asked for confirmation. My apologies, however, that I wasn't able to be on when you decided upon it....clearly I should have known that in an extra 17 minutes after my departure you would enlighten us.

My frustration isn't misdirected. It's directed exactly where it should be: at a sloppy sequence of events that I had no control over, despite every attempt to figure it out.

With all due respect, you're completely incorrect Digi. The drafts have been scheduled for tomorrow since August 7th. Here's the page of the thread where it was stated:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=488789&pagenumber=29
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=488789&pagenumber=30

Here's my original post:

How does 10:00a PST on August 23rd sound for a start to the draft?

Here's your reply (on the same day and page) to my post:

8-23, that's a Saturday. Should work nicely for me. Are we doing a set time, or will it be unannounced?

That was two weeks ago. Nothing had changed until people voiced scheduling conflicts yesterday and our participant numbers had dwindled, and even with those unforeseen hurdles occurring, the situation was remedied and things have progressed on schedule and near seamlessly. I never stated that the drafts were pushed back until next Saturday, I stated that unless we could find 3 more participants within the following 3 hours of my post that I was leaning towards pushing it back, but I would not push it back unless I was sure it would not cause scheduling issues for everyone. Here's the original post. I'm no longer a Mod so I can't edit it:

Hmm...

I'm leaning towards pushing the draft back to next Saturday (8/30) if we can't get 3 more combatants within the next 3 hours. I'd rather not have the draft during the week as people have jobs/school. I also want to make sure that this change is good for everyone's schedule. The drafts have been scheduled for tomorrow for a while now and I'm pretty sure people had to shuffle their plans for it. I'd rather not further the inconvenience without at least checking with them first. I want to hear from Leo, Charlotte, etc to make sure that works for them as well.

*edit

How is everyone's schedule for Sunday?

You have me at a loss. I can't see where you're coming from in regards to your frustration being correctly directed at me. You know me well. I'll admit when I've made a mistake. I'll simply bring this exchange to it's cessation and carry on with the process. I'm hoping you'll reciprocate.

DigiMark007
I know all that ill. But the situation was remedied with hours to go before draft time. I said it was a real possibility that it would be moved. Did I lie? And did I have a way of finding out after signing out? And was it from lack of trying?

So I woke up and had to guess, because I had other committments to decide between. I guessed wrong. Shame on me. But I had to guess. Shame on you.

leonidas
Actually, that would be 10A PST, as I am in California. 10a PST is 7a PST.

yeah, oops. embarrasment

anyway, since nothing is happening currently (and i assume not for the remainder of today . . .) i guess this is adjourned until tomorrow at 1:00 EST?

i'm not even sure I'LL be able to be here at that time, but scoob seemed to be all right with it and i'll be around not too long after that, if i do miss it.

illadelph12
Ok. I'm still fuming over Miss Martian in this tourney. But I'll just have to pick a trick or two along the draft lines. laughing

Fangirl and others that may not be able to log on tomorrow, can you please PM me a list, in order of priority, of 10-20 characters you would like to draft? As the first round is essentially over and the draft order is set, I'll simply do the proxy drafts (in order) for those who are not available. Digi will have last pick in Round 1 and first pick in round 2. Round 2 Draft order will be as follows:

1. Digi
2. Fangirl
3. id369/Kandy
4. Kfish
5. Leo/Scoob
6. Charlotte
7. B-dub/Smurph

Thanks for your cooperation and patience.

illadelph12
Thanks Bada.

Takion
Third Age Spawn was still pretty powerful, he summoned the legion, defeated the 13 Disciples. He far above peoples expectations here.

leonidas
Originally posted by Takion
Third Age Spawn was still pretty powerful, he summoned the legion, defeated the 13 Disciples. He far above peoples expectations here.

figures.

i hate spawn. no expression

TricksterPriest
i'm told it was actually Fifth age, and not Third. if it in fact was Third, he needs an auto-ban.

Charlotte DeBel
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
i'm told it was actually Fifth age, and not Third. if it in fact was Third, he needs an auto-ban.

He meant Spawn "before God Spawn" and "after King of Hell", thus third, thus needs to be replaced by either 1st or 5th ages.

Takion
Fifth Age is the only qualifying Spawn. But he's utter shit and hasn't done anything impressive. BTW After fifth age, there will be no sixth age it will be called New Age (I just made that up) I'll post the reasonings in The respect thread.

TricksterPriest
Takion, do you have scans of the legion and third age spawn? Because I'm moving for a ban, but I need scans.

Takion
Originally posted by Charlotte DeBel
He meant Spawn "before God Spawn" and "after King of Hell", thus third, thus needs to be replaced by either 1st or 5th ages.
That Spawn was still a beast, he defeated the 13 disciples in the Garden of Eden where he was limited in his powers so he can get the powers of A God.

Takion
Takion, do you have scans of the legion and third age spawn? Because I'm moving for a ban, but I need scans.
Uhh can you give me about an hour?

TricksterPriest
go ahead. Just find me something bannable. Because I read up to Spawn 163 or so before Thieve's guild went down. and Third Age is low herald minimum.

Takion
go ahead. Just find me something bannable. Because I read up to Spawn 163 or so before Thieve's guild went down. and Third Age is low herald minimum.
I'll show the scans of him summoning two other Spawn (Dark Age and Ninja) to help defeat the Disciples in the Garden of Eden when time was running out. Each Disciple is at least right under herald level.

TricksterPriest
Good, but a little more than that. Like his using the green powers or some of the more subtle effects.

Takion
Good, but a little more than that. Like his using the green powers or some of the more subtle effects.
yeah I'll try getting that.

Takion
Spawn Vs the Discpless

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g9/Takion_photos/Spawn160p062006eclipse-DCP.jpg

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g9/Takion_photos/Spawn160p072006eclipse-DCP.jpg

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g9/Takion_photos/Spawn160p08-092006eclipse-DCP.jpg

Spawn saying his power is limited in the Garden of Eden.

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g9/Takion_photos/Spawn160p122006eclipse-DCP.jpg

Continue.........

Takion
http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g9/Takion_photos/Spawn160p132006eclipse-DCP.jpg

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g9/Takion_photos/Spawn160p142006eclipse-DCP.jpg

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g9/Takion_photos/Spawn160p152006eclipse-DCP.jpg

Hope that clears stuff up.

King Kandy
Um Trick... you aren't even in this tourney... why are you arguing about stuff?

AlmightyKfish
He's judging.

Scoobless
Originally posted by Takion
Hope that clears stuff up.

Not even remotely ... but then I have no idea who anyone in those scans is (besides Spawn)

no expression

AlmightyKfish
I think the argument was the disciple (the guy spawn is slaughtering) ais mid herald level, and Spawn (draining of power) is doing that.

Badabing
Thanks Bada. You're welcome. big grin

Takion
Um Trick... you aren't even in this tourney... why are you arguing about stuff?
I just dont want someone to pick a character that would be cheap in this tournament.
Not even remotely ... but then I have no idea who anyone in those scans is (besides Spawn)

no expression
There all Image characters.
Originally posted by AlmightyKfish
I think the argument was the disciple (the guy spawn is slaughtering) ais mid herald level, and Spawn (draining of power) is doing that.
There are 13 Disciples. The weakest one (XIII) is Mid-Herald level.

TricksterPriest
Prior to Third Age, Spawn's powers did not work in the so-called Dead Zone, the entrance to the Garden. So when he fought the disciple the first time, he was slaughtered. The disciple has easily dispatched several other hellspawn in it's time.

Essentially, even high hell spawn or demons like Violator couldn't beat those things. And Spawn beat 12 of them before throwing the fight against Judas.

Takion
Prior to Third Age, Spawn's powers did not work in the so-called Dead Zone, the entrance to the Garden. So when he fought the disciple the first time, he was slaughtered. The disciple has easily dispatched several other hellspawn in it's time.

Essentially, even high hell spawn or demons like Violator couldn't beat those things. And Spawn beat 12 of them before throwing the fight against Judas.
And also to mention he could have killed Judas but was stopped because he was the favorite Disciple of M.o.M

King Kandy
I'd like some proof that the Disciples are mid-herald level.

Takion
I'd like some proof that the Disciples are mid-herald level.
THe greatest of them (Judas) is M.o.M's favorite, and the rest are probably were the frontline of Image's Gods army.

TricksterPriest
I'm not for banning him based on that, but I know he had the earth powers and his costume was greatly evolved from it's beginnings.

Takion
The costume has gone through 3 metamorphisis and a 4th one will be happening soon. Also note Spawn was depowered in the Garden of Eden.

DigiMark007
One thing that I don't think was brought up:

Judo Master. 10 points?

In the tiers thread, pretty much anyone in any street category has only their MMA skill and some trinkets. Almost anyone with "powers" beyond that is low meta. I wouldn't push for that, but surely someone who can't conceivably be hit by a street-leveler is at least High Street.

Motion to make her 15 points, not 10. Hopefully ill just steps in and does it without a zillion votes, because it seems like a blatant undervaluing.

Takion
One thing that I don't think was brought up:

Judo Master. 10 points?

In the tiers thread, pretty much anyone in any street category has only their MMA skill and some trinkets. Almost anyone with "powers" beyond that is low meta. I wouldn't push for that, but surely someone who can't conceivably be hit by a street-leveler is at least High Street.

Motion to make her 15 points, not 10. Hopefully ill just steps in and does it without a zillion votes, because it seems like a blatant undervaluing.
Too many big words...

TricksterPriest
The aversion field is very useful, and I can see it being bumped, but a few scans would help decide the issue.

DigiMark007
Wildcat couldn't touch her in a fighting match. Literally couldn't touch her at all. Not just punches...nothing. An attack with some spread would likely work, but that's reserved for much higher tiers. No one at 10 points in the tiers thread can lay a hand on her. Few, if any, at 15 could hope to either.

Really, how is Cap or DD, High Streets, going to beat that? At least 15, or that pick is simply highway robbery.

TricksterPriest
One, two scans, and I'll go for it.

DigiMark007
Bleh, I'll dig something up in the next few hours. Maybe. I have them, but they're buried in dis-organization.

Although, and I'd like to stress this, relating something that happened in a comic can be equally as valid as a scan. We've grown obsessed with them. It's not false until we see something if we can confirm it aurally.

As far as I see it, posting scans will simply be repeating myself. Anyone who reads JSA can confirm this for me.

TricksterPriest
I'm seeing that area attacks work, and that her power only works if they're specifically aiming for her.

Scoobless
One, two scans, and I'll go for it.

Here's the Wildcat power test:

http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/4858/88814774uc9.th.jpg http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/7073/49656396do5.th.jpg http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/9183/48297661zy2.th.jpg

Guy's considered one of the best H2H fighters in the world and he couldn't land a single hit.

DigiMark007

King Kandy
Wait hold on why are you drafting for round two? It hasn't happened yet.

Scoobless

illadelph12
Digi, to clarify, you can change your roster from week to week. After the week one match begins your rosters are fully customizable (you must submit weekly changes by each Wednesday) for all subsequent weeks up until the playoffs (where rosters become locked again).

Blair Wind

It happened when Digi drafted. He went over the time for draft two, but since what happened happened, we were just waiting for him to draft. smile

illadelph12

Digi has the 1st pick in round 2.

Scoobless
Hmm ... wrong thread methinks.

whistling

illadelph12
Fangirl has chosen:

Speedball - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speedball_(comics) - 20 Points
StarFire - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Starfire_(comics) 30 points

illadelph12
Hmm ... wrong thread methinks.

whistling

Nah, we'll use the same thread for each draft round. I don't want to clutter up page one.

Blair Wind
lineup continues:

King Kandy/Id
AlmightyKfish
Scoobs/Leo
Charlotte
Me/Smurph

illadelph12
Oh, and just so you know (to the rest who have picks), you can still wait until tomorrow to post your round 2 picks. Digi and Fangirl are special circumstances.

DigiMark007
Kandy, I was last to pick in round 1, and thus first in round 2. So Round 2 is begun, unless I misunderstood something.

Hmmm ... I see you went for the "I'm shit scared of telepathy" draft route.

Robot
Telepath
TP defence
Robot

stick out tongue

laughing out loud

None of them are susceptible to TP. It was a secondary concern. Sinister just happened to fill that role well in addition to the others I'll be using him for.

Hell, I still don't really know what this "free agent" thing is all about.

So that's everyone now yeah? ... or are we still waiting to see if Gundam is playing? (if so he better not draft Digi's second round characters or Digi is going to have to buy a new monitor while getting his broken hand fixed up)

I was under the impression we were moving forward. Ill gave me a tentative timeline via PM for the next round, and I told him I'd do what I could.

Digi, to clarify, you can change your roster from week to week. After the week one match begins your rosters are fully customizable (you must submit weekly changes by each Wednesday) for all subsequent weeks up until the playoffs (where rosters become locked again).

Good to know. Lots of matches, and my team can whup ass anyway, so I'm not terribly concerned. Thanks though.

Blair Wind
Or you can draft now round two if your heart so desires it smile

Scoobless
Nah, we'll use the same thread for each draft round. I don't want to clutter up page one.

It's not that, I was asking a question about the free agent thing then I figured it should go in the discussion thread.

embarrasment

Scoobless
Fangirl has chosen:

So it's classic Speedball, right? ... as in Pre Civil War/Pre Nitro/Pre Penance Speedball?

illadelph12
It's not that, I was asking a question about the free agent thing then I figured it should go in the discussion thread.

embarrasment

Actually, I'm going to make a standings, schedule, and transactions thread to keep track of everything (stats, trades, waivers, signings, standings). It will be like a sports page from a newspaper. I like to keep things organized.

King Kandy
Warmachine (Warwear): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_Machine (30) points

Midnighter: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midnighter (20) points

illadelph12
Kfish is on the clock.

fangirl101
Kfish is on the clock.
Hey did you get my other draft that was with Speed ball?

AlmightyKfish
So it's classic Speedball, right? ... as in Pre Civil War/Pre Nitro/Pre Penance Speedball?

Is that based on the concern that nowadays Penance can destroy building's with his powers?

Anyway my round 2-

Electro- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electro_(Marvel_Comics) - 25 pts
Taskmaster - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taskmaster_(comics) - 15pts

Tadah!

Charlotte DeBel
Is that based on the concern that nowadays Penance can destroy building's with his powers?

Anyway my round 2-

Electro- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electro_(Marvel_Comics) - 25 pts
Taskmaster - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taskmaster_(comics) - 15pts

Tadah!

Nice picks, I'd saysmile

Scoobless

Not concern this time, just that the Speedball and Penance personas seem to have different power-sets and I'd like to know which one it is ... and since he said Speedball instead of Penance I thought that's what he meant.

smile

1. Digi
2. Fangirl
3. id369/Kandy
4. Kfish
5. Leo/Scoob
6. Charlotte
7. B-dub/Smurph

So Kfish has drafted ... that means it's our turn:

Leo & Scoob

Brit - 20 points

Magik (Exiles) - 20 points

Charlotte DeBel
Charlotte DeBel

Omega Sentinel- http://www.uncannyxmen.net/db/spotlight/showquestion.asp?faq=10&fldAuto=141
25 pts

Oracle (Barbara Gordon)
http://en.dcdatabaseproject.com/Barbara_Gordon_%28New_Earth%29
5 pts

Scoobless
Ok, BW has been chomping at the bit to post his next drafts ... they better be good.

http://images.killermovies.com/forums/customsmilies/mogdoll.gif

illadelph12
Hey did you get my other draft that was with Speed ball?

Yes, I did:

Fangirl has chosen:

StarFire - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Starfire_(comics) 30 points

illadelph12
BDub/Smurph have chosen:

Pym = 25
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_Pym

Marvel Boy = 20
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noh-Varr

illadelph12
BDub/Smurph have chosen:

Vector = 30
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vector_(comics)

Scoobless
BDub/Smurph have chosen:

Pym = 25
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_Pym

Wow ... wonder where they came up with the idea to use him ... roll eyes (sarcastic)

laughing out loud

Charlotte DeBel
Charlotte's third round picks

Zachary Zatara- http://en.dcdatabaseproject.com/Zatara_(Zachary_Zatara)
25 points

Nyssa Raatko
http://en.dcdatabaseproject.com/Nyssa_Raatko_%28New_Earth%29
5 points

AlmightyKfish
Wow ... wonder where they came up with the idea to use him ... roll eyes (sarcastic)

laughing out loud

Godzilla tactic....Oh Teh Noes!

illadelph12
Scoob/Leo, you're on the clock.

Scoobless
Scoob/Leo, you're on the clock.

Um ... is there a rush right now? Leo's playing golf this morning (I think) and we may need to alter our last couple of picks.

embarrasment

illadelph12
You have time. Things are running a lot smoother than I'd anticipated.

Scoobless

Scoobless
Ok, Leo didn't think our turn would be up this soon. I think we've got it down to a choice between 4 characters or so, so we should be able to confirm who we're going for in a few hours (after he's done chasing little white balls with a back of metal sticks)

smile

DigiMark007
Are we on to round 3 yet? If so, when do I pick?

AlmightyKfish
You pick last Digi, it's the same order as Round 1.

DigiMark007
Eh, I would've thought it would reset to a first come, first served sort of thing, since not everyone will be going into round 4...in fact, it looks like most won't be. So the entire draft favors those who picked early in round 1, which a reverse-order system is supposed to guard against.

But that's fine. I'll wait.

leonidas
k, i'm back from chasing little white balls with the back of a metal stick. no expression (seriously, anyone looking for a partner out there . . .??)

i'll be picking shortly. smile

Scoobless
Eh, I would've thought it would reset to a first come, first served sort of thing, since not everyone will be going into round 4...in fact, it looks like most won't be. So the entire draft favors those who picked early in round 1, which a reverse-order system is supposed to guard against.

But that's fine. I'll wait.

Ah shaddap, you've only got 5 points to play with anyway ... how much trouble could you be in if you lost your first choice?

stick out tongue

k, i'm back from chasing little white balls with the back of a metal stick. no expression (seriously, anyone looking for a partner out there . . .??)

i'll be picking shortly. smile

I meant "bag" ... sometimes I type words that I don't mean ... it's weird and occasionally annoying.

Anyway ... I'll be on for the next half hour (maybe less) so hurry up and get back here.

no expression

leonidas
quit rushing me!! mad

and hurry up and read your pm! stick out tongue

leonidas
leo & scoob draft:

Century: http://www.marvel.com/universe/Century (20pts)

&

Alfred: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alfred_Pennyworth (5pts)

smile

TricksterPriest
Alfred? laughing out loud This should prove very entertaining.

AlmightyKfish
Dammit! I wanted Alfred (seriously).

Uhmm, give me 10 mins for my third round picks, both my guys have been taken so I gotta find someone useful.

-V-
Century was such a terrible character.

Force Works was in general.

leonidas
Originally posted by -V-
Century was such a terrible character.

Force Works was in general.

yeah, well, century and FW think YOU are terrible. no expression

Blair Wind
No. Force Works was terrible in general.

leonidas
what's with all the FW hate?? get offa my boyz! mad

illadelph12
Blair and Smurph - 125/125 points spent; 0 remaining.

Charlotte DeBel - 120/125 points spent; 5 remaining.

Scoob & Leo - 125/125 points spent; 0 remaining.

AlmightyKfish - 100/125 points spent; 25 remaining.

King Kandy & id369 - 105/125 points spent; 20 remaining.

fangirl101 - 85/125 points spent; 40 remaining.

Digi - 120/125 points spent; 5 remaining.

AlmightyKfish
OK- after much deliberation- here's my round 3 drafts.

Sabretooth - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sabretooth_(comics) - 20 pts

Jarvis - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edwin_Jarvis - 5 pts

Yeah, I had to go with the less amazing butler, it was a sad day...

DigiMark007
When's my turn? I'm completely clueless about the order of this.

And Century seems suspect for 20 points, but I'll abide by the tiers thread and know they weren't trying to pull a fast one on us.

AlmightyKfish
It's Kandy/ Id next, then fangirl, then you Digi (I think)

illadelph12
It's Kandy/ Id next, then fangirl, then you Digi (I think)

Yes, that's the order.

Kandy/id369, you're on the clock.

King Kandy
I need for id to be on so we can finalize our choices.

illadelph12
No prob.

Charlotte DeBel

King Kandy
Finally done deliberating.

Spot: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spot_(comics) - 20

Scoobless
quit rushing me!! mad

and hurry up and read your pm! stick out tongue

I was rushing cos I didn't have much time yesterday ... then I lost my connection anyway (was at a relatives house and their connection is crappy)

Alfred, eh? ... hmm

Ah well, it's done now.

Sweet ... when we end up facing Kfish we can have an Alfred Vs Jarvis solo match.

big grin

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>