Exar Kun and Bane take on the world of star wars.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kotor3
Can one person defeat them?

Kun and Bane are at there peak.

Seer Q'Anilia
Sidious? NJO Luke? Nihilus? Kreia?

Kotor3
Originally posted by Seer Q'Anilia
Sidious? NJO Luke? Nihilus? Kreia?

I can see you asking questions about the other three but Kreia should not be there.

Which version of Sidious are you referring to?

Schwarzenegger
Um kun alone would defeat traya and so would bane.

Seer Q'Anilia
Kreia did severe three masters from the force by raising one of her hands. Imagine what she could do with two hands oh And the '?' was there because it was a question, not a statement.

Sidious is not part of my area of 'expertise'. Dark Empire version, perhaps?

Schwarzenegger
Kreia did severe three masters from the force by raising one of her hands. Imagine what she could do with two hands oh And the '?' was there because it was a question, not a statement.

Sidious is not part of my area of 'expertise'. Dark Empire version, perhaps? Just because she severed 3 nobodies(except kavar for his exceptional saber skills) doesn't mean she could sever someone that nearly killed a post DE luke and someone that stunned nearly millions of senators(hundreds of thousands at least considering the senates massive size) with relative ease.

The stronger your opponent, the harder it is to cut him off the force alone. And don't forget that exar kun had many techniques and knowledge that died with him hence it will be unknown to kreia and the fact that he has amulets that can instantly kill kreia if he decided to fire it at full potency.

Oh and DE sidious is one of the most powerful force users, i'm afraid more powerful than kreia and nihilus.

Kotor3
I have a question, wasn't it Exar Kun spirit that almost killed NJO Luke?

If so, wouldn't NJO Luke have a hell of a time with Exar Kun if he was not a spirit and perhaps would not be able to defend against some Exar Kun's techniques?

Schwarzenegger
Well luke by NJO would be strong enough to defeat kun in combat, as for exar nearly killing luke, you would have to ask gideon for more details as i don't have the exact details.

Kotor3
Ok, I will wait for that answer, but how about Mace or Yoda?

I say Mace last about 30 seconds. I give Yoda a minute.

Lightsnake
NJO Luke? No, Kun and Kyp doubleteamed JA Luke. If they could've killed him and not just severed him from his body, they likely would have

caedusrulesall
Originally posted by Kotor3
I can see you asking questions about the other three but Kreia should not be there.

Which version of Sidious are you referring to?

Look, Kotor3, you don't usually ask a question then tell the very first person who answers that they're wrong.

On topic, DE Sidious or NJO/DN/LOTF Luke could probably beat those two.

Kotor3
Originally posted by caedusrulesall
Look, Kotor3, you don't usually ask a question then tell the very first person who answers that they're wrong.

On topic, DE Sidious or NJO/DN/LOTF Luke could probably beat those two.

What are you talking about? I made a statement then asked a question.

I could not make any statement concerning Sidious since I did not know what version she was referring to.

Lord Knightfa11
Originally posted by Schwarzenegger
Just because she severed 3 nobodies

Im sorry. shut up. just stfu. They are jedi... MASTERS. I think to be a nobody in star wars you have to be the the two headed alien in the bar on telos., not an experienced Jedi master. You can use... Lesser Jedi master, or three of the weaker jedi masters, but obviously they would have to be relatively strong in the order to be Jedi masters. And this is the order that breeded the likes of revan, bastilla, and the exile.

They were not nobodies.

Seer Q'Anilia
Originally posted by Lord Knightfa11
They were not nobodies.

Which does not necessarily mean they are somebodies.

Gideon
Only circa the Unifying Force would Luke Skywalker be capable of defeating these two. In fact, I'm still hesitant to go there. I'd like to see more evidence from both sides.

Enyalus

Sidious is not part of my area of 'expertise'. Dark Empire version, perhaps?

I think, perhaps, the only one capable of defeating this duo would be DE Sidious. His saber skills are good enough to beat a 6-year-after ROTJ Luke. He's got a vastly powerful Force Lightning (Bane's weakness), and if all else fails - Force Storm. He does go down to Luke in a saber duel towards the end of the arc, but only after Luke had been immersed in the Dark Side by Sidious himself for weeks.

Other than that, I would say the only one with a possibility would be Nihilus. And I think it's a small possibility at that. He wouldn't be able to beat them in a saber duel. Now, he could Drain/Sever them. If he does it quickly, then he wins. However, Bane's speed has not only been shown to be incredibly fast, but his orbalisks are essentially creatures of the Dark Side itself. They feed off of Dark Side energy, and in return amplify one's Dark Side power. So, I'm not entirely sure Nihilus would be able to Sever Bane completely, because Bane is constantly getting a Dark Side boost. Think of it as if someone is draining out water from a pot at a rapid rate, but before it can be completed, more water is being poured in to fill it back up (or maybe not filled completely, but whatever). So...I don't think Nihilus has much of a chance.

The only other one I'd give any chance to is LOTF Luke, and considering Kun and Bane's considerable saber skill, Kun's amulet, and the fact that Bane has a lightsaber to block Luke's Electric Judgment...I don't see Luke winning, either.

Just my two cents.

Gideon
According to Lightsnake and the audiobook, Palpatine and Skywalker reached a particular level of cosmic power during their final duel and it was not necessarily Skywalker's own potency that overcame the Emperor's, but something akin to an "avatar state." Moreover, it is rather curious that the comic details Palpatine dominating Skywalker, what? A day before? And continues to dominate him throughout their duel until Princess Leia "glows" with seeming Force discharge. Only then does Skywalker overcome the Emperor, suggesting possible battle meditation.

Enyalus
Originally posted by Gideon
According to Lightsnake and the audiobook, Palpatine and Skywalker reached a particular level of cosmic power during their final duel and it was not necessarily Skywalker's own potency that overcame the Emperor's, but something akin to an "avatar state." Moreover, it is rather curious that the comic details Palpatine dominating Skywalker, what? A day before? And continues to dominate him throughout their duel until Princess Leia "glows" with seeming Force discharge. Only then does Skywalker overcome the Emperor, suggesting possible battle meditation.

Well, there ya go, Q'Anillia. More reasons why DE Sidious probably takes this. big grin

Schwarzenegger
Originally posted by Lord Knightfa11
Im sorry. shut up. just stfu. They are jedi... MASTERS. I think to be a nobody in star wars you have to be the the two headed alien in the bar on telos., not an experienced Jedi master. You can use... Lesser Jedi master, or three of the weaker jedi masters, but obviously they would have to be relatively strong in the order to be Jedi masters. And this is the order that breeded the likes of revan, bastilla, and the exile.

They were not nobodies. Wow, i try to play nice and not insult people yet you are attempting to bait me into starting a flame war with you, guess what? It won't work.

Oh and DO prove they were somebodies, being a master means jack especially when you lack remarkable force feats or anything to substantiate their strength in the force.

I can be a blackbelt in karate or taekwondo but that simply doesn't mean shit, a white belt becomes a blackbelt after the number of years training and passing a few "posing tests", the same way it is for those guys, they became masters after years and years of training and the council feels ready to promote them.

Substaniate how they were "relatively strong".

Blax_Hydralisk
Kreia did severe three masters from the force by raising one of her hands. Imagine what she could do with two hands oh

Going into my profile for random goofy'ness.

Jedi Master is nothing more then a title. Coleman Trebor was not only a Jedi Master, but he was a council member. Yet he still got WTFpwned by Jango in like, three seconds.

A Jedi is more likely to be appointed to the rank of Master due to his/her level of enlightenment and knowledge then due to combat prowess anyway.

Tangible God
Something a lot of people forget apparently.

Schwarzenegger
Exactly.

Kotor3
Originally posted by Schwarzenegger
Wow, i try to play nice and not insult people yet you are attempting to bait me into starting a flame war with you, guess what? It won't work.

Oh and DO prove they were somebodies, being a master means jack especially when you lack remarkable force feats or anything to substantiate their strength in the force.

I can be a blackbelt in karate or taekwondo but that simply doesn't mean shit, a white belt becomes a blackbelt after the number of years training and passing a few "posing tests", the same way it is for those guys, they became masters after years and years of training and the council feels ready to promote them.

Substaniate how they were "relatively strong".

You are correct. Kreia herself in a sense pronounced them weak. However, her feat is still an impressive one. To become a Jedi Master means the Jedi would a least reached a certain level and had a certain amount of training.

As already stated a Jedi Master does not mean one is very powerful in the force or a great warrior.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.