Tape, CD or MP3?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

artstates
When I was a teenager, I used to listen tapes by the walkman AIWA, which cost me over Rmb 700 Yuan and now is probably out of business.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_ecucq8fCCTA/SLIeSFXthqI/AAAAAAAAABc/QYcDcAvrI78/s1600/DSC06089.jpg

The walkman worked well enough to make me skip the step of CD and directly to the MP3. Now I'm using a Samsung mp3 player, wihch is only a little more than Rmb 600 Yuan. It sounds good with a pair of philips earphone.

The last tapes I brought were two of Avril Lavign's, My World and My Happy Ending. Since then, I stopped buying music products anymore. Instead, I downloaded mp3 from the web, which has much higher sound quality and some of them are all for free.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_ecucq8fCCTA/SLIeI0Yzw4I/AAAAAAAAABU/KeZufDTpFoE/s1600/DSC06083.jpg

So what do you listen for most of the time, tape, CD or mp3?

ragesRemorse
I never listen to tapes. Infact, i haven't played a tape in the last ten years, that i can remember. I use mp3's primarily. Not only is music easier to access but with my ipod, i can carry my ENTIRE music collection with me anywhere i go. I still listen to cd's on my stereo from time to time, but that is only because i have not yet purchased an ipod converter for my stereo. MP3's are much more accessible and convenient than tapes or cd's.

I also like the fact that i can steal music off of the internet, if i want it bad enough. I still buy cd's on occasion, but that happens usually when i purchase the cd directly from the artist or i am shopping at the used cd store. I can't imagine myself using cd's at all within the next five years.

MildPossession
I played a tape today for the first time in years, found it in while I was cleaning out a draw. Popped it into the bin.

CDs are my favourites to buy, but listen to music via my mp3 player mostly. I've got OCD and it's a lot easier for me than getting a cd out of the box and putting it back and so on.

MP3 player is fab for me. But got most of the stuff on my mp3 in bought CDs on shelves.

Also like listening to records too, got a player in my room with a shelf full of records smile

artstates
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
I never listen to tapes. Infact, i haven't played a tape in the last ten years, that i can remember. I use mp3's primarily. Not only is music easier to access but with my ipod, i can carry my ENTIRE music collection with me anywhere i go. I still listen to cd's on my stereo from time to time, but that is only because i have not yet purchased an ipod converter for my stereo. MP3's are much more accessible and convenient than tapes or cd's.

I also like the fact that i can steal music off of the internet, if i want it bad enough. I still buy cd's on occasion, but that happens usually when i purchase the cd directly from the artist or i am shopping at the used cd store. I can't imagine myself using cd's at all within the next five years.

A big Hi to you, ragesRemorse!

Every time I download mp3 songs for free from the net, I cannot stop feeling sympathy for the singers. You know, in China, there has no relative and specific rules on this. Once I was in charm of an iPod, but after learning the fact that the music have to be downloaded in specified web and in specified form, I gave it up. Next time, I may turn back to it roll eyes (sarcastic)

And your signature! THE sentence, I read it twice till I got its meaning (I mean in English). And, it's the very word which changed my view on lies years ago. Since then, I become more and more honest, and it's easy to be so. I think that's the reason why I'm cheery. laughing

Hope you a great weekend! And I will spend the weekend with my friends of college! See you later!

PS: I wonder where are my pictures gone... embarrasment

artstates
Originally posted by MildPossession
I played a tape today for the first time in years, found it in while I was cleaning out a draw. Popped it into the bin.

CDs are my favourites to buy, but listen to music via my mp3 player mostly. I've got OCD and it's a lot easier for me than getting a cd out of the box and putting it back and so on.

MP3 player is fab for me. But got most of the stuff on my mp3 in bought CDs on shelves.

Also like listening to records too, got a player in my room with a shelf full of records smile

Hi MildPossession smile

I didn't listen to tapes neither. Those tapes are collected as antiques laughing

I can imagine what will us listen a few years later, maybe a little device inside our ears wireless and weigthless. Let's wait and hear! cool

red g jacks
Originally posted by artstates
Once I was in charm of an iPod, but after learning the fact that the music have to be downloaded in specified web and in specified form, I gave it up. Next time, I may turn back to it roll eyes (sarcastic)
you can get the music any way you want.. all you have to do is open it on itunes. which costs nothing.

artstates
Originally posted by red g jacks
you can get the music any way you want.. all you have to do is open it on itunes. which costs nothing.

Oh thanks red g jacks!!!

It's a really great and helpful suggestion! big grin

ragesRemorse
A big Hi to you, ragesRemorse!

Every time I download mp3 songs for free from the net, I cannot stop feeling sympathy for the singers. You know, in China, there has no relative and specific rules on this. Once I was in charm of an iPod, but after learning the fact that the music have to be downloaded in specified web and in specified form, I gave it up. Next time, I may turn back to it roll eyes (sarcastic)

And your signature! THE sentence, I read it twice till I got its meaning (I mean in English). And, it's the very word which changed my view on lies years ago. Since then, I become more and more honest, and it's easy to be so. I think that's the reason why I'm cheery. laughing

Hope you a great weekend! And I will spend the weekend with my friends of college! See you later!

PS: I wonder where are my pictures gone... embarrasment

Hey there good, arstates. I'm glad you were able to appreciate the quote from Mark Twain. I'm also glad that you have decided to try and be a more honest person. You certainly do seem very Cheerful laughing out loud. I think these forums could use more cheer.
I agree with you that it is sometimes hard to not feel guilty for pirating artists music. I usually only pirate music that i cannot find or from artists whom have already established themselves as giants in the music industry. Otherwise, i will try and contact the artists personally and request to buy the music from them directly.

You are to much, art laughing out loud i hope you have a good time in College. What pictures of yours have gone missing?

artstates
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
Hey there good, arstates. I'm glad you were able to appreciate the quote from Mark Twain. I'm also glad that you have decided to try and be a more honest person. You certainly do seem very Cheerful laughing out loud. I think these forums could use more cheer.
I agree with you that it is sometimes hard to not feel guilty for pirating artists music. I usually only pirate music that i cannot find or from artists whom have already established themselves as giants in the music industry. Otherwise, i will try and contact the artists personally and request to buy the music from them directly.

You are to much, art laughing out loud i hope you have a good time in College. What pictures of yours have gone missing?

A hah ragesRemorse! How have you been doing! Long time no see big grin I have expected seeing your reply, I've consider you as my best firend in this forum! People even don't have much to talk in the same country, let alone in different cultures!

Oh, so it was side by Mark Twain, I should have known it... I've watched his The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn when I was in junior high school, and was attracted by this humorous writer. But as I found more about him, I learned that he had such a tragic life... So I think his works should be cherished by more people.

Wow, it seems you are familiar with the artists or musicians or celebs, since you can buy music from them in person. You can see my envy here. Once I encountered an African American on the street of CBD of Beijing, who looked like Denzel Washington very much. I think I would have to speak to him if I was sure he was him. What a pity!

For the roommates reunion, it was a successful one. All of us were happy to see each other again. But things haven't changed too much during two years after the graduation.

The pictures! I mean the pictures posted in my thread, the tapes, I cannot see them anymore. Maybe there's something wrong with my web browser. confused I can only see crosses in my article...

SpacemanSpiff
CDs are the best as far as quality but I have an mp3 player which is much more practical.

artstates
Originally posted by SpacemanSpiff
CDs are the best as far as quality but I have an mp3 player which is much more practical.

Yep, we could put thousands of songs in the MP3 player and take it with us everywhere.

But suddenly I begin to think that, we add and delete the songs in the mp3 all the time, and it's only a easy step. But we seldom abandon a CD or a tape... I mean, I'm feeling we are missing something... confused

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by MildPossession

It was the word 'popped' that made it funny.

I'm the same, bar the borderline mental illness.

Darth Jello
i listen to mainly cd and mp3 but i still think that the best sound quality comes from vinyl. I've got a specialized record player and i've actually gone on my itunes and erased several cds and replaced the audio with the original vinyl because it's just so much more warm, loud, and natural sounding.

AdamW.
I listened to a tape or two when I was really really little.

I still use CDs, I only buy them though if I love the band or the entire CD is great.

I used to mostly use MP3 players, I'm going to again because I just bought a new one(I like the Sansa ones). I spilt milk on my other one, but I didn't use it until weeks after I did that so I never noticed it was broken. Just the sound actually.

MildPossession
I use to listen to lots of tapes when little, had a walkman, ah memories of rewinding all the time...

ragesRemorse
A hah ragesRemorse! How have you been doing! Long time no see big grin I have expected seeing your reply, I've consider you as my best firend in this forum! People even don't have much to talk in the same country, let alone in different cultures!

Oh, so it was side by Mark Twain, I should have known it... I've watched his The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn when I was in junior high school, and was attracted by this humorous writer. But as I found more about him, I learned that he had such a tragic life... So I think his works should be cherished by more people.

Wow, it seems you are familiar with the artists or musicians or celebs, since you can buy music from them in person. You can see my envy here. Once I encountered an African American on the street of CBD of Beijing, who looked like Denzel Washington very much. I think I would have to speak to him if I was sure he was him. What a pity!

For the roommates reunion, it was a successful one. All of us were happy to see each other again. But things haven't changed too much during two years after the graduation.

The pictures! I mean the pictures posted in my thread, the tapes, I cannot see them anymore. Maybe there's something wrong with my web browser. confused I can only see crosses in my article...

I always forget to check the music forum, dammit. That's cool that you like Twain. He was a very intelligent and observant person. I think his writings can very thought provoking. I never read Huck Finn, but did see the movie that starred Johnathon Tayler Thomas laughing out loud

Did you hear that everyone...I HAVE A BEST FRIEND eek! that's cool. laughing out loud
Seriously, though, i do agree that it can be hard to find someone that offers enjoying discussion. I guess that is why i come to KMC so often. I don't have to worry about being interesting here. I can be random and work on my witty one-liners.

I don't know the musicians on myspace, personally. I just kept annoying them until they sent me of their music. It's probably the equivalent to seeing a look-alike celebrity wink That's cool that you had a roomates reuinion. Do you think you all will stay in touch? Zai Jian Wo De Peng You....i think thats right

Tempe Brennan
I used to prefer tapes over CD's, until I discovered CD's were way better. I listen to CD's most of all. I can't listen to MP3's as I can't hear properly. The only time I can listen to music is at home.

AC/DC'S_LVR
i have both and mp3 and cds

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.