ARE this true ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

skygunner41
In the latest JLA WW said that she twice faster than supes ...can this statement is true.? confused rolling on floor laughing

OR those writer on crack or something. rolling on floor laughing

Seer Q'Anilia
Twice as fast as FTL? Okay yes

skygunner41
SO is it true?
She said it herself...

Where Avlon when we need him.

Seer Q'Anilia
The fastes I have read Superman travel is 184202 miles per second. I can't see WW doubleing that.

Besides, the Wonder Woman thing was just a quote. Words should not always be relied on, and especially not when the person is talking about oneself.

Bardock42
Originally posted by skygunner41
In the latest JLA WW said that she twice faster than supes ...can this statement is true.? confused rolling on floor laughing

OR those writer on crack or something. rolling on floor laughing

When you use "are" you have to use "these".

When you use "is" you have to use "this".

That's because of the difference between singular and plural. In your case you have to say "is this true", as it is just one thing that you are wondering about.

And it should be "can this statement be true."

I can't tell you why exactly, but it should be.

You also need to say "she is twice faster than" and "are those writers on crack"

The plural of "writer" is "writers". It is very good that you used "than" though, many people make a mistake there.

skygunner41
Okay ...thx for grammar correction.Now regarding this issue..

Allankles
I don't really see it as an issue. Can you describe a single scenario where Wonder Woman could be faster than Superman? No? What's the problem? He moves faster than her, she's even hinted that Superman's speed is greater than hers. In one story arch she was forced to perform a task that the JLA's involvement would jeopardize, so she disabled them one by one by (blind siding them of course).

The last member was Superman and to insure he wasn't going to interfere she trapped JLA members in the watchtower and she set the tower on a course with the sun. She then jumped Superman in a desert after first faking a distress call.

Superman overpowered her and she said that she knew she couldn't beat him but she could weaken him enough that he wouldn't be able to be fast enough to to interfere with her task because it would take him longer to save the watchtower than it otherwise would have.

Galvaclaw
It was written by dwane Mcduffie. The same guy who had the the surfer get put in a hammerlock by Black panther.

He has no idea what he's writing. Considering Superman tends to be much faster when they fight (for tommorow, Sacrifice)

Becci
Originally posted by Allankles
I don't really see it as an issue. Can you describe a single scenario where Wonder Woman could be faster than Superman? No? What's the problem? He moves faster than her, she's even hinted that Superman's speed is greater than hers. In one story arch she was forced to perform a task that the JLA's involvement would jeopardize, so she disabled them one by one by (blind siding them of course).

The last member was Superman and to insure he wasn't going to interfere she trapped JLA members in the watchtower and she set the tower on a course with the sun. She then jumped Superman in a desert after first faking a distress call.

Superman overpowered her and she said that she knew she couldn't beat him but she could weaken him enough that he wouldn't be able to be fast enough to to interfere with her task because it would take him longer to save the watchtower than it otherwise would have.

That messed up my love for Wonder Woman completely stick out tongue

Bardock42
Originally posted by Allankles

That was JLA : A League of One

Good book, that.

Soljer
Two things.

1) It was written by McDuffie. So...it's more or less meaningless.

2) He clarified on his board that, while Superman is faster in every way, shape, or form, Wonder Woman is better trained, and is therefore more likely to put her speed to positive effect.

Boy Blue
Originally posted by Soljer
Two things.

2) He clarified on his board that, while Superman is faster in every way, shape, or form, Wonder Woman is better trained, and is therefore more likely to put her speed to positive effect. Where have YOU been?

Raoul
Originally posted by Soljer
Two things.

2) He clarified on his board that, while Superman is faster in every way, shape, or form, Wonder Woman is better trained, and is therefore more likely to put her speed to positive effect.

it actually struck me as being like a jlu episode in many ways... that and a re-hash of meltzer's amazo story, just backwards in its own way...

Soljer
Originally posted by Boy Blue
Where have YOU been?

Real life > KMC.

But now that I'm back at my Uni, real life has all kinds of free time available...so...KMC comes back.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.